• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► UPDATE: Nomura Interview in Famitsu - Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.5 Detailed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
That still dont help if it's still just "press triangle".

Yeah, hopefully this won't be the case. I wonder if throwing some magic into the mix would help?

And this Attraction Flow is just as optional as Flowmotion, right? As of now I still can't see how one could possibly beat the Rock Titan without getting on board the train. That thing is so freaking huge, way more than he was in KH1.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Yeah, hopefully this won't be the case. I wonder if throwing some magic into the mix would help?

And this Attraction Flow is just as optional as Flowmotion, right? As of now I still can't see how one could possibly beat the Rock Titan without getting on board the train. That thing is so freaking huge, way more than he was in KH1.

Nobody knows yet, all we know is it's called attraction motion anything else is unknown.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Nomura Interview in Famitsu - Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.5 Detailed!

I wonder if, the Keyblade transformations will be optional or not? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a transforming Keyblade. 8D

As for the envolved flowmotion, I hope we don't have to button mash to change the attack moves we use on enemies.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I wonder if, the Keyblade transformations will be optional or not? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a transforming Keyblade. 8D

As for the envolved flowmotion, I hope we don't have to button mash to change the attack moves we use on enemies.
I'd say their optional, they seemed themed like command styles almost.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I'd say their optional, they seemed themed like command styles almost.

From what we've seen, yeah, I believe they are. I think you'd be overpowered if you were able to finish every single combo with a transformation even under normal circumstances.

Gram

Banned
Awards

From what we've seen, yeah, I believe they are. I think you'd be overpowered if you were able to finish every single combo with a transformation even under normal circumstances.

lol It'd be the drive forms all over again.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Attraction Flow. It sounds cute. Attraction Flow. I hope there is still Flowmotion, though. I totally bet Nomura and Yasue figured this out while joking around. then realized it might be a good idea.

Yeah, hope Flowmotion isn't going anywhere. Having a hard time to imagine how "Attraction Flow" exactly works, though. We'll just have to wait and see ~

I dig the Keyblade Transformations a lot!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I just don't like the idea of the control being taken away from the player again. BBS and DDD have been so enjoyably challenging and let you control almost every action you performed. The return of QTE (more like Slow Time Event if we're talking PRESS TRIANGLE)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I just don't like the idea of the control being taken away from the player again. BBS and DDD have been so enjoyably challenging and let you control almost every action you performed. The return of QTE (more like Slow Time Event if we're talking PRESS TRIANGLE)
We don't even know how it properly works yet so quit your bitching and wait to see if it is actually QTE instead of getting angry over assumptions.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I'm quite curious, if Attraction Flow ends up being usable anywhere in battle, does that mean all battle areas will be big as crap lol? I mean, some of those attractions sure aren't small :p

Yeah, hope Flowmotion isn't going anywhere.

The problem I have with flowmotion is that it virtually eliminates any hope of the game having platforming considering with Flowmotion, getting anywhere is simple as keep leaping upwards against the wall :(

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I'm quite curious, if Attraction Flow ends up being usable anywhere in battle, does that mean all battle areas will be big as crap lol? I mean, some of those attractions sure aren't small :p

Quite possibly, just look at the space in which they fought the Rock Titan, haha. But probably not everything will be made that humongous... the Pirate Ship I think doesn't need that much space since despite its size, from what we've seen thus far, it seems to only rotate around a point.

But surely Sora can't possibly use the train in cramped spaces? XD

Launchpad

Awards

Quite possibly, just look at the space in which they fought the Rock Titan, haha. But probably not everything will be made that humongous... the Pirate Ship I think doesn't need that much space since despite its size, from what we've seen thus far, it seems to only rotate around a point.

But surely Sora can't possibly use the train in cramped spaces? XD

Maybe the train will explode if it hits a wall, so it's a use-at-your-own-risk kind of deal? I think all those crazy camera angles were more tech-demo related than gameplay related.. So there's a chance that you'll more closely control the train, and deciding when to hop off and attack is a matter of strategy and risk, obviously having the Rock Titan battle make use of a large, open area.

kupo1121

Awards

But even that pirate ship was, when you think about it, pretty darn small. I mean think about the Gizmo Shop in KH1 and the cramped hallways of the West Wing in Beast's Castle in KH2, I don't think the Pirate Ship would ideally fit in either of those places so if it were a summon-esque kind of thing, every room that you could fight in would have to be fairly large I believe o_O

Loxdani

I guess I'm the only not that thrilled about the new attraction inspired attacks. I feel like it's something I have to force myself to use and end up not using b/c it's quicker to just button smash like the summons.

ICECOOL113

I guess I'm the only not that thrilled about the new attraction inspired attacks. I feel like it's something I have to force myself to use and end up not using b/c it's quicker to just button smash like the summons.

Yeah I get what you mean. The idea is ok-ish but I some how get this huge feeling that this game is just a huge commerical for the wonderful world of Disney if you know what I mean. It screams to kids, "hey come to Disney World and ride the rides you see in this game" which =$$ for Disney

kupo1121

Awards

Oh no! I agree. When I first saw them I was really hoping that they were like world-specific, maybe like a Disneyland that was part of the Disney World (Disney Castle + Disney Town) so that using them would be situational and they could be significant. However, given what we have heard and seen of them, they look like they'll end up being like the skateboard and other summons. I can see the train being useful for big bosses and such, but other ones like the Pirate Ship, I don't see how that would be extremely important. We haven't seen much of them yet though so let's just wait and see ^_^

Launchpad

Awards
Yeah I get what you mean. The idea is ok-ish but I some how get this huge feeling that this game is just a huge commerical for the wonderful world of Disney if you know what I mean. It screams to kids, "hey come to Disney World and ride the rides you see in this game" which =$$ for Disney

By that logic, why have anything Disney in the games? Should there not be a Sephiroth battle in KH1 because it's just Square stealth marketing Final Fantasy VII?

kdude17

Kind of like summons in KH2. I agree, I like the idea I just don't see myself using it very often. But we hardly know any details so I guess it's too soon to say.

Loxdani

I hope the development of the game makes it so that these new moves become more integrated with the gameplay without being tedious, not only in boss battle (which I actually like the coaster attack on the Rock Titan. better then hacking at his feet then jumping and slashing at his head... get it hack and slash).

To be honest what I hated using summons in the KH Series were the animations done to call the summons. The first time is fine after that it is just tedious to watch and made me not want to use the summons. If they could do the same for summon as they did for the drive, where there is a flash and it's on, summons would be more appealing to use to me at least.

I don't read japanese so I don't know the commands that appeared in the video during the attraction flow attacks but i hope that you can control how long you use the attack. I don't want to have killed off a group of heartless and still have to spin a gazillion time on a ship just to run through the animation. I hate pointless animation. I have better things to do with my time.

By that logic, why have anything Disney in the games? Should there not be a Sephiroth battle in KH1 because it's just Square stealth marketing Final Fantasy VII?
At least the SE marketing were interactive and done tastefully (a battle or characters guiding you). Kingdom Hearts screams Disney from beginning to end and now advertising the rides on the theme parks in the game to me is overkill. I much rather just stick to the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back