• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► UPDATE: Nomura Interview in Famitsu - Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.5 Detailed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Nomura Interview in Famitsu - Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.5 Detailed!

Part of me thinks that Nomura mixed up Flowmotion and Reality Shift. Both are features from 3D and it just makes so much more sense to me when lookking at the trailer. But I am not sure he would do such a thing.

I really doubt the guy who created Flowmotion and Reality Shifts would confuse his concepts. Let's wait until the full interview comes out before everybody decides they should speak for him.

ICECOOL113

Personally, I think that this idea that the Disney attractions are being used as flow motion technique is unique but, at the same time seems almost commercialized in that it is using rides from the theme parks in battle. I liked the use of using different Disney characters in battle but a ship ride and the locomotive? Not so sure how this is going to play out...:confused:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Bring on the sometimes vague, sometimes stating the obvious interviews.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

We are working diligently to brush up 2.5 much more than 1.5.
I hope this mean Re:Coded will be an actual movie instead of a few selected scenes getting full treatment. Like what Days kinda was. Hey, maybe TAV will get their capes? The PS3 can definitely process that, but what he probably means is that they're just making sure 2.5 doesn't have crazy glitches.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I hope TAV get their capes back. Their armor looks so much cooler with the capes. Is it necessary? No, but it'd be nice. Otherwise, it'd be weird to fight Terra in KH2FM with a cape and then play as him in BBSFM with no cape.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

If the capes were cut due to the processing power of the PSP, I wonder how easily they could add them back in. Like, do they have HD models with capes premade that they just ended swapping out in favor of the ones without, or is it something they would have to make from scratch? I personally think the trio looks cooler without them, gives them an edgier, more modern look, but would look great either way!

Last edited:

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

The thing I hope for the remix is no summarizations or skipping for the Re: Coded cut scenes. Days felt disjointed in that regard. And considering the camera for KH1 wasn't even that good, they should do a lot to make it satisfactory for BBS.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'd rather no capes, honestly. It looked cool without them.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

i think that keyblade armor would look so much better with capes. if not TAV than i hope Sora or the other wielders get capes with their armor (if they do get armor in kh3 of course)

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

speaking of no caps i wonder if edna mode will be i kh 3 giving sora new clothes anyway in kh3 anyway kh 2.5 2014 i wonder what the date going to be?

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

@gosoxtim. Okay. That seriously needs to happen! Like, I don't even care if there's an Incredibles world or not. Just have Edna in Traverse Town or something. I can imagine that scene so clearly! Like, when talking to Sora, we'd hear, "Darling, darling, darling. Those yellow belts with that black suit? Using colors on opposite ends of the color wheel is so outdated, don't you know that?"

This would be so freakin' perfect! A) Because people who don't want Sora to get an outfit won't have to deal with it being completely random if Edna gives him one. B) Because Sora's look is outdated. LOL. Seven years so, actually. C) Nomura cold make fun of himself, which I think would work, since I have the feeling the KHIII looks will be more streamlined/simple. D) Edna will be in the game, and just be all around awesome. Plus, it'd be another nice nod to Disney:)

Anyway, on topic... I'm really excited about the Keyblade transformation thing, and want to know where it goes. This will be a great way to utilize things you learn from other worlds, too. Like, if we go to Deep Jungle again, Sora's Keyblade could turn into a spear, etc.

As for the Amusement Park rides being inspired from Flowmotion... I don't get/like that, honestly. Flowmotion was all about freedom, and what you can do on the rides seems limited. It just seems sort of backwards to me, y'know? Granted, we can't know until the full interview's translated or when we see/play the actual gameplay, but still.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com

I don't understand, how is changing his Keyblade a new ability? You can always change it with another a keychain

Chrsora

Flowmotion itself was a big step forward for the franchice and i am glad that they get to build up on it, in KH3. It makes the roaming around part more easier and enjoyable.
Now the part that i didnt quite get was how the keyblade is going to transform. Did he mean a similar way they could change in KH BBS?
Like Aqua's or Terra's Keyblade? Or like in the last trailer shown for KH3, when Sora uses those guns shaped things? (If its that way then i will need a while to get used to it, even tought it would be interesting to use it like Terra is using it in KH2 FM when battling Sora.)
As for the KH 2.5 Remix, i am not quite sure about them adding capes to the armors, even though i would love to see that. If they dont end up adding them, i would certainly love to see more armors (with capes) in KH3. And a bit more developed.
I remember when i first saw the secret ending in KH2 FM, i was so enthusiastic about it. And when i played the game, i got a bit dissapointed because the capes were removed and the armors were making the character look ''Naked'' after removing such a strong element from the overall look.
Moreover, they had strong colours on them which made the outfit get away from a decent armor lets say.
Dont get me wrong, the colours chosen for the armors resembled very nicely the players wearing it. Its just, i wanted the armor to reflect that colour insted of being the colour itself. (Like in the secret ending) You could say it was not that possible due to the graphics, but they could add it in KH3.

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I don't understand, how is changing his Keyblade a new ability? You can always change it with another a keychain

You misunderstand. This isn't like getting a new keyblade keychain that gives you a new appearance, strength, etc.

We're talking about a Keyblade transforming into guns and other things, similar to Lingering Sentiment transforming his keyblade to a giant canon, a whip, and a vehicle.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Okay, so it turns out that the "interview" is actually just a brief message from Nomura lol

Translations thanks to SQEXGAL:

It’s a privilege to be apart of today’s event, the first D23 Expo Japan. The last time I stood in front of fans was for the premier presentation of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, so it’s been a long time. I was moved by everyone’s excited response. If I have the chance I’d like to do this sort of thing again.

I wanted to put out the information for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 and Kingdom Hearts 3 quickly for those who couldn’t attend, so we made the trailer public online. Since they’re both still in production, the trailers are short, but I hope that fans enjoy them. We are brushing up Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 even more that 1.5, even the staff is doing their best to improve it as much as possible.

Also, this is the first time that KH3 was shown using in-engine footage, but it’s not in a condition where viewers can fully grasp it. We’re going to improve the quality much more still after this. In the trailer you see 3 of Sora’s new moves, and they demonstrate the 2 attack systems, the first being Keyblade transformation. The Keyblade transformation is different for each Keyblade, and the battle style changes as well.

The second is the Disney attraction inspired Attraction Flow. Attraction Flow is an evolution of Kingdom Hearts 3D’s Flowmotion. With Attraction Flow, you can choose which move you want to use against which enemies on the spot, and even during an enemy outbreak you control Sora’s attacks. These new actions are just a fraction of Kingdom Hearts 3′s new components, so please wait for information hereafter.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

If I have the chance I’d like to do this sort of thing again.

...says the man who hid behind a curtain and refused to leave the safety of the Square Enix booth.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Attraction Flow is an evolved form of Flowmotion. Boo-yah bitches.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The second is the Disney attraction inspired Attraction Flow. Attraction Flow is an evolution of Kingdom Hearts 3D’s Flowmotion. With Attraction Flow, you can choose which move you want to use against which enemies on the spot, and even during an enemy outbreak you control Sora’s attacks. These new actions are just a fraction of Kingdom Hearts 3′s new components, so please wait for information hereafter.

Attraction Flow. It sounds cute. Attraction Flow. I hope there is still Flowmotion, though. I totally bet Nomura and Yasue figured this out while joking around. then realized it might be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back