• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Solace In Night [RP Thread]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Quick to let go of his sword after Ace had told him that things were okay, Taka leaned over to look past Connor and give Ace a look. He heard the blind joke but, right now he would let Ace slide. Unfortunately it seemed as everyone had jokes for Taka as the women told Taka to keep his hands off of anything that might get him hurt and ask nicely. He didn't know who she thought she was but, she knew not of Taka and a grave mistake to say such things that underestimated him because he was a child. Instead of getting angry over it like others, Taka simply gave the woman a big smile while repsonding, "Well let me be so kind as to ask you nicely not to speak to me with such underestimation."

Taking a step to the side, he let his vibrations from his steps and waves of everything around lead him to a wall right by Ace. Leaning against it, Taka folded his arms with his unemployed eyes firmly on the two, studying the color of their wave. He wondered what they wanted and if it actually matter to the UH's plans. Even as the youngest, Taka was mature enough to sit and listen to them. If they were lying then Taka would act as the human lie detector which is what he was doing as they speak. Connor was quick to speak and stated his point, and made it clear that he wanted to have a meeting the next day. There was no pondering to be had from Taka as he felt he got what he needed from the adult male's heartbeats.

He walked up to Connor, showing just how short Taka was in comparison. Either Taka hadn't hit a growth spurt or Connor was 7 ft tall. "My name is Taka. If you can give your name then I can give my own." Taka commented happily though standing this close was to make sure the vibrations he got from Connor were correct. The youngster turned around and made his way over to Ace, standing beside him, looking in the opposite direction. "Idk if we can trust them, but i'm not detecting a lie or he's just that good." Taka whispered before looking at Shizuka and smiling.

Awards
Radiant Garden 9:20 AM​

The room shook every so slightly as a roaring mechanical beast could be heard passing by. This wasn't the most glamorous place to have a meeting, however it was perfectly out of the way and under the radar of the empire's eyes. It was a service room located right alongside a set of running train tracks. It was in the middle of the tunnel, so as to be out of the way. The directions to get here had been plain and simple, getting here shouldn't pose much of an issue to Connor and Caeley. Acesto waited inside this room, his back against the rough cement wall. He was the only one here at the moment, he figured it was because he was ten minutes early. Still, a certain someone was supposed to be here with him.

The door opened slowly, creaking as it's rusty hinges moved. In walked Shizuka. "Where were you? I was just about to call you. Weren't you right behind me?" Ace asked, closing the door behind her as she walked in.

"I was held up, these tunnels are quite interesting." She stated rather earnestly, busying herself by rummaging through a tool box. Ace sighed.

"You got distracted. Didn't I say it was dangerous to go anywhere alone? The empire is no doubt after you, after your power." He tried to beat it into her head, though he wasn't sure she was getting the hint. in fact he was sure she didn't even hear him just then. That could be because this was the tenth time he's said it to her... She pulled out a hand held drill from the box, after inspecting it her face lit up like a Moogle in a nut factory.

"Mythril! I finally found some!" She was absolutely delighted, Ace didn't see why until she touched the tip of the drill. Her entire arm took on the properties of the metal, shining with a dull sparkle. She had been wanting to get a hold of a piece of this metal for a while, it was a rare element that had a multitude of uses.

"That's like a hobby to you isn't it? Just how many materials have you 'learned?'" She grinned, shifting her arms through various materials. Glass, paper, wood, it went on and on.

"No idea."

"Of course..."

Just then the door opened again, a man that appeared to be in his mid-thirties walked inside. He had a well built figure, with a masculine jaw line and a ever present stubble. His dusty black hair was like a raging river frozen in place, falling just above his neck. "Good morning sir, our new potential allies should be here soon. They seem trust worthy enough, but are you sure you should show them your face?"

He tilted his head back slightly, giving him a toothy grin. "You worry too much Acesto, I'm sure they mean us no harm. The leader of the Unbound Hearts must not be afraid to show his face after all. Besides, if they do end up being threats we can just kill them here right?" He laughed, his deep voice echoing in the small room. It would have been funny, if he were actually joking.

"R-right sir..."

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Her shoulders ached. Caeley rolled her shoulders to alleviate some of the pain from them, they were stiff. Rubbing her right shoulder, Caeley grimaced as she walked up to the proposed meeting place. Shady wasn’t a good word to describe it, absolutely enigmatic would be more appropriate. After walking toward the outskirts for what felt like ages, they find the place. Connor directly behind her, Caeley couldn’t help but smile as they headed down the tunnel.

The reason for her aching shoulders was certainly not deterioration due to age. Caeley is a youthful, energetic young woman with an excellently toned athletic body, so, the idea of muscle stiffness at such a young age is improbable. It was thanks to her sleeping conditions last night. The beds were stiff and the pillows were pathetic, but, that wasn’t the biggest issue, after all, she didn’t really spend a lot of time to sleep properly on the bed.

“It’s hard to take these guys seriously,” Caeley muttered to Connor, “Some of these guys are still snot-nosed, it’s a bit ridiculous.”

She huffed lightly as she folded her arms over her chest. Again, it wasn’t like she had much room to talk because she was younger when she became a proper soldier. And she won’t try to justify it, claiming that she has more right to be a soldier, true, circumstances were different and more severe in her case, but if she were to travel back in time at this age to when she was a child, she’d try her hardest to get her away from Section III.

She doesn’t regret anything she has done, “Regrets come last,” her teacher’s voice reminded her. Regrets were something unworthy of her, no, she never regrets anything because that just helped in molding her.

But children simply cannot be in dangerous situations, the adults have to take responsibility for their sins and let the children live in peace, that’s the difference between adults and children.

~--~
Octavia winced as she wrapped the dressing around her injured arm. She had managed to stop the swelling and thanks to some painkillers, the pain had subsided. However, she couldn’t be too reliant on painkillers, she can’t she needs to think straight. If her mind was disturbed even by a little bit, she’d be unable to make an informed, rational decision.
Then again, this was a stupid idea no matter how rational she makes it out to be.

Glancing back down on the papers, she noted that there were several of these installations from this Empire. She wasn’t very interested in what this Empire is, but these guys seem influential. Maybe it might be worth a check, if it can get her home after all, she would have nothing to lose.

Except, you know, her life.

She slipped on her shirt, hiding the dressing, and another coat hiding her knives and assorted tools within her coat. Easy to access, difficult to see. There were be no need for violence, however, as all she plans to do is to do a little recon.

Taking a deep breath, she headed out of the inn and toward the outskirts, near this large forest.

~--~

They were in the tunnel. Absolutely dusty and dank, certainly something not properly maintained, but Caeley hasn’t kept up with her tunnel logistics as of late so she wouldn’t know. She recalled the instructions she was given and searched for the service door.

Ah, there it was.

Not exactly out of sight, but then again no one would be looking in such an out-of-place location like this. She opened the door and a room appeared before them. A strange group in front of them, she recognized Ace and Shizuka but not the older man.

Stepping inside, she maintained a neutral expression, with her arms crossed she produced a powerful air of confidence, that she wasn’t as nice as she is pretty.

“Hello,” she said to the older man and nodded to Ace and Shizuka, “I’m Caeley, this is Connor. And you are?”

