• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Solace In Night [RP Thread]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Dion had chosen to leave, a move Connor didn’t expect. As the leader of these people the least he could have been able to do was stick around to listen to the briefing. There could have been a couple possible reasons for this; He trusted his people enough to let the briefing go on while he moved on to more pressing task, or ..he didn’t feel his presence here was really needed. Connor may have disagreed but he didn’t know his agenda or what else the man had to accomplish so early in the morning. There were concerns but until he knew more, he intended to keep silent for the time being.

Aya had carried out the briefing, projecting a hologram and going over what she was able to find. While the idea was acceptable, Connor was not in any hurry to proceed with the mission if it meant a serious lack of intel. After all was said, he began to go over the options they could take. He didn’t know much about the Emperor’s skills in strategy but he could assume that his dominance made him sloppy, especially if it meant someone like Ace could slip inside one of the bases without any trouble whatsoever. That wasn’t an insult by any means, it was just that if someone as young as him could manage it, it meant someone wasn’t doing their job well enough.

It was too early to assume the rebels were capable like that, but Connor couldn’t deny that they did manage to pull this off. Someone had to have been sleeping on the job ..or this Empire wasn’t as serious a threat as he imagined.

Caeley’s question of what he’d request from HQ was something to think about. There was plenty they could use for this operation and he had a feeling the Director could make some recommendations if he was stuck. “I don’t know, maybe the usual ..sounds like I’ll need some mines.“ his ‘special’ set for situations unforeseen and seen could be of much use during this upcoming mission. It was about then that, as Connor turned to her, things sort of went wrong for him. Caeley had whispered something that, while was meant to be between them, was still a dangerous thing to say in the company of the very people she commented on.

She was confident in him and knew him very well, expecting him to do better than everyone in the room easily. He wasn’t angry with her, but it was words like that that built much distrust and hatred among people. They were here to help them as much as possible, and the least that could be done was reserving comments like that for a location far from them out of respect. Caeley had her opinions, Connor had his own, but this wasn’t the time nor place for throwing insults up and around. Bringing his arms around her, be gently kissed the cheek that wasn’t facing the others in the room. This was a typical maneuver between them to share messages in silence and quick privacy. “Watch what you say ..we’ll talk about this later.”

If it had been anyone else Connor might’ve reprimanded them a lot harsher than this. But Caeley only did what lovers did, made their partners feel good. Caeley had no reason to lie about her feelings, and Connor did appreciate her confidence in him. Every day he was with her he was thankful for being alive another day to spend beside her.

It was just that talk like that meant the difference between victory, and defeat. As a lover this didn’t change anything between them, but as a leader Connor had to think about the assignment, and that could have hurt it.

As Connor pulled away, he smiled at her, not displaying any anger or dislike but instead giving her the kind of stare a father would to a child. He understood what she meant, but others wouldn’t, or worse they wouldn’t take that kind of thing lightly. Bringing his attention to Aya, Connor dropped his smile and instead took a single step closer to her, the same way he did Dion. “With respect ma’m I believe there is a better approach we can take than immediately starting another raid. This new information presents a prime opportunity, but I think there are a few things we could do to make that infiltration easier.” although not talking to anyone in the room, Connor looked towards the vacant space directly to his right, more than enough room for his equipment.

“Send it.”

Entering a few keys into his laptop, The Director had given the order from his observatory and it only took a moment before various staff, some young and some old, entered the room and took their stations in their seats. The technology required to rapidly transport objects and people was always being triple-checked before anything had gone through, that was unless the situation was too urgent. All personnel who were responsible for transporting these objects through this space were required to do this.

“Sending.”
The Director commented, though neither Connor nor Caeley would hear him.

Connor faced Aya once again.

“Before I continue, I’d like to volunteer as lookout for your team. And ..if there was more to your briefing then I apologize for interrupting.”
He had gotten a little ahead of himself there and wasn’t sure if Aya had actually finished, but regardless thought that it’d be best she hear him out a little as well when she was finished. It seemed that everyone involved with this plan was already here, and she was basically running on speculation for the most part when it came to finding this power source.

Still, it was disrespectful, and he owed Aya some respect.

It was her briefing, not his. Perhaps he was so used to being a leader that he had forgotten how to be anything else. As a leader should, he owned up to his mistakes and didn't appear very happy about his outburst either.

No one was perfect.

Awards
"Messes with your senses? So you can 'feel' sound-waves?" Shizuka cupped her chin with her right hand and looked towards the door. Another train passed by, and she closed her eyes and attempted to 'feel' whatever it was that Taka did. Nothing, it was just a large machine making a lot of noise. She nonchalantly shrugged her right shoulder. "Went right over my head." She was a tad disappointed that she couldn't get the same feeling, yet it did not ruin her mood. She patted Taka on the head, almost as if she were proud. "That is quite the ability Taka, hopefully strange doctors won't attempt to kidnap you for it."

Engrossed in her datapad Aya's lithe fingers came to an abrupt stop as Connor stepped towards her. She expected him to simply volunteer to be the lookout, in fact she was just about to update her data accordingly. He had more than that to say however. He claimed there was a better course of action than striking the factory as soon as possible. She had not been working on this plan for very long, the data had only just recently came into her hands after all. She was still running different scenarios through her head, this was simply the best one she had at the moment.

"Send it."

Ace and Aya both eyed Connor curiously as his eyes focused on an empty space in the room for a moment. Ace had no clue what he was doing, his mind wracked with hopeless inquiries he had to fight off the bite of suspicion. Aya meanwhile was struggling not to freak out. "Send it!? Send what!? Do you have access to a matter transportation device? Why I-..." She shut her mouth as she realized how excited she was becoming. Her eyes were as wide as saucers and her heart was beating as fast as a humming birds. She took a moment to compose herself as Connor stated his intent to take the role of lookout, he also apologized for the way he spoke out. Taking a deep breath Aya looked him in the eyes for a moment. She wasn't trying to read him, she just wanted to see if he was sincere or not. She gave him a warm smile. "You've been a leader for quite some time haven't you? Don't worry about it so much, I am sure that whatever you have to contribute is worth it. Dazzle us with your expertize."

Ace stifled a sigh. Aya was putting her trust into this man, even letting him take part in the mission planning. She didn't do that often, though the consequences of failing to meet her expectations where something he'd seen all too much. The cold glare he received from her a few minutes ago was proof of that.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
When Nomis responded with the rhetorical question that was including if the food was scarce. Of course, after Jaakuna was done with it, that would be a reasonable assumption. However, that is not the case. In actuality, there is so much food that Jaakuna is surprised that he didn’t consume more in the previous night. But alas, Jaakuna returns to the state of mind where Nomis was providing Jaak with his normal, false, genuine smile.

As Nomis continued talking, Jaakuna was listening, but at the same time he was getting a little antsy from his early thirst for blood, but also his curiosity was peeking when he saw the remains of the base. As he had seen in the night of yesterday’s midnight air, he had taken a smell of burnt metal. Now, with the fires withered down, black ash, and grey smoke take up the sense of smell as researchers try to figure out the cause of it, and what exactly happened to cause such an explosion.

You’ve arrived just as we have begun to finish. Quite the waste wouldn’t you say? Especially from a supposedly small group. It would be very intriguing to learn how they found a way in and out with no casualties. I say by at least this stage.”

Jaakuna couldn’t agree more with Nomis. Well, in the sense that it would have had taken a great deal of stealth, and experience to pull off such a over-the-top job given how tight security was in this particular factory. “So, what exactly are we looking for? Or better yet.” Jaakuna stretched as his voice trailed on into a rather relaxed, fainted sound. He then returned to his talk as he placed his hands comfortably in his jacket pockets, and continued his talk. “who might we be looking for?”

Jaakuna obviously didn’t get an answer right away because Nomis’ lower-level researchers came in-between them to report their findings. It was at this point, Jaakuna tuned out.

When Nomis finished with what looked to be the head of the lower-level researchers or whatever they would be called, Jaakuna tuned back in like he actually gave a damn or whatever.

