• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Abortion Exception

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
I would rather say that puxal has no idea how hard life is because she hides under mom's skirt all the time. I cannot imagine being a brain dead vegetable as any kind of life. I would rather be dead than to be dependent on a damn tube down my throat.
you dont know me so dont be sure i have no idea how hard life is ;)

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
If you really did you would know that living isn't easy whatsoever. Making a living out of this shit economy is hard enough. Living off the state while you waste away in a hospital bed with a tube rammed down your throat does not seem fun.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I would rather say that puxal has no idea how hard life is because she hides under mom's skirt all the time. I cannot imagine being a brain dead vegetable as any kind of life. I would rather be dead than to be dependent on a damn tube down my throat.
Amen to that. The idea that other people can say, "Oh no, I think you can live. You just won't be able to talk, eat, speak, sleep right, walk, use most basic motor skills, etc. etc." Are horrible and should think of how that other person would feel.

Yuuki

the very words of someone who has no business in intel....
cool ^^ but that still wont stop me XD
i am only giving my opinion,theres nothing wrong with it. you may like or dislike my opinion but thats all there is to it.
not everyone will agree otherwise this world would be better

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
i am only giving my opinion,theres nothing wrong with it. you may like or dislike my opinion but thats all there is to it.
Not really. It'd be boring and homogenous, and there'd be relatively little development.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com

So the world would be better if everyone agreed with you. Your a prick, everyone is entitled to their opinion (i agree) but you so poorly identify with seeing things on the other side.

Yuuki

So the world would be better if everyone agreed with you
no dumbass i never said that i meant if everyone agree with each other the world would be better.

A

Azrael

Hey, I know abortion has been talked about over and over again, but there is a particular view that I do not understand. Maybe someone can explain it a bit.

Pro-life means you view abortion as murder. Okay. Makes sense.

Pro-choice means you view abortion as a woman's choice over what happens to her body. Okay. Makes sense.

And then there are people who are "Pro-Life, unless its rape".

*raises hand* Uhm, excuse me... I know rape is a terrible thing, but how does the fact that the baby was made forcefully validate a murder?

Hah, I don't know if this warrants a whole new thread, but I wanted to see what some people have to say about this illogical stance on abortion.

As long as it's before six months, then go ahead on all circumstances. After then no.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I'm pro-choice, especially when it comes to rape.

V_ This is my reason for why I'm completely pro-choice for rape babies. _V

Why should a woman go through what can be a painful experience to give birth to a child created through violence? I sure don't want a little rape baby in the world to live knowing his dad took advantage of his mom. That is a fucked up existence.

I also especially support the option of abortion, should the expecting mother be the kind of would-be mother that does drugs, drinks, and smokes while pregnant, because I'd much rather a baby get aborted than live painful, depressing life, just because his mother can't seem to realize that she has to be clean in order to have a healthy child, or doesn't realize she's pregnant until a month or so in, so she didn't have a chance to stop her harmful ways.

Honestly though, if I heard my gf was pregnant, I'd go over the options with her, but I'd recommend abortion as a last resort. In other words, I might believe in pro-choice, but I still see it as a last resort. (hopefully never) The main reason I support it is because I believe if a woman has a right to have cosmetic surgery (such as implants), she has a right to have an abortion, given that her baby's daddy is okay with it, or clearly going to be a dead beat, who she's going to go to take to Maury, in order to prove he's the father, because he's denying that the baby is his already.

Quote: I'm a million percent sure I'm not the father of *insert woman's name*'s baby. < Sometimes, I love seeing clips from that show.

Awards
You guys are looking way too deep into this, on both sides of the issue. Fuck ethics, what about freedom? The question should not be whether or not abortion is right or wrong -- that is totally irrelevant. The real issue of whether or not the sociological effects of abortion are so negative that it needs to be banned, and my answer to this is no. We have regulations in place to discourage people from committing things like murder and rape because we can very effectively measure the consequences of those actions on society. The same can't be said about abortion. Regardless of your personal feelings about it, the fact remains that it just isn't hurting anybody on a large enough scale to so adamantly protest it.

