• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Theory] Further Implications of the Replica Program?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

swim126

Watching the world kill itself. Delightful.
Before I start, if this has been discussed before, feel free to bash me. I don't care.

So, we all know the whole basis of the Replica Program. But I have a feeling that it may go further than what we've seen. Hear me out...
Approximately a week after Roxas was born, we got Xion, right? Xion, as we know, is replica "no. i". About 2 weeks later, we get the Riku Replica. But this is where the questions begin.
First, are we to assume the Riku Replica is "no. ii"? Based on what Vexen wrote in Days;

"I intend to take the other vessel - judged unfit for number status - to Castle Oblivion, where I will subject it to further testing"

it would appear that due to Vexen's referring of R.R. as the "other vessel", he would be "no. ii".
If we remember back to CoM, Vexen needed an extremely short amount of time and data to construct a replica. A single battle sufficed, and the Replica appeared very shortly afterward. If replica creation was this easy for him, he had to have SOME practice or something prior. And Xion was just one replica. Looking back to Vexen's writings,

"The Program is largely on target. No. i, my finest Replica, has proven an even greater success than anticipated"

So, his first one was the best? Hard to believe, no? It certainly seems that way, as it was successful in copying Sora, right? Nomura is asking us to believe that the FIRST ONE was so good. Recalling loooong ago, I seem to remember mentions of the replicas in the Chain of Memories Magna. Whether or not we consider it canon (I dont know myself), Vexen was running around with a whole bunch of mini-Vexens, replicas of himself.
Back to the point, we can assume Repliku (I love that version of his name :D) was the last, as Vexen was eliminated not long afterwards. But now, we must refer back to those prophetic Secret Reports. Axel says;

"I've uncovered most of what I need to know about the Replica Program, but where's the other one? I can't find any trace of it. ..."

Seems pretty vague to me. He most likely is referring to Repliku, but what else would he have been finding out? And can we be SURE he's talking about Repliku? "Most of what he need to know"? What about what he didn't (if that's even relevant...).

Anyways, what I'm getting at is this: Could the Replica Program have been broader than what we have been led to believe? Are Xion and Repliku the only ones, or will others play a future role?

Discuss.

billyzanesucks

It comes as no surprise to me that there would be some other replicas somewhere. Saying it was his finest implies that there were more than two. I think they will play a role in future games.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Oh god. MX will clone Terra's body. He'll be able to keep going in new bodies as soon as their done. He could live forever!

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
#Nomura browsing this thread# Shit they know!

But in all seriousness, I'm having a hard time finding any flaws here. Since it re-emerged after a couple of years of people mostly forgetting about it, it's possible it could play a role again.

Tidus14

I don't like the replica's anymore, Sure, it are great persons but they are fake in some way. And bored, too.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Maybe the Mysterious Figure is another one of his replicas. IDK if that's been said before, or if that even sounds plausible, but it got me thinking.

It was said before. By yours truly.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
It has definitely been thrown out in the MF theory thread before.
Alright. I thought I'd heard it somewhere on here before, I just wasn't sure. But that makes me wonder... Who else would Vexen have copied? Would any other clones, besides Riku Replica and Xion, be based after anyone else?
Xemnas had a clone made from Sora to see if it could wield the Keyblade and collect hearts, right? Maybe Xehanort, after he returns in 'many forms', like Yen Sid mentioned, made clones of himself in that same way. Maybe Xion was really a test to see if a clone of a Keyblade Wielder COULD wield a Keyblade, so that when Xehanort DID make a clone of himself, he would be sure that it would be as powerful as the original, himself.
Again, sorry if this has been said before.

Radar

Bronze Member
I always imagined Xehanort making a clone of himself, so yeah Im going with this theory here.

Awards
Saix said:
Xion failed to complete its mission. If this continues, destroying it and using the next Replica as the Duplicate would undoubtedly yield a higher-grade copy. No. i was among the initial lot, which naturally raises questions about its capabilities.

It's a fact that there was more than two replicas, but we only know of two that were actually copying someone.
So it's more like the rest were generic, doll-like vessels.

In fact, Xion was given a new body by Xemnas towards the end of Days.

Could there be other replicas that turn out to be significant? Maybe.
Nomura said:
-- The "Replica Plan" that was the key to this game, was it begun with Roxas' entry into the Organisation?