My apologies, always busy. May we continue this as we walk?

Finally, they continue along, which by now Jaakuna, and Nomis were standing side-by-side. Going on a height scale, the two of them are almost the same height. Jaakuna is about four or five inches taller depending on how one looks at the two of them. “Yes, lets.”

They walked over to what could be described as a pile of metal and other material that Jaakuna had little to no interest in. As they made their way over, one of Nomis’ servants returned his cane to him. Jaakuna shrugged at that, and just completely ignored them.

I don’t believe I asked; what brought you here? Simply came to see what occurred

Nomis knew the answer to that. Hell, everybody knew the answer to that question, but for the sake of conversation, Jaakuna was going to deliver an answer. “Fifty percent of boredom, but another fifty just, as you stated, to come see what the hell happened here.” Probably as generic as one could get, but that’s the truth. Jaakuna was bored out of his mind, and he definitely isn’t going to be sitting around waiting for some silly order to come in. Though, probably all of the known elites of The Empire are probably checking all areas of this explosion site. So, probably not a bad idea for Jaakuna to come over.

“You know, something I’ve been meaning to ask you.” Jaakuna probably taking a stab-in-the-dark with this one. “Why do you have all of these worthless servants under your little thumb doing the work you know you could get done a lot faster? “ Jaakuna knew the answer to that question, but he continued anyways. “I know, that out of anyone of the entire Empire, you have the quickest way of getting research done, but yet you keep these worthless servants. Might as well as let me kill them all.” And there goes Jaakuna entering his psycho state-of-mind.

Last edited:

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
"Lady Ciel. Let me propose another question, what is your stance on the emperor's will? I mean I understand that he's abducted many from their homes and killed numerous, but others joined of their own accord. What do you make of such an instance?"

Her gaze shifted from the cold and delicate white cup resting between her fingers to examine his reactions. A sigh skipped out, but his face didn't fabricate an emotion. His voice didn't tone a certain inclination, it was like an observation, a curiosity to him. Some unsolved equation, perhaps. She found it amusing he cared to know, to begin with. Ah, but that was the trace of something, an echo of a habit that stirred within. Just the edges though, perhaps he is not hollowed of them all. Emotions.

The question, though, wasn't something she liked to venture in. Everyone of them had their own reasons for joining the Empire's side, from something as simplistic, mindless and crude as Jaakuna's want for killing or, something of higher intent and complexity like Clement's and Nomis's. But none of them minded their trudge through the corpses of innocents or taking the lives of those whose only guilt was that they stood in the way. Would a stone feel sad for a fellow stone that tumbled down the abyss? Would it turn around and show care? but then what does a stone know about emotions and pain? They all disgusted her down to the very pits of her soul. Repulsive beings who knew nothing but to bring about pain and senseless death. Even some Nobodies had some morals than to fall so low. And that was why, despite Salforge's near emotionless state, Ciel held some respect for him. He was a man of opinion and morals, not a degraded human being. And yet, who was she to judge them? Wasn't she among their ranks herself?
True, she didn't join the Empire until later when the Empire had technically gained absolute control over the worlds, yet still, her hands are tainted. All for the larger picture, all for the bigger purpose...They said.

Nevertheless, she thought she would indulge his curiosity, since she had nothing better to do.

"I do not favor it. But some sees it as a necessity to spread their control well and finish the war. The Emperor looks at it like a means to an end. All wars have sacrifices, and this is no different." her voice trailed calm and emotionless in the momentary pause, as if the subject didn't concern her. And for a moment, the air about her seemed to stiffen and get colder in the aftermath of the question.

"I don't see any value in senseless murder or taking away the lives of the innocent. To each of the other Generals' purposes their own, and honestly, I don't care of what they desire from such a position of power. But I'd rather not taint my hands with others' blood anymore. That's why I want this war to end as quickly and efficiently as possible, Mr. Salforge." She leaned back in her chair, and watched with much of a detached interest some kids buying some sea salt ice cream from an ice cream cart. They looked so blissfully carefree.

"But a man of your caliber and morals, why have you chosen to side with the Empire if the thought of fallen victims disturb you as much? Aren't you convinced of the ways of the Empire? surely your path didn't just lead you right here out of coincidence..." Ciel voiced her question with an air of slight amusement, reverting her stormy blue orbs towards his darkened reds. If there was an answer, she'd like to hear it, and hopefully it wouldn't disappoint.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
The former researcher listened as Ciel explained the very nature of allegiance to the empire. Whether it was left up to the need for this form of control to cast a divide between the disparities of both the empire and its victims, at this point it was almost irrelevant. When Salforge's memory from the time of joining, to his current position midst this conversation hadn't changed in the slightest. Harm didn't come upon a single target he'd been instructed to apprehend and capture, detain, and so forth. His deeds were malign in the views of the people who's families he'd torn apart beyond the numerous plans of both dissent and treachery, the empire couldn't tolerate that kind of atmosphere.

Even as she spoke, there was this strong sense behind her words, as if to mask an ulterior motive for it all. A man as composed an analytical as himself could catch this, but would quite bluntly state his case without putting pressure to his position. For their convictions and equal sense of purposefulness, they were one in the same. This made him 'feel' something, and often he would cup his kakugane in his hand to contemplate what exactly this was.

As he formed the hexagonal box in his hand and firmly placed it on the table, a question was aimed at himself.

"But a man of your caliber and morals, why have you chosen to side with the Empire if the thought of fallen victims disturb you as much? Aren't you convinced of the ways of the Empire? surely your path didn't just lead you right here out of coincidence..."

He was never truly monotone when he spoke, but he was always critical about what he believed. Salforge tapped his steel heart he placed on the table only two times, then replied.

"I am merely doing a job and I have to comply with my position, for as long as I see fit. I have never harmed or killed a soul upon entry into the Empire's ranks. This...thing you see here, it's enabled me to do a lot of things I couldn't in a previous life, but I could never just abandon who I really am for the sake of conquest, or even for the mere pleasure of senseless blood and destruction. For everyone I've captured, I've reassured their safety, promised their loved ones that their significant others would just be going away. Preservation of life seems to be what I've been doing up until now." he put his hand on the artificial heart of his, and looked back up upon Ciel's. A look of serious nature seemed to pierce her crystal orbs.

"In truth, I abandoned my earlier excursion I talked with you previously about. The empire as it stands is merely a massive kingdom and rule that's spread into other lands. The way this is viewed as tyrannical is merely fed to the citizens by the highest hand, the emperor. I am no betrayer, but I am not a mere slave without convictions in liberty and prosperity. And so..." he paused briefly, raising his hand to call his heart to his hand, gripping it tightly.

"I've decided to challenge the emperor of darkness by the night of the next new moon. I don't believe these children, the Unbound Hearts have the capacity and resilience needed to deject someone like that from power. Though Ciel, its best if you have other convictions that contract with my own, to subdue me here and now. I wouldn't tell you all people this information if I didn't trust you, and had faith that you are the only one that is capable of stopping me."

--------------

As Alfa had drawn through the portal, what at first looked like a shadow heartless to him, in fact wasn't. As he searched all around the open hall, the portal behind him closed, as expected. The quiet is what made him feel really uncomfortable returning to the castle. As the mercenary kept his eyes peeled for signs of movement, the candle lit table had suddenly been blown out. Left to the perpetual darkness of the room.

"Just my luck right?"
he said cynically, slinging his blade over his shoulders.

A blue flame spat out from the end of the valve, lighting up the room more prevalently than the red flame from before. As if he could see two eyes from a suit of armor, it bolstered with spikes as the helmet pinged shut. Raising its halberd in position it swung towards the light from Alfa's blade. Cutting the feed, he rose his FL to parry and absorb the feed from the shot. "Don't tell me that wasn't a shadow? It was a possessor instead?"

The wail seemed to echo in his face, as the mercenary kicked for the torso administering force to free the possessor from the body. A purple light with his yellow and transfixed eyes could be seen floating about the room.

