• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► UPDATE: Nomura Interview in Famitsu - Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.5 Detailed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
To be honest what I hated using summons in the KH Series were the animations done to call the summons. The first time is fine after that it is just tedious to watch and made me not want to use the summons. If they could do the same for summon as they did for the drive, where there is a flash and it's on, summons would be more appealing to use to me at least.

Can understand this, I wish all the games with summons had the option kh2 had to turn off the summon animation.

Zeriam

I'm interested into hearing more on the evolved combat and summon additions in future announcements. I'm pretty sure "Splash Mountain" will be added to the roster in due time.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
At least the SE marketing were interactive and done tastefully (a battle or characters guiding you). Kingdom Hearts screams Disney from beginning to end and now advertising the rides on the theme parks in the game to me is overkill. I much rather just stick to the movies.
Well, it's not the first time Disneyland has been referenced in the games. The train based off the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad attraction that was shown in the KH3 trailer had a design on Gepetto's wall in Kingdom Hearts.

Disney Town is also one big reference to Disneyland too. Just look at these benches;
ark_Bench___Disneyland-Disneyland_Park-3000000006664-500x375.jpg

You see the same design (albet different colours) in Birth by Sleep.

Dr_Mario64

Yeah I get what you mean. The idea is ok-ish but I some how get this huge feeling that this game is just a huge commerical for the wonderful world of Disney if you know what I mean. It screams to kids, "hey come to Disney World and ride the rides you see in this game" which =$$ for Disney

Frankly, I have no problem with self-promotion on Disney's side as long as it's done with purpose. Still, the fact that attraction-based attacks are being introduced just now seems a little suspicious. I can't shake the feeling that Disney is trying to reach a little further into the development cookie jar.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Frankly, I have no problem with self-promotion on Disney's side as long as it's done with purpose. Still, the fact that attraction-based attacks are being introduced just now seems a little suspicious. I can't shake the feeling that Disney is trying to reach a little further into the development cookie jar.

Well, actually, as mentioned in a separate thread, there was a reference to the train ride even in as far back as KH1, inside Geppetto's house in Traverse Town. Probably they wanted to have it back then, but because of complications given rise by system limitations of the PS2, they were forced to include the concept as a mere Easter egg.

With KH3 being developed for PS4, I can imagine someone actually went, "Hey, we couldn't use this train idea in PS2, but now we probably could given PS4's superior capabilities," garnering everybody else's nods of approval (and possibly promotion from his supervisor for his "breakthrough" mindset :p).

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Don't forget though that for example Sea-Salt Ice Cream (or Ice cream in general when counting Birth by Sleep) just became such a big thing in the series was because Nomura tasted it while on a visit to Disneyland Tokyo and found it interesting enough to include.

So while it could be Disney's doing, it could also be just Nomura or someone else influential on the development team who took a liking to those attractions and proposed to include them.

And frankly, I rather see Sora gaining something new, possibly unique to him in the ability department rather than copying moves from other characters.
Terra may whip out a giant rocket launcher, Ventus six light blades in wing formation or Aqua taking flash step up to eleven, yet Sora now can whip out dual pistols like a male version of Lara Croft, sounds legit and lines up good with the rest of the wacky stuff.

And when Ansem can summon up a weird Zombie-organic airship or Xemnas his metal dragon, Sora riding a magical train doing some stuff does not seem to be too much out of place for the series.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm interested into hearing more on the evolved combat and summon additions in future announcements. I'm pretty sure "Splash Mountain" will be added to the roster in due time.

Well the main attractions that span the Disney parks include Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and Matterhorn so I don't see it as that big of a reach for all of them to appear.

And when Ansem can summon up a weird Zombie-organic airship or Xemnas his metal dragon, Sora riding a magical train doing some stuff does not seem to be too much out of place for the series.

If anything, Sora summoning a train is lacking compared to what the rest of the cast can do lol

Bobjam

Awards
The thing I am interested in is what Nomura does in regards to a Disneyland themed world or simply a Disney Castle re-do. Disney Town was the only other world he has done with that kind of pure Disney focus so I wonder what Nomura will include in now that he has revealed his intentions to make Disneyland an even more prominent presence in the game with the attraction-based abilities.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
If anything, Sora summoning a train is lacking compared to what the rest of the cast can do lol

If Sora had the most powerful moves in the series, that'd just be no fun..

It's making the most of a limited arsenal that makes video games fun, at least for me.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

It's making the most of a limited arsenal that makes video games fun, at least for me.

