• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your Video Game Origins

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
My first video game system was the Sega. No joke. I would play Sonic and Barney on it. Yes, I mean the huggable purple dinosaur you'd all see on TV. I was like four years old when, I first started playing it. I was more into Sonic though. Kind of frustrating when the water levels would rise if you didn't get through the courses fast enough. [A console I usually forget about when, telling friends due to embarrassment or something, I guess. xD]

Over the years, I grew up on SNES, N64, ComCast, Gameboy Colored (Lost it in a plane on the way to Disney World,) PS1, PS2, Gameboy Advanced, Gameboy SP, DS, DSLite, PS3, PSP, Xbox (something my dad played more than me,) Xbox360 (Again, something my dad and siblings play more than me,) Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, and 3DS. Yes, that's a whole lot of systems and both of my parents were really into video games. I've been playing games for as long as I can remember. Its what helped me bond with both of my parents; solely my dad and kept me out of trouble.

I mostly stayed glued to my Gameboy Advanced. I poured countless hours into both Pokemon Red and Blue. Including Super Mario Bros. It was what kept me entertained throughout every road trip I've ever been on. Especially the long haul to Utah. I can't really say I favored any huge systems until I got older. If anyone were to argue on my behalf, they'd say it was either the PS2 or N64. I played them to my hearts content. All of my N64 games: Super Mario, Smash Bros, Legend of Zelda OoT, Mario Kart, Yoshi Island, Banjo-Kazooie and Mischief Makers. Mostly for the PS2 was JRPG's. I don't think I had any normal typical games on it. I'm pretty much both a Nintendo and Sony fan. I did love my PS1 though. I used to go to a childhood friend's house to play Crash Bandicoot or Croc or Spyro. [Actually, more like I watched him play it instead of the other way around.] So we'd help each other, whenever we were stuck somewhere in one of our games. I think I was more afraid of playing Croc for some odd reason. Likewise with Banjo-Kazooie. Now that I'm older, I can laugh about it now. I also loved Comcast. I played Sonic on it, including Soul Caliber and some truck/car game that you had to destroy the other vehicle first. And a marvel game too.

And come to think of it, a majority of these game consoles I got for Christmas too. You may think some of these consoles are collecting dust... WRONG! I have two younger siblings that play the Wii, the Xbox 360 and PS3 right now. Although, I've also sold most of my old Gameboy's through garage sales. Likewise with the Xbox. (At least, I think we sold it at some point.) However, I did regret selling two things. The DS and Super Smash Bros for Gamecube. [I made some bad decisions as a kid.] But we do switch out game consoles after awhile too. So, its not like we'd let them collect dust or anything like that. That and nobody would ever have the heart to throw them out either. (xD)

The only system I bought for myself with my own money was the 3DS. I got it last July. Took a lot of convincing from my friends and ended up getting KH3D after all. As for video games I bought: .Hack//G.U.vol.1/Rebirth, .Hack//G.U.vol.2/Reminisce, .Hack//G.U.vol.3/Rebirth, Birth by Sleep, KH3D, Full Metal Alchemist: Curse of the Crimson Elixir and maybe a few other game titles I can't currently remember.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I've been a PlayStation baby ever since I can remember. My earliest memories involved watching my Dad play Driver or Ape Escape (he was still in his early 20s when I was born), and after awhile Mom and Dad bought me Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. Dad and I passed many afternoons trying to get 100%, I usually would blaze through the story and he would tackle the extra "challenges". When the PS2 came out, that was all I wanted for my birthday that year, and I got Jak and Daxter and the Spiderman game for it, and the rest is kind of history. The first game I remember buying with my own money? I don't remember which was the first, but my most vivid memory is when I bought FFX-2, cause it was my first game in the FF series and the only reason I got it was because I was 2 dollars short to buy the first game.

I was also obsessed with Pokemon Crystal in my youth, I think I put 600 hours on that cartridge before I temporarily quit Pokemon and got into it again in 2009 at my best friend's behest.

Fast forward to now, when I have a PS2/3/4, PSP/Vita, Nintendo DS and 3DS, and a 360. Gaming's an integral part of my life cause I always appreciate a good story (why I tend to gravitate towards RPGs, but action games and FPSs are fun too) and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
My very first console type system was a Sony Playstation 2. My parents got one through Rent-A-Center (Great place, ours has really friendly staff) in about 2001. But my first system was a used Gameboy Advance and Lord of the Rings Return of the King.

