• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why do so many people hate Hope? Spoilers just in case

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

fantasy08

I actually grew to like Snow and Vanille lol. Which is saying a lot because I loathed them before I got the game. Just watching the trailers, and seeing the screenshots was enough to tell me what kind of characters they were going to be. A screaming stereotype of the hero archtype for Snow, and a annoying yuffie,selphie, riku clone high off ritalin for Vanille. However, once I got the game by chapter four they were growing on me, and about chapter seven for Snow and eight for Vanille I genuinely liked them. They also got wobbie points in those chapters, and even before that I liked their interactions with the rest of the cast. They worked well off them. It's all about execution for me.

They both still had some annoying things about them though. Snow's constant crap about serah, protect, and hero as well as that stupid fist pump he does got on my nerves. Vanille's ultra stereotypical girly walk and general hyperness got annoying to,but both do dramatic scenes well. Also like I said their interactions with the others made their annoying habits bearable. I will never call myself a fan,but I certainly don't dislike them anymore.

All in all I liked the entire cast. First FF I ever played that this has happened. FF12's cast came close,but I disliked Fran.
Light-love her. Jerkass wobbie to cool bis sis whose general badassness never waived.
Sazh- most realistic character next to Hope. Enjoyed him.
Hope- already said my piece on him. I just adore the boy.
Fang- Loved her fiery,but playful personality.
Snow- grew to like him despite his annoying habits.
Vanille- same as snow.

The ending in general for all of them was so bittersweet to me. How many heroes destroy the world seriously. Now their stuck on a wild, crazed pulse. Xanatos suckers indeed. Then there's Vanille and Fang's ending." Now we live on, to greet a new dawn.:( Talk about a fate worst then death....Here's hoping if there's a FF13-2 it won't get screwed the hell up. I like that it ended bittersweetly. Made me appreciate the general story and their sacrifice more deeply. Spits on FFX-2.

Last edited:

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
It destroys all relatability to the character and i like but not as much as all other characters but Snow

it's actually very realistic. people often create a cheerful and happy-go-lucky attitude to suppress their secrets.

so to me vanille and hope are the most realistic and likeable characters. sazh too i guess, but he hasn't really been brought up in this thread.

I personally hated Vanille the most. She would have been alright if her va didn't have such a horrible fake Aussie accent.

uhhhh her va is australian.

fix'd

Even if Snow was a goofball I thought he was an alright character. He definitely has moments of crisis just like all the others.

agreed. as annoying as snow was he does have redeeming qualities. plus his scenes with hope in chapter 7 were quite good so as the game progressed, my dislike for him diminished.

in fact the only character i didn't much care for [story-wise] in the end was fang. wasn't necessarily a bad character, but to me she was just kinda boring.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
All though I'm only on chapter 6, my thoughts on Hope thus far are fine. I mean, okay, I cringe a little every time he's like OPERATION NORA but whatever, his mum is dead and he thinks Snow's responsible so obviously he has some issues. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with what he's doing and I have to say that if you do, you're a bit of a crap person. :/

Actually, I like ALL of the characters thus far. Don't know too much about Fang or Cid but they seem all right.

I LOVE SAZH AND VANILLE AAAHHHHH

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
speaking of lighting what is her real name? I know they say in the game but I could never understand it, or always forget it.

Also I love Hope he's probably the best character in the game.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
Claire Farron

or as how i like to call her
Ekurēru Faron

she likes it when i call her that

SEMTEX

I'm not a fan of any of the characters, especially not Hope. FFXIII's cast was so boring and sleezy I couldn't help but wonder if the team was even trying. The game was fun as heck, but story-wise, no way Jose.

Which is disappointing because we won't be seeing a good Final Fantasy for years, a time when I'll already be an adult! (FFXIV doesn't count, it's a stupid MMO) But hey! That's Life!

Allister Rose

French Lover
i really like hope. he's a kid depressed but not for the wrong reasons and he gross up throughout the story

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I'm not a fan of any of the characters, especially not Hope. FFXIII's cast was so boring and sleezy I couldn't help but wonder if the team was even trying. The game was fun as heck, but story-wise, no way Jose.

Which is disappointing because we won't be seeing a good Final Fantasy for years, a time when I'll already be an adult! (FFXIV doesn't count, it's a stupid MMO) But hey! That's Life!

I actually quite liked Lightning. Sure she's just another cliche, depressed Square protagonist just in a female body, but she still is pretty badass. I also didn't mind Hope all that much; never liked him, but never went as far as to hate him either.

It's the rest of the cast that fell short of expectations. Vanille's banshee cries still ring in my ears now even after months of not having played it.

But, yes, as a whole, this was a pretty weak FF cast, especially when compared to the characters of FFX. Now that was a Final Fantasy.

Worry not though, Versus XIII is coming out soon enough...hopefully. And from what little I've seen of it, it seems to be something to look forward to!

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Well, I'd rather have a depressed hero or heroine reacting realistically to their situation then a character that is what they are for the sake of whatever the plot needs them to be at a certain time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back