Awards
A man, black hair and sharp indigo eyes, looking perhaps a bit exasperated. A soldier, marching confidently and fiercely, weapons by his side. It wasn't as if he was the only soldier in Radiant Gardens, and he wasn't the only one with an impressive air to him, either. Far from it, in fact. But he was hard not to notice, if only because of his companion, Spirit.

She was quiet enough, calm enough, more calculating and pensive than even the soldier himself was being as she looked over the ruins. She made an effort to commit everything she was seeing to memory well enough to go over the scene with her eyes closed. She was an excellent soldier for reconnaissance, that was for sure. And she didn't have a carefree or joking manner to her work but it was more than the otherworldly aura she had that made her stand out as a fighter.

She was probably the youngest one on the team for one. Or she looked it at least. She never told anyone her age when they asked, never told a birthday, of a past at all before she and the soldier became partners.

The girl looked no older than thirteen,currently wearing a floral blouse a few sizes too big and black shorts underneath. It would be easy to mistake her for the soldier's biological daughter, really. Her long black hair swayed only slightly in the wind, and she kept her staff behind her as she looked over the ruins again. Her wide, ethereal, blue eyes seemed almost hypnotized by the destruction.

She was silent as she used telekinesis to sift through the rubble in search of more clues as to who did this. We missed an explosion, Joseph, she said telepathically to her partner, a little awed.

“Everything always happens while we're gone, doesn't it?” he responded, only a little annoyed. “A chance to put some rebels in their place. Hard to believe someone let them accomplish this, though.”

Are we getting sloppy or are they a bigger problem than we thought?

Joseph didn't answer, instead kneeling to look at more rubble. “I don't know what you expect to find here.”

Spirit giggled. Joseph, for one, hated quieter jobs like this. She turned her head to look at him for a moment and noticed how his hand was clutched over the hilt of one of his swords. When he noticed her staring, he lowered it to his side, but Spirit could still tell he didn't want to search the aftermath, he wanted to find whomever had done it. Spirit hoped they could soon, if only because she hated to see Joseph unhappy.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Apparently the words ‘send it’ meant a lot more to her than it did anyone else in the room. Aya had reacted rather well to such a pair of words as if she immediately understood exactly what he meant. It wasn’t completely ridiculous, because judging from the technology she already had on hand she must have been quite familiar with such possible technological advancements. It looked like nothing she had on her person either, not like he expected a rebel organization to possess any device that could make such long distance drop offs. If they did, perhaps they’d have hit a lot more targets by now. Perhaps the weaknesses they had weren’t just emotional instability but poor leadership altogether.

Connor shifted weight on his feet and tried not to look at Aya strangely when her enthusiasm took over, and she had returned to her more serious self momentarily. “In a nutshell, yeah, that’s essentially what it does.” he finally responded to her. She had taken a moment to really look him over for whatever reason, though he initially suspected she might have found him handsome. The amount of undercover operations normally ended with a young woman giving him such intense stares. However it seemed Aya’s seriousness had won out and she had only been taking the time to forgive him.

She had also given him the floor.

“All right. You’ve got your Empire. You’re outnumbered, emotionally distraught, and some of you are just looking to take as many with you as you can. Now.” Connor, getting into briefing fashion, returned his hands behind his back and peered towards the ground again without his head inclining downward. “I’ve been here a total of a week, I haven’t seen much ‘resistance’ until that base was destroyed. I can assume why, relating to your leader, or you all in general, but I’ll get straight to the point; you could do more. If you, Ace, can sneak into their base that can prove a couple things. They’re sloppy and arrogant enough to let someone like you slip inside, or maybe you’re better than you look, and no disrespect intended I’d go with the former before the latter. When I think Empire I think of a powerful military or civilization that is either heavy in power, resources, or both. They may not have taken you seriously before but I can guarantee you that if the man in charge is smart, he’ll start changing that tune and hunt you all down before its too late.”

Hopefully he was just stupid.

Connor faced Aya.

“If you’re planning for this operation to happen late at night I’d ask for you to wait on that or at best plan for a less predictable time to infiltrate. If you continually attack at a certain time, they’ll come to expect you, and the last thing you’ll want is to be predictable.”
By now Connor wasn’t sure any of this was reaching Aya at all. Though it was hardly noticeable until now, the air in the room began to pick up and push against everyone who wasn’t in the sizable space Connor had examined earlier. Something was going to enter that space soon.

“Am I mistaken Aya? How much thought did you give this plan? I won’t call you arrogant but I need to know if you thoroughly scouted the area outside the facility ..I don’t really fancy the idea of walking into a trap because you thought a hologram was an active radar that gave you up-to-date information on the facilities current state. I hope I’m making sense.” Connor tilted his head in the hopes that she would justify her plan more, or if someone else would. Aya had never detailed exactly how this hologram of hers worked, and it seemed like more of a schematic than anything. He wasn’t done yet, but felt he may need to take it slow so these non-professional young people can follow him so there is no confusion or misunderstanding.

The air blowing on them grew stronger, but still nothing showed signs of entering. It wasn't loud and disturbing either, so there would be no startling or loud noise, no sort of signal whatsoever outside of this room.

“I’d like it if I could at least show you an alternative means to fighting, as well as doing what rebellions should, gaining support in secret. Can you grant me that opportunity ma‘m?”

Lumine

Awards
"Subdue you?" a slender eyebrow rose questioningly and a faint smile seemed to play at the edges of her lips in a simple show of amusement. She wasn't going to feint not being surprised by the sudden revelation of his plans, on the contrary. Despite the nature of his profession as a Mercenary and not needing to bind his loyalty to anyone he doesn't choose to, it still is quite the change of heart. Obviously he knew what this job entailed when he applied for that position. It was strange he decided to change his stand on the matters so abruptly. However, his words only indicated how his tolerance must have run...short. In her thoughts, she actually shifted her views of him, his dedication to his morals and codes must have won over his allegiances. But--

"While your faith in me is very flattering, Mr. Salforge. Why do you suppose I would try and stop you at all?" her voice rung soft and monotonous like a thin layer of ice forming on the surface of a streaming river. Yet it was not without deliberation to the weight of every word uttered. She directed the intensity of her stormy orbs right back at his own, meeting his gaze with equal, though slightly casual force. And there was this stilled sense of fluidity to her motion as if it was controlled precisely to something as trivial and insignificant as placing a cold cup of coffee on the table or crossing her long, delicate fingers thoughtfully.

"I realize the nature of my job requires me to deal with certain situations that may arise in unlikely places, however, your decisions are your own to take Mr. Salforge. As long as your own individual actions doesn't interfere in my path I don't see the need to confront you. I value my work, and I give it my utmost care, the moment you stand between me and my goals, well, I'd have to apologize in advance then." She paused for a moment, tilting her head to the side in contemplation. True, she had her own agenda and goals to take care of, but still she was curious to see how he'd go about his plans. A bold move like this will certainly attract attention. Well, she'll keep an open eye just in case...

"The incompetence of the Unbound Hearts though, is not something I disagree on. Its just a matter of time before the trail of their recklessness will lead us to them. The only reason they haven't been dealt with seriously thus far is due to the general laziness that has spread among the army. Though yesterday's incident may have served more than just being a waking call." They weren't making much of a challenge, sadly. Ever since the Empire had technically controlled most of the worlds and snuffed most of the major resistance moves that arose afterwards, the general notion of achieved victory that spread through the Army lines was what led to a lack in reinforcing their security and staying alert. Around that time the UH started to appear on the map, though their performance wasn't something on the same level of threat the other resistance movements once posed, that last month marked a rise in their activity. And even then, the situation would have been handled much better if it wasn't for the slackness in the Empire's side.

"As it stands now, they don't have a chance." Ciel voiced, before she quietly rose from her seat. "A word of advice Mr. Salforge:" She placed a few gils on the table for her cup of coffee, before shifting her gaze to him. "If I were you, I would consider the consequences of my actions very carefully."

