• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Solace In Night [RP Thread]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Disney Castle - Throne Room

The sound of footsteps echoed throughout the large room. The source was the Emperor himself, who was pacing back and forth impatiently. "S-sir?" A shaky feminine voice broke the audible pattern of steps, echoing until it faded away, replaced again by the steps. This voice belonged to a young woman adorned in a maid's uniform. She wasn't an actual maid, at least when she first joined the Empire she wasn't. This is what happened when Ryoko took a liking to 'cute' female soldiers. She wouldn't dare take the embarrassing ensemble off least she be clothed in a coating of her own blood, or worse, Ryoko's blood.

The Emperor didn't seem to hear her, hardly even acknowledging her presence. It took a mountain of courage just for her to speak once, she wasn't sure if he took offense to it, just the thought was enough to keep her quiet. He was clearly thinking hard about something, something that since she had entered the room had been on his mind for at least two hours. She was beginning to wonder why he called her here in the first place. She knew he was the Emperor and all, but she had things to do today. If she didn't keep Ryoko's room spotless, feed her fish, keep watch over her online auctions, there was no telling what would become of her.

"Catherine." A low resounding man's voice spoke, causing her to jump in surprise. The Emperor had stopped pacing, and was now standing right in front of her. At such a close proximity her chest tightened, it was as if her heart were trying to leap out of her chest and away from the darkness seeping from him.

"Y-y-y-y-YES SIR!?" She stumbled on her words, fighting the urge to step back.

