• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Roleplaying Tavern - Stop by for a pint!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Kazem

Well, things overall for me have been slow, and I've thought that it's been too long since the last time I've looked at this tavern for the creative minds of KHI. But, having the generic "hey, I haven't said hi before, so hi" entrance put of the way, I really do want to introduce myself properly to you all.

I'm actually been an rp'er for a bit of time now, but most of that time has been on and off, mostly off. So here I am, and hopefully for a long and lively while. I'm a bit quiet, and have been through a bland creativity streak (jump and spears, how refreshing) with repetitive personalities. But I think I've finally scratched that little itch in my brain and have started to stray away from my little usual. Experiance-wise, I don't have very much, but it's there. Sorta. I guess I have my good moments, and I know I have my bad, but I always like to put some effort into my posts and make them at least somewhat satisfying. I feel welcomed here with you all, and I do want to thank you for that. If I'm not welcomed though, m'bad for getting that wrong. I might be a bit careful with my own comments and posts, like this, but that's mainly because of quite a few times of misunderstandings before, so sorry if it seems a bit obsessive and paranoid (see, that pre-response sorry again). I've been in a few of the rp's here, maybe some of you have noticed, and I'd love to be in more.

So, fellow roleplayers, to sum it all up: Hi ^^

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
"Aye, stranger! You're certainly welcomed here as much as the next o' folk. Sit and wet yer whistle fer a spell while yer here. First un's on the house, lad."

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I'm just going to do a little shameless promoting here...

I've finally finished putting together R.E.M. - Reality, Existence, Mentality and am putting this out here to attract some attention to it. The Sign-up thread may not look all that impressive, mayhap, but most of the actual story remains to be seen, so I implore anyone who enjoys good roleplays to check it out.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I remember seeing a thread talking about this concept WAY back and from what I've gathered, Omni and the rest of the folks at R.E.M. have spent a great deal of effort on it. So not only do you have quality roleplayers aboard this but significant time dedicated to this project. Needless to say, this'll be the first roleplay I intend on participating since my hiatus and you should all join too.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Anyone remember the fun and potential of Shades of Blue - Welcome to Roleplay Town? What if that got rejigged into a smaller-scale, gritty hero/superhero style roleplay, while retaining some of the key elements?

is this still going to happen any time soon?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
is this still going to happen any time soon?
I'm actually considering of doing it very soon. Many of the project proposed in my 'Next Project' thread are simply too big or complicated for the current roleplaying climate - especially the Singularity and Lux Aeterna. With Heroes/Icons of Roleplay Town, I can pretty much let everyone do whatever the hell they want and hopefully not leave them feeling like they might trod on plans already in place.

Endless Strategy

Please don't bash me for asking this, but here's a frank question. Why do the Roleplayers on this forum stick around despite there being far more popular role play sites that would make garnering members easier?

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Please don't bash me for asking this, but here's a frank question. Why do the Roleplayers on this forum stick around despite there being far more popular role play sites that would make garnering members easier?

I don't think it has anything to do with how many members join rps, but about enjoying roleplaying with friends. Sure sites such as Roleplayingguild and other sites like that might be the most logical choice to put rps on, but if you do that, then you'll be rping with complete strangers who might or might not interfere with your plans for said rp. I also think it has something to do with the fact that most of us are pretty loyal to revive the RP section here on KHI back to its former glory. Either that, or we're just too damn lazy. xD

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

Because fools of a feather stick together m'boy

And once you've sunk 1,000+ posts here you will either leave or stay or in some cases simply be absent because of real life and school and work;

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
a lot of the people who've posted here are pretty much my reason for staying, as ksx and profs mentioned

Athel

Machinist
I don't really know why I'm still here, but I am. I think the quality of people is better than the quantity of roleplayers, I guess.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The brake has been steadily taking effect for years now. Original Roleplays has always been relatively inactive compared to Canon RPs, and that place of course sees KH and generic shounen anime/manga RPs 'thrive'.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Yes, yes. It was always evident that those RPs were all the rage. A shame that this place has become so much less lively. Even a year ago I can remember seeing quite a bit in the works.

I'd put my own projects and ideas to work, but I doubt there'd be enough of an interest or activity base for any of it to pan out properly.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I, personally, blame it on a stagnant trend that has dug itself into the section as a whole. It seems that nowadays, most of the roleplayers avoid stories in which they are either unfamiliar with or large threads in general, opting instead for something familiar and/or simple (e.g., Kingdom Hearts).

That was one of the reasons behind the Character of the Week, to draw people out of their comfort zone with promises of prizes and have them stretch their creativity a bit, but thus far, it seems that only "vets" have submitted anything in. Suffice to say, I'm a little disappointed that I haven't seen any fresh faces sending me characters.

It's at the point that I'm about ready to browse through the section, picking out the newer roleplayers, and shaking the creativity out of them like lunch money. =S

That or at least ask politely why they aren't being a tad more adventurous...

Back