The first game we had for that console was Insomniac Games' "Ratchet & Clank". Even my dad was majorly into it. To this day we enjoy the first two games. I am not to big on anything after Up Your Arsenal.

The first game I bought myself with my own money was Lego Lord of the Rings for NintendoDS. I had gotten some birthday money and I really wanted that game. I haven't beaten it yet, but I don't regret the purchase. It is a fun game.

I definitely prefer RPG's to other games. They're easier for me to play and I like to follow the stories and watch the character interactions.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
My first console was the the PS1. I remember playing Crash Banicoot when it came out. Those were the days. <3

The first game I bought with my own money was definitely Grandia 3. I remember i was so stoked to play it and when I did, I was not disappointed. Still to this day one of my favorite games of all time.

My preferred genre tends to switch from RPGS to Action-Adventure to sports games. It just depends on what I am in the mood for, but I usually tend to play Action-Adventure. Something about going around with mah friends and roaming the world just appeals to me to no end. <3

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
My first console was the the PS1. I remember playing Crash Banicoot when it came out. Those were the days. <3

We're together on that one~

The first game I bought with my own money was definitely Grandia 3. I remember i was so stoked to play it and when I did, I was not disappointed. Still to this day one of my favorite games of all time.

Dude, I could never, EVER freaking beat that game. Grandia 1&3 have both escaped me over the years, they are very hard RPG's. But man are they great, I will give them that.

BlueKey777

Banned
MY first time playing a video game was at my grandpa house. He had a NES that had the Mario and duck hunt game. I was really young so all i wanted to do was shoot the ducks so I hardly ever played Mario!

Sorry, I'll only tell you that I live in Kentucky~
My first video game would have to be the original Pokemon Blue. I was only like 3 and I would name all my Pokemon AAAAAAAAA. XD My uncle just decided to let me keep the game. I remember being so happy. It was after that that my mom bought me demo discs that had games like Parappa and stuff. Shortly after I discovered Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door.

BlueKey777

Banned
my first pokemon game was pokemon green which I still have to this day with almost every pokemon!! I killed articuno on accident...

BlueKey777

Banned
yeah i think i scratched up my screen trying to dig up all the rocks( looking for everstones to keep my pokemon from lvling up)!

BlueKey777

Banned
I had a few but I think I ruined those too. Im just not a very lucky person :)

nxtgarnett5

My video games really started when I went to my friends house to play a Star Wars game on his ps1. It was the most incredible thing eve. After that I convinced my family to buy me a Nintendo 64 Pokemon stadium bundle for Christmas. After that Ocarina of time stole my heart and my time away from my family. Favorite game of all time. That and Mario 64. So many games I love. Will treasure those games
forever. Oh and star fox 64. Classic

MegaCore5

Awards
My dad got me my first game station back in 2005 because of my good grades in school. I got a PlayStation 2 with a bundle of games to start with. I got Spongebob: Curse of the Flying Dutchman, Scooby-Doo Night of 100 Frights, and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
-What was your first console?

Even though I grew up with the N64, my first console was a PS2. I payed the shit out of that thing so much that one day my first PS2 just broke and I had to get a new one.

-First big console game?

It's a tie between Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and GTA: Vice City. Before I discovered KH, I played those two to death. But GTA was more of a social game.

-What about the first game you yourself actually BOUGHT? With your own money?

I'm pretty sure that was GTA 4.

-Did you prefer platforms, fighters, RPG's, racers...

I was more of an sandbox game type of player.

omnipresent

The first console I ever played was my friend's Super Nintendo. Unsurprisingly the game that logged the most hours was Super Mario World.
After that I got to experience some other consoles-PS1, N64, Sega Genesis-but the first console that I played that was mine personally was the PS2 (Maybe the reason I still prefer Playstation over Xbox? Idk, probably). I think the first game I had for it was a Scooby Doo and the Cyberchase that was actually a PS1 game.

This really brings back memories!

sonickenshin

Awards
My origins date back when I was a kid. My mom tells me I pretty much started with the Genesis with Sonic the Hedgehog. Though, the ones I remember first playing was Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back