"You will give a message to those stationed on Radiant Garden, there has been a change of plans and they will be quite busy soon." He opened a portal to Ryoko's position inside the Radiant Garden factory...

~~~

Radiant Garden - Abandoned Factory

"Twilight Town, Why do we have to go that disgustingly bright town?" Ryoko questioned curiously, the low hum of machinery rumbling from all sides of the room. Metal pipes and grates adorned nearly every foot of this building. Something was still running deep in the bowels, the constant rhythm of shaking metal was a reminder of that. There were no rooms made for the convenience of one's comfort, Ryoko had to make do with a lone stool as a chair. Her servant Catherine was standing behind her, brushing her hair as she was told to do the moment she arrived. Ryoko always got a kick out of forcing her to tend to her. Catherine always expected her to punish her for the smallest of mistakes. She was squirmy when nervous and she found that adorable.

"The Emperor wants a multitude of capable personal to comb the world for a particular individual. A Pure of Heart he says." Catherine stopped combing Ryoko's hair as she heard a sinister chuckle come from the woman. "Master Ryoko?..." She spoke, unaware of why she would find her statement amusing. Ryoko stood to her feet, facing her with a sly smirk.

"Oh nothing dear... Nothing at all." She waved the inquiry away, then taking out a cell phone. She sent a text message to the high ranking soldiers, including Nomis, Salforge, FLLFFL, Jaakuna, Ciel, Joseph, and Spirit.

I've received an order from the Emperor. We are to leave Radiant Garden and go to Twilight Town. Our objective is to find and capture a Pure of Heart. It will be difficult to find her by blindly searching. While one may be able to sense the absence of darkness in her heart, there is a better way to locate her. A keywielder. Twilight Town has yet to be taken over by the Empire, so there's no doubt that there is at least one in hiding there. The key will show the way to the Pure of Heart, as they are connected.

Putting her cell phone away she made her way to the exit, leaving Catherine to make her way back to Disney Castle.

Last edited:

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, where exactly are we heading to? I know that we’re not just walking for the sake of enjoying the fresh air…right?” Jaakua questioned the older man, causing Nomis to laugh a little to himself as loud noises of the crowded streets soon had given way to absolute silence, except for the two’s footsteps on the ground.

The long path seemed to stretch on for quite a while, with only the large manor in the distance being any sort of landmark or even sign of life that lived outside of the city itself. As he continued to walk with Jaakuna, Nomis momentarily raised his cane high from the ground, pointing to the huge house with its equally impressive wall.

I have need to speak with the good Doctor. There is a rather new theory I believe he would find quite intriguing. Do not worry, it will not take long.” Said Nomis as he smirked, continuing to walk with Jaakuna until finally the two reached the spread open gates and the final path that lead to the manor itself.

Glancing to one of the vehicles that were parked outside the house was the first thing that had Nomis curious. Even from a considerable distance, the older man could tell it was an ambulance of some sort. And when the doors to the home of the Doctor were flung open and two men with a stretcher came out with what was clearly a body, Nomis sighed to himself annoyingly.

While the thought of what must have occurred was still running through his mind the man still headed straight for the home itself, even when the doors to the ambulance were closed and the vehicle already leaving the grounds.

I do not believe we will have long to wait at all.” Nomis said to Jaakuna, his voice sounding just a hint of annoyance as he glared at the approaching guard rushing up towards the two.

I-I’m sorry Lord Clacverk. We only found out this morning. D-Doctor Atomos i-is…

Dead? Yes I am quite capable of deducing that from what I have seen.” Spoke Nomis harshly, causing the colour to drain from the guard’s face as he fumbled with his words again.

S-S-Sorry Lord Clacverk!! I didn’t m-mean to i-i-imply!” The guard continued to stutter and panic, fidgeting in place clearly very nervous and only stopping and standing perfectly still once Nomis briefly raised his hand to him.

Take me to his quarters. I wish to see the damage.

I…I don’t know if that would be such a good idea, L-Lord Clacverk…

Taking a step towards the guard, the cane wielding man was soon standing face to face with him, staring at him just barely above the glasses he wore.

It would be in your best interests to take us. With the good Doctor deceased, it will only be a matter of time until you will need new employment, correct? And I usually have such a hard time finding capable guards. It would be good to not have that annoyance for once, yes?” Said Nomis, his smirk returning which seemed to spread to the guard himself, causing him to smile and nod, understand what Nomis was implying.

Yes my Lord. Right this way, please.” And with that, the guard quickly turned straight around and began to march back to the house, with Nomis and Jaakuna behind him.

The hallways under the manor were as spotless as ever, hiding the fact that anything as gruesome as a murder ever took place within them. The deeper they went, the more everything began to look similar until finally the hallways looked almost identical to one they would have just left behind.

Soon they arrived to the blood splattered room, clearly no attempt was made to clean up anything as the once sterile study was littered with deliberately destroyed equipment and notes, some torn to shreds while others appeared to be burned to cinders leaving only charred remains behind.

Running his metal covered hand along the table the Doctor must have been beside, judging by the blood stains soaking its surface and floor. Nomis’ finger trailed over a few of the burned books, sliding each one off the other to see the next one below it, even going so far as to pick up a few and flip casually through it, his back to the door and everyone there.

Quite the butcher our murderer is, wouldn’t you agree?” Said Nomis as he flipped through one of the least damaged notebooks, before he reached into his coat along with it, once hearing the familiar buzzing of a message being received.

As his metal covered hand returned from the confines of his coat with the little phone, the older man let out a small laugh as he read the message to himself silently.

Appears we are to go on a hunt. A very fascinating and intriguing prey is on offer for us.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
10 minutes had seem to pass as Shizuka and Taka had left the train station. Effectively they had ended up upon a small park, sitting in front of the pond that rested in the middle. It wasn't that popular of a spot but, there were children running around. It was nice to hear the laughter of kids, to hear those that weren't worried about the Empire and just living their life. Something Taka never got to do and it sorta got to him. His past was never one full of clowning around but, instead constant training to be the warrior that he was today. He would never take that back but, he did always to atleast have to go down a slide once in his life. The silence was daunting between Shizuka and Taka so, he decided to be out of the ordinary.

"so what made you decide to join us?" Taka asked whilst holding on to his scarf.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Jaakuna didn’t really care about the manor that he and Nomis were heading to, but it was better than nothing . When the two of them arrived at the Manor, and went inside to see the great doctor. Doctor Atomos was murdered, and it wasn’t a clean murder either. Based on the amount of blood on the walls of the now deceased doctor’s corridors, Jaakuna was extremely happy. Yup, that’s right; he’s happy. Anyone who knows Jaakuna’s wicked, crazy side, they know that he gets a rush from seeing blood, and if a murder scene is beyond sane, then he just enters his “happy place”.

Nomis went into his investigative mindset, and began examining each possible clue that there could or could not be, depending on what there is. He started with the metal and then just traced in what he thought the occurrence of events, and Jaakuna just stood there, out of the way, admiring the work that the murderer took into killing the doctor very gruesomely.

“Quite the butcher our murderer is, wouldn’t you agree?”

Nomis made a comment about the murderer’s style, and Jaakuna couldn’t agree more. “I must meet this guy. He and I would definitely get along.” Jaakuna commented back, obviously agreeing, but in his own way.

Jaakuna would have commented a bit more, but then he got a text message on his cellphone. He took it out of his jacket pocket, and opened up the text message. It read about some nonsense that Jaakuna skimmed through, but the mentioning of Twilight Town and that all Empire elites are to go there instantly. That was enough for Jaakuna to change his focus. It was at that same moment that Nomis too was checking his phone, and made a mention that the hunt is on.

“yes, let us go to Twilight Town. It sure beats this dump.”

- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -

Cerden had followed his brother Nomis, and his blonde-haired partner all over town until they came to some fancy manor that seemed heavily guarded by guards. Cerden would definitely have a bit of fun getting passed each, and every guard. His only problem was to force his way in, or should he sneak in while still maintaining a tail on Nomis and his partner.

After Cerden thought about it for a few minutes, he thought it would be best if he just snuck in. Through that way he wouldn’t attract much attention, and it would make him tailing Nomis all the more easier for him.

When Cerden found his way into the Manor, he easily found himself back on the trail of Nomis as he heard his brother’s voice from a room not too far off from his current location. Tracing Nomis’ voice, he found that his brother, the blonde stranger, and some other Empire guards were in a room that was covered in burns, and piles upon piles of blood.

Cerden didn’t want to be spotted, so he was quietly peeking from the wall to the left that had the doorway into the bloodied room. He overheard Nomis talk about how the killer whoever did what he did to the room was quite the butcher. He was probably saying that to his partner, who, based on what Cerden was noticing, was admiring the blood and how violent the room was. Cerden didn’t understand that, but he thought It was best to think about that, but instead listen more on what Nomis was saying.

So that’s where their heading. Cerden pondered on the thought that the Empire was heading to Twilight Town. He did know that Twilight Town was one of the few worlds that The Empire hasn’t got their grummy little paws on. Better get my ass out of here As soon as Cerden decided to get out, he was going to head out the same way he came in, but that would soon prove to be futile as he would be seen by some guards.

“INTRU---” The one guard didn’t have the time to shout out the full word as Cerden had used his ability of Glass Manipulation to gather silicon out from the ground which had traces of it, which he molded into Glass Daggers, which he was holding one in a reverse grip. He then sliced open the Guard’s throat in one strike with one of the two daggers, and in a rotating, clockwise motion, he stabbed into the open throat hole.

It’s true that the guard was dead, but the thump that the body made on the ground signaled the others, but more importantly, Jaakuna.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just as everything was finishing up, Jaakuna wondered off into the hallway which he was just in time to see that some old man was gruesomely killing a guard, which Jaakuna found extremely entertaining.