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
10 minutes ago ~

Looking at the leader, Taka hoped the man knew where he was going. They had just arrived in the underground tunnel as rumbled from the movement of the machine, Taka feeling every bit of it. He didn't really like trains as they obscured his sense of touch. Too many vibrations at one time and not too mention they were heavy as hell. It's what caused him to lag behind the leader. Lagging behind the boss man was a big mistake as he was liable to leave you behind. All Taka knew that there was now a map of the station in his hand and the leader was nowhere to be heard, or smelled, or felt. That was one person that Taka had a hard time keeping a beat on.

"Now why do I feel like this is a map.....that I can't read.........god damn it!" Taka exclaimed as he unrolled the map.

10 Minutes later~

For ten minutes the young boy was confused on the layout of the place. With the stupid train disturbing him, Taka was very unfortunate in his bid to find the service room. And that's when his noise picked up on an extremely lovely scent. It was so familiar yet felt new at the same time. Aya's voice came from over his shoulder, wondering why he was not with the leader. It was embarrassing for him to say it as he scour a base and kill several soldiers in armed combat yet, he couldn't find a simple room. "I'm lost." Taka said in a low, shameful voice while he scratched his head with a grin. A second didn't go buy as Aya grabbed Taka's hand and brought him to the service room.

Both Aya and Taka entered the room to see Caeley and Connor had already arrived. It was good to know that they liked to poignant. "Sorry we're last." Taka said before redirecting his voice at the leader, "Someone left the blind kid to read a map." Taka nodded to both Caeley and Connor before leaning against the wall with his hands holding on to the top of his scarf. Another train rushed past causing Taka's whole body to shake in reaction.

Last edited:

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Boredom was the main emotion that Jaakuna was feeling at this very moment. Of course, as time went on, his emotions flipped over, and inverted from bored to uncontainable excitement. Yup, that was the unstable, and quite frankly, the unpredictable side that most of the Empire know Jaakuna to have. A lot of them sometimes stray from his path cause they know unstable he is. This is probably why him Soujuu get along in a contently manner. The amount they get along is about as much a wary cat and an impatient dog gets along.

“I smelt you a mile away, Soujuu.” Jaakuna commented as the wonderful, yet annoying Soujuu appeared to grace Jaak with his sadistic, and somewhat annoying self. Soujuu and Jaakuna were alike in many ways. The two of them thrived on the suffering of others, and both found enjoyment in the terrorizing that had became of several worlds, and their inevitable suffering for an eternity. Not only that, but they both had their own, individual ways of dealing with people who piss them off. It’s for that reason alone why Jakauna prefers Soujuu’s company than anyone else in The Empire.

As Soujuu went on and on like he always does, Jaakuna kind of dazed in and out. He really didn’t care, but he did tune in enough to get the jist of everything. By the time he got done talking, a good ten minutes already had passed by. It was at this point Jaakuna started to smile in his usual devilish smile. When he smiled like that, it always brought trouble for both sides of his actions. He smiled like only because he now knew of how fun things were going to get, but the only shameful part of this all is that the suspects probably already got away to a place of hiding.

Jaakuna placed his hand on Soujuu’s shoulder as if he was being serious or something. “Listen Soujuu. As much as I’d like to get my little hands on those mongrels who dare cross us, I’m getting sleepy. This walk I had really made me work up some Z’s. So, you can get them if you’d like, but I doubt you’ll find them at this time of night.” Jaakuna briefly looked up to the sky, thusly moving his hands into his jacket pockets. “It’s probably 3-ish, maybe even 4 O’Clock. So, if you need me..well don’t need me. I’m getting some rest.” Jaakuna walked away with his hands in his pants pockets, and he vanished into a dark portal, and returned to his hotel room.

- - - 5 hours later: 9:30AM - - -

After the not-so-eventful night he had, and the not-so-great sleep he got, Jaakuna was probably along the lines of damn-right cranky, and mess-with-me-and-I’ll-gut-your-eyes-out kind of mood. In his right mind..well there is no right mind when it comes to Jaakuna, but he’s pretty antsy, and that’s not a good thing, especially for those who will come into contact with Jaakuna. Thankfully there’s coffee in the hotel lobby he’s staying in

Jaakuna didn’t bother taking much of his clothes off when he went to bed. Actually, all he took off was his shoes, and jacket. So, that left him shoeless, and shirtless. His blonde hair was in the form of pillow hair. So, it was all over the place. This was nothing that a quite swipe over the head with his hands won’t fix. Jaakuna’s hair is silky-smooth, so it’s easily fixed by hand. Jaakuna didn’t bother putting his jacket on. He just left his room shirtless so that everyone(even his fellow Empirees) could see his rippling muscles.

Stepping out of his room, Jaakuna had a rather nice view. There was a decent setting when he stepped out. Nice arrangement in the lobby it looked like. There were soldiers enjoying the breakfast buffet, and some higher-ups doing the same. Jaakuna quickly jumped over his second-story placement. He was aiming to land in the bushes that were piled in every central corner, but he misplaced his jump, and he was going to land in the pond that was going through the entire lobby area. So, to avoid that, Jaakuna opened up a dark portal which transferred him onto a table where some low-ranking officers were — keyword WERE — enjoying their hot cup of coffee, and their eggs with bacon and toast.

The soldiers didn’t bother to look up before they said something they were going to regret.

“WATCH IT SHITFA---”
Before they could finish, Jaakuna gave them his calm, yet violent glare. It was as if, I n that very moment, Jaakuna silently gave them a warning he was about to kill them, but he didn’t. Actually Jaakuna calmly walked off the table, but he did take their tray, and dumped the food on one of their heads as he only needed one.

Continuing on, Jaakuna got himself a little food to munch on. First he got an everything-on-it omelet that a base of five eggs that had all three kinds of vel peppers, raw onions, chives, ham, turkey, roast beef, lots of bacon, and inside and on top, lots and lots of cheese. On the side, there was a hash of everything in the omelet, and orange juice along with a cappuccino with whipped cream on top. This was for Jaakuna to eat all to himself.

Everybody looked at Jaakuna as if he were a pig or something. “WHAT!? GOT SOMETHING TO SAY!?”

Immediately everyone went back to their own food, whereas Jaakuna sat at a table far away from everyone else so he could pig out in his lonesome, and so he did which started to gross out just about everyone. He didn’t even bother using a fork because he was just going to use his bare hands to dig in, and boy did he ever.

He started by devouring the hash in a mere two minutes, which about ten percent of it got onto his face, and another ten percent of it got on his chest, and the rest was in and out of his mouth. The omelet took him a whopping five minutes cause it was so massive. About half of that didn’t even go nowhere near his mouth. That’s self-explanatory, yes? As for his drinks, they were sipped casually as Jaakuna then returned to that of normal behavior or whatever is considered normal among the Empire.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Salforge sat in the of a Bastion position, slumped over as the block hovered in the shadows of what was once darkness. The man didn't require sleep, he felt like a petrified zombie on late posts, what exactly was fatigue, a sensation? Rolling his eyes, he contemplated it further as the roundabout goon squads did their thing patrolling as if the irregular activity weren't enough. He had to imagine the others, such as Roy and Ciel were at wits end with their lack of sleep, Sal was a bit more modest, he didn't sleep. He would close is eyes and deliver that ever evasive illusion that he did, but anyway back to what he was hardly counting as an observation.

