• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Married women who don't take their husband's last name? Your opinions.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey

My English teacher is a woman who didn't take her husband's last name upon getting married. I'm not sure why she didn't. However, she is a feminism extremist, so... I figured that sort of filled in that blank.

I feel it's odd if you don't take the man's last name, but only because that's how I was raised. I'd be content with hyphenating my last name (although, due to the length of my last name I don't think I will be).

krexia

Translator
Awards
I'm one to believe that a name is what leads a person down a specific path.
Uh-huh. My given name means 'small and dark', in the physical sense of dark-complexioned. I'm tall and blonde.

Grey

My full name relates to an "Eternal" and famed "ruler" or leader, who "goes for less." I'm definitely a ruler of absolutely nothing and I don't foresee myself ruling anything in the future. And I definitely don't go for less. I don't quite understand why would would go for less, and I have some greedy tendencies at times.

Awards
Sellers is bound to have been derived from another family name long ago. Besides, it was quite often that a family name was chosen due to a family's profession at the time. Chances are that if you find a Smith, that person has ancestors that made a living as blacksmiths. But the only names that I have found this for are all European names. Asian and whatnot are unknown to me. The only way that I have the meaning of my family name is due to the fact that it is one that has been around for centuries and has been unchanged, or changed very little, throughout the ages.
you dont say....

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
I think the person with the better last name should keep theirs. If a Henderson marries a Shablegablegoo, obviously Shablegablegoo should keep their name.

blackberi

The b*tch should go back to the kitchen.

No, I think people should be allowed to do what they want and what pleases them. If she wants to take his name, sure, and if he wants to take hers, fine. If either want to add a hyphen, whatevs. It's all chill~

jlosgamergurl09

I'm married and legally I still have my name. We just haven't had the chance to get my name changed to his. I want to, I really do. For non-legal things, I do use my married name. Legal things still have my maiden name on it. Some things are hyphenated so that when we do get my name changed, we won't have to worry about those things so much as the other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back