Nah, I think what kupo meant by saying that is that however wacky summoning rides are, there are even wackier things like Ansem fusing with a zombie spaceship out of nowhere, or Xemnas turning an entire castle into a dragon. Heck, there are artworks done by Nomura that the castle can take on two other forms, like a centaur or a gargantuan humanoid.

It's not necessarily that Sora has to be given the most powerful moves in the series. Probably one is enough, but too many could of course make it rather bland. I don't see it happening either, because after all, Sora relies heavily on his friends as the source of his power.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Don't forget though that for example Sea-Salt Ice Cream (or Ice cream in general when counting Birth by Sleep) just became such a big thing in the series was because Nomura tasted it while on a visit to Disneyland Tokyo and found it interesting enough to include.

So while it could be Disney's doing, it could also be just Nomura or someone else influential on the development team who took a liking to those attractions and proposed to include them.

And frankly, I rather see Sora gaining something new, possibly unique to him in the ability department rather than copying moves from other characters.
Terra may whip out a giant rocket launcher, Ventus six light blades in wing formation or Aqua taking flash step up to eleven, yet Sora now can whip out dual pistols like a male version of Lara Croft, sounds legit and lines up good with the rest of the wacky stuff.

Agreed I like that their trying something new with the rides and in comparison to the things Ansem and Xemnas have summoned it hardly seems out there. xD

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm just hoping for an evolved form of KH:Re:Com's Wild Crush. Goofy and Donald doing funny cartoon shit in battle is so great, it makes me really happy.

ICECOOL113

I'm just hoping for an evolved form of KH:Re:Com's Wild Crush. Goofy and Donald doing funny cartoon shit in battle is so great, it makes me really happy.

I would totally love to see that! You know lately besides from more current games like DDD, I never really get to battle with Donald and Goofy anymore! You know one the first reasons why I loved playing this series was because I got to fight along side with my childhood cartoon characters. Now you don't even need them with all this self-upgrade stuff going on. You don't need a mage and a defense knight to protect you now that you can add commands or abilities or whatever!

Gram

Banned
Awards
I would totally love to see that! You know lately besides from more current games like DDD, I never really get to battle with Donald and Goofy anymore! You know one the first reasons why I loved playing this series was because I got to fight along side with my childhood cartoon characters. Now you don't even need them with all this self-upgrade stuff going on. You don't need a mage and a defense knight to protect you now that you can add commands or abilities or whatever!
Believe that was the same for all of us. 8D I'd love to see something like wild rush in kh3.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Believe that was the same for all of us. 8D I'd love to see something like wild rush in kh3.

You know, I think KH could've use some goofiness depicted in the manga. You know how SDG defeated Larxene? Sora and Donald climbed on top of Goofy and they simulcast Fire and Blizzard, causing showers. Then, Goofy spun around on his shield, turning them into a giant sprinkler. The water shorted Larxene, causing her to explode.

I swear, Amano (the mangaka) came up with pretty darn ingenious ideas sometimes. XD

Gram

Banned
Awards
You know, I think KH could've use some goofiness depicted in the manga. You know how SDG defeated Larxene? Sora and Donald climbed on top of Goofy and they simulcast Fire and Blizzard, causing showers. Then, Goofy spun around on his shield, turning them into a giant sprinkler. The water shorted Larxene, causing her to explode.

I swear, Amano (the mangaka) came up with pretty darn ingenious ideas sometimes. XD

That it certainly could. Amano's work not only made it amusing but he gave the Org and especially kairi more character than the actual games do.

Loxdani

I don't know where to ask so I'll ask here. What is the next event that SquareEnix will attend and may give more information regarding the upcoming releases? Even if there is no announcement directly related to KHIII in my mind announcement regarding FFXV and possible release date for it mean that Nomura will have more time to develop KHIII.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I don't know where to ask so I'll ask here. What is the next event that SquareEnix will attend and may give more information regarding the upcoming releases? Even if there is no announcement directly related to KHIII in my mind announcement regarding FFXV and possible release date for it mean that Nomura will have more time to develop KHIII.

Most probably Jump Festa, and that's what many people here are waiting for. What's going to be revealed is up for guesses, but I personally think it'd be more oriented toward 2.5 than KH3. Probably 2.5's art and release date?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I totally agree. I love the fact that Sora isn't as strong as MX alone because it means that when we do defeat him, it means so much more, generally revolving around teamwork, something very important to KH.

I agree. I remember that scene with Larxene, it's quite ingenious. I wish that that was somehow usable in game, being able to make water using Blizzard and Fire simultaneously. It's similar to Pokemon, in the anime they do some crazy ridiculous stuff using different moves in conjunction one another and you can't do that kind of stuff in the game either :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back