“Old man Nomis, get over here. I think I just found our killer.”

Last edited:

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
Gray, withered ashes fell and scattered into the breeze as the paper burned. Whatever that letter held of words or revelations was gone without a single trace in the wind, lost out of anyone's knowledge. Not that Ciel could forget what she had read within. She stood there across the bridge's rail, from her favorite spot across Radient Garden, watching the remains of the fragile paper fall towards the serene river and scatter helplessly before they could touch the surface. In some form, she felt a slight sadness and worry knotting in her chest. Her face might have been an impenetrable mask, but the calm storm thundering in her blues said it all. Why did he have to trust her this much? She haven't done anything or gave him any reason to put any such faith in her. She didn't deserve it. He should have known better than to put his confidence in her, especially after he revealed his true intents. Of all the people, he could have put his belief in, and he chose her. Why would you expect any goodness out of me? I would only --

She sighed, stepping away from the Bridge's rail and her despondent reflection. She knew that there was nothing she could do about it now. That she had unintentionally stepped past that invisible line that told you there was no way back. It wasn't something she could back out of, or simply unravel its doings. Even if she could, would she? It was already too late, either ways she would deal with it her own way. Thoughts but settled, path but decided, Ciel's usual self resurfaced once again. Flicking away a couple of stray strands to the side, she turned around and resumed her walk towards the Base's destruction site. She had to check if they have salvaged anything of importance yet from the wreckage, any pointer or trail whatsoever that would lead them to the Unbound Hearts.

Unlike how she left it the night before, the scene was quieter now and there was a dominating sense of orderliness weaving among those who worked through the wreckage. Well, that is a definite improvement over the chaos of yesterday. A few words with one of the commanding officers updated her on all she needed to know for the current situation. Basically, nothing was left, unsurprisingly. Damages as stated in the morning reports were severe, rendering nothing of the Base usable anymore. Not even the lower levels spared any semi-functioning machinery. A hard blow to the R&D department. Knowing Dr. Atomos, he wouldn't be the least happy about that, Ciel thought almost mockingly. She didn't try to hide the fact that she hated the guy, and on a not so subtle level, she felt a slight satisfaction from yesterday's incident if it served to annoy Mr. Bloody Sneer.

She was about to leave when she spotted Joseph and Spirit on the other side of the wreckage, inspecting the rubble and sharing silent glances. Those two, Ciel thought, always distinguished themselves from the others, and their bond together was...well, different than the usual. It was apparent they went a long way together, in truth Ciel didn't really care about the specifics of their past, however, their familiarity made their partnership invaluable. Among, the ranks of the Imperials, those two were the most enigmatic.

"Found anything of interest?" Ciel asked, inclining her head casually into a greeting bow, as she approached the pair. Her gaze caught Spirit's own, and Ciel wondered of whatever happened to Spirit that would give a child in her age these eyes. Her wondering seemed to linger on the edges of bitterness, as she realized that this wasn't supposed to be a gaze in a child's eyes, and that this wasn't supposed to be a child's place. And yet, there she was, the youngest member of the Imperials, standing right in front of her.

"According to the last scan done by Nomis's team, nothing much was found through the scene that would help us catch the Unbound Hearts..." She dropped her gaze towards the scene of the destroyed base, kicking nonchalantly a small pebble next to her boot.

"Do you think their attack had any ulterior motives Mr. Joseph? or was it just a random strike against us?" She questioned, without averting her gaze from the scene. It was time they actually gave the Unbound Hearts their undivided attention, at least in level of threat. First things first, she needed to know how the rest of the generals viewed the Rebels, depending on their answers, their perspective would alter.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
The violent sounds of slashing occurred in brief pauses of a voice talking.

"We're unique because neither can grip us, but if we remember what gives us substance. We'll succumb to the equation once again"

Alfa reeled, with a concussive force across Salforge's back. A quick turn as he forced a powerful round house push of flames that expedited from the valve on his sword. Blowing the red-eyed mercenary into an oncoming wall. The swordsman stood up, reaching for is breast. He could feel a heart there now, where it was renounced years ago, it was quite alive, almost if he'd never lost it.

"Emotions are fruitless. Powerful at conveying an influence, a message, but a heart alone can be the undoing if it can be tainted. Stand up, dearest Salforge."

He felt his body pulse, the parameters of his dusklanzer were cracking frantically around his body working quick to repair themselves as the recoil bounced across the surface of their protection. The body felt much heavier, as if the nerves themselves were being over stimulated and he's suddenly feel as if he were going numb. Gripping his fist, his disposition was unchanged and he stood with a tight hold on his blade.

"The Unbound Hearts. Do you think they're adequate to the task at hand?"

"Their children, maybe it is beyond my understanding but children possessing hearts are even greater targets for possession by the presence of his Eminence. If they encounter Clement, O'nam, you or even Nomis and Jakuuna its surely the resurgence of their despair."

"Maybe if I kill them before you take out the emperor, that will move you to accelerate your operation."

Alfa let out a heinous, albeit cynical laugh. His sardony followed suite, "You think too much and feel too little. I actually pity you, not a heartless, not a nobody, just an empty shell with an artificial heart of steel. That is not an existence to morn or celebrate, just to see it as it is. A life." the swordsman brought his blade to his sheath, diminishing his arm's alchemy.

Salforge took a step, impaling his chest with his slim blackened blade as it receded into his body returning to its state as his artificial heart. His red eyes seemed to lock upon FLLFFL with intrigue as he pitched to him his philosophy of a steel heart's existence. As he approached his colleague he gave him his hand, a firm shake from even someone like Salforge himself.

"I've always been a man of my word haven't I?" A bit of monotony escaped his breath as he viewed everything as a process.

The mercenary dusted off his jacket, and felt the receeding of his dusklanzer feeling the impact of the flames from before. Salforge pulled up a reflective screen, about the size of a milimeter hovering in front of his left eye. This single block spun around, as if his body itself were a recording device. Replaying their conversations, with that of Lady Ciel and with Alfa just now. The shells could screen his experiences as they could capture, reflect, and refract light through their special make up. He shook his head just now, as his pocket began vibrating, Alfa's as well.

"Ryoko?"
"Ryoko?"

They said almost at the exact same time, pulling out their phones. A message, classic delivery, the reception across worlds must be a new thing.

"Looks as if we're being dispatched. I should probably find Lady Ciel before I make the trip."

"I think I should return to the castle, I never did report to the generals. I'll be behind you all soon." He lifted a hand casually and slipped away into the lanes between. The sigil of the empire he bore on his right thigh showed him the path to Disney Castle.

Now alone, Salforge took the time to himself. He approached the entrance to the castle itself and made his way inside. He reflected on the term elite he was a mere mercenary with unparalleled defensive powers, hardly an elite. In a display of haste, he simply just let himself go and cleared the hall in a burst of speed standing in the courtyard now. Continuing to move, he'd some deviant that he didn't recognize, mauling a guard to death. Without even moving, his eyes flickered and a barrier was cast ten feet wide, long, and high. Upon walking towards it, in the hall his vision expanded and he made note of Jakuuna and Nomis' presence.

"I take it you're investing time to catch this individual?" Salforge spoke in his normal tone, a lack of interest shown as he merely pointed to his catch behind the barrier without even looking, but eyes were on Jakuuna.

Awards
"I've got some things to get over and fast ..the kids, Dion ..the Empire ..all of it. It's a personal thing ..but it doesn't change the fact I'm still an ally in this fight."

Ace was getting a much clearer idea of who Connor was through his words. He was fairly modest, though Ace had doubts that he was aware of it. This was the second time that he had offered an apology when one really wasn't necessary. He was optimistic, and had given Ace just the answer he was hoping to get. He understood the importance of their work, and the sacrifices they may have to make. His opinion of the Empire worried him however. There was nothing wrong with being confident, however Connor had yet to see how cruel those monsters could be. People were still living out their lives of course, putting on smiles as best they could. It was a natural facade, nearly every person on this world went through their daily routine with the knowledge that they could be wiped out on a single whim from the Emperor. They were living in forced denial.

"Well I'm glad to hear that Connor, It's always nice to have reliable allies. And I'm sure you'll get over what's bugging you in time." Ace tried to sound cheerful but there was an obvious hint of bitterness to his tone. Thinking about the state of his home world brought up painful memories, namely the day the keyblade academy was attacked. Heartless covered the academy, plunging it into a cycle of screams and death. They only targeted those who were able to wield the key, feasting until their orchestrated massacre was complete and they vanished. His hands tightened into dense fists, he was useless that day, all he could do was grovel in anguish as those he cared for had their hearts torn a sunder. He had to make it right somehow.

"...We're here, the tower is up there." He didn't point to the building, it stood out enough to bring attention to it's self. The side looked normal enough, with a simple brick structure with windows placed accordingly. It was the complex of horizontal metal resting on the top that made it stand out. Steel poles and girders reached upwards to a point, with a shining round concave disk at the top.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
--------------------------------------------------------------

The various surviving books and notes appeared to be no more but a collection of scribbles and half-thoughts of a crazy person. With every few piles of the papers, Nomis would drop them back into place before continuing through another then another.

Having noticed Jaakuna leaving the room, most likely too excited with the prospect of how the murder had originally taken place, the older man still continued to comb through anything which survived destruction, blocking out any sort of noise from outside within the hallway, especially that of the fighting which was currently taking place.