And for that single moment, there was a soft smile that spread across her porcelain features, before with a slight bow from her head, it departed with her as she walked away and left the small cafe in the corner of the street, on that sunny day.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
"While your faith in me is very flattering, Mr. Salforge. Why do you suppose I would try and stop you at all?"

At this, his hands had collected his steel heart he'd placed on the table and gripped firmly in his hand. With a calculated assessment and perception, he responded with the same precision. "As my associate and partner, should you feel any contempt for me based on what I've just told, I trust you in disposing of me Ciel. The faith, is merely a reflection of what trapped feeling and sense of familiar I myself am unable to dispose of. Which reminds me..."

He trailed off for a moment, placing his steel heart to his chest. It sunk in, and soon resided in his breast once more. Quickly he began to consider something, as the thought he hung on for a time brought him to an earlier conversation they'd had earlier in their career. He'd proceeded to hand her a note, discretely folded. (I will PM you what it says)

"Read this at your discretion at some other time." he said as it left his hands and he listened further.

What could possibly be more of an abstract dealing than to persist with the mindset of treachery. In truth, if the former researcher worried about this, he wouldn't have challenged the guards upon his waltz into Disney Castle. In his memory, he thwarted Clement and O'nam individually and on separate occasions, it wasn't something that was easily tucked away in the back of his mind. He needed to know the traits of his appeared enemies, allies, and potential enemies at the seat of his forlorn betrayal. In any event he was always careful, but he couldn't continue to a seedless leech that worked for the benefit of himself. Maybe what he truly desired, was a quick death...before what he knew he couldn't stop, happened.

Proceeding to listen, he spoke not another word. In her position, to really contemplate what it meant that your accomplished and esteemed associate seemed to paint themselves as a traitor in so many ways. This kind of dissent shouldn't breathe wind among the others, but he trusted her sense of confidentiality, as they did speak of keybladers in their earlier days. She left him with a warning, of what was to be expected by something as fair and opportune as Lady Ciel.

"If I were you, I would consider the consequences of my actions very carefully."

In truth, he'd calculated this measure over and over in his mind many times. As his attention hung on her words, that seemed to echo in his head, he'd even gone so far as to tighten his sense of security. Shutting his eyes as she rose, taking another sip from his mug, now empty and left to the cold of the morning air Ciel had rose and departed. The mercenary, reached into his overcoat as the waitress came approaching the table after Ciel was no longer visible amongst the crowds of civilians.

"You're awfully bad at dating Sir. The lady merely retreated from your company." the waitress responded, collecting Ciel and Salforge's individual tabs.

"You think so?" Salforge actually laughed at such an observation made by a waitress who didn't really see their professional relationship. "She was smiling. Strange, I couldn't see it...but she was smiling."

Awards
When Connor got the chance to speak, he wasted no time in expressing his thoughts. He first mentioned Ace, using his infiltration into the base as an example. Was it really so hard to believe that they had simply planned well enough? "Getting into that base wasn't exactly a cake walk..." Ace cut off his own statement as his eyes narrowed on nothing in particular. He thought about it for a moment. The security was in fact rather lackadaisical considering the position the base held in Radiant Garden. They must have thought it was enough to simply exert their presence and that they didn't have to stay on guard. A costly mistake on their part. The Unbound Hearts had been unpredictable for a long time, however that was only because their actions against the Empire were constantly on a whim. Break up a public beating of civilians, dismantle transports, spike a high ranking officer's drink with hallucinogens, it was all random. Ace frowned weakly, it was kind of obvious now that he thought about it. "They have been underestimating us huh?..." He said to no one in the room, seeming to speak to himself. Regardless the threat they posed had to be acknowledged now, He hoped they were ready for the backlash.

As Connor went on Ace watched Aya’s face out of the corner of his eye. Her face was a well put together façade, Connor’s words were having an effect on her, yet all she relinquished as a show of emotion was an ever more tensing straight mouth, her lips were finely pressed and unmoving. She wasn’t quite expecting this to come out of his mouth, she knew improvements could be made to her plan, no plan was perfect. However he was stomping all over it as if it were a hastily drawn sketch… Well that was true in a way, less than a day’s work was put into the plan. She pursed her lips, holding back a flood of rhetoric that was begging to spew out in what would no doubt be an intellectual cataclysm. She bit the metaphorical tongue so to speak, picking out only her most eloquent of words.

“You… Have a point.” Her tone was like frozen sugar, it came off as innocent and pure, however it was grinding to hear it come out of her mouth. She took a shaky breath, her throat skipping like a dirty music CD. She took out her datapad, in contrast to her earlier movements her fingers were slow. She hated having her intelligence questioned, it meant that she had to cycle back and see how and if she made a mistake. She went through everything in order, her gaze firmly on her device and avoiding Connor’s eyes. “There are… a few holes in this plan…” She spoke hesitantly, her mind plagued with variables she refused to take the time to consider. She wanted to say something, try to defend her plan at least.

His comment about her hologram also irked her. She had to fight the urge to explain to him just why it was an insult to even mention her thinking a hologram could provide constant fresh data. First of all it would take a lot more power than her datapad had to send and receive such long distance information, not to mention they would either need a GPS or have sensory machines placed in the forest. Her left foot began to tap rapidly, her mood beginning to boil over. Ace stepped up behind her, placing a hand on her shoulder. Her foot stopped as she looked to him. He didn’t have to say anything, he knew when she needed someone to calm her down, and she appreciated it. She gave him a silent nod, and Ace stepped forward, choosing to speak for Aya. She was a very poor critic of herself, if he didn’t stop her now she might have wallowed in self-pity, beating herself up over any mistakes she made. This trait of hers was one of the first things Ace noticed about her. She was very intelligent, everyone knew it except her. Every five things she did right were ignored if he made even a single mistake.

“It’s very important that we don’t fail this mission, if there is any course of action you have in mind to make it easier then we’d love to hear it.”

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
--------------------------------------------------------

You know, something, I’ve been meaning to ask you. Why do you have all of these worthless servants under your little thumb doing the work you know you could get done a lot faster? I know, that out of anyone of the entire Empire, you have the quickest way of getting research done, but yet you keep these worthless servants. Might as well as let me kill them all.” Stated Jaakuna, walking beside Nomis as he continued on his path towards one of the numerous streets that stretched and turned into the heart of Radiant Garden, all with the help of his trusted black cane.

I would appreciate it, if you were to somehow curb your violent enthusiasm around my workers, Jaakuna. Breaking their minds, or bodies for that matter, would make it very troublesome for me to replace them.” Replied Nomis, his blue eyes briefly looking out of their corners towards the just slightly taller man.

And that is true, I have been told I am one of the quickest to get my work done by myself, but I found it is just as quick and in some cases even more efficient, to have many hands in order to get things done. Better to have dozens of eyes working for you, then merely your own.” Spoke the cane wielding man, said instrument helping him with the clear limp he had as he walked further through the city with Jaakuna.

And may I enquire, as I have not found yourself running off to brutally butcher some unlucky person, that you are merely “killing” time itself? However if I am incorrect, and it is in fact myself who is keeping you from your duties, then ple…

Just before he finished his sentence, Nomis swung the cane up in front of Jaakuna like the barrier of some toll bridge, before one of the many vehicles which had begun to pop up around the worlds since the Empire took over, sped past the two men, inches from them both as it continued to chug along down the road.

…please do not let me keep you any longer.” Finished Nomis as he smiled to the man, lowering the cane before he began to walk along his intended path once again.

Quite an accident could have occurred; I do hope you will accept my apology for my sudden bout of rudeness towards you there. Much easier to merely stop it from occurring, then wasting time trying to correct it afterwards.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Cakewalk or not, it had still been possible for him to enter it. That was what mattered, and Connor’s opinions didn’t change. He’d be taking advantage of the Empire’s failures as long as they continued to be stupid enough to make them.

