• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Abortion Exception

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventux

Azrael said:
It's a pretty long amount of time to suck out a human being. Me thinks.

I don't see how you can set a restriction, considering that things can come up during development which could harm the mother or cause the child to suffer in life.

KaiSparda1018

Website
www.myspace.com
I don't think it's possible to properly measure a woman's reasoning for an abortion. She might be thinking "I don't want my life to be ruined.", but that might qualify under your so-called "attitude".
Her intent is really none of our business.

I can see where you are coming from. But I just think since there are so many women who would do anything to have a child of their own, I know I myself would not be able to get an abortion unless I had a really good reason. And I know for a fact that I never want to have children. I would just give the kid up to a family that wants it. And yes, I know that some people wouldn't want to risk getting attached to the child. That's jsut the way I see it. I don't waste anything. Food, clothes, paper, babies. Instead of throwing it away,give it to someone that wants it. But like I said, if a woman got raped, and it would be too painful to have the spawn of her rapist growing inside of her, then that is a damn good reason to get an abortion.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
You guys are looking way too deep into this, on both sides of the issue. Fuck ethics, what about freedom? The question should not be whether or not abortion is right or wrong -- that is totally irrelevant. The real issue of whether or not the sociological effects of abortion are so negative that it needs to be banned, and my answer to this is no. We have regulations in place to discourage people from committing things like murder and rape because we can very effectively measure the consequences of those actions on society. The same can't be said about abortion. Regardless of your personal feelings about it, the fact remains that it just isn't hurting anybody on a large enough scale to so adamantly protest it.

Personally, if I ever found myself in a situation where I had a woman carrying my unwanted child, I would do everything I could to talk her out of the idea of getting an abortion. In principle, I dislike the idea, and I hold myself to moral standards that most pro-lifers would find very noble. That is my decision. Not yours, not the governments. Mine. Allowing people to run their own lives even though you may not agree with all of the choices they make, but understanding that unless they are directly reducing your quality of life, you have no right to bitch and whine...that is the true meaning of personal responsibility. You know, that thing you sanctimonious, bedwetting right-wing assholes are always talking about, but without having the faintest idea of what it actually is.

I have to admit that when i hear about someone who has an abortion, or know someone who has one, my mind is at unease. I am pro-choice though, and i also believe that ppl have the freedom to do whatever they want with their body.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Here's a good question. What if scientific community came out tomorrow with proof that life begins at conception? That the baby was human at the moment of conception? What if they found proof of that?

What would society now have to do?

KaiSparda1018

Website
www.myspace.com
I was more talking about implanting someone's fertilized eggs into an infertile person. Because I don't agree with sending a child to an orphanage. But I get it, upon revisiting my post I sound kinda like a douche, "oh whatever, give it away now". I come from an area where a lot of teenage girls get pregnant, and they don't have the luxury of just getting rid of the evidence of their mistake and acting like it never happened. So, that too makes it unfair that some can just go and get abortions, while others can't. Trust me, I am pro-choice. But I have very conflicting views on the issue. I don't think that abortion is murder, but I know girls that have unprotected sex all the time and just say "evs, I'll just get an abortion". I just think that people shouldn't misuse their right to have abortions.

Awards
Here's a good question. What if scientific community came out tomorrow with proof that life begins at conception? That the baby was human at the moment of conception? What if they found proof of that?

What would society now have to do?

The scientific community is capable of determining right now that life begins BEFORE conception. Every single sperm and egg cell in each of our bodies is very much alive. So what? Does that mean that a child is conceived when you're just thinking about fucking somebody?

No, that isn't a good question at all. A very poorly thought out question, actually. Haven't you learned your lesson about debating abortion yet?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
The scientific community is capable of determining right now that life begins BEFORE conception. Every single sperm and egg cell in each of our bodies is very much alive. So what? Does that mean that a child is conceived when you're just thinking about fucking somebody?

No, that isn't a good question at all. A very poorly thought out question, actually. Haven't you learned your lesson about debating abortion yet?

Let me put it another way, what if science found proof it was human at the moment of conception? What would society have to do then?

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Let me put it another way, what if science found proof it was human at the moment of conception? What would society have to do then?

Nothing? Humans are capable of killing humans we can point at and say its human. Labeling a fetus as human isn't going to change anything. It is still considered an unwanted lump of cells.

Awards

...it IS human at the moment of conception, and even before the point of conception as I stated above. Biologically, it is 100% human, albeit not fully developed.

But it isn't a person. It has no thoughts, no relationships, no ability to consciously manipulate its environment. Science has proven this as well.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
...it IS human at the moment of conception, and even before the point of conception as I stated above. Biologically, it is 100% human, albeit not fully developed.