❝EVEN MORE FABRICATIONS❞

He came back with something of a lost expression. Salforge was strumming along not particularly worried about the scuttling of the soldiers that came to bare the empire's cross as he did on his right shoulder. Hands firmly tucked in his pockets, he remained composed during mild uproar, as he raised his brow it cracked. Illusion. No, the data copy had made its way here on its own to report to Lady Ciel.

"Well. You seem a bit more troubled than usual, almost as if your seeing things? Are you?"

The mental realm was a deadly one to enter, as he reached for her forehead, usually as a casual pluck that she could potentially disdain, the figure of Salforge began to dissociate into "data" or his Dusklanzer (he calls his duplicates "data" retrieved by his Dusklanzer/worthless keyblade). This quickly became a modest jest as Salforge himself came to sit on the over hanging railing of the bridge.

"Don't worry, I'm here for real this time. A lot of activity going on, do we have any information on that separate faction? I can't really recall their name, just if they stick out, that happens to be who we're trailing right?"

He had to give himself an excuse to make a joke with that kind of statement. Things were always so formal and dull, even though he was an indifferent male, he was capable of something. Laughter was one of them, though he couldn't be sure if Ciel was partial to his seclusive sense of humor, because unlike him, she had to endure her emotions. Likely why...that was troubling her.

In his silence, the his data dispersed elsewhere made a mock up of what they'd learned. He could feel it, his dusklanzer beginning to put itself back into its semi-resolved state, forever unstable. Through the refractions and reflections he put the information together almost instantly. This was always such an invaluable tool, his enemies to be fearful of an indirect and unaddressed skill just done by pure observation alone.

"I believe I'm caught up. Do you need a moment to compose yourself Lady Ciel?"

Its kind of ironic...a steelheart asking that kind of question isn't it? Its almost as if he felt a puncture in his chest, a skewed line that traced a very shrewd outline around the rim of his left breast and it was no hexagonal shape. Salforge made a face Ciel would surely notice, one she'd never seen him make, of exasperation. Within that second you could tell, he was human...or he could remember something from being human, a feeling...but only a feeling.

He carried these events with him upon returning to the hotel they were staying in. Salforge took his spot, and sat upon the dresser reading. He never slept, only observed. Always.

Last edited:

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Radiant Garden 10.07AM

By morning, the fires which had begun to spread from the wreckage of the Military base became nothing more but smouldering piles of black charred metal and bricks. Any glass which remained was littered around the ruin of the large building, melted and gone forever or crunched under the numerous boots which moved around the disaster site. Since the night before, it didn’t take long for many of the Empire’s workers and scientists to arrive on the scene, doing their best to piece together what had happened and more importantly what they had lost.

Just on the outskirts of the ash stained ground, a rather well dressed man appeared to be enjoying the sight, especially with the clear day that was granted to all those who were busy working. The steam which rose from the delicately etched tea cup, continued to rise even as he lifted the piece up to his lips, tasting the sweet liquid inside it before placing it back down on its accompanying saucer. Charging straight through the area, a tall man in what must have been once a white lab coat, now dusted with the dark ash, seemed set on his path towards the sitting man whom seemed to have no problem with him approaching. While at first the scientist was in a rush, his speed soon fell to that of a brisk walk before finally becoming nothing more but a cautious advance.

Yes?” Asked the sitting man, once again taking another sip of the light brown tea as the scientist stood towering over him, a very nervous look present on his face.

Um, y-you asked for a report sir?

That I did. And?” With the gentle clink of the cup and saucer, the scientist appeared to get more nervous, especially as the well dressed man had his full attention on him now.

W-Well, we believe we found the focal point of the explosion. Pieces of some device were found as well, but nothing too clear to allow us to work out what exactly it was…

I’d believe from the scene here, that it was an explosive of some sort?” The well dressed man pointed out, just as a large metal strut, one of only a few which survived the initial explosion and following fires, collapsed with a loud ringing screech causing the scientist to almost jump out of his skin especially with trying to focus on the man and his constant smirk.

Y-Yes! Of c-course you’re r-right, sir!

And judging by not continuing, that was all you came by to tell me?

Precisely, sir…” He replied, swallowing a lump in his throat as the man proceeded to take another sip from the cup he had.

Well, then you may go back to sorting out what’s left to salvage. Goodbye for now.

Y-Yes, sir. Thank y-you, sir!” The scientist was soon running as far as he could from the man, kicking up the settled ash around him as he grew smaller the further he got.

This caused the sitting man to chuckle a little under his breath, finishing the tea completely before the cup and saucer were removed by one of two young women standing close to him. Their style of dress being that of a modest and rather practical long dress, much closer in design to that of a maid than anything else.

Thank you, my dears. That should be all for now.” Said the man, smiling to both girls on either side of him, the two bowing respectfully back to him.

Lord Nomis.
Master Clacverk.

With that the two women left the sides of Nomis, carrying with them the various objects used for his tea and leaving only the older man sitting upon the chair, still overseeing the growing stacks of metal, brick and luckily other piles of usable items.

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
The crisp golden rays spilled through the half curtained window showering the small hotel chamber with a brilliant morning light. The large four poster bed lying at the end of the room, held nothing atop it but the untouched neatness of its red and gold covers. In front of it, the small ornate coffee table was scattered with papers all over, a few of which successfully found their way to the floor and a silent phone that had hardly stopped ringing until the first rays of dawn broke the horizon. On its flanks sat two red and temptingly comfortable armchairs, one of which had resting on it a fine gray sheath holding a rather ornate rapier, and a folded royal purple cloak. The couch between them lie unoccupied, except for the lithe silhouette that sat rather carelessly and uncomfortably in its middle. The young woman must have dozed off during her work, for she sat awkwardly as if she was in the middle of reading something important, most likely the paper that dangled from her left hand. It was a rare sight to see Ciel sleeping so carelessly, so peacefully like this. Almost like a child. Without the cold and repelling mask that always veiled her face, the delicateness of her features surfaced once again and to the eyes she could be easily mistaken for a sleeping fairy.

Her eyes flickered and blinked, and she stirred from her sleep. "What time is it?" Ciel muttered sleepily to no one in particular. She quickly raised herself from the cushions and spared a glance towards the clock ticking on the wall. 9:05, it read. Her blue irises squinted at that blaring morning light after spending most of their time in the dark. What a night... she must have dozed off while reading the last report about yesterday's 'Accident'. She propped herself up, feeling quite uncomfortable around her neck. She had stayed up late the day before, handling the after mass of the destroyed military base or as passed to the unwary citizens of Radient Garden, 'A Gas Pipe Explosion'. She had come to her hotel room around 5 a.m. after she had insured that the scene was completely cleaned of any evidence that would indicate otherwise. Whatever was left of the Labs' was transported safely to another location outside the city, and the rest was history. The cover up story was woven pretty well to the audience, and although some, obviously, doubted the truth of it, others couldn't completely deny it either. Making a story out of it would only let the fire burn brighter, the best course was to leave it open ended, till it was forgotten. Well, eventually.