For whatever reason Aya had begun to drag things out with some unnecessary pauses, but that was likely due to one reason; she was called out for a less than stellar plan and probably had no way to justify it before someone like him. Judging by the way Dion had chosen to leave them as well as Aya being the only ‘tech’ favorable person here, Connor could assume it was a matter of her never having anyone smart enough, mature enough, or thoughtful enough to ever really put her plans into question. She could hide it as much as she wanted facially, but the pauses in her speech told him enough. It was understandable for a time but when she had repeatedly tapped her foot Connor was beginning to grow a little irked at how easily bothered she was by this, and it had shown just how lacking the group was in general.

After some physical comfort given by Ace, he had finally said something. He’d ignore the possibility of the guys words being sarcastic.

“Communications. Something as big as an Empire needs to transport messages efficiently and quickly over a long distance if they hope to expand their territory. There’s a broadcast tower I want to disable before your operation starts. We cut off their ability to communicate and deafen them while simultaneously increasing the morale of those who want freedom.”
A small brilliant orb of blue had expanded in the exact area Connor had looked towards previously and was growing to the size of a medium table. Glimpsing towards it as the wind grew louder and slightly harsher, he reflected on what he had set himself up with before departing to this place. The glow was powerful and illuminated the room, and normally would've been more silent and less bright if they attempted a subtle drop. This was not one of those times.

“And another thing.”
Connor stepped towards the blue expansion, the small gust not obstructing the words he gave. “The people. The base was a start; you’ve shown not only the Empire but the people that you have the means of going against them. Use that to your advantage and get the people on your side, they could help transport goods, pass on information, and so on. I’m sure someone is bound to get a little drunk and talk too carelessly about a new shipment or a plan to weed you out.”

The blue expansion slowly began to recede and revealed a sleek elevated surface, and on top of it rested a large black rectangular case that lay flat facing him. Peeling back the locks on either side of the top, Connor placed his hand on it, the coolness of it sending tingles down his spine. It was familiar, as were the contents inside. The recession had ceased, leaving his case stationary and unmoved, untouched until now. The system Section III used was becoming more efficient by the year, and with technology like this on the rebels side, victory should be certain.

“It’s optional. Using citizens is a choice, but seeing as you’re already using kids for this rebellion then I think you’ll want to just use any resource you can to settle things. Are there any vendors you two trust to keep you informed should some less than professional grunt or officer decide to carelessly spill some secrets?”
Moving both hands to the folds of the case, Connor unlocked it and slowly peeled it open, revealing his equipment. His vest and assorted devices inside the pockets as he left them. The sleek quiver and folded bow were just as he had left them. And his sunglasses, dark and stylish, always a hit with the women who saw him pass by.

Just as he had left them.

Beginning to remove his jacket, he looked back towards Ace and Aya, only now realizing his back had been to them during his examination. The equipment appeared to be all there, but there was still room for more depending on Aya. Sliding it down his arms he set it beside the case, exposing his body a little further in order to prepare himself for his own operation.

“I’m willing to discuss strategy more but I’d rather you walk with me, we can be more productive that way. Just ..hold the infiltration for the time being, at least until tonight. Ace, you’re free to come unless you’ve got better things to accomplish.” He doubted the kids were intellectuals or strategists, so he didn’t include them. Perhaps they, like Dion, had other things they wanted to do with their day. Aya proved to be the only one who seemed to openly care for planning and actively spoke about it, so she was all he really needed anyway.

“I think we’re done here otherwise.”

Last edited:

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
As a joke, Jaakuna suggested to Nomis that the pale-skinned scientist’s servants all should be wasted. That was obviously a mistake on Jaakuna’s part. He wasn’t expecting for Nomis to actually think that he was serious, but Mr. Pale Skin didn’t see it that way. He actually thought Jaakuna was going to kill the servants right then and there. Though, Nomis really didn’t explain that their lives meant some sort of important to him. He only stated that they would be hard to replace.

“Calm it down white, short, and paley.” Jaakuna jokingly said.

Nomis was pretty observant as he had caught Jaakuna’s reasoning for being over in his area of the explosion. Nomis observantly said that Jaaunka was ‘killing’ time, as a play on Jaakuna’s violent, and rather unholy personality, and the cane-wielder couldn’t be more right. This actually caused Jaakuna to be come lost in thought. He and Nomis continued to the point of the city where cars were a frequent form of transportation as everyone isn’t lucky enough to be gifted by the powers of darkness or the light. If it wasn’t for Nomis seeing that Jaakuna was about to be ran over by incoming cars, and the deaths of the people driving those cars would have been absolute, Nomis put his cane horizontally in front of Jaakuna as a form of a barricade.

After the cars had passed, Nomis lowered his cane, and the two of them had thusly continued down the path that would prompt Nomis to assume that Jaakuna’s time was being wasted by his company, but that wasn’t the truth even in the least of bits. Actually, Jaakuna was finding himself not to be bored, which was the reason he came to see how things were being handled in the first place.

“I’m surprised that you actually think my time is being wasted.” Jaakuna laughed slightly at how ignorant Nomis actually was to the fact. “I rather be doing whatever it is we’re doing than sitting in my hotel room doing absolutely nothing.”

When Nomis commented on what could have been if Jaakuna had been met with the incoming cars, then Nomis was right. There definitely would have been an accident, but not in the sense that Jaakuna would have been harmed. It would be more like a massacre for the people in those cars, and Jaakuna would probably go into a craze where he would mindlessly kill until he’s satisfied, which would be bad for the representation of The Empire that Jaakuna would be…well representing.

“Meh, it’s whatever. That’s just twenty less people that go out of my wrath.” Jaakuna shrugged it off as he went with Nomis to wherever he was going. “So, where exactly are we heading to? I know that we’re not just walking for the sake of enjoying the fresh air…right?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s kind of odd for Cerden to think of past events. It’s true that he is of middle age, but he really doesn’t want to think of himself like that. Cerden is hardly an old man, even though the kids of today’s generation refers to him as such. Who knows? Maybe Cerden is an old man, but he’s a kid at heart…unlike a certain someone he knows, and used to look up to, meteorically-speaking..only that and nothing more. Of course, he’s referring to his adopted brother and former partner in The Empire, Nomis Alexander Claverk.

While thinking of his dear brother, Cerden is sitting in a bar just a few blocks away from the recently-trashed Empire Military base. As he sips his drink of choice, Old-Style Ale with a lime wedge and whisky, Cerden just smiles. He’s not smiling at the fact that The Empire had a base that was able to be taken down, but it was taken down by a kid, based on what Cerden heard from the barkeep in the bar he’s currently in. Cerden knew this had to be the Unbound Hearts.

“Can’t believe their actually did it.” Cerden said as he downed the rest of his drink, and got out of his barstool to head out the bar.

As he was on his way out, Cerden was barricaded or trapped in, for a lack of better words, by five drunken men, who Cerden immediately recognized who they were. These five, drunken men that stood in front of him were the lowest of the low within the Empire. They were the ones who never got any say in what shifts they get when these said shifts are assigned to them

“What are some lowly night guards doing here in this find establishment?" Cerden really wasn’t going to play into the tactic they were going to raise up by acting like their tough guys.

The five guys in front of Cerden all had the same posture — slanted, leaning up against each other, and acting like they were badasses or something. These five men all had the same hair color of black, and their skin was a pale white. Each of them from the left to right had blue, green, brown, yellow, and red eyes, each with several scars around the eyes and mouth areas. The clothing they wore was wore was the normal clothing that night guards wore when they were off-duty: black jeans, white shirt, windbreaker jacket, and black shoes.

“You know exactly why we’re here, Cerden.” Said the man on the far left.

Cerden looked at not only him, but the rest of them, who were giving Cerden a dirty look. He just smiled at the fact they thought this intimidating act would actually make Cerden back down or cower in fear, because that’s not what was going to happen.

“Listen. You can either step out of my way, or you can stay there, and get humiliated in front of all these wonderful people.” Cerden calmly suggested, but obviously sending an intimidating vibe through each of those five men’s spines.

