• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Zootopia - "It's called a hustle, sweetheart."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Ooh there were so many lines that I've heard in real life. The "you're not like them because you're my friend" line really hit me hard. Having experienced that makes the movie more real and powerful for me.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This movie made it onto my favorite Disney films for a lot of reasons. That was easily one of them.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Ooh there were so many lines that I've heard in real life. The "you're not like them because you're my friend" line really hit me hard. Having experienced that makes the movie more real and powerful for me.

You gotta hand it to Disney Animation, they're dethroning Pixar of their former glory with their latest slate of movies.

redcrown

Awards
You gotta hand it to Disney Animation, they're dethroning Pixar of their former glory with their latest slate of movies.

definitely. I hate to say this but I think admittedly Pixar has gone a bit down in overall film quality.
I mean, compare how groundbreaking Finding Nemo was compared to Brave or Inside Out. Which doesn't mean Pixar can't improve itself to be at the level they once were again. But as of now Disney is getting more experimental and innovative overall with their newer films compared to Pixar's more recent ones.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
definitely. I hate to say this but I think admittedly Pixar has gone a bit down in overall film quality.
I mean, compare how groundbreaking Finding Nemo was compared to Brave or Inside Out. Which doesn't mean Pixar can't improve itself to be at the level they once were again. But as of now Disney is getting more experimental and innovative overall with their newer films compared to Pixar's more recent ones.

I mostly agree with this, except I thoroughly enjoyed Inside Out and didn't Brave was too bad, but the likes of Cars 2 and Wall-E still leave a bad taste in my mouth. I think Zootopia fully realizes the direction Disney has been headed. Disney has a better understanding of the entirity of its audience, from children to adults to grandparents, and even teenagers. I think Pixar does have some fantastic movies, but Disney itslef has consistently delivered smash hits recently.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I never thought I'd see the day, but you are absolutely correct. I just can't believe it, but all the better for Disney Animation. Hopefully Pixar will use this as a competition to better themselves.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I never thought I'd see the day, but you are absolutely correct. I just can't believe it, but all the better for Disney Animation. Hopefully Pixar will use this as a competition to better themselves.

Same here, I want both studios to produce equally compelling movies
(though my heart is to Disney Animation as their affiliated with Kingdom Hearts and they're the flagship Disney studio). I suppose part of the reason as to why this has happened is because the creative leaders of Pixar (John Lasseter and Ed Catmull) restructured Disney Animation after the Pixar inquisition, and because of this, these Chiefs didn't invest as much time and effort into Pixar as they used to. Plus, Brave, Monsters University and The Good Dinosaur are produced by Pixar newcomers and they don't have the same innovation as the veterans do, but that's just my two cents.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think I was happy to pick this over Superman vs Batman. Judie and Nick probably my favorite duo off this year. I wonder and I will ask in the world of KH too One day. Would it work in the series or pull a big hero sux in KH3?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I personally think it's too new for it to make it into KH3. Unless they've been working in tandem during both project's development cycles, I can't really see it happening right now. I'd be all for it though, but I think Big Hero 6 will be the newest property in KH3.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I personally think it's too new for it to make it into KH3. Unless they've been working in tandem during both project's development cycles, I can't really see it happening right now. I'd be all for it though, but I think Big Hero 6 will be the newest property in KH3.

We can't really place the stamp of newest property to Big Hero 6. During E3 2015, we assumed that Frozen was going to be the most recent property because quite a lot of people speculated a 2016 release, but with the Anaheim D23: Big Hero 6 was announced when everyone was assuming that Star Wars was going to be in the game.

At this point, it's honestly a 50/50 gamble, and even if they do hypothetically place Zootopia in, it's probably going to get the Big Hero 6 treatment of events happening after the movie finishes.

Bobjam

Awards
I recently saw this film and loved loved loved it. Although, much like when I saw Inside Out for the first time, I was wondering after: "are these movies for kids anymore??" I get the sense Disney really does acknowledge not just adults in general that watch these films with their children but also the fanbase of teens, 20s and 30s that have grown up with their films. The social commentary layered in this film was pretty slick must say.

However (unpopular opinion possibly) I think Inside Out is a better film ^^

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Just saw this tonight and even though I took a short snooze through an apparent climax (due to work, exhaustion - not boredom), I was supremely happy with the movie. The animation was perfect, the characters were great. It's refreshing to see Disney push out of their mold, do subtle nods to humor the adults and blend all the mystery, comedy and heart-tugging genres so effortlessly.

Knuxpyro56

We can't really place the stamp of newest property to Big Hero 6. During E3 2015, we assumed that Frozen was going to be the most recent property because quite a lot of people speculated a 2016 release, but with the Anaheim D23: Big Hero 6 was announced when everyone was assuming that Star Wars was going to be in the game.

At this point, it's honestly a 50/50 gamble, and even if they do hypothetically place Zootopia in, it's probably going to get the Big Hero 6 treatment of events happening after the movie finishes.

Just put in Nick and Judy in as summons, we all win. Zootopia has rep, and everyone's happy. And if they wanted to do something even funnier just put Flash in a shop in Radiant Garden/Traverse Town, in a cut scene to that tortures Sora.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Finally got around to seeing this. It was pretty cute. Didn't quite feel it lived up to the hype/praise, but it was really enjoyable.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
For me this was the first Disney movie in a long time where the characters and their actions made sense. I think Zootopia is a lot better than Frozen (too disconnected) and way better than Big Hero 6 (too much superhero movie nonsense).
The one thing that really stand out to me is that yes: You still can make a Disney movie without a really annoying sidekick that is dragged around for the laughs the whole movie. Go figure.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
For me this was the first Disney movie in a long time where the characters and their actions made sense. I think Zootopia is a lot better than Frozen (too disconnected) and way better than Big Hero 6 (too much superhero movie nonsense).
The one thing that really stand out to me is that yes: You still can make a Disney movie without a really annoying sidekick that is dragged around for the laughs the whole movie. Go figure.

I think part of the reason as to why there was no "annoying sidekick character" was because it focused on the buddy cop relationship. In technicality, Clawhauser was the Olaf/Fred of the movie but he doesn't travel with Judy like Nick and Bogo, which by default, makes him more likeable and less on the "potentially irritating" side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back