Old man Nomis, get over here. I think I just found our killer.” Called out Jaakuna, causing some of the security from inside the study to rush out and help those that were being harmed, though Nomis still didn’t budge.

It was about a minute later when the man finally stepped out of the room and back into the hallway, in time to see those which had survived the attack were now limping or being helped away by some of the other security members. All this occuring while the intruder who caused such damage, was currently being held within the clear barrier brought forth by Salforge.

"I take it you're investing time to catch this individual?" Salforge said as he approached the two from the other end of the hallway, his eyes clearly on Jaakuna while Nomis made his way past him and towards the see-through cage, his smirk wider than ever the closer he reached.

It appears you had no need to invest much time at all. Thank you for your assistance.” Spoke Nomis as he now stood before the caged man, his arms held behind his back as he looked into it and face to face with the similarly aged man.

Well, this is quite a welcoming surprise. Wonderful you could join us, former-soldier Cerden.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
In the total amount of two minutes, the situation went from boring examination of the murder scene to the arrival of not only Salforge the Steel Heart guy, but also some intruder who had handled the guards easily, efficiently, but not cleanly. It was with the arrival of Salforge that would make the capture of this white-haired old man all the more easier.

"I take it you're investing time to catch this individual?"

When Salforge pointed out the obvious, Jaakuna just ignored him. That was just one thing that Jaakuna didn’t particularly like about Salforge. It’s not that he didn’t respect the steel heart soldier, cause that was not at all true. If someone were to ask if Jaakuna disliked Salforge just because of his position in The Empire, then he’d say their crazy. It’s mainly due to the fact that Salforge can get under Jaakuna’s skin without even trying, and how arrogant he acts about it all.

“No, we’re having a lovely chat about sipping tea.” Obviously a sarcastic remark on Jaakuna’s part, but did Salforge expect any different. He knows how Jaakuna is, and how impatient he can get at times.

After a good minute of taking his sweet-ass time, Nomis finally appeared on site, and he commented on how “thankful” he was that Salforge decided to “invest” his time into the matter that was the old man that resembled Nomis quite a bit. Though, Jaakuna couldn’t put it together in time for Nomis to reveal who this old man was.

“Well, this is quite a welcoming surprise. Wonderful you could join us, former-soldier Cerden.”

When Jaakuna heard that, he couldn’t believe it. Like, he didn’t know this man was Cerden, the brother of Nomis, and the former partner of Nomis. It was no wonder he took care of that guard without any trouble, which would explain why Jaakuna was so fascinated by this guy.

“Rewind, and back it up.” Jaakuna, as usual, he was making a scene. “Nomis, you’re telling me that, this here old geezer, is your brother, and traitor to the empire?”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

“Hah”

Cerden knew he was surrounded, and that’s not considering the fact that the crazy killer Jaakuna Hinoko, the arrogant steel heart Salforge, and the very stoic madman, and his brother, Nomis is surrounding him.

As it looks now, Cerden could either fight his way out, or give in voluntarily. If he fights, then he’ll lose, he knows that already. In the opposite of things, he can give in, and plan his way out soon, but that would only complicate things even more. Perhaps baiting the other two that aren’t Nomis might lead to a better escape, but perhaps not. Cerden will just wing it, and see how long he can stall them.

“So, you’ve caught me.” Cerden smiled.

He looked at the three, beginning with a smirk at Salforge, who had a very obvious appearance. “Given that you’re looking at me with a look that suggests I’m lower than you, you’re Salforge, the former Keyblader turned Steel Heart?” Of course Cerden knew that as he had taken tabs on every member of the Empire that wasn’t the Emperor just because no one knows who that guy is, even Cerden when he was with The Empire.

Cerden didn’t even have to take his time actually addressing Jaakuna cause he knew how high the temper of the hot head. The action of just ignoring him would just set him off completely. Completely ignoring Jaakuna did set him off which made Cerden laugh, but that brought his attention to his long-lost brother, and former partner-in-crime, Nomis. It’s been over ten years since Cerden last saw him, and given the current situation, it’s probably not the best of circumstances to be reunited, but any time is as best as any.

“Nomis, I see you haven’t changed, even after these years.” Cerden said smiling. Cerden stepped a few steps forward to Nomis. “You’re even white as the bottom-side of a white man’s ass.” Cerden knew that had to get under his brother’s skin.

The common jokes were done, but Cerden still had the fact that he had been caught, and no way out. “So, what are you going to do? Capture your own brother?”

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Salforge conditioned himself to a falsified smile. Jakuuna did teach this mercenary man things in the art aspect of death known as "destruction" being what he personified quite dominantly. In his purposeful reclusiveness, Salforge himself embodied "solitude" profoundly as Ciel herself bore "sacrifice" with respects to a kind of loneliness that scratched at his surface. Snapping out of his dive to make knit-picking comparisons to aspects of death, he nodded his head and complemented Jakuuna's sarcasm and Nomis' profound wellhood with his own isolated retort.

"Cerden..." Salforge professed modestly, though nigh inaudible to his audience. He hung his head down distracted, a vessel of deception, and the brother of General Nomis the wise. Come to think of it, he'd heard of these brothers twenty years prior. If all were right, he would justly parallel in age to the brothers as well as his former researcher and complacent mercenary comrade FLLFFL.

"I would expect a traitor to blatantly lie about his former allies. I never bore the keyblade, without a heart in question and neither light nor darkness can arrest what essence I no longer have..."

To hear his name flow of a former general's tongue, had he a genuine heart he may have been moved to flattery. The former researcher tilted his head, taking a gesture of intrigue. As he gripped his fist, his expression was as relaxed and listless just as Ciel's crystal eyed gaze upon her subordinates. Though unlike his, her's showered a glint of a complete being, tapping his breast for a second he unfolded his hands and proposed a unique body gesture as he spoke. In truth, the nonsense Cerden spout had only ever been breathed one time by Salforge, in conversation with Ciel in her quarters.

This was how Jakuuna's body moved, when enraged. Not mockingly done so, but to portray that "he wasn't playing around."

"If you're a threat, a hostile. We'll just let Jakuuna deal with your life, but if your of value then I'm sure Sir Nomis may be the one in need of persuading. Or..." he trailed off, as the inside of his cage had sharpened its ends. The shells doing something unseen in Salforge's repertoire. Sharpening themselves, being used in a cold-blooded as if preparing a life execution.

The piteous researcher feigned his barrier's reflective panels to capture Cerden's face and appearance should Nomis decide to free him, given this man he'd encountered only once before today. His entrance at the time of Cerden's exit, a mere passage in time, but the details of how grim his face were paled at the reality of this man he viewed alive and well. The mercenary turned to his superior, "Sir Nomis? What is your will?"

Disney Castle - FLLFFL

He had entered the company of General Clement, left to his own devices in the grand hall. Alfa's tread down the red, almost as if it were fading in velvet as the emperor's darkness breached the enlongated throne room and into the hallway. It was odd, this fourty-year old man remained as youthful as even Sir Nomis would portray. Recollecting memories of them at a much different age, the swordsman snapped and pulled up his white scarf.

Turning down the hall, Clement, as if he'd godsend from the stars made note of Alfa's return.

"Did you run into any complications?"

Alfa bowed as a courtesy before replying, "No Lord Clement. The threat has been extinguished, gravely I must infer you on news." Alfa spoke as he approached the general.

Wisdom suited Alfa, as the underline he drew in his actions was simple to miss. As Clement approached him, their blades remained sheathed. Uniting at about the pass of the throne room's grand doors. As if he could sense it now within the remaining seconds, Clement gripped his sword and Alfa's zig zag draw came clasping against his lord's steel.

As if listening to glass breaking, the steel held by the general shattered. Taken by surprise the general's eyes were moved, dilating to a much smaller size simply astounded by Alfa's coordination of kendo and his ability to bide moving forces. In the same swoop, he'd turned and expedited a trail of blue flames from his jet-sword's valve and blowing Clement into the chamber of the emperor. As he'd moved over him, making sure he was in view of the emperor, the dull side of his blade reared to Clement's neck, flipping to the sharpened end.

"Emperor. I here by renounce General Clement of his position and claim it for myself. This is an age old display of power in a hierarchy such as this, with you its Monarch."

The blade held the young lord by his neck, and thoroughly decapitated him falling victim to the own weight of his ego. Sir Clement's head was cleaved off the sharp surface of Alfa's steel, and his body fell limp to the ground in a pool of blood the soiled the throne's capital. Clement was a strong and near omniscient user of otherworldly magic, though reluctant to use even a small portion of his power on the world of the emperor let alone in his presence. Shattering his weapon with his own assured his defeat, as Alfa drew his eyes down, Clement's body was being claimed by darkness. His head, he dropped into the portal of darkness that seemed to flow under Alfa as if to grip him and his black heart too.

As the door was open, O'nam had gazed inside, the youngest of the generals.

"YOU ABOMINATION!!! I'LL DECAY YOUR FLESH TO THE DEATH GARDEN YOU IMPERTINENT PANDERING FOOL!!!"

But the presence stopped even the reaction of O'nam, the shadow laced by the darkness in which Clement sank tailored to the Emperor himself. In patience they sought his assured rebuttal.

Last edited:

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
People Had the wrong idea about Twilight Town. Hiroki thought, as he stood there watching the sun's setting rays flicker through the racing train's windows. He was on his way back after a long day of work, when he caught a few words from some visitors discussing the idea. Whoever thought that Twilight Town was named Twilight Town because it was caught in a perpetual sunset? I mean what kind of town is that? You ever saw a city or a village that had no day or night? How would they even know that time passed at all? He thought it was ridiculous sometimes what some of the tourists thought about this place. The real reason why Twilight Town was called the way it is called is because Sunset takes a remarkably longer duration in this world than any other world out there known. People can get to enjoy it longer here than any other place. He never understood where though the idea of a frozen twilight came from.

