• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► UPDATE: Nomura Interview in Famitsu - Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.5 Detailed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Re: Nomura Interview in Famitsu - Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.5 Detailed!

Please let me have Sora make his keyblade into a chainsaw...PPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAASSSSEEEE!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Please let me have Sora make his keyblade into a chainsaw...PPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAASSSSEEEE!

I know right? that would be a great way to bring back the original weapon. I wouldnt be surprised if the chainblade made it into kh3

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

And here I was just thinking that news has pretty much dried up since D23. I should have that thought more often.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Unexpected news is... unexpected. And with 1.5 out, I'm guessing that the bar has been raised in terms of standards and expectations for 2.5. Can't we all just be happy that we got an HD remastered version of 3 games all crammed into one disc, on one platform and not complain?

Well, to have a truly satisfying and enjoyable playthrough, it's good if the games can be gone through in the most flawless manner. While some graphical issues like blurred action scenes can be let slide so long as they're not that bad, glitches in the game can adversely affect the players' experience.

There have been reports of glitches in 1.5 and some of them are quite bad (such as the game refusing to load at a certain point, or completely missing audio), so it's just natural that we don't want them to happen again, right? I have faith in the developers that they will learn from 1.5 and work hard to prevent the same issues from happening again in 2.5.

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I have a feeling the "Disneyland attractions are an evolution of flowmotion" is a mis-translation because that does not sound right at all. Maybe he's saying that the Disneyland attractions can have flowmotion-like abilities performed when using them? I dunno, but as it is written does not sound correct at all.

"the Keyblade changes differently depending which Keyblade is equipped."

This is what has me excited the most. If it's what I'm thinking it is, then this should make Keyblade selection much more interesting because now it's not just "which one has more strength, which one has more magic," it's "which keyblade has a certain ability I want/need in a fight against these enemies."

glitches in general

You're asking an impossible request. No video game can ever come without glitches.

Apart from that, I pretty much agree with you. Although, I actually think the KH1 camera is fine as it is with KH1.5 HD Remix. I had literally no problem with it whatsoever, so I don't understand what the complaint is.

But I totally agree with you on the Re:Coded bit. And while this is a tiny thing they could do, I would LOVE it if they gave TAV capes when they turn into their armor form. That would be sweet.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I have a feeling the "Disneyland attractions are an evolution of flowmotion" is a mis-translation because that does not sound right at all.
Multiple translations state that the attractions are an evolution of flowmotion however there is always room for things to change in development. We'll get our translator to check over this.

rockram198

Website
www.facebook.com

He very likely will be able to. It'd be a shame if every single Keyblade can only transform into a gun. I'd like to see a Whipblade, because we haven't seen a single whip in the game. XD

Haha yeah you're right! Unless you count Selphie's skipping rope from Destiny Islands as a whip xD

I'm not quite sure what they'll do with this "transforming keyblade" thing but I hope they don't alter it's form too much. Call me a traditionalist but I like the Keyblade as a weapon that at least partially resembles a "blade" which is exactly the way it is..

billyzanesucks

I called keyblade transformations that depend on your keychain way back, so I'm pretty excited about this. It's one of the biggest additions I'd hoped for.

The comparison between attractions and Flowmotion takes me by surprise. Perhaps the attractions will be more interactive and fluid than they first appear. Also interesting how the attractions constitute two different abilities. Maybe there will be both low-scale, interactive attractions and high-scale scripted attractions.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Sora is going to channel major Lingering Sentiment in this game. I think we all figured this would happen from the trailer but it's really nice to get confirmation on it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Sora is going to channel major Lingering Sentiment in this game. I think we all figured this would happen from the trailer but it's really nice to get confirmation on it.

what does the lingering sentiment have to do with sora and his new abilities?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

what does the lingering sentiment have to do with sora and his new abilities?
Taochan was just saying that Sora will be able to use a variety of attacks where the Keyblade changes shape fluidly, like the Lingering Sentiment.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Disney attractions being an "evolved form of Flowmotion" doesn't sound right. Being an evolved form of Reality Shift is more appropriate.

As for getting the chainsaw back, I can see that happening. It would look like the blade has gumdrops or something not serious or realistic

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Disney attractions being an "evolved form of Flowmotion" doesn't sound right. Being an evolved form of Reality Shift is more appropriate.
There are multiple translations that state it's an evolved form of Flowmotion. If you are hoping he actually said something different, wait for the full interview.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

It's kind of hard to confuse "evolved form of Flowmotion" with "evolved form of Reality Shift" even in Japanese. Nomura would likely refer to those two concepts as "Flowmotion" and "Reality Shift" albeit in their Japanese transliterations (フローモション furōmoshon for Flowmotion and リアリティーシフト riaritī shifuto for Reality Shift, not that much different), so there was most likely no confusion there.

As for getting the chainsaw back, I can see that happening. It would look like the blade has gumdrops or something not serious or realistic

It'd be sweet if we get to see Chainsawblade, because that's what the Keyblade was supposed to be, isn't it? I wonder what kind of joke weapons the developers would pull off this time, and what their transformations are...

EDIT: It seems that Flowmotion is actually Freeflow Action in Japanese, but still, it's distinct enough to not be confused with RS.

Last edited:

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com

He very likely will be able to. It'd be a shame if every single Keyblade can only transform into a gun. I'd like to see a Whipblade, because we haven't seen a single whip in the game. XD
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I think the whole Flowmotion stuff is viable, remotely though, because Sora uses it and it has a timed limit as does Flowmotion. This seems like its grabbing at straws but I think that was what Nomura was getting at, that its a similar system to Flowmotion RATHER than being a direct evolution of Flowmotion.

I'm all for Keyblade transformations, as long as I get to voluntarily choose when I want to change, a la Command Styles in BBS.

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Vəntus;6092118 said:

Never occurred to me that the click-click-clicking weapon he used was actually a whip. @_@

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Young Xehanort also uses a whip-Keyblade in his battle against Riku in DDD. :p

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Young Xehanort also uses a whip-Keyblade in his battle against Riku in DDD. :p

Must've been too busy dodging it I hardly noticed. I thought it was just Shotlock-like projectiles just like what Anti Black Coat did as one of his attacks. XD

Now I can't think of anything that's unique for Sora's Keyblade to transform to, since the old Organization members seem to have hogged all kinds of conventional weapons. Even a non-conventional one, a freaking encyclopaedia.

Scary Jeff

Part of me thinks that Nomura mixed up Flowmotion and Reality Shift. Both are features from 3D and it just makes so much more sense to me when lookking at the trailer. But I am not sure he would do such a thing.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Part of me thinks that Nomura mixed up Flowmotion and Reality Shift. Both are features from 3D and it just makes so much more sense to me when lookking at the trailer. But I am not sure he would do such a thing.

The information will probably be clearer when the full interview/scans surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back