• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► X-Men: First Class

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Do you guys actually know anything about Havok or Cyclops or their family? It's way too ridiculous to be adapted into this film series. I'm disappointed they're freaking with sibling rivalry stories we could have seen but let's face it, Fox-verse Cyclops has been majorly freaked over. Despite the fact that he's arguably THE most important character in the X-Men universe he was pretty much relegated to a bitch role and then killed off.
It really doesn't matter what they do with the Summers family any more.

I always found it weird how people where still expecting Havok and Cyclops to be brothers here despite the huge age difference the two should have (while still not impossible though). I don't know how old Cyclops officially was in the movies, but he couldn't have been older than 40. This movie takes place in the 60s or more specifically, between 1961 and 1963.

Besides, this isn't even the worst thing they've done in this franchise. That would have to be explaining Wolverine's memory loss due to being shot by an adamantium bullet in the head.
I actually didn't mind that at all. Why does it upset people that much?

Last edited:

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Those trailers made me like Xavier even more.

This too, cause I hadn't been feeling him at all.

Feel like I may get attacked for saying this....but watching these makes me think that a TV series based on the young X-Men (like Evolution, but not animated) would maybe be a good look. What do you guys thi-*shot*

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Banshee's trailer was the most entertaining -- both in sequence and effects. Havok's hula hoops are too Wtf are they thinking? for my tastes.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Comes out soon now, looking good. Can't wait for it, seems like it'll be a fresher start after X3

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I'm really loving the camera work for this movie. Especially in the Beast trailer. It looks so fresh. <3 Looking forward to this one.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
what is the plot in this movie? like who is the villian? Is it Magneto? Are they ever going to plan on making a X-men 4?

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
what is the plot in this movie? like who is the villian? Is it Magneto? Are they ever going to plan on making a X-men 4?

Did you just ask if Magneto is the villain....he's one of the heroes in this one. This is based on when he and Xavier were partners at the head of the X-Men. Hence the name: First Class. Where you been at?

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Did you just ask if Magneto is the villain....he's one of the heroes in this one. This is based on when he and Xavier were partners at the head of the X-Men. Hence the name: First Class. Where you been at?

Well I didn't even knew this movie was in the works until about a few hours ago when they show'd a trailer on TV.

So who is the villian in this one then? Is there a site that will tell me everything that I need to know or no?

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I actually didn't mind that at all. Why does it upset people that much?
Because it's stupid. Adamantium doesn't bend or break, period. Even with an adamantium bullet. X2 set up a perfectly reasonable explanation the memory loss, as have the comics and Wolverine shat all over it.

Question...Scott and Alex aren't brothers for this film, but Alex's name is still Summers in the movie. Come on now -_-
I think instead of driving yourself crazy with speculation you should just wait for the movie. Maybe Havok is one of those older brothers by 10 years, or maybe they're just playing really loose with the continuity. If you're freaking out about shit like this, I'd hate to see what happens if you read the actual comics.

So who is the villian in this one then? Is there a site that will tell me everything that I need to know or no?
Sebastian Shaw and the Hellfire Club.

tbh, I'm not feeling it too good for this movie. I liked the X-Men when I was younger, but I've grown past that now. Whatever it was I did like about the X-Men is either long gone in the comics or hardly represented in media adaptations. So I've sort of moved on to other characters. I work at a cinema, so sure, I'll go see this movie eventually, but it probably won't be a Day One for me. Not like Thor was or Green Lantern and Captain America will be for me.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm not sure if I want to see this on day one or not. I definitely want to see it, I just don't know on how soon.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
The live action X-Men adaptations were never anything for me to get excited over. I think I only saw X2 in theaters (the only one I remotely enjoyed). I might have seen X3 in theaters too, but it was forgettable so I don't remember for sure. The rest, DVD rentals or TV. This one will probably have the same fate. I'll wait for DVD unless someone really wants to go see it with me and pays for me. I will also require a large Icy, candy, and popcorn, ha!

I really liked the x-men comics and different animated series growing up, but for some reason these live action flicks just don't do it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back