His eyes wandered towards a pair of travelers who sat in the seats next to him, they looked really quiet, almost confused and kept regarding their surroundings with curious gazes as if they have never been around here before. And it reminded him with himself the first time he arrived to Twilight Town. Hiroki smiled almost wistfully at the memory. It has been almost seven years since he came as a refugee to this place, alone, lost and without an idea of how he'll be able to survive. Almost like these two strangers. And yet, somehow he survived and managed to gain some piece of peace and purpose in a world that knew little of these...

The Train finally bumped to a stop as it arrived to Central station and slid its doors open. Hiroki departed it briskly and made his way out of the clock tower. It was slightly hot today, but the weather promised to get better as he walked towards the market place. He had agreed to meet with Asahina there after she finished today's college classes. To the people of this world, Hiroki was a plain and ordinary young man and a talented ship engineer that worked at the City's sole Ship Hangar. A perfectly normal citizen.

The truth, however, that they didn't know is that he was Keyblade wielder. One of the very few left in this world, and the sole survivor of his home world's Keyblade academy. He had been keeping his identity a secret ever since he arrived here seven years ago, swearing to never brandish his weapon again unless it was absolutely out of mortal necessity. It was for his safety, and for Asahina's as well. If the Empire received a word, even a rumor about the existence of a Keyblade in this world, they would attack this peaceful place and hunt him down, ferociously. He had been thankful that this world was a small and unnoticable one among the other worlds. It escaped the sight of the Empire thus far, and he would hate to stir its peace or expose any of its citizen to danger because of who he was. And thus, he blended among its people and led a quiet life under its cover.

He made his way to the cafe and with some luck he found an empty table. He was starving after having had to make all these repairs today to the hull of the Shiva but he decided to wait for Asahina to join him instead. He just hoped she wouldn't be late, as usual.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, at some other part of the big wide universe, another text message buzzed in a certain number of Individuals', collectively known as the Empire's Generals, cell phones.

Subject: Assignment Follow Up

All Generals are to meet in the Main Ships Hangar in 20 minutes. You'll be Briefed with your Assignment's Specifications there. Do not Attempt other Transportation Methods for Twilight Town. Your Transportation Ship are timed to depart at 2:30.

General Ciel Odine​

Last edited:
Awards
Disney Castle​

Having made her way back from Radiant Garden, Cathrine dragged her feet through the winding halls of the castle. Her head was held low as she contemplated dark and dreary things. She was becoming tired of serving Ryoko, of doing humiliating and degrading duties. She was a soldier, she didn't belong in this maid uniform. Maybe she should just quit. "...As if." She muttered to herself. She'd lost track of how many times she's attempted to quit. Frankly she had no choice in the matter. She didn't want to rub the Empire the wrong way or worse, upset Ryoko. Letting out a defeated sigh she almost jumped out of her shoes as she heard a loud crash. "Intruders!?" She turned on her heels, kicking up a gust of wind as she rushed to the throne room. She found the door forced open, with Alfa and Clement inside. The scene was surreal in nature to her. Alfa had Clement in submission one moment, and in the next he executed the General in a swift motion. Cathrine dared not move, she did not understand what was transpiring but she knew it was not in her power to get in the way. O'nam had seen the event, his temper exploded as he shouted threats towards Clement. "O'nam... I don't believe going into the throne room right now is such a good idea."

Darkness was pouring out from the Emperor, who otherwise had been silent until now. It rippled across the floor like a living entity, reaching out with a trembling hunger. It moved around Alfa, reaching for his legs to try and pull him in. The Emperor stepped forward towards Alfa. "Murdering your superiors to advance in rank is not something I wish to encourage Alfa. If that was how things worked officers would be stricken with paranoia." The blackness around Alfa's legs began to swirl upwards, stopping a his knees. "I am not very fond of unstable variables, I should dispose of you now..." The floor under Alfa suddenly gave way, leaving only a pool of murky darkness.

"But that would be a waste, wouldn't it? You wanted the position, very well. You will find your first order of business in Radiant Garden. There are several others preparing to travel to Twilight Town, you will assist them with their mission." The pool of black opened, creating a corridor of darkness to Radiant Garden. "And do try to quell those mischievous inclinations."

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Whatever Cerden wanted to do worked because Jaakuna became flustered within moments of Cerden blatantly ignoring him when the former general was addressing every one of this former allies. Perhaps Cerden knew that this would add fuel to the fire that is Jaakuna's very short fuse. Or perhaps he just liked to see the reactions of those who were impatient. Whichever the case, Jaakuna was about to react violently, but that was when he got another text on his phone.

Subject: Assignment Follow Up

All Generals are to meet in the Main Ships Hangar in 20 minutes. You'll be Briefed with your Assignment's Specifications there. Do not Attempt other Transportation Methods for Twilight Town. Your Transportation Ship are timed to depart at 2:30.

General Ciel Odine

After reading that very wrong-timing text from Ciel, Jaakuna smiled. He smiled because he knew that this meant this whole event would be cut short. He really wasn't worried about Cerden getting away. Heck, he wasn't even worried about the fact that Ciel interrupted a moment between these four, but he was a little worried that Nomis wouldn't want to cut this visit short. Whatever the case, it would have to be cut short.

"So, Nomis. What do you want to do? Obviously we don't have the time to mingle with your dear brother, but we can't just let him go." Jaakuna scratched his head in his normal, impatient mood.

-------------------------

The time was kind of going slow. Cerden was known for his patience, but there was only so much he could wait for. Nomis was taking his sweet time getting around to even responding to Cerden's rhetorical question or even talking to his dear ol' brother.

In the same moment Cerden was waiting, he heard Salforges obvious lie, but Cerden had enough respect for him to remain silent about the matter, no matter how big of a lie it is. Cerden obviously wasn't the biggest fan of the Empire considering the events that have occurred in the last few decades. It's all a big blur for Cerden's voluntarily memory. He prefers not to remember the past, but just focus on the present, and build for the future.

Cerden heard Jaakuna's mention of how they don't have time, which brought up the inquizitive nature of Cerden. What exactly could be so important for them to be leaving him? Perhaps it could be the thing that I overheard before my outing?

Cerden pondered on this for a few moments, which in that duration would allow any responses from Nomis or Salforge if they had the need to speak.

Awards
With a silent sigh and one more glance around at all the floating rubble and rock around her, Spirit was forced to admit that the rebels weren't as sloppy as she had expected. A few frayed pieces of cloth, some burnt hair... if they were in any better condition, maybe she would be able to figure out one of their identities. Then again, it was just as likely that the little things she found among the rubble belonged to one of the Empire soldiers. She hadn't expected much-- an explosion didn't tend to leave a whole lot of evidence, after all-- but she could work with very little, and wasn't even provided with that.

She reached out, convinced that so little was to be found here that her faint little fingerprints wouldn't ruin the examination, and lightly touched the fabric. It crumbled to ash at her touch, and she gasped slightly, more out of wonder than of shock. Others would call it a childish curiosity, she remembered, and she giggled at the terminology. Too many things amazed her here, but curiosity? She wasn't as ignorant as they would like to peg her.

Her reverie ended abruptly and she pulled her hand back and put down all the rubble when she sensed someone watching her and felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. Turning, she tilted her head and stared at the general, ignoring her cell phone for now.

Joseph, having given up his investigation a few minutes prior, looked through his cell phone as soon as it vibrate. Smiling, he called to Spirit, “Looks like we have a new assignment. Are you done play in the trash, Spirit?” Looking back at his companion, he followed her gaze to the beautiful general. He wasn't sure who had started staring at whom first, but he put back his cell phone as he saw her approach.

"Found anything of interest?" she asked.

Spirit resisted the urge to scowl at Joseph after she took a peak at his thoughts. She was his wife, how dare he attach “beautiful” to any name but hers... She would talk to him about that later, but for now, she simply shook her head “no” in answer to Ciel.

“Sorry. There's not much that an explosion would leave behind,” Joseph explained. “They've made their intention clear, though. They're likely to come out of hiding and try to strike again, and that is when we'll make an example of them.”

Hearing that no one else had found anything of value calmed Spirit down a little, but she still glanced back at the ruins. This had been a pretty fun place to play, after all. The question of their ulterior motives made the girl giggle.

“What ulterior motives would they need?” Joseph asked. “Their motive is quite clear. We're apparently not very popular. A killed loved one, the general feeling of unfairness or inequality, the hope that they can reshape the world how they want it and how they think it should be. I've seen it enough. Their only motive is foolish ideology. That, or hope, perhaps mixed with some hatred of us? I'm not one to delve into the psychological aspect of thing, what do you think, General?”

Spirit continued giggling, seemingly off in her own little world. Another vibration of her cell phone spooked her out of it, though, so she finally check to see what her assignments were, since she never got casual texts from anyone but Joseph. “Twenty minutes,” she announced in her odd voice, smiling at the other two.

Joseph cracked a small smile as well. “Shall we continue our talk now or meet up later to finish?” he asked Ciel.

Spirit tugged his shirt's cloth angrily, not too happy about the idea of him meeting up with the purportedly beautiful general. “Hurry,” she said aloud, before adding Joseph, are you cheating on me? In their silent little telepathy.

Joseph shook her off and jokingly thought She's not my type, getting the smaller girl to relent and cross her arms as she waited.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
--------------------------------------------------

"Rewind, and back it up. Nomis, you’re telling me that, this here old geezer, is your brother, and traitor to the empire?” Jaakuna questioned Nomis, the General smirking as he watched Cerden pacing a little within the box like cage.

"Correct, Jaakuna. The one and the same."

Hah. So, you’ve caught me.” Spoke Cerden as he faced his brother, the glasses wearing man merely continued to stand there, his ever present smirk spread to the corners of his mouth while the brother began to speak again.

Nomis, I see you haven’t changed, even after these years. You’re even whiter as the bottom-side of a white man’s ass.” Said Cerden, a little scoff escaping from his throat at his little joke, all while Nomis never moved or made any attempt to reply. Yet.