Absentmindedly, she brushed aside a couple of hair strands from her face, and rose from her seat, stretching extravagantly. I could use a good cup of coffee now, she exhaled, the thought of a good and refreshing cup held such a delightful prospect now after yesterday's work. She quickly noted the report mess on her coffee table, and decided to tidy things up before heading out to grab breakfast. Twenty minutes later, Ciel had found herself a nice and small cafe on the corner of the street, and she sat there near one of the windows, basking in the sun's warmth. Quietly, she took a sip from her cup of finely brewed coffee, and then a second, while her gaze watched nothing in particular as she recalled and thought of the events of the day before...

Last edited:
Awards
Caeley and Connor entered the meeting room, stirring Ace and alleviating Shizuka's growing boredom. He had to refuse her numerous requests to turn his katana into a jello blade, no matter how 'delicious' it would be. Caeley acknowledged the two people here she'd met already, Ace simply nodded back, while Shizuka bowed. Shizuka went back to rummaging through the tools in the room Ace kept his eyes on Caeley and Connor. Caeley was flaunting a proud and serious demeanor, much the same as when he first saw her. It was a respectable feature, though it made her hard to read. The leader of the Unbound Hearts clapped his hands together once, flashing the two newcomers a welcoming smile.

"Pleasure to meet you both. My name is Dionysis; I am the leader of The Unbound Hearts.” Dionysis was ‘charming’ as usual, however there was always an underlining serious intent behind his warn persona. Before he could go on the door opened again, Aya stepped in with Taka behind her. Taka clearly wasn’t pleased that he had been left behind; Dionysis knew he would make it here fine regardless however.

“Here sir, I’ve confirmed the data that Ace was able to recover.” Aya handed the leader a device with a large screen, as he looked it over Shizuka walked over to Taka, she had a slightly worried frown displayed.

“Do you not like the trains? I noticed you shake as one passed us by.” She was unaware of his blindness, though what he said as he entered tipped her off to it. She knew such a disability could be a sore subject, so she decided to ease into it. Dionysis meanwhile had finished going over the data, handing it back to Aya he looked to Connor and Caeley.

“We’ve just made a very important discovery; we now know the source of the Emperor’s power.”

“Where is it?” Ace chimed in, wanting to hear more details. He made a grab for Aya’s datapad, which she promptly moved away from his hand.

“Easy there Ace.” She said, patting him on the head. “We know it’s in the forest surrounding the city, a few miles east to be precise. It appears to be a factory of some sort, just what is ‘produced’ there is an unknown.”

“A team must be sent there as soon as possible.” Dionysis said, looking rather stern. They had made quite a stir back at the base; there was a high chance that the empire would be on guard. “I have little doubt that they are aware of the information we acquired, they might be making preparations as we speak. Connor, Caeley, I know this is on short notice however time is of the essence…” He crossed his arms, tapping his fingers against his arms as he was in deep thought. “We could use your help in this matter, are you ready offer us assistance?”

Disney Castle​

Large doors at least forty feet tall opened as Ryoko entered a throne room. The windows were draped shut, smothering any light that would otherwise make this a dazzling hall. The place was downright depressing instead, just being inside this room made Ryoko feel as if something or someone were trying to drag out every ounce of hope in her heart. Not that she was bothered by this atmosphere; she had abandoned the very notion of ‘hope’ long ago anyhow. Sitting in the lone throne in this space was a vague figure. Not vague due to lack of sight but of characteristic. The Emperor was sitting there, his face hidden under a black cloak, his posture lacking any sense of self. He didn’t look like he belonged there, yet he was the very essence of this room.

“You called Lord Emperor?” Ryoko stood in the middle of the room; she was awakened from her sleep only moments ago, yet showed no signs of fatigue. That was because she was looking forward to what the Emperor had to say to her. Whenever he had orders for her it meant she had an exciting time ahead of her.

“The base in Radiant Garden was attacked not too long ago.” He said, his voice barely audible yet snatching her attention towards it. “Honestly I could care less about that base; its importance is minimal in the grand scheme of things.” He spoke the truth, the base’s place on that world was significant; however it did little to further his ambitions. “There is a problem however; the good doctor let the rebels get a hold of some very… sensitive information.”

“How sensitive?” Ryoko asked, though she had an idea of the answer. The Emperor raised his right hand, a dark swirling portal opened behind her.

“I need you to go to the factory. This is a precaution, however should the need arise you are to call for assistance, understood?”

“Understood, though I’m sure I can handle it myself.” Ryoko bowed, backing into the dark corridor and vanishing from the room.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
The steel heart sat at the luxury of a grand sized dresser. He didn't flinch as he was reading a book, from the grasp of his hands. It was odd, but Salforge never slept, the very idea of actually attempting to sleep would bring upon the fear of his nightmares. Memories, to be forever engraved into the very confines of his head. He would only see his master and fellow researchers to be gamed and nearly suffering a heartless' fate. His fist clenched in the mere reflection of this memory, was this possibly rage?

"Why would you save us...only to abandon us..."

Rays of light began to peak through the blinds. In this large room he sat by himself, with only the company of his book, his untouched bed, and the furnishings that were stationary. His red eyes were almost sinister, yet held something of an unrequited sorrow meshed with anger behind them. Those two forces gave him the tools of indifference he gripped firmly in his mind in the here and now. The man proceeded to rise from the dresser and dust himself down. The mercenary had more of a olden-time attire.

A long sleeved collared shirt of white, with golden cufflinks. A gray v-shaped vest of a soft fabric, a fastened red-orange tie to compliment the color of his bang's natural highlights. Industrial, but nonetheless formal black pants and the fitting shoes. A black trench coat with a hood draped over this, the deception was to see such an appearance in a man would lead you to believe he was harmless. This is possibly due to his roots as a researcher to be so formal. As he adjusted his tie in the mirror, he released a bored sigh before moving over to claim is trench coat from the front desk.

Captive in thought, the Unbound Hearts were sure to attack the factory. Though, to do that with the empire so firmly entrenched, it seemed almost like a futile act. Though within reasonable doubt to diminish, they did cause the explosion from last night, credible nonetheless. His palm holding his chin as he approached the front desk, asking the teller for his coat. Gracious was the man, Salforge equally courteous as a rational move on his part. He'd departed at about 9:15 A.M. that morning.

It was then he'd headed over and evaluated the scene. The emblem recognizable on his trench coat, the former researcher didn't find it difficult to put two and two together. The report from earlier that he contemplated, well it was as detailed as this yard was a mess. Standing around, truly it didn't make sense to stand around here anymore. It was his summation that Clement, as high-strung as he was likely would be having the grunts watch him. Salforge found this humorous and shrugged, rather than sit around here they should be making preparations.

His feet were swift and they carried him across town. He joined Ciel in a cup of coffe, it was kind of ironic considering he never really ate or drink anything, to him that was a luxury.

"Enjoying the morning?"

