• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Abortion Exception

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. If you give the unborn baby all those rights, you take away rights of the mother. The mother doesn't want the baby. You are forcing her to give birth to it. You are basically putting it above the mother. I do tend to think the mother is higher on the ladder than the fetus.

Not necciseraly. Look the mother does not have to raise the baby. She can put it up for adoption and move on with her life. Sure she will have to give birth but why can't she make a compromise so the baby can live? We let the baby live, the mother moves on with her life and everyone is happy. I don't see why we can't find some kind of agreement?

See the question comes down to is someone's wants higher than another's life? Of course not. Look I am trying to be understanding of the woman but I care about the baby and I am trying to find common ground with the pro-choice people so we can both get what we want.

Let's try to come up with ideas on how we can let the baby live but not force the mother to have to raise it.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Again, I feel like you do not know how a female thinks or feels. You assume the fact that all women would want to give birth. But that is entirely false. She aborts because she doesn't want to give birth. Notice the verb. She does not want to go through that process because it is stressful and painful. Who wants to go through all that pain to just give the child up? Add in the fact she will think of that child for the rest of her life, wondering if it is still alive, how it is doing, and such.

I am not saying there are no mental side effects with abortion. Women generally are depressed on the day they aborted because it is a very stressful experience.

Awards
I'm not even going to bother trying anymore. Memory Master is dangerously unstable; we all know this. And anyway, this thread has strayed quite a bit from the subject it was originally intended to cover. If I didn't think it was going to be fun to watch MM and Sarah duke it out, it would be closed by now...

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The way I see it, there are exceptions for a reason to get an abortion. I wouldn't get one, but if these reasons were given, I wouldn't judge them wrongly at all. I have no idea what I'm going to start when saying all this. But I do believe that it's a matter of choice. Her body, her life. Adoption is a nice choice, yeah.
world's getting too crowded anyway.

Reason 1: Rape. ESPECIALLY if it's under the age of 18. Not only is that a fuckload of emotional torment just to even look at the child afterwards but who knows what diseases the man had that could transfer over. I don't see a girl being able to go through with that peacefully without some damage being done.

Reason 2: Money. If you're not able to support yourself, let alone a child with clothes, toys, diapers, formula, crib, eventually school, I think the option for an abortion should be possible. A quicker death compared to an even more painful death or loss of the child due to the government taking them away. Once the thing is born, a mother is attached to that sucker. That's why a lot of mothers back out of giving a child away for adoption, too, sometimes screwing themselves and the child over.

Reason 3: Underage. This one is tricky because in all honesty and my personal opinion, I don't think girls should even be giving blowjobs at 15 or younger. It's just going to lead to something stupid. However, even though they're idiots, the option I think should be open only because the girl's body is not physical ready for birthing a baby. Generally speaking, girls usually just start puberty around 12 to 15. Some even later than that. If their hips aren't even widening out yet or if they don't even have that much hip to give in the first place it could result in a lot of damage endangering both her and the baby. It could lead to a miscarriage or a premature birth or who knows what. Plus, a lot of teenagers still don't know that much about pregnancy like what to eat, what to drink (caffeine intake is apparently HUGE.), what pills to take (like they read the side of the bottle. if they read correctly, they would know that a condom doesn't work sometimes even if it is used properly which I doubt their 15 year old boyfriend knew, too.) and what to do when the thing is actually being born. It's scary shit. This also links to reason 2. Money. A teenager, unless helped by other people and possibly her parents (if they don't give up on her, of course.) she's literally fucked over.

in other news, i have no fuckin' clue what i'm talking about. go on with your discussion.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Again, I feel like you do not know how a female thinks or feels. You assume the fact that all women would want to give birth. But that is entirely false. She aborts because she doesn't want to give birth. Notice the verb. She does not want to go through that process because it is stressful and painful. Who wants to go through all that pain to just give the child up? Add in the fact she will think of that child for the rest of her life, wondering if it is still alive, how it is doing, and such.

I am not saying there are no mental side effects with abortion. Women generally are depressed on the day they aborted because it is a very stressful experience.

Again though this simply satisfies one side. The mother gets her way and the pro-choice people get their way. But the Pro-Life people are still sad and the baby is dead.

Look I know their is no easy solution for this but when a mother aborts she is mentaly and emotionaly hurt and the baby is dead so both sides have lost. Either way the mother is going to be mentaly and emotionaly hurt but atleast with adoption the baby wont die.

I can't know how a female thinks because i'm a guy but I am trying to reach a compromise, the best way I can.

Let me give you a quote from the very kind, nobel peace prize wining Mother Teresa, "We will never have world peace till we get rid of abortion." Now i'm sure you know who Mother Teresa is. She was a good woman.

If we can come together as people i'm sure we can figure out a way to solve this issue. Let's create some kind of way to fix this. Please don't accept things as they are, let's work together on this.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Damnit didn't we put this subject to rest AGES ago?

Look I know their is no easy solution for this but when a mother aborts she is mentaly and emotionaly hurt and the baby is dead so both sides have lost. Either way the mother is going to be mentaly and emotionaly hurt but atleast with adoption the baby wont die.

Not necessarily, some actually don't mind or even care about the fact they just had an abortion. Yes anguish, sorrow etc does follow most abortions, but it's not solely responsible for a woman's scorn. Having an abortion can be just as bad as giving a child away to another family or foster home. And if you take other factors into account, the child still has a possibility of dying. For that matter, we're all just slowly creeping our way to our eventual death. But that's besides the point I suppose.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Again though this simply satisfies one side. The mother gets her way and the pro-choice people get their way. But the Pro-Life people are still sad and the baby is dead.