"Cerden…I would expect a traitor to blatantly lie about his former allies. I never bore the keyblade, without a heart in question and neither light nor darkness can arrest what essence I no longer have..." Salforge added, causing Nomis to turn his head briefly to him at the sudden motion of his hand.

The wise General could tell from the slight movement of Salforge’s tightening fist, that what had just been mentioned previously had reached some part of Salforge and hit a nerve so to speak. Whether the enigmatic Salforge knew his body showed tell-tale signs of what was said, that was something Nomis clearly wouldn’t find out.

So, what are you going to do? Capture your own brother?

"If you're a threat, a hostile. We'll just let Jakuuna deal with your life, but if you’re of value then I'm sure Sir Nomis may be the one in need of persuading. Or..." At that, the cage began to sharpen and grow large spikes, shrinking the space Cerden had within it and forcing him to stay as straight as possible, for fear of becoming skewered by them.

This threat soon faded away, as all three of them received a timely text on their phones. Though Salforge and Jaakuna fished out their own devices to check, Nomis took the time to smirk more towards his dear brother, his black metal covered fingers gently tracing against the cold metal wall, the same material that made up the floor and mostly everything in the hallway. Mouthing his words carefully to Cerden, Nomis smiled even more.

Yes dear brother. I am.

"Sir Nomis? What is your will?"

"So, Nomis. What do you want to do? Obviously we don't have the time to mingle with your dear brother, but we can't just let him go."

The two spoke their mind to Nomis, while the man could already see Cerden had noticed something from the new message received. With fingers still pressed against the wall, Nomis gave a sudden shove as if pressing some secret button within the wall itself. With a small crackle of dark energy, that almost seemed to travel down to the floor and through Salforge’s barrier, the metal panels that made up the ground of the hallway suddenly tore themselves free, reshaping as they thinned and stretched before coiling around Cerden’s wrists and neck.

By the end, the brother of Nomis could only stand there as the once living metal began to harden again, keeping his arms behind his back while the white steel travelled up his back and collared around his neck.

"We will take him with us, of course. Who better to keep watch?" Said Nomis, as he picked up a random piece of the same metal, no bigger then a pebble. With that, the General raised his other hand, motioning for Cerden to follow but instead causing the metal currently keeping Cerden tied up to push against his back and force him to follow Nomis.

It was only at this time that the General removed his own phone, checking the message from General Ciel and causing Nomis to smile and turn back to Cerden and the others.

Let us not keep Miss Ciel waiting any longer.” With that, Nomis turned promptly around before walking off down the hallway and eventually out of the manor and to the castle’s great hangar. All this, while Cerden was forced to march behind by his brother’s strange power.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
As the strangely named mercenary could feel it. In these brief seconds, he could actually move that he fondly missed the feeling of perpetual numbness that Salforge still claims. His heart was spiraling, he'd been complete, but steadily growing from what his heart truly perpetuated. His avaricious heart was dark, a fitting claim for a swordsman so immersed in his work that the nature of what has happened seemed...fitting. Clement's physical body had been devoured by the dark tendrils and splintering pools commenced by the emperor, he didn't fear or feign it, should he end...he'd of smited one of their most powerful generals in his individual moment of weakness.

A triumph in his heart, none the less, the emperor's grip was as he imagined, only amplified. His green eyes, began to tint to a shade of amber; eyes that reflected the manifestation of darkness as he even in this black casym could not distinguish the emperor himself in. As he spoke, Alfa's hands had reached out in front of him flipped over on his opening palms. His black heart gripping in at the tendrils as he was wrapping himself in a vest of some sort and shape. The sigil of the empire was engraved on his right hand and chest, the exterior just below the knuckles.

"Yes my lord." he spoke almost entranced, a bow as he began to sink under his feet and become whisked into the portal of darkness to Radian't Garden's Hangar.

The General stood with Catherine, a rage that couldn't be quelled so easily. Breaking from her company, he stormed off down the hall to return to his quarters, all the while plotting the mercenary's demise.

His decent had lead him to the hangar, there he would wait for the others to gather. News of his tactful ascension would reach them soon. As he stared at his reformatted outfit, in a sense he tried painting himself in the image of the emperor, a fledgeling of blackness. Holding his blade, reformed to his kakugane, a helmet formed around his head and closed sealing away his face.

"General Phillip "Alfa" FLLFFL. I admire the full sound of that."

-------------------------

Salforge had relinquished his manner of restraint upon Cerden. True, Cerden could've used the blind spot of the ground to escape, had he of been in mid-air it would've been a bit different. It was strange, to think he possessed a kind of power to use barriers through his broken keyblade. Posing such a theory many years ago, potentially he could be right about it, but other matters overshadowed the time and resource for that theory. As it stood, the former Cerden no longer existed as an ally, but the man they held under immediate surveillance was but a captive prisoner of his brother General Nomis.

While not a general, he was sent a text message from Lady Ciel anyway. Upon checking it, it appeared they were urged even further to move towards Twilight Town. Restrained and in chains, this must've been some manner of nightmare for Cerden, Salforge shook his head with a nod.

"Let us be on our way gentlemen." he spoke without baring in his resolve.

❝HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THE VICTOR

The walk was that of a brief one. Salforge had approached the hangar, leaning beside the stairwell to board the might ship there was a strangely dressed individual. The sigil of the empire was born across his chest, and the physical outlook of this person gave the impression it was a male.

"Who are you?" Salforge proposed a closed question.

The figure simply rose it's hand, showing what he could only at first think was a badge, but it was kakugane. In bewilderment, the revelation was evident as he put the badge away.

"I am here for the departure of Twilight Town, the emperor expressly sent me here directly from the castle. I bring you news. Lord Clement is dead, I killed him in ascension to the rank of general. The clothing I am wearing are in reality what the prince of darkness wore. Clement was that same prince, and his title but not power, belongs to me now. Simply refer to me as Prince. Or Alfa, if you'd like. Now we've an assignment to complete."

As the clock neared the time of departure, Salforge had boarded the small domestically sized vessel, namely a ship, behind Prince.

Last edited:

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Seeing Nomis mold that little metal into what would be binding Cerden so that he wouldn't have the oppertunity to escape really impressed Jaakuna, and that was hard to do, especially if you're a confusing enigma like Nomis. Also, considering the fact that Cerden is this man's equal, Jaakuna wasn't all too worried on whether or not Nomis could get him retained long enough so that Jaakuna, Nomis, Salforge, and the newly captured Cerden, could board the train that would be their means of travel to Twilight Town.

The walk to the Hanger was nothing shy of quiet and dull. Cerden really didn't fight it as he knew that he couldn't break out of the metal that Nomis had locked his hands into.

In the order of their walking, it went like this: Salforge was ahead, while Jaakuna followed behind, and lastly Nomis, Cerden, and Nomis' research team that followed, but they soon departed on their own means of getting to Twilight Town since the high ranking soldiers were to use the specially-designed train at the Hanger, where they were met with a strange visit.

"I am here for the departure of Twilight Town, the emperor expressly sent me here directly from the castle. I bring you news. Lord Clement is dead, I killed him in ascension to the rank of general. The clothing I am wearing are in reality what the prince of darkness wore. Clement was that same prince, and his title but not power, belongs to me now. Simply refer to me as Prince. Or Alfa, if you'd like. Now we've an assignment to complete."

This didn't really change much for Jaakuna, Cerden, or anyone that was among this little group of empire or former empire soldiers.

As everyone boarded the flagship, it soon took off with Cerden being heavily guarded by Nomis himself, with Jaakuna watching like a stalker outside of the window.

"Do you need something, blondie?" Cerden asked, obviously referring to Jaakuna's excessive staring.

Jaakuna continued his staring, but then looked away, only to turn slightly to Nomis, who was probably slightly enjoying the...well whatever it was between Cerden and Jaakuna."Nomis, why don't you give me some details on what value your...dear brother has to you, eh?"

Last edited:
Awards
The yellow sphere in the sky was doing a grand job today. It's rays were soothing to the ethereal touch, like a blanket woven of the warmth of a mother's embrace. Shizuka hummed an upbeat tune, one that was familiar to her and always helped ease her mind. It also had a habit of making her drowsy, not that she minded at all. She stopped for a moment to yawn and strands of her long hair fell across her face. The raven threads were warm from their time basking in the sun, as they passed her petite nose the distinct scent of the sun filled her senses. She adored this park, for as dark as the Empire tried to make their lives they could not take away the natural beauty of this world. She resumed her nonchalant humming as her azure eyes took in the sights around the park's pond. Children were playing, seemingly without a care in the world, and the verdant grass bended gracefully along with the wind's carefree path. She closed her eyes, imagining what it would be like if the entire world were like this. The thought brought a smile to her lips, though the biting face of reality turned it to a frown just as quickly.

She wished not to dwell on the state of her home, she despised the feeling of ever present melancholy. Taka's question to Shizuka stirred her from her lackadaisical daydreaming. She slowly opened her eyes, and turned to face him. "Why did I join?" She asked, putting a finger to her chin as she pondered the question. She was with the Unbound Hearts not because she choose to, but because her life would be in danger otherwise. Without a doubt her identity was already one of an enemy to the Empire. She couldn't go back to her job, her house was also unsafe. She had been pulled into this whole affair without a hint of recourse on her end. She smiled at Taka, she knew he was blind but that did not diminish the tone of her persona. "Well~ I was kidnapped by a psychopathic Doctor who wanted to dissect me for research purposes. I got away and the lab is gone, however I am sure they do not wish to have any loose ends... It is rather funny is it not? I thought this sort of thing only happened in action movies." she gave a soft chuckle, not to forcibly lighten the mood but because she honestly found her predicament to be an odd one.