Personally, if I ever found myself in a situation where I had a woman carrying my unwanted child, I would do everything I could to talk her out of the idea of getting an abortion. In principle, I dislike the idea, and I hold myself to moral standards that most pro-lifers would find very noble. That is my decision. Not yours, not the governments. Mine. Allowing people to run their own lives even though you may not agree with all of the choices they make, but understanding that unless they are directly reducing your quality of life, you have no right to bitch and whine...that is the true meaning of personal responsibility. You know, that thing you sanctimonious, bedwetting right-wing assholes are always talking about, but without having the faintest idea of what it actually is.

C

Crossroads

You guys are looking way too deep into this, on both sides of the issue. Fuck ethics, what about freedom? The question should not be whether or not abortion is right or wrong -- that is totally irrelevant. The real issue of whether or not the sociological effects of abortion are so negative that it needs to be banned, and my answer to this is no. We have regulations in place to discourage people from committing things like murder and rape because we can very effectively measure the consequences of those actions on society. The same can't be said about abortion. Regardless of your personal feelings about it, the fact remains that it just isn't hurting anybody on a large enough scale to so adamantly protest it.

Personally, if I ever found myself in a situation where I had a woman carrying my unwanted child, I would do everything I could to talk her out of the idea of getting an abortion. In principle, I dislike the idea, and I hold myself to moral standards that most pro-lifers would find very noble. That is my decision. Not yours, not the governments. Mine. Allowing people to run their own lives even though you may not agree with all of the choices they make, but understanding that unless they are directly reducing your quality of life, you have no right to bitch and whine...that is the true meaning of personal responsibility. You know, that thing you sanctimonious, bedwetting right-wing assholes are always talking about, but without having the faintest idea of what it actually is.

I feel like you're lying about the whole not wanting an abortion thing.
Ya know, you sure you don't know anyone who had one, or convinced a family member, girlfriend, (hey maybe she's both) to have one?

Ventux

Phoenix said:
Pft. Once we agree on when does personhood start, everything else falls into place.

Will that ever happen? I don't think so, at least if you're considering it to be before birth. People will always have differing opinions, some will think it is at conception, some will think it is when the brain (or the heart, or the nervous system) appears, some will think it is at birth, and so on. I personally think it begins at birth, because the baby is a separate entity.
Even if a proper measurement is made, what does that mean? A fetus can only experience a small fraction of the pain of a fully developed human, only a small fraction of the thought process, etc. Its personhood "level" would be very, very low, lower than a human vegetable or a "lesser" mammal.

Azrael said:
As long as it's before six months, then go ahead on all circumstances. After then no.

That seems to be far too strict a time period to me.

KaiSparda1018

Website
www.myspace.com
I think as long as someone doesn't have the attitude "Meh. I don't want a baby." abortion is fine. I think that the purpose of abortions should be if there is a high likelihood that the mother or baby will get hurt/die in childbirth or while carrying the baby, if the baby was conceived as the result of rape, or if no one is able to financially support the child.

Ventux

KaiSparda1018 said:
I think as long as someone doesn't have the attitude "Meh. I don't want a baby." abortion is fine.

I don't think it's possible to properly measure a woman's reasoning for an abortion. She might be thinking "I don't want my life to be ruined.", but that might qualify under your so-called "attitude".
Her intent is really none of our business.

A

Azrael

Will that ever happen? I don't think so, at least if you're considering it to be before birth. People will always have differing opinions, some will think it is at conception, some will think it is when the brain (or the heart, or the nervous system) appears, some will think it is at birth, and so on. I personally think it begins at birth, because the baby is a separate entity.
Even if a proper measurement is made, what does that mean? A fetus can only experience a small fraction of the pain of a fully developed human, only a small fraction of the thought process, etc. Its personhood "level" would be very, very low, lower than a human vegetable or a "lesser" mammal.

That seems to be far too strict a time period to me.

It's a pretty long amount of time to suck out a human being. Me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back