• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► UPDATE: Nomura Interview in Famitsu - Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.5 Detailed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Nomura Interview in Famitsu - Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.5 Detailed!

I wonder what goes through Yasue's head when Nomura pitches a new game concept to him. After KH3D, it seemed like he was just so done lol

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I love the sound of it, Attraction Flow (although I'm quite sure it'd get a different name in the English version). And I'm interested in this enemy outbreak that he mentioned... would it be something similar to the swarm of Shadows in the first trailer, or am I overlooking something that's been shown in the trailers?

Either way, I'm excited~

Told ya there wasn't any confusion between Flowmotion and Reality Shift.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards

Attraction Flow is an evolution of Kingdom Hearts 3D’s Flowmotion. With Attraction Flow, you can choose which move you want to use against which enemies on the spot, and even during an enemy outbreak you control Sora’s attacks. These new actions are just a fraction of Kingdom Hearts 3′s new components, so please wait for information hereafter.

Wasn't a fan of flowmotion so interested to see how this goes.

Antar

Awards

On the first trailer, Sora was jumping around off of the building so we might have Flowmotion and Attraction Flow. I think the new concept sounds good too and I trust what they will do with Kingdom Hearts 3. I'll play it even if people say it's the worst of all of the games.

BEASTENDER

Hmm, I'm a little worried about Actionflow. I definitely assumed that locations would be preset. If its saying you can whip them out wherever, I think it may cause some problems. The good things about summonings in past games was, you really could summon them anywhere. But big attraction rides, in tiny spaces...I don't see that working so well lol

But perhaps you will be limited to which ones you can use at any given time. I definitely assumed that Big Thunder Mountain was Titan level boss specific, but if you can use that anywhere, I see it becoming a potential problem. But surely they're aware of this, and will make it work!

One last thing that kindve concerns me is variety. Disney theme parks only have so many rides that can be utilized in a combat heavy game. But once again, I fully trust that they know what theyre doing, and have done enough research to make it work. I still hope multiple keyblade wielding returns, and that Sora can finally utilize elemental shifts.

I think lingering sentiment Terra is the most realized wielder to date, because he has shifts and transformations down. Therefore, I think its plausible to say that Sora will be able to utilize elements in the same way at some point in this game. Especially since every other master can, including Riku.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I imagine the roller coaster thingy in the most recent trailer was again, just conceptual. I'm thinking, with this new interview, that with the released product, we'll have a lot more control over the train, sort of like when you fight a boss in Star Fox 64.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
"What? 3D Flow Motion is Evolving!"

*Pokemon Evolution music plays*

*Success music plays*

"Congratulations! Your 3D Flow Motion has Evolved into Attraction Flow! Attraction Flow learned Disney Rides!"

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So it looks as though my initial statement about Attraction Flow not being too "Reaction Command-y" might just be correct... Sweetness:)

I was hoping they'd learned from the complaints with KHII, and the success they've had with the portable games, and I'm glad that seems to be the case.

Just as long as we can control Attraction Flow better than we did Reaction Commands (and as long as it doesn't make the game too easy), I'll be more than happy. Yay. This is such good news! :)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Just as long as we can control Attraction Flow better than we did Reaction Commands (and as long as it doesn't make the game too easy), I'll be more than happy. Yay. This is such good news! :)

Well with Reaction Commands, we only had to press 1 single button (rarely 2 like with Xaldin and Samurai Nobodies), so as long as they at least make Attraction Flow 2 buttons all the time, we already have a more difficult system lol xD

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well with Reaction Commands, we only had to press 1 single button (rarely 2 like with Xaldin and Samurai Nobodies), so as long as they at least make Attraction Flow 2 buttons all the time, we already have a more difficult system lol xD

Hell make it 4 buttons! I want this to be difficult to learn but rewarding to master!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
How about no quicktime events at all because quicktime events don't even qualify as PLAYING a VIDEO GAME?

If you're going to give me these shiny little death-moves, at least make me control it and apply it.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
How about no quicktime events at all because quicktime events don't even qualify as PLAYING a VIDEO GAME?

If you're going to give me these shiny little death-moves, at least make me control it and apply it.
I'm not about to get into a big ol' thing about this, but QTEs are just as much gameplay as anything else. It's fine if you don't like it, but that doesn't make it unfit for a game.

What qualifies as "playing a game" is an incredibly loose definition. Phoenix Wright is a game, and that's mostly text. Monkey Island is a game, and that's just clicking things on the screen and watching what happens.

One could argue a fighter like Tekken is nothing but QTEs when it comes to the combos. The only difference being that there are no on-screen prompts.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com

You misunderstand. This isn't like getting a new keyblade keychain that gives you a new appearance, strength, etc.

We're talking about a Keyblade transforming into guns and other things, similar to Lingering Sentiment transforming his keyblade to a giant canon, a whip, and a vehicle.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! Now I'm REALLY excited for this game! Like a 13/5! (I was 12/5 before)

WaveK89

With flowmotion the transition in "most" cases was quite smooth and well, flowed. I'm interested in seeing if the Attraction Flow will be similar in this way if their aiming for smooth transitions into these new abilities since he seems to refer it evolving from flowmotion. Of course, there is so much we don't know about, yet.

So exciting!

ICECOOL113

"Attraction Flow"? Well this better be interesting!

Seems to me that KHIII might be adding in more battle style options. Knowing the way KH works with abilities, I have a feeling that you have to unlock certain ones via mini games, level ups, and treasure chests. While other abilities will work depending on what world you are in or what enemies you face.

However, the question stands, what is too much? I mean I loooove the idea of choosing what attacks Sora can do but, I can't help to wonder if this might have some downsides. For example, pausing game play just to pick "Oh I should I go with attack A or attack B?"

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Hell make it 4 buttons! I want this to be difficult to learn but rewarding to master!

I'd like something like that, but it doesn't even have to be something extremely difficult to master, so long as it's something fairly complicated that I have to be constantly watching the screen as opposed to texting in one hand while mashing triangle in the other...

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'd like something like that, but it doesn't even have to be something extremely difficult to master, so long as it's something fairly complicated that I have to be constantly watching the screen as opposed to texting in one hand while mashing triangle in the other...

I dont want extremely hard either but I want something more than just "press triangle!!!!"

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I dont want extremely hard either but I want something more than just "press triangle!!!!"

From what we've seen in the trailers, during Attraction Flow there are several commands that we can use, and we can also get off the ride. I think we would still have at least some control over the directions, making it less like scripted QTEs. Hopefully we can still take damage even when aboard, just like how you can get hit in the middle of Flowmotion.

Gram

Banned
Awards
From what we've seen in the trailers, during Attraction Flow there are several commands that we can use, and we can also get off the ride. I think we would still have at least some control over the directions, making it less like scripted QTEs. Hopefully we can still take damage even when aboard, just like how you can get hit in the middle of Flowmotion.

That still dont help if it's still just "press triangle".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back