• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your Video Game Origins

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaCore5

Awards
My origins date back when I was a kid. My mom tells me I pretty much started with the Genesis with Sonic the Hedgehog. Though, the ones I remember first playing was Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo.
Wow it's pretty cool to hear that your mom really pays attention to what video games you play! as for my mom she really don't take interest... Also I have loved to play a genisis! Was sonic the only game you had for it?

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Everyone has such amazing gaming origins!

All of these old games coming out for more current consoles just makes me so happy~ A lot of us can relive our childhoods now, and maybe share these games with future generations so that they'll never be lost!

KaiserAssassin

My first console ever was the original GameBoy when I was three years old, and I believe that my very first game was some Looney Toons side-scroller where you played as Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny. All I can remember of it is that I could never get past the second level but would just keep playing for hours (burnt through so many batteries). However, it did spark my love/addiction for gaming and soon after I began to properly game with Pokemon Red and Blue.

Though it was kind of difficult to play when I could barely read...but once I could, I had amassed a respectable collection of games (parents spoiled me in that regard) and was amazed by the fact that all the gibberish that everyone was saying had MEANING. The Pokemon Trading Card game for the GameBoy made so much more sense when I understood the tutorial.

As for the first game I ever bought with my own money, it was Left 4 Dead for the Xbox 360. I'd been saving for weeks in order to play with my friends who had bought the game as soon as it came out. However, by the time I got it they had all gotten bored of it, so yay...still was a fun game though and eventually I got it for the PC when I had access to a respectable computer.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
First game I EVER played was when I was 3 years old and my brother got the SNES. We had Super Mario Bros and Mortal Kombat. I didn't understand what was to be done, just to get Mario safely to the end of the stage and to beat all the opponents in the fight.

First Console I ever bought was PS3. With my own money. Other consoles and handheld ones were gifts.

Genre? I like everything. :3

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
My first video game system was the Sega. No joke. I would play Sonic and Barney on it. Yes, I mean the huggable purple dinosaur you'd all see on TV. I was like four years old when, I first started playing it. I was more into Sonic though. Kind of frustrating when the water levels would rise if you didn't get through the courses fast enough. [A console I usually forget about when, telling friends due to embarrassment or something, I guess. xD]

Over the years, I grew up on SNES, N64, ComCast, Gameboy Colored (Lost it in a plane on the way to Disney World,) PS1, PS2, Gameboy Advanced, Gameboy SP, DS, DSLite, PS3, PSP, Xbox (something my dad played more than me,) Xbox360 (Again, something my dad and siblings play more than me,) Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, and 3DS. Yes, that's a whole lot of systems and both of my parents were really into video games. I've been playing games for as long as I can remember. Its what helped me bond with both of my parents; solely my dad and kept me out of trouble.

I mostly stayed glued to my Gameboy Advanced. I poured countless hours into both Pokemon Red and Blue. Including Super Mario Bros. It was what kept me entertained throughout every road trip I've ever been on. Especially the long haul to Utah. I can't really say I favored any huge systems until I got older. If anyone were to argue on my behalf, they'd say it was either the PS2 or N64. I played them to my hearts content. All of my N64 games: Super Mario, Smash Bros, Legend of Zelda OoT, Mario Kart, Yoshi Island, Banjo-Kazooie and Mischief Makers. Mostly for the PS2 was JRPG's. I don't think I had any normal typical games on it. I'm pretty much both a Nintendo and Sony fan. I did love my PS1 though. I used to go to a childhood friend's house to play Crash Bandicoot or Croc or Spyro. [Actually, more like I watched him play it instead of the other way around.] So we'd help each other, whenever we were stuck somewhere in one of our games. I think I was more afraid of playing Croc for some odd reason. Likewise with Banjo-Kazooie. Now that I'm older, I can laugh about it now. I also loved Comcast. I played Sonic on it, including Soul Caliber and some truck/car game that you had to destroy the other vehicle first. And a marvel game too.

And come to think of it, a majority of these game consoles I got for Christmas too. You may think some of these consoles are collecting dust... WRONG! I have two younger siblings that play the Wii, the Xbox 360 and PS3 right now. Although, I've also sold most of my old Gameboy's through garage sales. Likewise with the Xbox. (At least, I think we sold it at some point.) However, I did regret selling two things. The DS and Super Smash Bros for Gamecube. [I made some bad decisions as a kid.] But we do switch out game consoles after awhile too. So, its not like we'd let them collect dust or anything like that. That and nobody would ever have the heart to throw them out either. (xD)

The only system I bought for myself with my own money was the 3DS. I got it last July. Took a lot of convincing from my friends and ended up getting KH3D after all. As for video games I bought: .Hack//G.U.vol.1/Rebirth, .Hack//G.U.vol.2/Reminisce, .Hack//G.U.vol.3/Rebirth, Birth by Sleep, KH3D, Full Metal Alchemist: Curse of the Crimson Elixir and maybe a few other game titles I can't currently remember.

Hell is wrong with Sega being your first system. Sega Genesis was my first too. It and Sonic 3.

Shasta

Awards
I was 3 years old when I first got into video games, the first console I had played was my older brother's Sega Genesis with Sonic the Hedgehog 3. I only ever completed Sonic the Hedgehog 3 around five years ago on my Gamecube version of Sonic Mega Collection because of that damned cylinder that anyone who has played the game would instantly know what I'm referring to.

