• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► X-Men: First Class

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Well you could read the X-Men: First Class comics by the great Jeff Parker even though the movie has nothing to do with it. The books in particular are outlined here - X-Men: First Class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then there's been the giant macro storyline that's engulfed the X-Books over the past few years. That would encompass Messiah Complex, Messiah War and Second Coming. There's also Divided We Stand, Manifest Destiny, and Utopia. And another book that might actually be related to the movie is Deadly Genesis.

The comics industry has been hit with declining sales for a long, long time and I was just thinking that if you guys really liked X-Men you might actually want to buy some X-Men books. It'd be better for you as fans to put money in Marvel's pocket instead of Fox's.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Anyone here read X-Men comics?
I was a fan of the cartoons.
But I would really love to get into the comic books, I just haven't because I'm not sure where a good place to jump in would be.
Do you have any suggestions?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Okay. :] Thanks, I'll see if I can find some of those on my next trip to the comic store.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
That would encompass Messiah Complex, Messiah War and Second Coming.

I've heard about these before and did consider reading them but went for the ones I mentioned before instead. I'll start supplementing my collection with them.

Thanks for the added recommendations. I'll be sure at least to check them out.

KingdomHearts530

I will be going to borders this week before it goes out of business and i will totally pick some xmen comics up

I really cant wait for this movie!!!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Ah thanks, I just somehow thought John Wraith was his father. I guess I'm wrong since I haven't really read much of the comics, but I'll look into it.
This guy's name is Azazel.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I guess I'm wrong since I haven't really read much of the comics, but I'll look into it.
No better time than to start now.

I've heard about these before and did consider reading them but went for the ones I mentioned before instead. I'll start supplementing my collection with them.

Thanks for the added recommendations. I'll be sure at least to check them out.
Yeah, don't bother with Ultimate X-Men. Seriously. What I've recommended is pretty much the main stuff that's involved the X-Men in past few years.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Do you guys actually know anything about Havok or Cyclops or their family? It's way too ridiculous to be adapted into this film series. I'm disappointed they're fucking with sibling rivalry stories we could have seen but let's face it, Fox-verse Cyclops has been majorly fucked over. Despite the fact that he's arguably THE most important character in the X-Men universe he was pretty much relegated to a bitch role and then killed off.

It really doesn't matter what they do with the Summers family any more.

Besides, this isn't even the worst thing they've done in this franchise. That would have to be explaining Wolverine's memory loss due to being shot by an adamantium bullet in the head.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Do you guys actually know anything about Havok or Cyclops or their family? It's way too ridiculous to be adapted into this film series. I'm disappointed they're fucking with sibling rivalry stories we could have seen but let's face it, Fox-verse Cyclops has been majorly fucked over. Despite the fact that he's arguably THE most important character in the X-Men universe he was pretty much relegated to a bitch role and then killed off.

This is very true. I was utterly shocked to hear that Cyclops died early on in X-Men 3, so I didn't even see it in theaters, regardless of preferring Wolverine. I knew very well that Cyclops was an important character, and even by word of mouth, that felt like a huge fuck-up in the movie.

Just hope that they at least do justice to Havoc as a character and ignore the change in family positions...

Besides, this isn't even the worst thing they've done in this franchise. That would have to be explaining Wolverine's memory loss due to being shot by an adamantium bullet in the head.

This is also incredibly true.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Do you guys actually know anything about Havok or Cyclops or their family? It's way too ridiculous to be adapted into this film series. I'm disappointed they're freaking with sibling rivalry stories we could have seen but let's face it, Fox-verse Cyclops has been majorly freaked over. Despite the fact that he's arguably THE most important character in the X-Men universe he was pretty much relegated to a bitch role and then killed off.

I was sadly happy when he died because I HATED movie adaption Cyclops. But I loved the rivalry between Havoc and Cyclops so this kills me a lot.

Lol, yeah that was pretty bad.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
You really cannot expect things to be cannon in the X-Men films. Just hope they make a decent action film at least.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I knew they fucked Cyclops over in the movies...but making Havoc his father? Ah well...they fucked sh!t up before haven't they? Just like, as stated, Wolverine's head shot amnesia trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back