• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Doesn't Riku Have His Own Game Yet?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winterborn

he is an important character and will be important in kh3d but sora is still the main character. he will never get a game on his own, also he had his time in CoM.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
riku had his own scenarion in reverse rebrth half of kingdom hearts rechanin of memeories

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
he is an important character and will be important in kh3d but sora is still the main character. he will never get a game on his own, also he had his time in CoM.
The fact that Nomura has actually said that he -wants- to make a game with Riku as the lead, makes it pretty likely that it will happen eventually.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
i dont like what they did with riku. he looks retarted. i like his kh1 look better
Yeah, he was way better designed in KH 1

and I think he will get a game adventually but now we already have enough sidegames betwen KH 1 and 2 so we have to wait (I hope he change clothes again)

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
If he had his own game, there wouldn't be much told that we don't already know.

Zyrax

It was stated in the DSR by Nomura, that there are still untold stories in the KH-seriess:

The period of the King's absence (Kingdom Hearts coded)

Roxas's time with the Organization (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)

Xehanort's past (Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep)

The fourth untold story is "the period of Riku's absence" and since the other three ones has an game for their own, it is pretty plausible that there will be one game for Riku, too. But i don't know, either, which part of his story could be untold to us.

It would make more sense to me, to have a game (or something like a film or several flashbacks in further games) which takes place between BBs and KH I or between BBS (Master Xehanort and Master Eraqus, or the Keyblade War).

Well, let's see, how Nomura will surprise us ^^

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I was hoping that Nomura wouldn't go down the "Give The Anti Hero A Game" path. It usually leads you off a cliff.

Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png

I see your point.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
It was stated in the DSR by Nomura, that there are still untold stories in the KH-seriess:

The period of the King's absence (Kingdom Hearts coded)

Roxas's time with the Organization (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)

Xehanort's past (Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep)

The fourth untold story is "the period of Riku's absence" and since the other three ones has an game for their own, it is pretty plausible that there will be one game for Riku, too. But i don't know, either, which part of his story could be untold to us.

It would make more sense to me, to have a game (or something like a film or several flashbacks in further games) which takes place between BBs and KH I or between BBS (Master Xehanort and Master Eraqus, or the Keyblade War).

Well, let's see, how Nomura will surprise us ^^

Coded does not at all focus of Mickey's absence. Coded is about the events after all the characters go home in KH2 until what led Mickey to write the letter to SRK at the end of KH2.

BBS is not about Xehanort's (I assume you are talking of the Apprentice) past. It's about TAV and how they connect to Sora. XtA's creation is only mentioned at the end of Terra's scenario and in the Secret Ending

Day's did tell about Roxas' time in the Organization, but it also did much more. It connects to KH3D (as does Coded; stated by Nomura), and brings up Xion so that when she is brought up in the future it will make sense and not totally random.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Well, I count Reverse/Rebirth as his own game, even though it's within Chain of Memories. Why? Because Riku and Sora never interact in each of their respective sides of that story. Riku fights enemies that Sora never sees, and Sora fights enemies that Riku never sees. Those two things give me enough reason to count Reverse/Rebirth and Chain of Memories different games, unlike Birth by Sleep's three-person scenario, since one person's scenario drove the beginning of the other two's.

But I would like Riku to have more of a spotlight. I recognize that the Xehanort Saga is nearly over, so obviously, I don't think Riku should really get his own game. KH3 is Sora's, as we can expect, but a side game could be used for Riku, similarly to how one was used for Roxas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back