The five, drunken men pondered on the offer, but soon made the biggest mistake they would make as they, one-by-one, went at Cerden with a random action, and they would soon feel the regrets as Cerden would duck and hit each of them in five consecutive actions. This whole ordeal only lasted thirty seconds. After those few seconds, the floor was covered in Empire trash.

“Should have listened to me.” Cerden laughed as he went outside, and away from the then trouble that would soon follow five certain individual.

As Cerden did go out, he looked around, breathed in the fresh air, and heard a voice that he remembered almost instantly. “So he’s here. Very intriguing.”

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
The maleficence of the creature were enamoring. It took the form of a mass of darkness as Alfa's blade ran it through. Consumed in the embers of split ends, it literally "became" a portal of darkness. Alfa just as intrigued fell through it, wallowing in the paths' strangeness. He'd popped out, falling onto a table and bringing it down with his body. Startling the woman Salforge was speaking with, her notepad went up into the air.

"Aaaaaaah!"

"Cool your nerves kind woman. It looks like...is that you Phil?" Salforge eyed him, and spoke with intended sarcasm as he extended his arm.

"Phil?" the voice returned, revealing that it was FLLFFL that had landed on his table, reaching for his ally's hand. "You never cease with the jokes, Darien. Old names, who'd of thought."

"Glad to see you've maintained your sense of relativity through this little excursion of yours. So Alfa, why are you flying through portals and landing on cafe tables?" Salforge said helping him lift the table, nevermind the eyes of the onlookers.

Alfa returned the gesture and propped the table up and refolded the cloth and he caught the mugs on his grip. "Clement just sent me on a task, as I was returning a possessor heartless used the portal. When I destroyed it, its body turned into a portal of darkness, go figure."

Salforge listened carefully, and stared a bit fixated on his blade "FL". "Alfa, why is it you never unseal that thing? It's like me with my dark malice crescent right? A bit overpowered?"

The swordsman shrugged it off. "Like the empire needs to see me doing one hit kills using potential and kinetic energy. You forget yourself immovable block. How's the search going for the master?"

Salforge's eyes tailored all around, there were people everywhere. More importantly, alfa's stumbling in gave them more attention than he desired. "Don't kill me, but I gave up looking for him a long time ago."

Alfa seemed to tilt his head, bringing up the blunt side of his FL, and striking Salforge at the back of the head.

-PING!-

The loud noise wrung in the ears of the captivated audience that watched him. The steel heart scratched his head, and looked at Alfa with a conveyance of deliberate hostility. "Trying to see if my head is on straight?"

"I gave you a warning about what could happen if you let go of yourself, years ago. The fact your head is still there means you haven't, and I'm sure you know just me hitting you whether I am using the blunt side or sharp, that could've killed you just now. Don't loose your nerve youngster."

Salforge sighed. "I haven't lost my nerve Alfa, in fact its quite the opposite. I've gained more since entering--"

"You don't have to say anymore beyond that son. I'm with you without you needing to be specific, but I'll begin training you immediately so you don't get overwhelmed. You already know what happened to me, but before it happens to you I'll make sure you accomplish what you're planning before it happens."

Salforge's eyes widened a little, to convey a flicker of light in his dull eyes. His companion and him shared a past, though Alfa unlike him had progressed just a little farther than he had. He gripped his fist, and phased his kakugane into his palm. Holding it out to Alfa, as the two of them departed from the cafe and treked to a discrete open space.

Last edited:

Lumine

Awards
The Empire's R&D department wasn't something to boast about, nor was it part of their eloquent and brightly column of job vacancies that they advertised in the papers. It largely remained a matter unspoken of except within the higher ranks of his Imperial Highness's army or, when the section discussed its budgeting and operations'...issues. Accomplishments, failures and scrapped projects remained entirely a semi-secretive matter handled by the Generals and those involved within the section itself, leaving much to speculate about what goes behind the doors of this obscure Division. Well, talk about shady.

Mr. Bloody Sneer, or less commonly known as Dr. Severus Atomos acts as the -most proper- Head of the R&D Division. Since its establishment 5 years ago he has been in charge of it, leading it with a meticulous and silent pace of progress. A man in the dark as much as his section is, doubtlessly his secretiveness has rubbed well on how he manages his division. It is a rare occurrence that anyone would know what he is thinking of, or planning to do. Unless, they were a good reader of character. He was a professional though, you could tell with how well he pulls on that poker face. The nickname, however, was another story. It garnered much popularity among his peers and colleagues ever since it surfaced in the labs, even though no one knows who called it first. But It was the perfect and most reasonable explanation to that cold and joyful sneer that curved across his lips when he had made any new venture or discovery, even when his hands were tainted deep with the blood of his test subjects.

For the last 2 years, he has become infatuated with a new breakthrough of his, something he thought would change the face of the worlds as they are today. It was his golden opportunity, his fine hour. For this he poured in the Empire's valuable resources and all his knowledge to start what he dubbed as the 'Phoenix' project. A project constructed solely to test and study a certain group of individuals who have come to naturally possess quite the unconventional and peculiar abilities. If he could unlock the secrets behind how these abilities spawned, then the possibilities could be endless. He would be making History, he would change the worlds. He just needed the proper test subjects. And he found them, he chased them, captured and tested them. Over, and over, and over...and over again. It hasn't become strange to hear about sudden disappearances of a couple of Individuals, or the detaining of another citizen who would never see the light of day again. If I didn't know any better, he would be technically the more gruesome version of GlaDOS. Without the luring promise of a Cake, though.

When not working within the confines of the Underground Labs of Radient Gardent, well, before they were destroyed that is, he secluded himself in his own mansion, within his study refusing all notions of socializing or even good company. He didn't find the accompanying security any less annoying either, and his guardians had a hard time trying to do their duty of protecting him, or as they were ordered to. He thought they were useless anyways, so he made it a habit to make fun of them, to let them know how insignificant they were. He devised his own security measures, he made his own safety procedures and invented the right devices to apply it, the finer trinkets to practice it and his inventions took over leaving a little less role than a normal soldier would do to his guardians. It all played into his cautiousness, and how he prized his privacy and life. He has made of himself a hard man and a detestable, intelligent opponent. It wasn't a surprise that he would eventually be targeted. No, that wasn't the surprise.

The surprise was to his own assigned duty guard, on the early morning of this day. When he came to check on the Doctor, as the annoying protocol states it, wishing that he doesn't get much scorning from the foul creature lurking in the study, did he discover the bloodied corpse. Throat slit, chest as still as a rock, eyes gawking lifelessly at the ceiling. He was Dead and had been so for some time. The man barely took in the sight, and had rushed quickly to sound the alarms and inform his superiors. It wasn't the Death of the Doctor that had this sense of urgency brought upon him. In truth it was what was left with the Doctor's dead body. What was Blotched on the sterile and dull white wall of the study was a vivid crimson mark and a message wrote daringly in blood.

Voice shaken, he waited for an answer to interrupt the ringing on the other side. And praying, that this incident doesn't give his superior the excuse to deduct from this Month's pay check. His thoughts were interrupted when, the other side of the line received an answer.

"Lady Ciel, This is an emergency. Dr. Atomos Has been Murdered."

[To Be Continued]

Awards
As Connor went on speaking Ace and Aya listened. He hadn't said much when the corner of the room that had been rather subtly disturbing the air in the room erupted in action. A sphere of bright azure light appeared, accompanied by a burst of wind that bordered on turbulence. It was not agitating, only begging for any eyes to be drawn to it's mysterious presence. Shizuka's blue eyes shined as she observed the transportation taking place. She was highly curious as to just what was being brought over. She figured if it was important enough to warrant this type of movement then it must be something amazing. Aya's sight was focused as well, though for a different reason. The intricacies being displayed before her caused her mind to flutter with mechanical wonder. She would love to take a look at the technology at work here.

