• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► TPP - The eviler child of ACTA and SOPA

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Now that big companies got SOPA/PIPA pushed back in the USA, and ACTA indefinitely delayed in Europe, they're trying something different: The Trans-Pacific Partnership. Under the guise of a 'Free Trade Agreement', all that we've been able to learn thus far has been through leaks only.

TYT: TTP - Worse than ACTA?

• Three-strikes policies and laws that require Internet intermediaries to terminate their users’ Internet access on repeat allegations of copyright infringement .
  • Requirements for Internet intermediaries to filter all Internet communications for potentially copyright-infringing material.
  • ISP obligations to block access to websites that allegedly infringe or facilitate copyright infringement.
  • Efforts to force intermediaries to disclose the identities of their customers to IP rightsholders on an allegation of copyright infringement.
  • ISPs are incentivised to do all of the above, essentially being paid to become Copyright Cops.
Basically, you get your internet killed after three allegations of copyright infringment. This allegation does not need to be proven true. ISPs become directly responsible for monitoring and filtering what you view and do online. ISPs must block websites that in any way relate to copyright infringement (bye-bye YouTube, Google, etc). Upon a single allegation of copyright infringement, ISPs must provide the IP holders with your identity.

Another ironic but still sad part here? That it's labelled as something 'free trade', when it just adds more regulation to the internet, and in other ways prevents customers' options when it comes to certain products. Further, god forbid you should be opposed to something that's free trade, what are you? Some kind of dirty anti-capitalist?

LEAKED! TPP: the Son of ACTA will oblige America and other countries to throw out privacy, free speech and due process for easier copyright enforcement - Boing Boing

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/08/tpp-creates-liabilities-isps-and-put-your-rights-risk

The Pacific free trade deal that's anything but free | Dean Baker | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Jesus Christ. If people don't want something like this passed multiple times beforehand, modifying it, putting a new name on it, and adding - debatably - even stricter regulations to it, doesn't make people want it more. Holy fuck. I'm sick of seeing these things.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Because the government cares more about the whims of gigantic companies than the freedoms of individuals.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
You kill it and it comes back with another head. Jesus fucking christ

Gram

Banned
Awards
oh sweet lord what the hell!? this country is just bullshit...... .

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Jesus Christ. If people don't want something like this passed multiple times beforehand, modifying it, putting a new name on it, and adding - debatably - even stricter regulations to it, doesn't make people want it more. Holy fuck. I'm sick of seeing these things.

you and me both. this is getting stupid every time. its just gonna get the boot anyway.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Ladies, Genlemen, and the inbetweeners, get your online petitions ready. We're in for ANOTHER fight. :/

Okay, seriously, this will be just like PIPA/SOPA/ACTA. It's not even a solid bill, if we can even call it that. LMAO

Awards
4fa9c1d61861330f9d006172.jpg

Pretty sure this will blow over like the others.

Unless everyone ignores it and it passes while we scoff oh noes

Oran

Awards
/\ This

Ya I feel the same way I doubt this will show any results but they just keep on trying *sigh*

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Yep this bill won't really get through anywhere. I mean these people need to realize their being foolish.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
They need to fuck off with this shit. It's old. Get over it. Don't make enough millions? Grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back