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Sleep was good, even better knowing that working with the rebels was now possible. Though it was his mission, Caeley had desired to lead them there for whatever reason. He had no reason to protest since who led them there didn't exactly matter, but she figured it was worth a trade. In exchange for her getting the opportunity to lead them there, she would remind him why following her wasn't too bad. Connor knew exactly why it wasn't bad, but that didn't stop her.

And he was glad it didn't.

Keeping close to Caeley, Connor kept fairly calm until Caeley recalled how snot-nosed some of the people were last night. It wasn't going to take rocket science, earth science, or chemical science to deduce who exactly she was referring to. A strong pair of hands pressed themselves to her shoulders and lightly massaged them as they continued walking towards their destination. "They're hurting themselves more than they are you, just remember that.." he whispered close to her ear. This meeting of theirs could go well, or it could go ..not-so-well for them. Whatever the case Caeley was already having her doubts about these people. Connor shared her doubts, but this meeting would hopefully determine if this cause was worth fighting for.

The rest of the trip was uneventful and quiet, but no complaints were given because the view was always nice from where he had been standing. Though he did open his comm channel and make a quick and silent call; the Director would want to be present in silence.

Entering the tunnel and stepping inside the service tunnel, Connor followed behind Caeley and stood beside her as she made introductions. Acesto and Shizuka were here, but there was someone else, someone older. Deducing him as the leader or at least a senior member, Connor soon found his initial guess correct as the man introduced himself as Dionysis, the leader of the rebels. For a moment Connor questioned Ace's intelligence, but figured that they were too desperate to really take too many precautions. Before more could be said, late arrivals had come. Connor looked over his shoulder, finding two from last night arriving. The kid had come, for whatever reason.. and it reminded Connor of what he didn't like about all this and not just the kids bratty personality thus far.

The girl he knew as Aya got straight to business, no greeting or delay. Connor could appreciate that, and he did, which is why he wasn't hurt or disturbed by what one would determine as rude. Though Taka nodded his head at him, Connor didn't return the gesture. He didn't condone his presence here, nor did he prefer it. This wasn't right.

Facing the leader again as Shizuka made small talk with the small one, Dionysis brought to them very good news. A facility was discovered, one firmly believed by him to be the source that gave this 'Emperor', the leader of the Empire it seemed, his power. After Ace's momentary impatience Connor had heard the details on the environment surrounding the facility. Trees meant cover and height, both of which would allow him more room to work with the element of surprise.

Dion asked for assistance, something they were obviously both willing to give.

"We wouldn't be here if we weren't willing to lend our assistance, we can't let this Empire spread any further."
It had to end here. But before Dion or anyone else could intervene Connor stepped forward. "There's just one concern of mine, and I'll ask that everyone in here allows the man to justify this himself." Of course there were probably going to be those that talked anyway, and that was what Connor was almost hoping for. There was a point that needed to be proven. Looking the man in the eyes, Connor brought his arms and hands behind his back.

"I understand you're a rebellion against a power far greater than yourselves.. but I think the minute you involve children in this, it becomes a problem. I'm a man who knows how to use all resources available, but I'd never resort to using anyone in this room below eighteen years of age."
Connor continued quickly before any could interrupt. "I don't care about his or her fighting capability, so don't try using that to back yourself up. A child is a child ..and if you're using them to fight your battles, what makes you better than the Empire you're fighting? Just how bad are things here to make such a thing necessary?"

Anyone below eighteen years of age was, to Connor, and the legal system, a child. Heck if it were up to him no one below twenty would be here fighting, but he wasn't leading this rebellion, and perhaps they couldn't be so picky in that regard. He respected this man for wanting to fight, but didn't respect how he was choosing to do it.

Awards
"We wouldn't be here if we weren't willing to lend our assistance, we can't let this Empire spread any further."

Dionysis nodded his head in acknowledgment, as well as appreciation. Connor stepped forward, his tone had suddenly changed. There was something he had to say, and Dionysis knew it was something personal. There was something bothering this young man, he could see it on his face.

"There's just one concern of mine, and I'll ask that everyone in here allows the man to justify this himself."

Ace raised and eyebrow at Connor, he obviously didn't know this man so why was he giving him the third degree? Ace was curious as to just what it was that he felt needed to be 'justified.' He looked to his leader, who did not appear as anxious as him, he simply stood there awaiting Connor's next words.

"I understand you're a rebellion against a power far greater than yourselves.. but I think the minute you involve children in this, it becomes a problem. I'm a man who knows how to use all resources available, but I'd never resort to using anyone in this room below eighteen years of age."

Acesto's raised eyebrow twitched. So that was what his problem was. Frankly such an issue had never come to mind to him. He had his own reasons for joining the Unbound Hearts, and he knew all too well of others reasons for choosing to fight. Speaking out came to mind as he had much to say on the matter, however Connor requested that Dionysis answer this himself. Not only that, but Ace had a feeling that his young age would hamper the influence of his words anyway. He looked to his leader again, his expression was like a stone wall, he was waiting for Connor to finish speaking.

"I don't care about his or her fighting capability, so don't try using that to back yourself up. A child is a child ..and if you're using them to fight your battles, what makes you better than the Empire you're fighting? Just how bad are things here to make such a thing necessary?"

Dionysis let out a rather tired sigh, his bulky shoulders seeming to deflate as the air left his mouth. He gave Connor a sincere look, his eyes slouched and relaxed. "I wonder about that myself at times, and I will admit that I've had my doubts. However I've found that this is all bigger than just me…” He stopped talking for a moment, stroking the stubble on his chin as if it would help him put his feelings into words. “Do you know why I started the Unbound Hearts? It wasn’t just for the sake of stopping the Empire, it was to give these kids a fighting chance. Back when the Empire first invaded this world, things were in fact quite bad.” His mind slipped into grim remembrance of the past as he brought dark memories to the surface of his thoughts.

“With the keyblade academies gone as well as their masters, the students were scattered. If one wasn’t drenched in despair then there were at least two burning with rage. Many lost themselves to the draw of revenge, wasting their lives as they took the Empire’s forces head on. It was difficult to watch, so I decided to do something about it. I organized those who intended to fight, to give them a fighting chance. I’d be lying if I said I was content with people so young becoming accustomed to war, but I believe it’s better than them becoming accustomed to death and hopelessness.”

Dionysis’ wide toothy smile crept back to his face. It was the type of smile that said little, yet implied much. It was as if he were hiding something, yet he gave no indication that there was anything he could possibly be hiding. “So, shall we go over the details of the mission?”

Last edited:

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
The explanation given by the leader was what Connor hoped it to be; honest. He never expected him to lie about his intentions but still the young man found himself hoping for something better. As it turned out, it came down to the boiling rage of the kids themselves rather than his own real choice. A soldier who was filled with passion may have the motivation to press forward and do the impressive, but none of that would mean anything if you were dead by rushing in without greater thought on the situation. As it turned out, from what Dion was saying, these kids had lost much since the Empire had entered their worlds. To be fair the man made the call he felt was right, and still chose to do so in order to give the brash youth more of a chance than they had disorganized and angry. It wasn't what the young man wanted to hear, but what he wanted wasn't realistic. When an Empire came to your world and wiped out all you knew and loved, you fought to protect, to preserve..

To avenge.