Ace meanwhile grimaced as the wind hit his face and cascaded over his ears. He could still hear Connor thankfully, and he took in everything he was saying. He had found the contents of Connor's case more interesting than their flashy arrival. He noticed a compact bow among his equipment, and then and there he could tell archery was his specialty. Not only because of the obvious weapon, but the subtle excitement he sensed from him. He knew the feeling well, Ace himself felt naked without his blade.

Crossing his arms Ace thought over Connor's words. He intended to deal with the Empire's communications. This course of action had been presented before, however at the time Aya was still invested in gaining information by tapping into their channels. Recently they have stopped that endeavor, the information they could get was hardly ever useful. Any important information was clearly being discussed in a secure manner. Going through with this now would indeed help them in the future, as their actions were becoming more bold.

"Hmm..." Ace was mulling things over, silently. A flick to his forehead via Aya's middle finger snapped him out of his stupor. "Right, sorry." Uncrossing his arms he turned to Connor. "We have the people's support firmly in hand. It wasn't hard really, word gets around of a rebel group opposing a tyrannical empire, people jump on board. Bartenders, construction workers, we even have a few people working as spies on the inside." They had eyes and ears in many places, their numbers were nowhere near the Empire's, however there was more than enough of them to cover nearly the entire city.

"I'm coming of course, whatever this plan is I'd like to be a part of it." Ace spoke with a determined tone, There were other things he could do, however he was itching to bring the hammer down on the Empire in any way.

"So are we doing this soon? I can show you around the city while we're out there."

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
That one piece of additional information caused a momentary lapse in Connor's judgement of the Empire. The Emperor wasn't going to be able to control anything at this rate, especially if the people didn't fear his wrath. And to think just yesterday he was considering the Empire a legitimate threat. He had paused his actions and thought this over closely, giving Caeley a knowing glance as she too might have been able to consider how simple and ineffective this Empire was proving to be. Already Connor was beginning to be unable to value Dion as much of an ally due to his own nature here, and now to hear how the Empire was failing to keep the people in fear and control almost made this mission seem like a waste. "Unbelievable.." he muttered to himself, facing his gear once more.

This was not the threat he left his world expecting to face.

His combat vest had fit like a glove, and in the middle of taking his mechanized quiver he responded to them both.

"We do it now, that way they won't constantly expect you at night. The cover of darkness is good but should you keep attacking at those times, they'll know when to expect you and step up on security. This will achieve paranoia and lower morale ..and knowing that a rebel could be anyone nearby, it'll cut back on the foot soldiers abusing their authority. Civilians won't be harassed nearly as much as they are now ..but this could be a double-edged sword as well. We're going to need to work hard to protect them just as much as our own identities and lives. Understood?" Connor knew that paranoia could both help and harm a rebellion. Rebellion's were generally for the good of all, but an Empire being beaten and outwitted could change this around and put innocent lives on the line should they prove cowardly and pathetic.

An Empire that wasn't respectable or intelligent, like this one, may end up resorting to that should the leadership become desperate.

The quiver, lined with his multiple arrows both normal and situation-based was now on his back, the strap secured over his vest through a fitting imprint traveling down the vest, helping keep it in place. Taking the jacket that was discarded he slipped his hand inside and took the handgun that they had all seen him draw yesterday. At first he believed his bow was all he'd need, but something told him it might be useful at a later time somehow. Taking it and the extra mag from his jacket, he set them aside and folded it up, placing it inside the case. His hands traveled along the vest, feeling the three throwing knives lined at his front, and the two secured around his back.

"This should go without saying but traveling with a quiver like this would draw a little more attention than I'd like. I've scouted most of the city this past week, but if you know some areas with the least amount of traffic I could use to help get myself around easier I would appreciate it if you showed me after the tower is disabled." Reaching inside the large case for one more item, he retrieved his compressed bow and gripped the handle in his left hand. Applying the precise amount of pressure and gripping it well, he jerked his arm forward slightly to provide the minor amount of momentum used to help eject it from its compressed state, allowing it to be in its full state. This was a standard check, and like all his equipment Connor took care of it well. Satisfied he gripped the handle of it twice and it collapsed on itself once more. An imprint on his vest allowed him to place it somewhere easily reachable but instead of that he brought it over his back, allowing it to magnetically seal itself against the back of his quiver.

The spare mag of the pistol was pocketed in the vest, and the handgun itself was also placed on an imprinted location on the vest.

"Send off."

The wind in the room picked up once more, and the case left a lot faster than it had appeared. Transportation across worlds wasn't easy, but in the same world was definitely easier, especially if they knew the location already. In mere moments the entire package was sent off.

Connor turned to Ace and Aya, waiting on them.

He was ready to rain hell on the Empire.

-

This was new; there was no iron grip on the people, nor any repercussions for being found assisting rebels, even suspecting them. Taking a long sip from his mug the Director of Section III was, like Connor, both surprised and unimpressed with this Empire. If they were that lenient but insisted on complete control, then this world could easily hold its ground against them.

But that still didn't mean others could.

"This could be taken care of within a week at best ..maybe I gave this enemy too much credit." It wasn't like Satoshi to underestimate but if the current state of things in Radiant Garden were so good that a group of angry children could be the bulk of the rebel force, and the people could actually help the rebels without any strict repercussions, then this operation may be easier than he suspected. Connor and Caeley may be the only operatives really necessary for this assignment.

But ..that could always change.

Awards
"Unbelievable.."

Ace raised a quizzical brow to Connor's reaction to his words. Something he said didn't sit well with him. But what was it? Was it his mentioning of the civilian's help? No it couldn't be just that, and yet Connor got some sort of rough impression from it. He put it off his mind for now, he'd only give himself a headache thinking about it. He listened to him as he took care of his equipment. For a moment he wondered just how familiar this man was with combat, how intimate he was with death. He was obviously a professional, he could see it in his posture alone. It was a good thing he was on the right side, he would hate to make an enemy out of him.

"Oh wow~ That's a bow?" Shizuka gently pushed past Ace, marveling at the mechanical bow as Connor checked it. Her face was flushed with genuine curiosity. Her eyes shined with an intent that screamed 'let me see! let me see!' "I practiced a bit of archery in the academies, before they were unfortunately 'closed' down. What kind of range can you get with it? I just so happ-" A duo of interrupting coughs from Ace and Aya cut her off. Shizuka let out an embarrassed giggle and backed away from Connor. Her hands were already reaching for the bow, not as if she even noticed until just now. "I'd like to try it out sometime, if you don't mind."

"Send off."

The air kicked up once again, this time reclaiming the hard case. The event transpired much faster this time, leaving little trace of it's self. Ace straightened out his shirt, which was blown about by the wind. "I agree about the civilians, the Empire already looks down on them as if they are worthless trash, now that they know there is a threat they'll have more of an excuse to harass them. They don't even need a proper reason, one officer in a bad mood can lock up anyone." He grimaced at the thought, he'd seen far too many people beaten or forced into jail for petty reasons. It was more than just a twisted system, it was a complete lack of order and morals. All of the chips were on the table, from now on they had to go all in to protect these people.

"Believe it or not bearing open arms is very common here, as there are no law forbidding it. Heh, I can understand wanting to keep a low profile however, you would be easily identifiable with those arrows poking out. Alright, I'll lead the way, showing you the best places to lay low around here." He said, stepping forward and opening the door. Aya stepped in front of him, standing in the open doorway. She looked to Caeley, then to Connor.

"I'm going to go ahead and find a place to support you all. Connor, I look forward to seeing more of that technology of yours, so don't die today alright?~" She waved to everyone and exited the room.

