• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Roleplaying Tavern - Stop by for a pint!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FairSovereign

Hmmm, I have returned to KHinsider at a very unfortunate time for Original RPs. A lot of the ones I wished to join are too far along for me to adequately get involved~ *sad wobble*

Last edited:

Eriah

Awards
Website
eriahsylverstone.wix.com
I thought everyone got along with Superbia? ...But then he shreds them in a battle. Then it turns into a goal to beat him in combat one day.

...That's how it is for me anyways. But as long as your charas fit into the RP type noone should object.

Godmod?

Hmmm, I have returned to KHinsider at a very unfortunate time for Original RPs. A lot of the ones I wished to join are too far along for me to adequately get involved~ *sad wobble*

My rps are never too far along to add someone. But I don't know if you'd like my style.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
That's just it. He godmods about as much as any seasoned veteran. He's just THAT good! I willing to bet that if you go up to any of the older players on here, they would all say that they've been trounced by Superbia at least once.

...Okay, most of them.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
He's just THAT good!
Objection.jpg

I can call Superbia a lot of good things, but I wouldn't call him such a blanket thing as 'good', especially not 'THAT' good.

I willing to bet that if you go up to any of the older players on here, they would all say that they've been trounced by Superbia at least once.
This perception/expectation ignores an inherent quality (or flaw) of Superbia's roleplaying style. He doesn't like to play with balanced characters or ones with well-defined capabilities or limitations, and especially doesn't like to be told what he can and can't do.

You have to realise that Superbia 'trouncing' someone becomes almost meaningless when he constructs his characters vaguely enough (or with a sufficient plethora of abilities) to, in combination with the inherent flexibility of creative writing, pretty much make anything possible. It's a difficult and boring thing to quantify what your character does and is capable of, and even more difficult to put that into narrative outside of tabletop games with dice and character sheets.

Last edited:

Eriah

Awards
Website
eriahsylverstone.wix.com
That's just it. He godmods about as much as any seasoned veteran. He's just THAT good! I willing to bet that if you go up to any of the older players on here, they would all say that they've been trounced by Superbia at least once.

...Okay, most of them.

I've been rping since 2005 and know how to get under people's skin while still going by basic rules.

Arzur

How is activity in the RP section these days? I've been away for a few years, wondering how things stack up to the forum I remember.
It looks like things got cleaned out at one point or another, none of my old threads are still around. Also, what happened to Inferno, or whatever the game coded into the forum was?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Quite a few of the old, old threads in roleplaying were for some reason empty. Literally empty, as in they were listed in the forum, but in the thread itself there was no post, not even a sign of the person who had actually made the thread. Hence, they've been deleted. Some of the signup and discussion threads from the general roleplaying section may have also been moved to the appropriate signup/discussion section.

With the 4.0 forum upgrade, the RPG Inferno functionality was lost. I'm personally unsure of what efforts there are to reimplement it.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

...Okay, most of them.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Anyone remember the fun and potential of Shades of Blue - Welcome to Roleplay Town? What if that got rejigged into a smaller-scale, gritty hero/superhero style roleplay, while retaining some of the key elements?

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Anyone remember the fun and potential of Shades of Blue - Welcome to Roleplay Town? What if that got rejigged into a smaller-scale, gritty hero/superhero style roleplay, while retaining some of the key elements?

o3o

Depends if I can be Alfred

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

One of the main attractions of Shades of Blue was the fact that our characters were representations of ourselves—so this roleplay would need to feature super-powered versions of ourselves, and take place in a KHI-based city. (Both of those fall under "key elements", but I just wanted to stress how important they are.)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
One of the main attractions of Shades of Blue was the fact that our characters were representations of ourselves—so this roleplay would need to feature super-powered versions of ourselves, and take place in a KHI-based city. (Both of those fall under "key elements", but I just wanted to stress how important they are.)
Oh, it would absolutely remain in the KHI city, and our powers or traits would necessarily be based on our characters or the way we go about the section. I'd probably retain the Jezzaschach aesthetic, but gain electromagnetic powers and/or a robotic multitool arm.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Oh, it would absolutely remain in the KHI city, and our powers or traits would necessarily be based on our characters or the way we go about the section.
Just as I hoped and expected.
Orion said:
I'd probably retain the Jezzaschach aesthetic, but gain electromagnetic powers and/or a robotic multitool arm.
Jezza without a robotic appendage? Why, that's simply inconceivable.
You know, I'm not quite sure that I really got to post in that one. Wasn't one of the rules something about holding off for various chapters depending on when you started to RP?

Each "chapter" had a set number of participants, which ended up alienating quite a few members—since they could only sit on their hands until Chapter One was complete. The setup was better suited for a collaborative fiction, to be perfectly honest.