It wasn't the life he'd want for the youth in this world but the sooner they drove this Empire into the ground, the sooner everyone could return to the peaceful life they all desired. For that to happen, they had to put their lives on the line for what they sought. Connor hated it, but at the same time he understood the situation perfectly. It was sad but true.

Nodding his head to comply with Dion, Connor brought his arms to his side once more, having nothing more to say on the matter for the time being. "I understand. When this operation is completed, I'd like it if Caeley and I could talk strategy with you. There are some questions I have but they can wait. " Not arrogance, but an offering. The Section III operatives were here to help, and that meant offering their skills, experience, knowledge, and so on in order to come to the desired objective; See the Empire destroyed. If Dion could tell them enough, then it would be very easy for them to hit the Empire harder and faster than they'd expect.

"Please proceed."

Taking a drink from a black mug the Director listened carefully in his own observatory. Currently there was no live feed, no conflict or early morning operation that needed to be taken control of. Arcadia, and Elysium in general, was silent and blind to the presence of a tyrannical empire bent on domination. He preferred it that way. Leaning against a plain grey desk on which a black laptop rested idle, the brew the Director drank was a strange one. It was caffeinated, but was not any kind of coffee. For his power to make almost anything that was unreal and unfounded become reality, he had not been the founder of this brew but had taken to it fairly quickly. He was not a coffee man, nor a morning person, but he still worked hard to preserve his world and protect it, and for that he'd trade in a few extra hours of sleep to be on top of any situation at any time. It was something the previous two directors took pride in; the initiative, not waiting for what is to occur to occur, and instead to actively anticipate what could occur at any given time. This world was powerful, but it was strange, and its greatest enemy had always been itself.

Those in the service room in that tunnel were not the only ones listening in to what was said, and what was going to be said. Connor had given his report late last night and he had arrived at the base to receive it. A talk lasting no more than a few minutes was shared between the two little more than half an hour ago, where he was informed of where they'd meet and when. In order to not need a report after all was said and done, the idea was for him to listen to the briefing himself and that is exactly what he had been doing when Connor opened the connection himself just before entering the room. No one but Caeley and Connor would logically know this, but when the time was right, he would be able to make an introduction to Dionysis. Though the Director was still concerned with the people that made up the rebellion, he would reserve full judgment.

The agents would decide how legitimate and worthwhile they were, but the objective was the same.

Swallowing the last of his drink, he set the now empty mug down and folded his arms, keeping his eyes settled on the floor below him. Just as Connor did, he wanted to know the details of this mission himself and see just how capable the rebels were with plans of ac
tion.

Considering one of Connor's own was there with him listening, this had to be good. She wasn't easily satisfied..

What have you got, resistance..?

Last edited:

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
(OCC: Not much, but it gets the job done.))

When Jaakuna left the Hotel Plaza, it was pretty obvious that people would be complaining at the mess he left. If one were to be there and stare at his table he was using has whipped cream and a bunch of shit that would really be hard to get out. As for Jaakuna himself, he’s finding himself going to check out the now reduced-to-rubble base. His actual reason is to see how exactly it got blown up, and if it just so happens that the quiet, yet crazy scientist Nomis is there, then it’s a big plus for him.

Appearing onto the scene via dark portal, Jaakuna saw all of Nomis’ men trying to figure out everything,b ut that lazy fella is just sipping his tea…well not anymore, but he was, and when Jaakuna decided to surprise him, Nomis would not be a happy camper. Using another Dark Portal to appear behind Nomis, Jaakung quietly, and very jokingly surprised him. “HEYYYY! WHATCHA UP TO!”

Awards
"Please proceed."

Dionysis nodded sharply, he was glad Connor was content with his answer. He knew he wasn't 'happy' with it, and frankly he didn't want him to be. It was important that he understood the weight of this war, not just for himself but the fate of everyone. "Of course, and I look forward to what you and your partner can bring to the table. I'll be leaving now, I believe Aya can brief you all on the mission details." Placing his left hand into his black khakis' pocket he walked out of the room.

Aya stepped forward, moving to the center of the room. Clutching her datapad in her left arm she swiftly entered in multiple keystrokes. As her nimble fingers finished flying across the device she sat it on the ground face up. She had a determined sheen in her eyes, a glimmer that only surfaced when she was in her element, technology. She became rather business like, whatever teasing facets of her persona were overridden by her mature tone. The room lit up with a soft blue hue as a hologram of a square shaped building took form in the air. Dense digitized trees could be seen surrounding the building, with only a narrow road coming in from the north. The hologram was to scale, and one could easily see that the tree line ended approximately one hundred feet from the building. It was as if the forest were huddled over the building, offering it protection from peering eyes, yet refusing to smother it.

“This is the factory. It appears to be a fairly minimal structure, and due to its location and lack of activity it gives the impression that it has been deserted. That is untrue of course.” Aya flicked her right hand across the hologram, making the refracted light bend as the north road faced opposite of her. “The data we acquired from the Empire’s base makes mention of a great power deep within the facility. I think it’s safe to assume that whatever this power is it’s most likely underground, and we have to find it.” With another swipe of her hand a complicated menu appeared in front of her, after pushing a few ‘buttons’ three areas on the hologram lit up with a red light. One was the road, the second was an entrance facing the road, and the third was a second entrance on the west side of the building.

Closing the menu Aya walked over to the north-west section of the hologram. “It’s obvious that we should avoid entering from the road, any Imperial traffic will most likely be coming from there. I’ll get back to it however.” She pointed to the west entrance. “A service entrance, used to transport large materials too small for the north one. It is no longer in use, as this factory is self-serving and requires no maintenance. This will be our way in.” She pointed back to the road, and then to the north door. “We will need a lookout covering the road, as well as the two entrances. A position in the northwest trees should prove optimal. Once the coast is surely clear a team will exit from the west and enter through the service entrance.” She stopped talking for a moment, deep in thought. Ace spoke up.

"Will you be on this 'team' Aya?" He asked. It was a sincere question and his calm voice did not leave anything to the imagination, however he was asking because he was worried about her. Aya unlike him and Shizuka did not have any combat training. She was a prodigy when it came to technology sure, but rushing into an unknown Empire facility was too much. She responded with a chuckle, which always made him a bit nervous. Aya had a way of seeing through him and getting under his skin.

"Not this time. I'll be listening in throughout the mission and will provide support.... Please don't interrupt my thought process Acesto dear~." She asked as sweet as a honeysuckle, but a shiver went down Ace's spine as her olive green eyes glared at him. He had to make note to not bug her when she's in her 'Tech ex machina' mode. "Anyway..." She continued, closing the hologram and retrieving her datapad. She was still busy typing away in it, but spoke to the group nonetheless. "Now who will be the precious lookout? It will be your responsibility to cover the infiltration team, which will be made up of the rest of you."