~~~

Why did Twilight Town always have to be this busy? Asahina found herself asking this very question as she made her way through a market district. There was a longer route that she tended to take around this cramped place, but she was in a hurry and had to go through this claustrophobic nightmare. The smell of freshly cooked food wafted in the air, enticing those who passed to stop by the many stalls lined on the sides of the path. The smells only reminded her that she was late in meeting Hiroki at a cafe. She thought of nothing else, as of today she was on break from college so things such as exams and homework were cleared from her thoughts. She had nothing else to do without the distraction of her studies, meeting with Hiroki was all she had. That was a rather depressing fact, however it was far more than she ever had before she met him. He was her first and only true friend in her life, the comfort she found in his acquaintance bordered on addiction. The crowd in front of her became less personified, the countless people she had to maneuver around seeming to blend into blurry obstacles.

She held her arms tight across her chest, keeping a thin rectangular box in her grasp as if it were her soul. It was a present for Hiroki. It wasn't a special occasion, however she had felt the sudden need to thank him in some way. The present was the reason she was late, she had taken far too long preparing it. It was worth it however, not only was it a gift, but it was a way of making it easier for her to ask him something. It was something that had been on her mind recently.

Finally making her way out of the market district she soon came upon the cafe. As she approached the humble establishment she spotted Hiroki sitting at an empty table. A smile lit up on her face, making her look as if the essence of life had been sprung inside her. She still looked exhausted however. Her eyes had the ever present dark tint under them that they always did. Lack of sleep was not a factor for the blemish, her tired eyes were simply a part of her. Her long teal hair showed clear signs of a hasty brushing, it more often than not covering the right side of her face.

Taking a seat across from him she gave him a small wave. "Hello Hiroki..." She tapped her present against her chest, nearly shaking with anxiousness. 'Just give it to him and ask your question!' She screamed in her head, somehow managing to make herself cringe in surprise. "H-here." She placed the plain box on the table quickly, pushing it towards him. Inside the box was an oil painting she painted herself. She did not consider herself adept in many things, in fact she figured she was always on the edge of failing just about everything she did. Art was another story, as drawing came natural to her. She had painted a picture of herself and Hiroki, they were each posed opposite of each other, their heads and shoulder at an angled view. Taking a closer look at the picture one could see that Asahina had taken much more care in painting Hiroki. There was no lack of details, however her own colors were muted in comparison to him. She fidgeted in her seat, acting as if her chair were trying to push her about. She wanted to ask him the question that had been on her mind, the thought that it would come out too brash kept her silent. Just wait for him to say something, the moment will come!" She took a deep breath, trying and failing to ease in her seat.

Last edited:

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Information was a vital part of campaigns. In days of old when armies clashed, equal in force, in heart, in savagery, it was always the one with the better plan of attack that succeeded. It took more than a mighty force to succeed in war; the mightiest of beasts could be felled with a single precise strike. While the Empire may have the bigger force, it was the rebellion that was about to have the better plan of attack. With Section III backing them, the odds of victory would greatly improve. So having been guided to an appropriate distance and his eyes looking over the tower well enough, Connor had taken his collapsed bow in hand.

With the appropriate pressure and thrust, it had come alive once again in his left hand. Reaching behind his back, he had selected the appropriate arrow without even thinking. For efficiency, he had chosen to memorize the locations of the arrows in his arsenal that were specifically dealt for situations like these. Using only his fingertips he was able to gently lift his arrow from the quiver. This one did not have a sharp end; instead it was flattened with a cylinder traveling up towards the primary shaft by at least a couple inches.

