• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why do so many people hate Hope? Spoilers just in case

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Anyways, what I'm getting at is I'm not suprised a lot of people thought she was British, as the area has that kind of accent, but sometimes the British was too strong(I know I get more of a British accent when I'm angry though, so it's probably something like that) and the American accent she sometimes slipped into really bugged me, as I knew her voice actor was Australian, and that she obviously wasn't supposed to have one.

In conculsion, I'm mainly being nit-picky over her accent because I'm Australian, and grew up in the region where the accent she used was from XD

Ahhh. Well I'm Tassie-gone-Central-Queensland, so my exposure to the south-eastern accent is mainly tv as I said. I didn't think her accent would have sounded out of place if I had seen her on tv in an Australian show, anyway.

As for the American that slips in, I think heaps of people do that these days in everyday conversation. It's simply a way of accentuating certain words, now. Like, I caught myself saying 'shower' instead of 'shaowaa' just because I was being kind of light-hearted as I said it. I don't really know how to explain it ^^;

Wheels

Ahhh. Well I'm Tassie-gone-Central-Queensland, so my exposure to the south-eastern accent is mainly tv as I said. I didn't think her accent would have sounded out of place if I had seen her on tv in an Australian show, anyway.

As for the American that slips in, I think heaps of people do that these days in everyday conversation. It's simply a way of accentuating certain words, now. Like, I caught myself saying 'shower' instead of 'shaowaa' just because I was being kind of light-hearted as I said it. I don't really know how to explain it ^^;

Haha, and I'm Canberra-gone-Tassie XD Yeah, I understand what you mean ^_^ It's just me being oversensitive, I think after listening to it for almost all my life XD I was just "BUT SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE AUSTRALIAN Q_Q" when she slipped into the American accent XD Although it's understanable, now that I think about it, I mean, the Australian accent is dying.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Hope is a great character. i like him alot.....but i trully detest vanille
I don't like Hope at all but Vanille is my favorite

for the rest of the gang, I didn't feel much at all. Fang was good and Sazh had his funny moments, Snow was pretty good but somehow everyone just felt boring most of the time exept Vanille

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I don't like Hope at all but Vanille is my favorite

for the rest of the gang, I didn't feel much at all. Fang was good and Sazh had his funny moments, Snow was pretty good but somehow everyone just felt boring most of the time exept Vanille
lolno. His constant "SERAH!!!!!!" "Serah saved us!!!" "Serah ALIVE!!!" "SERAH!!!!" "I'm a hero!!!!!" "Heroes don't need a brain because were heroes!!!" -_- It was sickening. He was far more annoying than I could have imagined.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I like the cast a lot (except Snow) Lightning=badass, Snow=douche, Sazh=needs frocobo, Hope=normal, Vanille=happy old lady, Fang=awesome.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I didn't actually mind Snow or Vanille...

As far as Hope's concerned, I absolutely loved him! He was way more realistic than a lot of other characters, and he was also a cute little emomuffin... for a while.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I actually liked everybody on FF13. Hope was the typical little bitch of the group, once you play enough RPGs you start to see a pattern of them. I just learn to deal with them.

Also, his voice was the kid from Everybody Hates Chris, that's a plus in my book xD

Z

Zulkir

yeah seriously snow is more annoying than hope and vanille combined lol

Hope: So what happens now?

Snow: PROTECT COCOON!

Hope: But we already did, we're living on pulse now, so what should we do first? See if we can bring any food supplies from Cocoon down here?

Hope: We just "did" save cocoon, what do we do "after" that!

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Hope was awesome! A big thing in a game for me is character development, and a character's interactions with the rest of the group. Hope showed the most of both of these out of everyone throughout the game. As stated by many already, he was the most realistic, which allows someone to feel a connection to a character. Battlewise, at first I was like "Oh no, are you serious, a fucking boomerang?" But that didn't matter once I progressed further and saw he really shined in the magic area. After making him my party leader for a while (during my experimental phase of finding who I liked best where in the party), I found that I personally had an easier time getting through battles and taking care of the party.

As for the other party members:
Lightning, the party's badass!
Snow- the cliche hero (although I dont have a huge problem with him like alot of people do, I like Snow, but you'll find him in alot of games)
Vanille- Well battlewise, the typical healer mage you find in every rpg. In the story, although she has her serious moments, I find her to fill as a sort of comic relief alot. I have a disliking for her.
Sazh- One of my two least used characters, I dont like his fighting style or his summon, so I wont have any of that. I almost want to call him a comic relief although he does have a very serious story and I dont find him as bad as Vanille.
Fang- Bless her heart, my least used character of all. Came in a little late in the story, considering you get everyone else at the beginning, and she wasn't very interesting. I have never used her if I wasn't forced to except once to look at her eidolon (which disappointed me, one of the worst Bahamuts yet. My favorite so far was FFX's). I know from looking at her crystarium shes is physically my strongest, but I simply cant force myself to care.

HiByeYou987

Once I got to the woods with Lightning and Hope by the end(of the area) he was my 3rd favorite character.

1. Sazh- He has the saddest of any one in the game and his personality was great

2. Lightning- Two words: she is badass. (also a bit of a bitch in the beginning)

3. Hope- great story development and the most realistic

4. Fang- Dragoon 'nuff said

5. Vanille- too cheery with suppressed dark secrets

6. Snow- always hated the hero and I'm 99.9% sure at least half of his lines had either SAVE COCOON or SEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in it

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hope: But we already did, we're living on pulse now, so what should we do first? See if we can bring any food supplies from Cocoon down here?

Ugh seriously. I didn't even get that far into the game and Snow was already starting to annoy me. But I did feel for the guy.

I personally hated Vanille the most. She would have been alright if her va didn't have such a horrible fake Aussie accent.

It wasn't fake ^^;

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

Snow: HERO SANJOUUU!

fix'd

Even if Snow was a goofball I thought he was an alright character. He definitely has moments of crisis just like all the others.

zachen

Awards
Hope was honestly by far one of my favorite characters in the game. Not to mention he had the must human reaction to the events in the game.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
If anyone in the series is emo, it ought to be Vivi, no? I thought Hope was a decent character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back