Last edited:

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
Now if she didn't have to worry about yesterday's Incident, she'd have been enjoying a fine day here. From that corner of the cafe, the sun rays slipped from the open window beside her, streaming a plethora of warming reflections to the inside of the small but well kept business. The strands of her hair were played through by the lovely morning wind, catching the warm golden rays in their light snowy confines. Their gentle warmth could melt all troubles away if one would let it in, and yet it wasn't enough to melt the icy expression off her face. The air carried the scent of a million things, but more prominently, the refreshing scent of the white azaleas outside her window and a blend of the welcoming briskness of the hot cup of coffee resting between her hands. It wasn't entirely quiet inside the place, voices rang about like a great orchestra led by the starting day. People going in and out, families passing by, children playing, businesses to be taken care of, all moving in fast motion around her. The Normalcy of it all would have set anyone back to reality, this was another day, like any other, waiting for you to make it count or slip past you, whichever was your choice. And yet, why did it feel so surreal to her, as if she was watching it from behind the thickness of a window of glass, as if the goings of this world didn't touch her. Being so close and yet detached. She felt she was in a world of her own, out of anything's reach.

Was it all because of what happened yesterday? Could just upon a simple slip of a memory she'd feel this way?
The stormy blues of her orbs darkened, and suddenly even the warmth of the coffee seemed distant in the coldness of the present she found herself in. No, she quickly shook the thought away, I am just tired from yesterday's mess. This is nothing, She had assured herself, choosing to forget about the ordeal all together, she had things more important than this to think about. Far more important matters, like the investigation and above all else That other affair. She promised to handle it well, after all this was why she is here. Athena didn't like to miss her deadlines, and Ciel was going to ensure it didn't.

"Enjoying the morning?" a familiar voice greeted her, breaking her train of thoughts. Salforge, unchanged and energized as ever, sat in front of her with the steam still lingering from his own cup of coffee.

"More or less," she answered rather quietly, shifting her gaze from her companion towards her own half-empty cup. "But I do hope yours fair better than mine, Salforge." Her almost unconcerned voice betrayed the polite gesture, but whether she really meant it or was pretending to was left up to the imagination.

"Any updates concerning the investigation?" She had asked, without as much glancing away from her cup. As if it held the most important answer in the world. Though the truth is she was just recalling yesterday's encounter...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fire , or whatever was left of it, was still eating away at the building and its rubble as people went about work. The gloom undertone of the gray smoke coated the air, the smell of burnt metal and melted walls filled the once breezy atmosphere. It wasn't the most cheery sites but nevertheless Ciel stood at the back, overlooking the clean out operation taking place. The thoughts of times past have but vanished a moment ago as she tried to focus at the task at hand, and ignore the stream of negative thoughts that would ever come. She doesn't need that now.

"Well. You seem a bit more troubled than usual, almost as if your seeing things? Are you?"

Salforge, she had turned to face him, her visage filled with nothing but serenity and seriousness. And yet inside, she cursed her lack of control on her emotions. It wasn't healthy.

"Whatever anybody would see from a scene like this... Ghosts of the past, a shadow of a memory. But don't we all see the things of our past in our present, the experiences of the time before beyond our knowledge working in its way to correct or reveal our mistakes..." She responded, letting the end of her sentence hang vaguely. Whatever she saw, she shouldn't have let it surface to her emotion.

"I believe I'm caught up. Do you need a moment to compose yourself Lady Ciel?"

"I need no such thing, Salforge..Provide me with all what you have gathered, if you may." She had hardly finished responding when she had seen it, and perhaps for the first time, in Salforge's face. A trace of an emotion. A trail of exasperation rising to his features, and then he seemed, she imagined, like the human he once used to be. The steel heart, despite all its advantages, wasn't a factory of emotion like a genuine heart was. And as much as it gave, it took away. It wasn't a favorable state of existence, and yet Ciel thought, no, knew that Salforge can, if he would have ever desired, call for the heart he once had. To let the natural flow of emotion course through him again would give birth to what was once his. For now, they were but prisoners to their hearts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prisoner Ciel thought, almost smirking at how ironically fitting the word described them. She took a sip from her cup of coffee but it has gone cold long ago.

Last edited:

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
This Aya woman was smart. That was pretty much her only thought in this, although she had thoroughly agreed with Connor’s concerns earlier, she wasn’t the most vocal type about concerns like this, mostly because she doesn’t enjoy beating the proverbial dead horse. If Connor had already voiced his concerns, that matched hers, then it would be a bit useless if she threw in her own two cents, reiterating what was already said.

She simply sat back and watched the briefing. Strange, however, that someone as tough and relentless as her would be the strong, silent type, then again, that’s what she was taught. Going back to what was said earlier, however, Aya was smart, it would be extremely helpful if they got a woman like her for Section III.

Ace had, of course, remarked during the briefing, causing her to roll her eyes. She knew types like him and if she knew him a little better, she’d probably give him a good knock on the head to quit with the unnecessary comments. But, Aya had a bit of an attitude, hmph, well, there is certainly nothing wrong with that, it had done its job and gotten him to straighten up.

Now finished with the briefing, Aya had asked who the lookout would be. An answer would be unnecessary as it was obvious, in fact, the question was a bit unnecessary but then again, Aya didn’t really know Connor that well, so, she got that going for her; I suppose.

Without any other words exchanged from Caeley, she looked over to Connor and gave him a small smile.

“What’re you gonna ask for this time?” she asked, knowing that he would need to resupply on some equipment. Caeley used equipment like any other field agent just fine, she was perfectly trained and capable of using gadgets and weapons, she just preferred her body as a weapon, it felt comfortable, to her. If this assignment required any technological sabotage, she’d certainly ask for some equipment on her own, but that was already being handled by the residential technophile.

“Try not to outdo these guys too much,” she whispered mischievously, “We don’t want them feeling completely inept.”

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Disney Castle

Yesterday....​

The swordsman was patrolling the halls, his evident presence becoming known to the general himself, Clement. As enigma was initially walking he'd stopped. Eying a young boy of the age of eighteen in the same room, was this is colonel?

"Sir Clement I take it? The Emperor speaks highly of you, who is this?" his lock upon the young boy.

"O'nam, you decrepit old fool. Have some respect for your superior officer!"

The swordsman complemented his arrogance by entertaining him with a very blank look. "You look far too young to be a threat to any woman or child, let alone world upon world...but I say without knowledge, forgive me."

The young general gave him a look of suspicion, but the swordsman redeemed himself upon the very last minute. Furthered by an arrogant hmph, he silenced and dismissed what he perceived initially as insults. Back to business with Sir Clement, he proceeded to introduce himself.

"FLLFFL, but call me Alfa. I was given word of this position by Salforge; The Immovable Block."

"Don't utter that unnatural being's name....!"

"O'nam. Prose and Etiquette, how soon you forget you're status as a general over mere mention of other men."

"Clement, we don't share the same views, and my prejudgments of this man are my own! I won't have you fiddling your fingers around my mind and emotions again!"

"With respect, you have my word. Now, Alfa, we've summoned you will be necessary in slaughtering a recent influx in one of our newly acquired territory. The activity by what our scouts say, its a band of ruthless heartless supposedly. Sending one man, well, if you're a man of treachery we'll be sending you to your death to dispose of you. Or alternatively, you'll serve your reputation well and slaughter them all. Its your call brother by blade."

"I'll be back before you leave for the factory at dawn, just provide me with a corridor of darkness, leave it open for me would you? I won't be long."

