• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"You're Grounded"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

Silver Member
I never get grounded for grades I have held a 4.0 GPA since 5th grade. But I am always getting grounded for behavior things like telling people to fuck off at school, or hiding in a closet at church and sleeping. Me and my friends alwasy do stupid shit to like blow stuff up with fireworks. I just get a couple weeks with no friends, or just my game systems.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I think it's just a way for parents to avoid having to directly help their children through whatever tough time they're going. Bad parenting, from the way I just worded it.
We're really not all that different from dogs in a sense of training or rats with cheese.
Show your kids that bad choices will reap bad consequences, and they will be disinclined to do so.
Reward your kids when they do something good, and they will be inclined to do so.
Same as training a pet, interestingly.

However, bad consequences through punishment teach almost absolutely nothing if your kid can just sneak out to parties, get on the computer when you're not there, or find the things you took away from them. Get with the program, parents. Your kids will just do it again. If your kid doesn't mind groundings, then you're doing it wrong.

Grounding's great when it's effective, like in the Cosby Show. Quick to send to the room with no privileges, but also quick to lovingly say "How was your day, sweetie?" when you get home from school with no fun to be had. Lol.

Parents can't be omnipresent, but they can be omniscient. Cliff and Clair Huxtable always had tabs on their kids, what they were doing, and who they were with. They had 5 kids to tell on each other when they messed up, and neighbors and friends and a tight leash to always know what was going on in their family's daily lives. That's why their punishments were effective. That's why their kids were, although normal bratty teenagers, rather well-mannered, knowledgable, and respectable. You can't teach a dog that peeing on the carpet is bad if you only scold it while you're there, and let it pee all over everything while you're at work.

When it's like in Roseanne, however, obviously the punishments don't work.
If parents just plain don't care enough to be thorough with their kids and their lives, obviously their kids will find ways to escape everything and eventually not make their parents a part of their lives anymore..

tl;dr groundings work, most are just doing it wrong.

That sucks. Hard. Just like the Bible.
Oh shut up.

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
But what about you? Whenever you're grounded, is it worst or less (you bastard) than mine? And how do you cope with your most precious things taken away? You better give me answers because this week is going to be hell and boring for me. And I need some enterainment before I get caught by my sis that I sneaked onto the laptop. It's thank god that she likes to spend time in her room.

To be honest, I've never been grounded. When I get in trouble, my parents talk for hours and hours and all I can do is shut up and listen. but I'm sorry about your laptop and coke. :eek:

Nodxalt

Heh, whenever I get grounded, i have to stay OUTSIDE. I'm usually inside all the time, so when I get in trouble, I have to go outside instead of inside. Its boring since I live in apartments.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Heh, whenever I get grounded, i have to stay OUTSIDE. I'm usually inside all the time, so when I get in trouble, I have to go outside instead of inside. Its boring since I live in apartments.

Adaptive parenting at its best! See? When your kid likes being in his room all day, obviously it's not a good idea to ground him to his room.

It just occurred to me that there are no parents here, so I'll just stfu now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back