• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"You're Grounded"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Heh, I've gotten grounded from everything just for leaving a pair of jeans on the floor. It was for a week.
And then it happened again but this was for leaving my Global Studies book on my bed, open.

Aetheus

I've never been grounded. My parents leave at the crack of dawn and return past midnight, so no, they've never had a chance to ground me. But then again, I don't leave home much anyway because I'm just under house arrest.

Elorah

Awards
I don't get 'grounded'... Well, I haven't for a really long time. Basically my punishment was staying in my room for a couple of hours, and I'd get through that by drawing or listening to music.

Nine-Tailed Fox

?˖✧ Army of One ✧˖?
Awards
Website
sailorstar-fox.livejournal.com
Heh, I've gotten grounded from everything just for leaving a pair of jeans on the floor. It was for a week.
And then it happened again but this was for leaving my Global Studies book on my bed, open.

Man,that's harsh.

I rarely get grounded.

The only times that I do get grounded,are when I get into a fight with my brothers :/

It's not like any of us have ever gotten seriously hurt...

And I haven't been beaten in a LONG time.
I think I was 5 when I got my last beating.And yes,I think getting grounded is a lot better.

Bloodgift

How about it?
I am grounded for me going out late, (twice) to watch a movie with my girlfriend, I have my MSN privleges taken away for 3 months, and a week ago, I was banned from seeing her, for a week! Lol, but now Iz happy, don't really give a stuff about msn, *goes to cry in the corner*

Trag

Bronze Member
I don't let my parents ground me, I argue with them until they shut the fuck up and i sit back down on the computer. Rarely have I been sent to my room, and that was for little things, like antagonizing my older sister by saying aviators looked dumb, and then singing Dumb to the tune of Carol of the Bells. She cried and I bounced, got a ride to Maine. I avoid punishment, because it's dumb.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I get grounded every once in a while, whether it be for bad grades (I'm perfectly content with being a mediocre student, and a lot of the time, especially now, even that is hard to achieve being), lashing out ( I can have a pretty bad temper, I poured lemonade over my brother's head once), etc.

I never actually sit through the punishment and always try to sneak on though.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Lol, I've been grounded before. Not that does anything.

They lock me outta the modem, I find a way to bypass it. They get rid of the router, I still find a way to bypass it.

xx kairi xx

iv only ever been grounded twice and it was only for 3days. i didnt tend to go out much so it wasnt a 'suitable' punishment...tho it suited me just fine lolz
usually i had my consoles taken away or banned from the computer or summinc.
dont tend to get punished anymore though, just the threat that i need to pack my bags and go occasionally lol tho wen i do do this they lock the doors and say dnt be stupid....kinda confusing

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Your sig colors hurt my eyes.

They'll also take a controller or game away occasionally, but they don't know that I'll have a controller hidden somewhere. xD

Twilight_Path

You're grounded?! Noooooooooo... :(

I've only been technically "grounded" once in my life (for a couple days), and I'd rather not get into detail on that, but I remember entertaining myself with an etch-a-sketch. I had the usual, no TV or internet or phone privileges, etc. Besides the etch-a-sketch, I spent those leisurely hours gazing out the window, laughing dryly at the reason I was grounded, and napping.

Meh.

Fuyu

Grounded once, and for about a week.

I used too much money on cellphone goods, without permission.

Also my weekly money was taken away for few weeks.

But at least I learned my lesson.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I've been grounded like once or twice, and that was for not finishing something major on time. I don't really get into trouble.

I've heard of some of the groundings my friends get, and at times it just seems like abuse of parental power.
"You're home 3 minutes late, Susan"
"I'm sorry, we had to stop for gas on the way home because we were really low..."
"Don't talk back to me. You're grounded for a week. No cell phone, friends, computer, or anything."

That's 168 hours of no recreational activity. Had it been summer vacation, that would be 168 hours where a child is forced to stay in their room/house for 7 days with no contact with the outside world or anything of the sort. I find that to be unhealthy, but that's not what really bugs me. What bugs me is that parents WILL ground their kids for like a week if they do something trivial like come home 3 minutes late or something happens on accident.

Just because I overslept and missed the bus this morning so I couldn't get to school. My mom is away on a business trip, and my siblings don't want to drive me.
This is the kind of crap that pisses me off. If your sibling had any kindness or worth in their heart at all, they would offer to drive their little brother/sister to school. Just because "they don't want to" THEY have the authority to ground you?

I get woken up early in the morning to do favors my parents ASK me to, they don't force me to, and I do it gladly regardless of how tired or lazy I am. What kind of brothers/sisters do you have, honestly?

Of course, because he's my guardian, logic and reason don't necessarily matter in a debate, unless he believes it. So he continued his vendetta against the internet, claiming it would shatter my grades, ruin my friendships, and probably contribute greatly to global warming. I'm not allowed to use the internet as much as I would like- on the weekends. I'm not allowed any access to the internet during the school week, unless it's strictly for educational purposes. Luckily I managed to dredge up a second modem, to replace the one he takes with him when he leaves the house.
See, some parents are just plain unreasonable and I hate that. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
For example, I can't go out in the rain because my mom believes I will catch pneumonia or a cold. Regardless of the fact that you don't get a cold from being wet, you get a cold from a virus, it's impossible to explain/convince this to my parents, so I just have to deal with it :/
My mom also believes that if I keep drinking protein smoothies that my stomach will reject real food later.
And my dad thinks that video games rot the mind.

I don't let my parents ground me, I argue with them until they shut the fuck up and i sit back down on the computer. Rarely have I been sent to my room, and that was for little things, like antagonizing my older sister by saying aviators looked dumb, and then singing Dumb to the tune of Carol of the Bells. She cried and I bounced, got a ride to Maine. I avoid punishment, because it's dumb.

Punishment for the right reasons is not dumb at all. It teaches someone to not do something or consequences will arise.
Punishment for saying Aviators looked dumb, however, is an example of parental stupidity.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I get sent to my room for 20 minutes or so. Doesn't teach me jack shit, since I just listen to music and text people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back