But it isn't a person. It has no thoughts, no relationships, no ability to consciously manipulate its environment. Science has proven this as well.

Well since you agree it's human then that is all that matters to me. If it's human then it has a right to live.

Awards
Well since you agree it's human then that is all that matters to me. If it's human then it has a right to live.

And you're entitled to that opinion. But it is just that; an opinion, and one that you shouldn't vote on. You can make the decision not to have an abortion for yourself, but when you elect people for public office that want to hold an entire society to that same unwavering, puritanical moral standard, we have a problem, and that problem is that you are trying to control my life.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Says who? The mother has a choice to give birth to it or not. Where does it say that everyone has a right to be born?

Well if it's human born or not then it has the right to live, because all people are endowed by their creator the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

If we agree it's human then regardless if the mother wants to give birth or not, the constitution protects the Baby's right to live. That basic right to live over powers the wishes of the mother according to the constitution.

Now let me make this clear, I am not for the mother being forced to raise her child but I believe that we should reach a compromise.

We ban abortion except in the case that the mother's life is in danger then we take all the money that was used for abortions and put them into adoption agencies to improve them for women to give their babies if they do not want them.

In a way this would only be elimenating one choice, the mother would still have the choice to raise it or give it up. So in this way both pro-choice and pro-life people get their way. The pro-choice people get their way because the mother doesn't have to raise the child and the pro-life people get their way because the baby gets to live.

Now why can't we come to a compromise instead of one side saying their must be abortion and another side saying the mother must raise the child.

I'm trying to be respectful and come to a solution for this problem.

And you're entitled to that opinion. But it is just that; an opinion, and one that you shouldn't vote on. You can make the decision not to have an abortion for yourself, but when you elect people for public office that want to hold an entire society to that same unwavering, puritanical moral standard, we have a problem, and that problem is that you are trying to control my life.

This is America and if I want to vote for a pro-life canidate that will protect the rights of the unborn then I will.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Abortion is wrong in all ways.
Its not humane to kill things when it is made out of your own flesh and blood.
Our standards are so fucked up nowadays.
Seriously, when has it ever been right to kill anything, especially when it is human and it is a living breathing thing.
Who wants to be labeled baby killer for the rest of their life because that's whats happening.
If you kill a baby that is automatically considered murder, no doubt about it.
I very much dislike the idea of abortion.
If you never wanted the baby in the first place then you should have kept your damn legs closed in the first place.
If its rape then that is a whole other story but either way the baby deserves the chance to live. Everything has the right to live no matter how big or small.
Damn, I sound like Dr. Seuss.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Well if it's human born or not then it has the right to live, because all people are endowed by their creator the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

If we agree it's human then regardless if the mother wants to give birth or not, the constitution protects the Baby's right to live. That basic right to live over powers the wishes of the mother according to the constitution.

Now let me make this clear, I am not for the mother being forced to raise her child but I believe that we should reach a compromise.

We ban abortion except in the case that the mother's life is in danger then we take all the money that was used for abortions and put them into adoption agencies to improve them for women to give their babies if they do not want them.

In a way this would only be elimenating one choice, the mother would still have the choice to raise it or give it up. So in this way both pro-choice and pro-life people get their way. The pro-choice people get their way because the mother doesn't have to raise the child and the pro-life people get their way because the baby gets to live.

Now why can't we come to a compromise instead of one side saying their must be abortion and another side saying the mother must raise the child.

This is America and if I want to vote for a pro-life canidate that will protect the rights of the unborn then I will.

You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. If you give the unborn baby all those rights, you take away rights of the mother. The mother doesn't want the baby. You are forcing her to give birth to it. You are basically putting it above the mother. I do tend to think the mother is higher on the ladder than the fetus.

Awards

I have covered the difference between a human and a person for you like fifty fucking times. You just don't get it, do you?

No it doesn't. You cannot assume that the preamble of the constitution takes priority over everything that follows it, like you know, the right to privacy.

The money that is used for abortions is almost always privately owned, where as the money that is funneled into adoption programs comes from tax dollars. You have no idea what you're talking about.

You do realize that when a woman gives birth her body is subjected to permanent physiological changes, right?

You're failing.

Okay, but this is America, so if I want to beat the shit out of you for taking actions to limit my freedom then I will.

If you never wanted the baby in the first place then you should have kept your damn legs closed in the first place.

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
for all of you who say abortion is wrong because it's killing a potential human being:

the real menace is nocturnal emissions

think of all those sperms who die because your dick just does it for the fuck of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back