Applying his arrow against the bow carefully Connor raised the bow up appropriately, leveling his shot as he slowly backed away into the alleyway a little further. The last thing he would want to do is have anyone witness this first shot, at least not with him in this position. So far the streets both in front and behind him were fairly clear, and the tower itself was heavily unprotected. It looked all clear from where he stood, even if an elevated position was preferred.

Drawing the arrow back Connor had released it shortly afterwards, watching as it shot straight towards the middle of the broadcast tower. His mark was hit a moment later as his projectile tore through the air. Any further away and it might have risked a drop in altitude, but luckily Acesto had gotten them close enough to where he could take the shot with zero risk of failure. From where he stood his shot had in fact connected. The flat end of the scrambler would have magnetized itself against the surface it touched, and if uninterrupted for over a minute, would in fact arm itself. It was an option in case of misfire, and the shot he took was midway, too far for anyone to get to without help or some serious ability to climb. Not that any of it mattered, no one would be expecting this.

“That ‘arrow’ you saw ..it doesn’t look like one at all. It’s intended to disable electronics and scramble signals such as that tower. In about a minute, it’ll arm ..and it won’t come off without taking a large chunk of something else with it.” Using the motion he did, he stowed his collapsed bow away, this time sealing it in a space on his vest. Ace may have been confused, impressed, a lot of things. To Connor, it was just another job done. “Without communications here, they’ll be at a heavy disadvantage ..and if you’re a rebellion, I’m sure you can name a number of ways that you can take a better fight to them without my--”

“Connor, do you read?” a voice erupted from his earpiece and Connor had held a hand up to Ace in order to silence him. He was close enough to hear, and the Director didn’t conceal his voice, so this matter must not have been anything to conceal from him.

“Go ahead sir.”
His middle and forefinger on his left hand moved up to it and gently pressed in order to respond back.

“There’s something you need to know.”

“I’m listening.”

“I know you have some skills in gathering information but I had to call someone in. She’s got the experience, the natural talent, the ability of flawless execution. She can find things not many could, at least not available. I trust you and Caeley, but I did not think you‘d object to her aid either. There are people there she cares for, she was willing to assist.”

Connor believed it was Shani, one of the people that Connor lead in Operations on occasion when his Task Force was on play. But he had been, to date, the only person in that squad who had left Elysium and seen the outside. That left a few guesses, but all were fairly valid ..except one in particular stood out.

“Masaki?”

“Masaki.”

-

It was quiet.

She liked quiet.

For what its worth the guy had a comfortable set-up, which was definitely not what she was expecting. For a moment she was thinking of how cliché this guy would have been; perhaps some guards in a line in front of him standing at attention. She didn’t know, she expected some kind of unnecessary flair to it. Instead, and perhaps she should have expected this, there was no real light in this place. There was enough to see, but not enough to be disturbed by it. This guy, who was some ‘supreme evil’, clearly loved his darkness. It wasn’t much problem for her, as she wouldn’t have been there long.

From directly behind the Emperor’s seat came the voice of Rika Masaki, who was speaking quite casually when it came to the man who had conquered a few weak and defenseless worlds. Leaning against it, she was looking through a small pad and moving to profiles she had downloaded shortly before entering this place. She hadn’t made a single sound until this point, but with the room empty once again she no longer cared.

“Nice place.”
In an almost cocky nonchalant way, Rika had alerted the big bad to her presence, her fingers gently tapping the pad she held and traveling further down a long list until she hit the area she was looking for; higher-ups, the greater areas of leadership. She supposed that ‘Clement’ guy was off the list, so she’d ignore him there. “It’s ..pretty dark and lifeless. I guess that’s your theme huh?” a name was spotted along the list.

Ciel Odine.

Selecting it, Rika had sped through the text. She wasn’t looking at a large history, just basic information.

“..Uh-huh.”
nodding her head, Rika backed out of Ciel’s profile and went down to another at random.

Cute girl ..too bad she’s marked for death now.

What would no doubt irk the Emperor at least slightly was the fact that Rika exuded zero fear from her body in his presence, and in fact treated this as if it was a common get-together. She wasn’t concerned about him, and if there was something most bad guys had in common it was that they liked people fearing them. Well, she wasn’t the one.

“A psychopath ..and not even a cute one.”

Another profile..

“..Clacverk ..”
Rika stifled a laugh.

One more …and another …and another…

“All right, I’ve seen enough.”
Closing the pages opened, she had selected an option on the pad that allowed it to be transported from her hands to base. Though you’d expect that she’d take the man seriously now that she wasn’t distracted, she in fact only crossed her arms and yawned silently before turning her head to her left. “You know you've got some questionable people in a position of power. Really bad.”

Turning her head forward again, she reflected on the profiles a little more. Ciel would be a good first target to remove from power and life itself, but she’d need to consult someone about that first. The nut job was something she didn’t expect ..and she didn’t know how to feel about the others.

“By the way, great security ..who’d have expected someone had a keycard on them to access your information database?
” Dripping with sarcasm, she spat on his methods openly. “May want to get a clean-up crew in there, and a mop, the man isn’t getting back up.“ Everything had been downloaded but there wouldn’t have been much evidence left to prove that. She destroyed the machine after every inch of information was robbed from it. The Emperor would need a new archive ..and someone new to manage it with a little less slit to their throat.

“Oh, one more thing …the girl in the maid outfit. Now, how much would people fear you if they knew that?”

A moment...

"If you're not impressed yet, I could go back to how easily I got inside."

Last edited:
Awards
“Nice place.”

Breaking the silence in the stoic throne room, a feminine voice caught the ears of the Emperor. Whoever this was, she had somehow managed to place herself directly behind him on the other side of his throne. The distinct sound of fingernails tapping against a solid surface came from the woman, followed by a remark about the atmosphere of Disney Castle. She sure was calm considering who she was talking to... She went on, apparently going over a list of his Generals. The Emperor let her go on, not moving from his seat. He did not appear to be distressed at this breach of security, though it was anyone's guess as to what he was thinking at the moment.

“You know you've got some questionable people in a position of power. Really bad.”

The Emperor let out a deep sigh. His posture was relaxed with no visible attempts to cover any openings in his guard. Perhaps he felt his life was not in danger? "I suppose so, but they get the job done... The important jobs anyhow." He gave her a calm answer, no hint of hostility or fury in his voice.

“By the way, great security ..who’d have expected someone had a keycard on them to access your information database?”

She was a cocky individual, success must be as common as oxygen to her. "The security was meant to be the soldiers on watch, machines are fickle machinations after all..." He didn't take her bait of biting sarcasm, if anything he seemed almost 'interested' in her confidence. As she explained what became of the man in charge of the archive he had to stifle a scoff of amusement.

"You killed William? He was such a feeble man, I'm sure he would have given it to you had you asked 'nicely.'" The surreal casual conversation continued.

“Oh, one more thing …the girl in the maid outfit. Now, how much would people fear you if they knew that?”

"Oh Catherine? That charming ensemble is the result of Ryoko's rather lewd interests. I wouldn't mention it to her if I were you, it is a sore subject that has led to violence on more than one occasion. I am not exaggerating, when a rookie solider laughed in Catherine's face she took it upon herself to rip the poor soul's tongue from his mouth, with a spoon I believe."

"If you're not impressed yet, I could go back to how easily I got inside."

"Impressed?... Ahh now I see. The lack of fear in you makes sense now. I figured you were either basking in blissful ignorance or were assured of your safety via an escape route. It's neither of those isn't it? So... What business do you have here?" His voice became drearily dark at the end of his question, as if the facade of the casual air had been brutally murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back