Nomura: No, earlier than that. Originally Vexen was working privately to advance the research on Replicas, but for the Organisation's goal of completing "Kingdom Hearts of people's hearts" they needed to use the Keyblade to recover hearts, so they switched to this plan of copying the Keyblade hero. As for who was or wasn't told about the "Replica Plan", that depended only on their different missions.

Notice that Nomura says here that the original plan was not to use these replicas to copy the Keyblade hero. The question then becomes- who were they trying to copy and what was the original purpose of the project?
It may have just been for the sake of research on memories, or it could have been something more.

Personally, I would prefer that the Replicas didn't return, because I find them to be very uninteresting at this point. But I can still see them having some sort of future significance.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
"Would a single one of you suffice, if what you faced was not a single one of him?"

In the words of Yen Sid......Replicas could return. That's one of the things I was thinking when he said that.

Maybe even as a new type of enemy? The Imperfect Replicas? The one's that went wrong. (Figuring that Repliku and Xion were ones that went right.)
Like what Grass said with generic, doll-like vessels. Would be like faceless enemies, no expressions what so ever.

I don't know, it sounds kinda cool in my head.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
"Would a single one of you suffice, if what you faced was not a single one of him?"

In the words of Yen Sid......Replicas could return. That's one of the things I was thinking when he said that.

Maybe even as a new type of enemy? The Imperfect Replicas? The one's that went wrong. (Figuring that Repliku and Xion were ones that went right.)
Like what Grass said with generic, doll-like vessels. Would be like faceless enemies, no expressions what so ever.

I don't know, it sounds kinda cool in my head.
That does sound pretty cool. Like a side quest could be hunting them all down and destroying them or something.

Maybe Xehanort did clone himself. Maybe thats all MF is. 2012 can't come any slower -__-

Gram

Banned
Awards
nomuras 6th has seen the xehanort cloning himself idea in this thread....now we'll get kh4 and then 8 side games later 5....

anyway its possible but i'd rather the replica thing just die, i never found them interesting tho im a repliku fan.

localorange

I've never heard of the MF could be a replica theory, but it's one I find very interesting. Or maybe I have, and I couldn't remember *shrugs*

I like the OP's theory though. While I have admittedly been turned off to the replicas, I wouldn't be surprised if they do return.

KH-x-3

i've definitely heard the MF is a replica theory...yen sid's statement could either mean more replicas, more forms of xehanort, or both o_O

*thinking in head with all his heart*

plz don't let MF be another xehanort

LucasDraleau

First: Multiple Xehanorts: If Master Xehanort were to come back from being a Nobody and a Heartless, there would only be one of him. Otherwise when Organization Thirteen returns, then their would be more than one of Lea, Isa, Braig, etc. I think that the Replicas could constitute what Yen Sid means when he says: "What if what you fought was not a single one of him."

Second: Xehanort's Many Plans: Operation Replication: We already know that one of his plans was the Princesses of Light and Maleficent. But what if while he was in Radiant Garden, he contacted Even (Vexen) and told him about his plan. This could be constituted because Even knows of Ven's "Pure Light" Heart. Even though Even is clearly a very smart scientist, I don't think he'd know on the spot about Ven's heart, just by meeting him one time. Xehanort could've told Even about Ven. Xehanort could also have told Even about how he sort of cloned Ven, when he took away his darkness. Because, after all, Vanitas is only a dark version of Ven. After telling Vexen about Ven, he could've asked Vexen to try to clone Xehanort himself. This would constitute what Nomura said about the cloning program going back further than Xion and Repliku. For all we know it could've gone back all the way to Even's Someone days. Another reason that this could be true is the fact that Vexen/Even tried to clone himself many many times. There was something like 88 Vexens in the manga. Why would he want to clone himself, besides being a narcistic freak? Maybe he was trying to find a way to make a perfect clone of himself, then after he got what he considered a perfect clone, use it on other people. Then after getting a perfect set of clones trying to clone multiple people into a single entity which goes into the Mysterious Figure Theories.

Conclusion: All in all, it would make perfect sense for the multiple Xehanort's to be clones, otherwise we'd have multiple Lea's, Isa's, etc. when they came back.

Last edited:

Narveid

Remind me if I am wrong, but Xion, who is the "good clone" so to say, the perfect one in Vexen's eyes, eventually starts taking the powers of the ones she has taken the memories of, in this case Roxas (and Sora (but he was sleeping at the time, so no effects there)). So if Xehanort had made several of those "good" clones of himself, wouldn't there eventually be a power struggle, where overall, all of them would be weakened severly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back