The first console I ever owned was a Nintendo 64 which came with Super Mario 64..hue, I used to pretend my mom was the princess and I would collect stars to save her, I felt so accomplished when I beat it within a few months. Kind of embarrassing looking back on it though. I would also rent games from Blockbuster to play on my N64 and that introduced me to the Pokemon, F-Zero, and Megaman series. Megaman Legends was my favorite out of my rentals, lol. After my mom thought that my N64 had broken (it was the tv being set to another channel other than 3...) she threw it out and the only thing I had to play for a while was my Gameboy Color which I had gotten a few months after I got my N64. A few years later I had gotten a Gamecube with the Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition as a Hanukkah present. Sadly enough I never got a Memory Card for it till two years later when I asked some stranger for one in 6th grade xD, he's now my best friend and I've still never given it back to him lolololol. Sure made the Sonic Adventure series, Sonic Heroes and Super Smash Bros Melee a pain in the ass up until that time. I forgot to mention that I had gotten my Game Boy Advance with Sonic Advance from my mom like the next Hanukkah after I got my Gamecube, surprisingly enough it still works in great condition. After my Gamecube ran into a lens issue I had gotten a GBA SP with Megaman Battle Network 3! Sadly though my little brother gave it to my older cousin who proceeded to run off with it, and I've still to this day never beaten BN3.

Enough with the Nintendo Consoles though, after my SP was gone I had gotten a PS2 with Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 (for such a long time I wanted that game to be released on Gamecube so I could effing play it along with Budokai and Budokai 2). Also, while looking in Blockbuster I had stumbled across the first Kingdom Hearts and after the first time I rented it, some guy kept the disk for himself >:U so I had to settle for KH2 until I eventually bought the two and Re:CoM some years later. I've had a total of 3 PS2s lol, the original one dropped shortly after I dropped it, so I had to get another. The last one was a gift from a friend, that I recently gave to my best friend due to his original one malfunctioning. Coincidentally, not shortly after I did that did the other one I have drop from the top of my tv and now I can't turn it on due to the little power button being stuck. All of the PS2s I've owned have been slim models. I've owned a Wii and several PSPs that really aren't worth mentioning outside of buying Birth by Sleep on the PSP. In 2010 my dad bought me a PS3 as a Hanukkah gift and since then I've been a huge trophy whore. The only series of games I can say my PS3 introduced me to is Persona (classic ps2 titles), Blazblue and Call of Duty. There are other minor ones not really worth mentioning. Though, I will say my biggest waste of money was my purchase of Realm Reborn..I don't even buy subscriptions, so all it does is collect dust really.

The first console I have bought myself was a WiiU, and that was around a few months ago. Mario Kart 8 is honestly the most fun I've had in a racer in the last few years. Meeting new people and playing online is amazingly fun and makes me happy!

I have never owned a DS or any system in it's immediate family, as they all belonged to sisters and brothers. My little brother recently bought DDD at the end of last year and I've been mooching off that one save slot he has left. Still, he took my copy of Pokemon X and played the eff out of it, he's 3 Pokemon from completing the national dex, and he's just 11. I envy his dedication at times, lol.

Nov

Awards
I can't remember what was the first game that I ever played. When I was young I played a lot of games on PC, such as The Sims, Rollercoaster Tycoon and SimCity. I was able to play console games only at my cousin's where I got to play Crash Bandicoot, Jurassic Park etc. Probably my biggest childhood trauma is the fact that I never got to play original Spyro games...

Gameboy Color and Pokemon Gold were my first console and game that I got to buy with my own money and I played that game A LOT. I didn't have anyone to trade or battle with so I never completed the PokeDex. I just started the game from the beginning every time I finished the story. I was around 12 when my parents finally gave in and bought me and my sister a PS2 but we didn't have many games for it as we had to buy them ourselves.

I guess my gaming hobby really took off when I turned 18 and I was finally able to spend my money however I wished.

As a kid, I preferred RPGs, platformers and simulation games but nowadays I'm more into shooters and open world games, although I do play pretty much anything if I just find it interesting.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I remember I was about three years old when my cousins were visiting from out of state and brought their games with them. It was there that I first saw games such as Super Mario Bros on the NES.

Then my biological father passed away and my mother bought a Super Nintendo as a means to help me and my brother cope with the loss. We would while away the days playing the Super Mario All Stars Pack (which included Super Mario World), Aladdin, Illusion of Gaia, Super Mario RPG and other games. When we met the man that would come to be our stepfather, he also introduced us to the Zelda series with the first three Zelda games on NES and SNES and later Ocarina of Time on the N64. That same year, we got a Playstation though unfortunately, most of the games that we had on there weren't particularly good; I've been trying to remedy this by buying games such as Final Fantasies VII and IX. At around this time, I was also into PC gaming. Most of these were shovelware games such as a Tonka Toy game, but there were others that really stood out to me like the Myst series and Terminal Velocity (if you know what the latter is, you too, are old and remember the glorious days of MS DOS).

Although we have played on the old Game Boys, neither I nor my brother ever owned one. We would eventually get Game Boy Colors, then GBA's and DS's - still no 3DS though. :(

Later we would get the Nintendo GameCube and the Playstation 2, some of the best consoles to get released. After that, we would get the PS3, the XBOX 36o and the Wii in that order. I haven't gotten any consoles since then because I am unemployed and my parents don't buy me consoles anymore. The only things I have been able to buy since I began college were some games as well as a PSP to replace the old one I had that was broken.

Anyway, here's to hoping that this generation in gaming is a good one.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I was 4 to 5 years old. Heading towards my Grandmother's apartment. First thing I ran up to was at the TV on her living room front of the door. My big brother had a Super Nintendo connected to the TV and Super Mario World. I was mesmerized completely. My first ever game owned was Donkey Kong Country for that same Super Nintendo.

Then my parents for Christmas ended up getting me for my first console and that was the N64 with Mario Kart 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back