• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Short summary on Nomura interview, new info on 3DS.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Re: New Nomura interview to appear this week!!

So, Nomura never had KH3D in mind until Nintendo asked for it? I guess Re:coded wasn't the game that got added into the planned titles, it was KH3D. This could be bad because Nomura has to makes stuff up that he didn't have planned already.
Now what does it mean that it takes place in the same time frame as the current games? That just means it happens somewhere between the beginning of BBS and the end of Coded, which is Eleven years time. Not very useful info.
I think you're getting things mixed up. Nomura already had a plan to make 3D he just didn't plan on putting it on the 3DS until Nintendo offered. So most likely it was supposed to be on the PSP.

P.S: Did I just get Ninja'd?

αsiя

space coke
I think you guys are assuming something wrong

you guys are assuming that because it wasn't a console he originally intended on using, it's not a story he originally intended using

who's to saying that even though the 3DS wasn't his intended medium, that the story won't be something he already had ideas for?
That's true, but is still isn't to say he didn't have any plans on before Nintendo approached him.

loke13

αsiя;5185777 said:
That's true, but is still isn't to say he didn't have any plans on before Nintendo approached him.
So it wasn't on the console he originally intended it for. Big deal. The story is still the same, whatever that is.

Bright side. We now know what time frame 3D is in. So people can stop saying its during Sora's time when he was restoring his memories.

Swordsaint

I think you're getting things mixed up. Nomura already had a plan to make 3D he just didn't plan on putting it on the 3DS until Nintendo offered. So most likely it was supposed to be on the PSP.

P.S: Did I just get Ninja'd?

Yes.
αsiя;5185777 said:
Refer to Loke!

MAJOR SPOILER 25characters. lol

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
So, Nomura never had KH3D in mind until Nintendo asked for it? I guess Re:coded wasn't the game that got added into the planned titles, it was KH3D. This could be bad because Nomura has to makes stuff up that he didn't have planned already.
Now what does it mean that it takes place in the same time frame as the current games? That just means it happens somewhere between the beginning of BBS and the end of Coded, which is Eleven years time. Not very useful info.
Nomura said he had ideas for a plot/gameplay for the next title already, and was then approached by Nintendo to make a game. He realized that the 3DS suited the visual look he was hoping to go for with this, already thought up, story and gameplay, so he started working on KH3D in full.

^that's how explained it in an earlier interview.

αsiя

space coke
So it wasn't on the console he originally intended it for. Big deal. The story is still the same, whatever that is.
Nomura mentioned the game in the Ultimania, we have no idea when Nintendo approached them. It could of happened last year, since it already seems games are in development for the 3DS. So there is no proof if Nomura had the story planned before Nintendo approached them, but I'm hoping they didn't.

Swordsaint

I think people don't realise that if he didn't want to make a game on 3DS (read:didn't have any plot ideas for it) he would've turned nintenod down im sure. I can't imagine him overloading something useless just because he was asked to.

loke13

I think people don't realise that if he didn't want to make a game on 3DS (read:didn't have any plot ideas for it) he would've turned nintenod down im sure. I can't imagine him overloading something useless just because he was asked to.
358/2 DAYS.

Swordsaint

If that's the case with Days (which i dont actually believe it is btw) then man nintendo have a raging boner for kingdom hearts.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Also, Nomura said that while he was working on BBS, Days and Coded he was thinking in detail on KH3D. So, no, it wasn't something he decided to shoehorn together when Nintendo asked him about it a few months ago.

αsiя

space coke
What about it? When was it ever said that Nomura made no plans for it until Nintendo approached him?

I'm pretty sure that Nintendo told him to make it, so he got the idea of that being a good chance to explain what happens in Roxas' time.

loke13

What about it? When was it ever said that Nomura made no plans for it until Nintendo approached him?
In an interview somewhere. At that time the concept of a girl being responsible for Roxas's leaving the ORG. was just that an idea. Nintendo approached him with the opportunity to make a KH game on the DS and the casual KH game known as 358/2 Days was born.

Swordsaint

In an interview somewhere. At that time the concept of a girl being responsible for Roxas's leaving the ORG. was just that an idea. Nintendo approached him with the opportunity to make a KH game on the DS and the casual KH game known as 358/2 Days was born.
well that means he pretty much still had a story, just not a medium to tell it. I dont think that counts. but i guess some could see it that way

Sempied

Re: New Nomura interview to appear this week!!

"The content of the interview is apparently similar to Nomura's other recent interviews."

NOOOOOOMMMMUUUUURRRRRAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! *Cues Benny Hill*

Really though this part made me almost lol as much as the 'Wait till TGS" idea.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
What are you talking about? And what does that have to do with the article.
sorry i read something on the page about days or the organization or roxas or something and it sparked this realization from the story that i thought was really interesting. anyways it has nothing to do with it. but yeah it looks pretty exciting too bad nomura wont give us any info. also what does it mean by current time in the series? days was during CoM and BBS was ten years before so does he mean after coded?

Swordsaint

sorry i read something on the page about days or the organization or roxas or something and it sparked this realization from the story that i thought was really interesting. anyways it has nothing to do with it. but yeah it looks pretty exciting too bad nomura wont give us any info. also what does it mean by current time in the series? days was during CoM and BBS was ten years before so does he mean after coded?
you just sparked an interesting thought in my mind that while impossible was kinda cool for about half a second
maybe 3DS takes part during the whole 1 > coded timeline...somehow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back