However, that problem will be avoided by this latest incarnation, should it come to pass. From what I can gather, the number of participants will be more tightly managed—and the smaller cast will act as more of an ensemble than as a city's widespread population.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

Count me in, naturally. Unfortunately, Gendou won't be joining us this time around, given his retirement, but, oh, his replacement is ever so more fun and devious.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

...Okay, most of them.

Hey.
Do I god mod? I'm an 05 roleplayer, still strong.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Jezza talking shit.

This is late but somebody told me to come read these last two pages.

Honestly you're talking out the side of your neck but you got it all wrong. I feel a slight need to defend myself.

There's a difference between vague and simply complicated like some of your templates where you explain the same thing for 17 paragraphs. When many people have challenged me, they immediately want to trash talk and mention trolling me or for me to use one of my greatest characters so I comply. I've never had a problem constructing ANY type of character nor playing down any type of ability in a template if need be. I've built plenty of balanced or so called limited characters. I'm also fully aware of what I can and can't do and don't have any issue with somebody telling me otherwise if what they have to say is legitimate.

Not every character of mine can blink and rip the world in half and in my defense I know too well that people freak out when most of the time my characters aren't even that strong. People freak out and are lazy, building forces and so on that can be easily broken and rendered worthless. In rps where we are to use normal characters, mine are just that. Completely within the limitations of said world/plane/whatever.

If I so happen to get challenged and whoop somebody's ass it means that either they didn't try hard enough to win, or became so confused by what I posted that instead of moving away from my attack, they were hit and died in the next post of their own accord. Like when we battled in a Bleach role play; I used one attack that wasn't at all grand and you took it way too far and had it destroy like half of Drake's body and went straight to Resurrection. Totally unneeded mang.

But whatever, people will think what they want to, that's all there is to it I suppose. I won't be jumping back in here to say anything else, so feel free to say whatever you want to, like you've done previously.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
There's a difference between vague and simply complicated like some of your templates where you explain the same thing for 17 paragraphs.
Most of that is mechanics of people's powers or attributes, which give very particular scope to what they're capable of. It's like a more detailed way of saying 'this guy has super-strong bones', or 'this guy kupos with your mind through quantum mechanics'. The only characters that I've put stupendous detail into in that regard have been Drake on the KHIRP wiki (who I haven't battled with for ages and simply used the wiki as an info dump) or my Psychometric dude in a sci-fi oriented roleplay where I knew that being able to plausibly explain your powers was essentially browny points in the eyes of the RP maker, plus I just enjoyed doing it; seeing how the physics and physiology of the normal world could be extrapolated or bent to achieve the fantastical.

When many people have challenged me, they immediately want to trash talk and mention trolling me or for me to use one of my greatest characters so I comply.
That's something that cannot be denied. The impression that I get, however (and this could of course be at least partially wrong given you might just happen to regularly receive similar requests or find yourself in similar scenarios often) is that you prefer to use high-power characters. I've just noticed a general tendency towards the high-powered side of things in most of your battles characters. I can't fault you for beating someone with a high-level character when they choose a low-level one, but leaving it at just that ignores the possibility that most people just don't like or want to go with high-level characters. That's not a particular criticism of how you might perceive yourself, but a response to how Mistearea presented you.

Like when we battled in a Bleach role play; I used one attack that wasn't at all grand and you took it way too far and had it destroy like half of Drake's body and went straight to Resurrection. Totally unneeded mang.
That was, what, two or three years ago? It was one of my first roleplays outside of Org XV, and one of my first encounters with you, so I was being cautious in addition to not having a total understanding of your characters maximum power or how he applied it in that situation. That isn't helped by the fact that characters in the canon Bleach universe have power levels that seem to go all over the kupoing place.

But whatever, people will think what they want to, that's all there is to it I suppose. I won't be jumping back in here to say anything else, so feel free to say whatever you want to, like you've done previously.
At the very least, thank you for clarifying your particular feelings, and I hope my own response will better clarify exactly what I was saying, such that you won't see it in the 'shit-talking' light it wasn't intended to be read as. My whole tirade wasn't targeted at you, but at a perception of you that I feel was at least partially held by Mistearea. At the very least, I must apologise - I got carried away in that post and substituted a more direct analysis over what should have been a broader insight.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
And again, I apologise. I realise that two things combined in the moment of that first post that led to the general tone and, ultimately, the overall falsity (or at least misrepresentation) in it: the regular disparity (based on preference, nothing more) that tends to come up between you and other members when you battle; and that combining with simplified perceptions such as Mistearea's. In my mind, for anyone, it's wrong to say 'they're just that good' when you particular trends can't help but be noticed - like my preference for very technical powers that some people find hard to grasp, your potential preference for stronger characters, the inclination of others towards less overtly powerful fighters. They all contribute, and to say someone is 'just that good' misses the whole picture. That said, you are good, no doubt.

Back