I can't know how a female thinks because i'm a guy but I am trying to reach a compromise, the best way I can.

Let me give you a quote from the very kind, nobel peace prize wining Mother Teresa, "We will never have world peace till we get rid of abortion." Now i'm sure you know who Mother Teresa is. She was a good woman.

If we can come together as people i'm sure we can figure out a way to solve this issue. Let's create some kind of way to fix this. Please don't accept things as they are, let's work together on this.

World peace is a shame and you know it. No one will ever agree with each other on everything. You are trying to please everyone. Read up on an Aesop classic tale The Man, the Boy, and the Donkey. A good lesson is learned from that.

But Sam is eventually right. Back on topic, rape. I think some pro-life people say rape is an exception because it is rape. The act is not of both consents so it would be cruel to force a woman to give birth to a product of rape. She never agreed to make a baby so no one should expect her to have one.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Reason 1: Rape. ESPECIALLY if it's under the age of 18. Not only is that a fuckload of emotional torment just to even look at the child afterwards but who knows what diseases the man had that could transfer over. I don't see a girl being able to go through with that peacefully without some damage being done.

Even if the girl was raped she would still go through torment either way. The emotions are not just going to go away after you give up the baby.No, they are going to stay there forever. Abortion is not going to solve any of your problems really. It might just make things worse knowing you just killed something that could have lived . Its something that going to be forever etched in your head no matter how much physiological help you get. I mean really, does killing something even if you never asked for it sound right to you. Is it really going to make all the problems go away.Though your right about the diseases part but that is just going to be with you either way if the baby is kept or not. Its not going to only be with the baby but with the person who is conceiving the baby too.

Awards
Arguing whether or not abortion is right or wrong is totally different than debating whether or not abortion should be legal or illegal, and one does not affect the other at all. Just throwing that out there.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
World peace is a shame and you know it. No one will ever agree with each other on everything. You are trying to please everyone. Read up on an Aesop classic tale The Man, the Boy, and the Donkey. A good lesson is learned from that.

But Sam is eventually right. Back on topic, rape. I think some pro-life people say rape is an exception because it is rape. The act is not of both consents so it would be cruel to force a woman to give birth to a product of rape. She never agreed to make a baby so no one should expect her to have one.

Alright I see I will get nowhere with trying to compromise with anyone on this thread so I am respectfully dropping out of this debate and I would have expected Sam to show a little more respect, as I have not shouted nor stepped out of line once tonight.

I did come up with one idea though, perhaps we could remove the baby when it's not too developed and make sure this procedure is not too painful for the mother then place the baby in an artifical womb or if another woman is willing transplant it in her woman.

In other words a Baby transplant, it might work and it's worth a try.

But I will now respectfully step out of this debate, thank you for your time and attention.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Even if the girl was raped she would still go through torment either way. The emotions are not just going to go away after you give up the baby.No, they are going to stay there forever. Abortion is not going to solve any of your problems really. It might just make things worse knowing you just killed something that could have lived .

Why endure more emotional discomfort then need be? Why should one carry a child that wasn't consensually conceived? There's no real reasoning behind that if you really think about it for a minute. Ok, I can see someone valuing a life BUT why should a rape victim not be given a choice like every other American to abort their child?

And it is a solution in a sense, but I can however agree that the feelings never truly disappear. You can say the same of when you lose someone dear to you like a close relative and the like.

Awards
I would have expected Sam to show a little more respect

Why would I show respect to somebody with idiotic ideas that openly seeks to stifle my freedom because of their personal opinions, which are not based on anything factual to begin with? Respect is earned, not given.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Even if the girl was raped she would still go through torment either way. The emotions are not just going to go away after you give up the baby.No, they are going to stay there forever. Abortion is not going to solve any of your problems really. It might just make things worse knowing you just killed something that could have lived . Its something that going to be forever etched in your head no matter how much physiological help you get. I mean really, does killing something even if you never asked for it sound right to you. Is it really going to make all the problems go away.Though your right about the diseases part but that is just going to be with you either way if the baby is kept or not. Its not going to only be with the baby but with the person who is conceiving the baby too.

Sure, it isn't going to magically go away but it will go easier in my view. I don't see why a girl has to raise a baby that she didn't ask for with that much emotional torment involved, too.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
In your view, yes it might seem to go easier, but in my view it seems that it will make things go worse. But we all gave different opinions. I guess the best answer we can get is from people who truly had abortions from being raped and people who conceived a baby from being raped.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I did come up with one idea though, perhaps we could remove the baby when it's not too developed and make sure this procedure is not too painful for the mother then place the baby in an artifical womb or if another woman is willing transplant it in her woman.

In other words a Baby transplant, it might work and it's worth a try.

You don't know how babies are made, obviously. The amount of time it's away from the umbilical cord that's developed with the baby could be deadly to it. I'm not even sure that could be possible for it to reconnect. You'd pretty much be starving it of nutrients and air. Slow deaths are fun, right?

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
In your view, yes it might seem to go easier, but in my view it seems that it will make things go worse. But we all gave different opinions. I guess the best answer we can get is from people who truly had abortions from being raped and people who conceived a baby from being raped.

We could always get someone to rape you and see if your opinion changes. But that is completely impossible.

Simply put, keep personal beliefs out of other people's lives. What a woman does with her body is no one's problem but her own.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Wait don't they already have test tube babies? Why not do that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back