• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► X-Men: First Class

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Official X-Men Thread

No Scott or Jean, I just discovered; this is depressing. But it's X-Men, so hype, hype, hpe!

X-Men: First Class Plot Details - No Cyclops or Jean? - League of Comic Geeks
Emma Frost. <3
So is it the friendship between Xavier and Magneto when they were building the school?
I haven't looked at all of the different titles in a while but I remember Origins Magneto they wanted to be about when Magneto and Xavier meet.

EDIT: Well I checked my movie theatres website and the description for First Class is:

Silvercity said:
X-MEN FIRST CLASS charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and reveals a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world, and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Not archenemies, they were instead at first the closest of friends, working together with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.

Cast: James McAvoy, January Jones, Kevin Bacon, Michael Fassbender, Oliver Platt, Rose Byrne

I guess they mashed their previous concept for Origins Magneto and First Class together

Last edited:

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
And the official trailer:

[video=youtube;UrbHykKUfTM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrbHykKUfTM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm not digging James McAvoy as Prof. X but I really like the trailer.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Oh shit. Anybody else notice Hank McCoy transforming into the Beast (and doing a gigantic back flip at one piont)? I was skeptical, and I still don't care for Xavier's look, but I'm looking forward to this now.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Wow. This really looked good...

OH and Michael Fassbender really looks like he'll do a good job as Magneto. <333333333333

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I don't like James McAvoy as Xavier at all but I'm liking the guy who's playing Magneto.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Thankfully, I haven't seen any dumb comments like that from Bryan Singer. He just seems to be wanting to make a kick-ass X-Men movie. :)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Thankfully, I haven't seen any dumb comments like that from Bryan Singer. He just seems to be wanting to make a kick-ass X-Men movie. :)
Bryan Singer seems to have a fairly good idea about the fanbase. Especially compared to Vaughn, wtf.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Excuse my noobishness in Marvel (i'm a DC guy myself) who's the teleporter in the trailer? Is that Kurt's father, ya know, I forgot his name: The one who competed for the title of "Devil" or something, king of the demon lookin mutants (again excuse my ignorance). I just wanted to know who it was

edit: i doubt it's him though seeing how i wouldn't know what the hell he's doin in this movie :/...then again it could be lol

Last edited:

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Excuse my noobishness in Marvel (i'm a DC guy myself) who's the teleporter in the trailer? Is that Kurt's father, ya know, I forgot his name: The one who competed for the title of "Devil" or something, king of the demon lookin mutants (again excuse my ignorance). I just wanted to know who it was

edit: i doubt it's him though seeing how i wouldn't know what the hell he's doin in this movie :/...then again it could be lol

Yeah, that's Azazel, Nightcrawler's (Kurt) father.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I am so glad there are others who agree with me. But I hope he changes my mind when I watch the movie.
Me too. :/ Everything I've seen McAvoy in has never proven to me that he would suit this role... I REALLY hope he changes my mind.

Yeah, that's Azazel, Nightcrawler's (Kurt) father.
I'm so excited that he's in this. :D

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Only ones I've read are Ultimate X-Men, Phoenix Endsong and Phoenix Warsong.

Know any particularly good series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back