"There she goes again... Let's go." Ace moved forward to exit, turning back to Shizuka and Taka for a moment. "Taka, you look after Shizuka, at least until we know it's safe for her to be alone."

~~~~

"Across the street from here is the Big Bowl Bar." Acesto pointed to a slate gray brick building in the distance. They had made their way out of the train tunnels and onto the streets. They were avoiding the sidewalk for now, keeping their route in between the tall buildings and alleys. The bar didn't look much different from the other buildings, it's only distinguishable feature was a neon sign displaying it's name. "The barkeep is one of us, if anything big happens around here he'll more than likely have information about it. His name is Lyle, just drop my name and I've sure he'll be more than accommodating to you."

Ace went on as they headed towards the tower, pointing out places of interest, and important people to keep in mind. He almost felt like a tour guide, only the things he was talking about were Unbound Hearts land marks. They were coming up to the tower soon when Ace went off the topic of hiding places and undercover rebels. "Say Connor..." He started, taking a moment to gather his words before he spoke again. "What do you think of this world? Do you think it really stands a chance against the Empire?" He asked, not knowing why he bothered with the inquiry. Perhaps he was simply curious? He nearly laughed aloud, getting curious for no good reason was meant to be Shizuka's thing.

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
As they wandered the streets astray and shy of even lesser radiant garden residents. Salforge had begun to contemplate a bit more in depth the lengths of his deception. In thinking over Alfa's recent action to 'impale him' but was subject to a rejection. This was a thought that almost seemed like an epidemic...but what were they doing this for? Potentially this group was moving in to further their infiltration and driving out of the Empire and not one of them stationed in Radiant Garden had been dispatched. Not Salforge, not Ciel, not FLLFFL, Jakuuna, or even Nomis.

At times these are the cards we're dealt with, and leadership is what at times a lax and over-estimating individual would presume upon his subordinates. Unable to stop thinking about it, Salforge projected a nefarious plan to mask his sudden soft-spot by provoking himself for the sake of his convictions. The more somber the thought, you would think this post would be more open about thoughts aimed at an objective versus the never ending criticisms and blatant hurt expectations? The notion was easily dismissed due to lack of relevance.

"Didn't you have two kakugane? What happened to your black kakugane the master gave you?"

FLLFFL stopped walking, and looked down at his sword. "Lets just say it found a permanent place within me. I'm a little worried, it's been a long time since I've felt or entertained emotions but, sacrifice makes those feelings come out and the consequence was I lost it."

The researcher had always studied this theory with the master. The heart had been an object of interest, and manufacturing one was no different than artificially creating emblem heartless. He pondered as they strummed through the streets. The castle had been raided and already acquired by their forces, as the two mercenaries flashed their emblems, the guards permitted their entry.

"You never told me there was some bratty teenager that was a general. O'nam I think, he really dislikes you. I wonder if he'd hate me if I told him I used to be just like you. Though, the reality beyond that concept is my heart is quite tangible now. The old man really knew what he was talking about. Salforge, its been 20 years and you haven't aged a day since then."

Salforge stopped in his tracks and turned to Alfa. "I didn't want to be rude, that I immediately deemed irrational to do. You are right, I have retained my state for that long, you must've in many respects resolved a stand-in heart and resumed your body's full functionality but Alfa...I've never seen you use magic before." he questioned with a look of intrigue.

The swordsman scoffed, "Listen kid, we'll have time to talk about what happened to me after I teach you something valuable. It's as clear as the look on your face that someone's got a hold on your consciousness, and you're now pressured to re-institute your thoughts and register how they make you feel. Ultimately the good news is, a sacrificial part of it is what inspires that rapid change. Considering that Kakugane is locked in your breast, and that keyblade is still shattered, you're as much a steel heart as the five of us could be at the time."

Alfa swayed his hands in a polite, and jesting manner.

"We've had enough discussion. If you want your plan to succeed, then I have to teach you how to kill. From your record, you haven't been so fortunate in that department, and personally I frown upon it. Since you think a lot faster than me, it will just come to you what to do when you're face with that option. You wanted to see my Arms Alchemy right?"

Salforge gave him a stern an indifferent nod to which wasn't conditioned.

"Alright kid, just don't think lugging around your crescent will stop me from swinging my unsealed FL. You go first."

Extending his hand, Salforge forged his dark malice crescent in his hand. A broad blade with a curved end, and designed from the grip to the curve DMC. "Busou Renkin!" The court yard was lit a blaze with a thick dark red light as so much time has passed since his arms alchemy had been unleashed it collected the woes and malcontent of countless since the empires stream of takeovers. "Salvation." he said, flowing with the eminence of his light but thick black blade. The air had become stagnant and stale, as if Salvation were by maddening means. He slung it over his shoulder, the force not cutting into his frame or the shells, but impaling the right beneath his foot. A mini crater where his stood floating over it.

"Got a little Xigbar in you Sal? I would've never guessed...Busou Renkin."

Alfa had extended his arm, and hung his blade outward. It remained unchanged, though upon inspection, the blade itself was flickering with embedded residue. "Infinity." Alfa said before lifting it up again. "As you know, I'm able to bide forces that come my way or ones I go against. For every atom that composes my sword, I can hit one opponent with them, even tapping them, it will feel like I'm swinging the blade itself at them several times multiplying the attack's recoil by the tap for each individual atom along the steel itself. My ability I can't use during Infinity, because it's passively tied into it since our arms alchemy's unsealed forms are in some way connected to our body's individual techniques. For you, absorbing relations and remaining unchanged at the center, gravity my dear comrade. Lets be fair, my cuts don't work instantly against magical barriers, but something without magic the effects and recoil take effect instantly. Since you can change your body's density, keep that in mind if I ever tap you and when your guard is down, it just might kill you."

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Shizuka was a young but very enthusiastic character when examining his equipment, but Connor didn't deny her that curiosity. At another time and in another place he'd have humored her, even let her shoot a few at a firing range, but as it were there just wasn't any time for that kind of relaxation. Luckily Aya and Ace cut in before he had to deny her himself.

So far Ace was showing him the key landmarks he'd need to know if he needed to lay low, or to gain information from a trustworthy vendor. The system had worked out for them well enough up until now, and Connor was taking mental notes of where to retreat to when a situation demanded it. Just before leaving he had a private word with Caeley, insisting they would speak to one another later on, and that she was free to return to the apartment for the time being.

Moving on from the Big Bowl Bar, and he'd have to admit that was a very interesting name, he kept pace with Ace in case he needed to display any more locations of interest until his curiosity had gotten the better of him.

"You've survived, haven't you?" Connor paused in his steps and took hold of Ace's shoulder, prompting him to stop momentarily as well."So long as at least one has the will to fight back, the Empire won't win. It's why I responded the way I did earlier ..I expected them to perform a lot better, and to hear that you had a good handful of perfectly willing souls ..well I'm convinced this Empire isn't as intelligent as I expected it to be." It was a little sad to think that a man like him could know how to run an Empire better than the man behind the force itself, but at the same time it was to be expected. Connor loved history and enjoyed his fair share of military strategy. The Emperor was very lenient as of now and that may have been because the rebels hadn't struck as hard as they had in recent days. Things were going to change around here.

"I expected some greater show of an iron grip, but I guess I should be thankful that this is going to be so easy. If the Emperor's reach is extended far beyond this world, this means his resources are spread as well. We'll take advantage of his carelessness, and one day soon you'll see you and your people free."
releasing his shoulder, Connor nodded his head towards the tower in the distance. "If I come off as arrogant, I apologize ..I had some expectations. I expected a rebellion full of adults, not children. I expected a stronger Empire, but they rested in a cradle of power for so long they seem to be slipping up."

That was it; the man held expectations. It was his first time outside of his home world and he expected some serious intelligence on the other side. As it turned out, his expectations were too high, but it was still early to judge all this. Perhaps the Empire just never had to display what they were really capable of.

For the sake of all those that were going to be involved, he hoped things would work out with the least amount of blood for the innocent.

But sometimes things didn't work out how you desired.

One of the first steps he took as a leader was acceptance, even if he hated the idea. Not every life could be preserved, not every soldier could come home. It was a bitter truth that you never really understood unless you were the one in charge. Only with that kind of experience could you understand how cruel this life could be. Nothing was perfect, but perhaps it was just in human nature, or at least in Connor's nature, to fight that.

"I've got some things to get over and fast ..the kids, Dion ..the Empire ..all of it. It's a personal thing ..but it doesn't change the fact I'm still an ally in this fight."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back