Clement's powerful fist, clenched as he parted the forces at bay. The shadows gave birth to a gateway, the swordsman gave a flick of his hand and waved. Passing through the portal of darkness.

The Following Morning.

He spun his jet sword and swung it to the right, it was drenched in black substance. Likely from the heartless slain in FLLFFL's wake. The swordsman sighed, he'd decapitated a behemoth as a personal best for himself. He just remembered, where...the hell did he land? Looking up he seemed to picture what the sign looked like before he entered the third district. Traverse Town? Having contained the heartless threat and effectively suppressing what the emperor would normally sovereign over, he headed for the massive gates for the first district. The Corridor of Darkness ever prominent and left as he'd requested. A single shadow swimming in the ground, potentially one that escaped, looking clueless but eying the portal.

"You wouldn't dare..." Alfa suggested nearing the portal as the frantic mindless beast jumped through it.

His palm quickly hit his face. "Great...there goes my lump sum if they find that thing...no, not yet." he trailed off jumping through the portal to pursue the heartless.

--------------

Salforge sat and discussed the nature of what he'd learned from the previous day with Ciel. Though still no clear image of the Unbound Hearts could be given, for what he found through the refraction of his dusklanzer, it could prove to be the qualifier they needed. Although, as he stared at the quickly fading steam of his cup of coffee he was needing something more to do with his time established in radiant garden.

"Lady Ciel. Let me propose another question, what is your stance on the emperor's will? I mean I understand that he's abducted many from their homes and killed numerous, but others joined of their own accord. What do you make of such an instance?"

He delivered a sigh as he could only paint the struggles of so many in his head over and over again and couldn't seem to decipher this. Sure countless have died, even more were enslaved and shackled by this wave of oppression, ok? What did that really mean to him he could coincide morally minus the emotions necessary to deliver 'sentimentality' i suppose one would call it. Instead he shrugged off people's emotions, he couldn't figure out why he was somewhat transfixed on Ciel's passage.

Salforge folded his hands, lacing his fingers as he pondered for a spell. His red eyes were rubies deserving of polish. The potent look he delivered, almost hypnotic as he retreated into the space before him.

Last edited:

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
----------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing changed for quite a while. The sun continued to beat down its strong hot rays, the dozens of workers still made the ever growing piles of metal and brick rise higher, even as they were being carted off in large vehicles. And still Nomis remained sitting on the edge of the blasted area, his entire body covered in shadow by the large umbrella like stand which stood above him and the chair he currently was sitting in. As the all too familiar sounding whoosh swept somewhere behind him, the older man smiled slowly as his eyes remained closed, appearing to be more asleep then awake and alert.

HEYYYY! WHATCHA UP TO!” Shouted Jaakuna, the young man springing up from behind Nomis’ chair, trying his best to surprise the older man in any way he could.

With his brow annoyingly reacting to Jaakuna’s “surprise”, Clacverk soon opened his eyes as he tilted his head slightly to the side, enough to show Jaakuna that he was speaking to him and not merely to himself.

Ah, welcome. I assume by your arrival that food must be scarce, hmm?” Smirked the scientist as he amazingly began to move and not merely fidget in place.

Standing quite straight, the man slowly swiped his hands along the creases of his long coat’s arms, only stopping once satisfied.

You’ve arrived just as we have begun to finish. Quite the waste wouldn’t you say? Especially from a supposedly small group. It would be very intriguing to learn how they found a way in and out with no casualties. I say by at least this stage.” Nomis said as he continued to speak to Jaakuna, even as he took to walking aimlessly around close to him.

As the crashing metal and bricks were poured into the still arriving vehicles, a small group of particular workers came up to Nomis just as he had turned to face them, smiling the entire time like always.

The piles need only to be delivered to the castle sir. Do you wish for those that survived the explosion to be brought with them?” Asked the leader of the little group, trying his best to not look nervous in front of the smiling Nomis.

Yes actually, have them brought to the castle along with the materials. I'm sure some use may be found for them there. Please continue with your work here, I'll accompany the metal myself.

With that, once the group of workers had made their way back to their tasks, the well dressed Nomis turned to have his full attention on Jaakuna. His blue eyes were just noticeable behind his glasses which were currently reflecting the light on them as the man stood out from his shade.

My apologises, always busy. May we continue this as we walk?" Nomis asked Jaakuna, still smirking as the two women from before came up to him, wheeling some sort of cart with only one single object laying within it.

"Master Clacverk, your cane sir." One of the two aid, both making no attempt to even touch the dark metal cane, as if it was made from some dangerous material.

"Thank you my dears." With that, the man effortlessly picked up the cane before making his way towards one of the stationed vehicles carrying the last load of metal.

"I don’t believe I asked; what brought you here? Simply came to see what occurred?” Nomis asked Jaakuna, the tapping of his cane crunching any pieces which found themselves under its steps. Whether dirt, glass, even scraps of metal bent in on itself like a dying spider when touched by the cane.

Last edited:

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
A smile ran across Taka's face as Shizuka spoke to him. It was nice to have genuine care about him, even if it was because of his situation. But Taka know how had to go about this so, he needed to not get too close with his comrades. His head lifted up, his eyes connected with her face, staring at her purple wave before responding with a soft voice. "No need to worry about me. It just messes with one of my senses." Just after Aya spoke up about important information that they had found. It was good to be getting to the base of why they were here as Dion asked if Connor and Caeley were going to help the Unbound. That's when Connor decided to voice his opinion on the members of the Unbound.

He was concerned on why Dion would even allow ones as young as Taka to help the Unbound. Throughout his whole little rant, the only thing he honestly talked about was age. What did this guy know about them? What did being lower then eighteen change? That was something that irritated Taka. He didn't care what Connor thought nor would it change anything except his condensing on those younger then him. Dion then spoke up for himself and the Unbound Hearts. He was glad that the boss man was able to voice himself so perfectly which kept Taka's mouth shut. No need to speak on matters already handled so, he just kept to his little area, awaiting what to come next.

A little late, the mission briefing began. Hologram of the factory lit up the room with Taka being the only person unable to see it. Holograms were one of the few exceptions of not having wave to generate though even so he would only be able to see the shape of the building and things but, no detailed insight. Instead the Asura just listened as best he could to the plan. It sounded pretty solid so far as Aya was way to smart to not have a plausible means of entering this factory. Taka was pretty sure he would be part of the infiltration team because what reason would it be to not place the Demon Knight on the team. He wanted to know what was the detailed of the plan once they got inside the place.

“Try not to outdo these guys too much,” she whispered mischievously, “We don’t want them feeling completely inept.”

That strong sense of hearing had picked on Caeley's whisper. Such a small room let things like whispers easily accessible to the kid and he didn't like what he had heard. She must think they were some kind of joke and probably too stupid to even pull this off without them. He didn't care for her kind and what she must have obviously thought about the Unbound Hearts but, they had been on the front lines, fighting the Empire back, and he trained hard. To hear her calling him and the others inept and they would be outdone by these two, it really got under his skin. As happy as he could be nor regardless of his inner turmoil, he felt he could do fine without them and hoped he didn't have to work with them after this mission. But for now, he wouldn't say anything about her comment nor start trouble for the sake of his friends and the mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back