• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"You're Grounded"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Some kids get grounded and it's a typical normal life thing for them. They get their most precious privelages taken away, they have little entertainment. and they try to sneak on to the computer before someone catches them. Other kids rarely get groundings because there would sometimes be no such thing in their household. Apparently, I'm in the "Other" part. And I get one of those rare moments; getting grounded. Just because I overslept and missed the bus this morning so I couldn't get to school. My mom is away on a business trip, and my siblings don't want to drive me. My sister has no choice but to ground me as punishment. She took away the laptop, TV, and privelage that allows me to drink Coke (which in my family, I'm the most obsessed with). And because this doesn't happen to me often (actually, it's my first time), this is being a bitch to me now. And it's for a week too.

But what about you? Whenever you're grounded, is it worst or less (you bastard) than mine? And how do you cope with your most precious things taken away? You better give me answers because this week is going to be hell and boring for me. And I need some enterainment before I get caught by my sis that I sneaked onto the laptop. It's thank god that she likes to spend time in her room.

Discuss. (Maybe)

SiiNz

With Love
Website
www.youtube.com
Its actually less.
I never got grounded though, most of the time I got beat o.o LOL.

Well, when I did get grounded once, AWHILEE back, all I had to do was stay in my roon ._.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Getting beaten sounds better than getting grounded. The punishment's quicker...

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I was grounded throughout most of middle school, because I was lazy and didn't care about grades. My dad didn't think that me learning the material was enough, I had to complete all of the homework as well. My sixth-eighth grade average GPA was a 1.2, so my dad kept me 'grounded' until they went up to all A's and B's. Unfortunately for him, he never committed to enforcing his edict, so I was often able to have most of the privileges I normally would.

I managed to not fail so horribly in high school, so I wasn't grounded for grades any longer. However, we finally got DSL internet at the beginning of my Freshman year, which I took to quite well. I started spending several hours a day online, and my dad finally got fed up with it a few months ago. We got in an argument where he debated that I spent all of my time on the internet, forsaking other activities and any social interaction for it. I argued that the internet isn't just a waste like television, that I read for pleasure more then half of my school combined, and that I'd associated with a friend nearly every day within the past two weeks.

Of course, because he's my guardian, logic and reason don't necessarily matter in a debate, unless he believes it. So he continued his vendetta against the internet, claiming it would shatter my grades, ruin my friendships, and probably contribute greatly to global warming. I'm not allowed to use the internet as much as I would like- on the weekends. I'm not allowed any access to the internet during the school week, unless it's strictly for educational purposes. Luckily I managed to dredge up a second modem, to replace the one he takes with him when he leaves the house.

tl;dr: I used to be grounded for grades, and got around that. Now I'm grounded for excessive internet use, and I've gotten around that as well.

Last edited:

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
I hate getting grounded myself. When I get grounded, I don't get to get on the computer or the PS2, the two things I love most in this house, material wise. I cope by drawing anime, writing my story, listening to music, and hiding in my room to play the SNES that my parents forget is in my room all the time.

I hope you get off it soon, I feel for you.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
My parents never really grounded me. Most they use to do was take our gaming system and hide it. We would then just watch tv on our days off school. Never got really in trouble for grades though. Always was good in school so never worried.

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
Well.
When you can't sit down for a week, you'll be singing a different tune.

But my parents never ground me.
And I'm happy they don't, they're already strict anyways.

XxRebel_GirlxX

Whenever my parents do ground me I tell them I dont care and I hide my most prized possessions like my IPod and my cell phone so they wont find them. Usually they just don't let me use the computer but I use it anyway. I'm a very bad girl lol

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
Last time I was grounded was during the summer. No computers AT ALL. They were TAKEN AWAY. That means I couldn't get online, NOR could I type my fanfics. I hate writing them out. I had read all my manga 50 times. So I tried to work on my gaming. But I'm a forum addict. No, I'm a computer addict in general. After a week (I beat a game after 5 days and then resorted to annoying my bro for the other 2) I was rocking back and forth in a corner. A month. A month w/o computers. Never again....

Other than that, never been grounded, as in prevented from going out. I don't leave my house anyway.

I guess it depends on who's beating you, but, no, not true here...grounding is much more appealing.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
Never been grounded. :/

I honestly think they don't care what I do as long as I get grades over a B.

Malevolence

Raw Life
I have been grounded once in my life, that was for sneaking out of the house at 4 in the morning.
=/

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Grr, you guys suck. Why are all of you lucky and have less punishments than I do and I don't? So mean :(

Naryx15

I got grounded when I was 5 a few times and I had to go to bed at 3pm for like a month.
It sucked so bad but then I never got grounded ever again and I always got what I wanted xD
Of course if I go out to wild parties and get drunk and have sex I'd get grounded but that's not gonna happen xD

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
im rarely grounded(cuz im so lazy to get in trouble) but when i am grounded it sucks im sent to my room no tv, computer, music, phone just me in my room all alone
and to make thing even worst im home schooled so there not even that 8 hours of freedom
I barely get in trouble. It's just my grades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back