• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shanelle Gray Confirms Her Involvement in Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I call dibs on Larxene's somebody's name being Elenar. It'd be a clever nod to the Final Fantasy VII character of the same name.

I mean, it's possible. But her name is "Elena", without the "r". Axel/Lea is based on Reno, from the same game and they're in the same organization (the Turks). Axel and Reno also share their voce actor: Quinton Flynn.

Edit:

YES! Now I only need Dilan to return in Radiant Garden too.

I think that's pretty much a given.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
That doesn't mean things couldn't be different this time.

Nomura says lots of things, and I don't believe a thing he says. The dude is making stuff up as he wants. I don't buy Marluxia being a SOD until I see it.

You never know.

So your argument boils down to "nuh uh I don't believe it" based on virtually nothing. Good to know. Very compelling argument.

Re: Master Xehanort - I think the old geezer has his limitations. Thirteen years ago he needed a vessel. So nowadays, he still needs it. I assume trying to control 13 vessels is too much of a strain for an old coot like him. It's possible that Marluxia intends to be Xehanortified to the point of finally gaining (or regaining) the ability of wielding a Keybade, and then wrestle out of the old man's control, but the point I'm trying to make here is that someone wil betray Xehanort because I don't think Xehanort will be able to keep up and possess everyone because of how old he has become, even though I think he is one of the series' most powerful characters.

I'm not quite sure how big the whole "he's old" thing plays into how much power he has over his vessels. I mean yeah the only time his age came at a hindrance was when he wanted to take Terra's body for his own so he could survive long enough to see the second Keyblade War. Age could arguably be used for his battle with Terra in the KG but then that could be explained that Xehanort held back because he didn't want to destroy his potential vessel. So seeing as there's been shown no indication as-of-yet of him having trouble with any of his other 12 vessels excluding Terra who's only able to fight back presumably because of Eraqus, I don't see any reason to doubt he can't control them all however he pleases. But there probably could be some twists in the game from the heroes that could help throw off his control somehow.

Though we should probably get back on topic on Larxene. I do hope they do something interesting with her and she gets some proper conclusion since she was easily far more interesting and entertaining than Marluxia during COM.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I mean, it's possible. But her name is "Elena", without the "r". Axel/Lea is based on Reno, from the same game and they're in the same organization (the Turks). Axel and Reno also share their voce actor: Quinton Flynn.

Of course, but the letter difference wouldn't be too big of a deal as long as the reference is intentional. Axel, Larxene and Vexen debuted in Chain of Memories, and Axel and Vexen seem to be based of Reno (like you said) and Hojo respectively with the same voice actors. Having Larxene's somebody be a nod to The Turks/Shinra makes the Final Fantasy VII reference complete.

After all, Axel, Vexen and Larxene represent Fire, Ice and Thunder yet only two out of the three are nods to Final Fantasy VII.

So your argument boils down to "nuh uh I don't believe it" based on virtually nothing. Good to know. Very compelling argument.

No need to be confrontational, there's a difference between disagreeing and assuming that you can't be proven wrong.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Of course, but the letter difference wouldn't be too big of a deal as long as the reference is intentional. Axel, Larxene and Vexen debuted in Chain of Memories, and Axel and Vexen seem to be based of Reno (like you said) and Hojo respectively with the same voice actors. Having Larxene's somebody be a nod to The Turks/Shinra makes the Final Fantasy VII reference complete.

After all, Axel, Vexen and Larxene represent Fire, Ice and Thunder yet only two out of the three are nods to Final Fantasy VII.

No need to be confrontational, there's a difference between disagreeing and assuming that you can't be proven wrong.

If you actually consider that confrontational, then I don't know what to tell you..

I'm sorry but the response given to me was basically what I typed out which was "Nuh uh I don't believe it."

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
If you actually consider that confrontational, then I don't know what to tell you.

Well, it definitely isn't friendly that's for sure.

Look, we can't speak definitively about Marluxia and Larxene because all we know is that they're appearing and that's as far as it goes. The best we know about Marluxia is that he's involved in The Kingdom of Corona with The Seekers of Darkness and that's literally it. We don't know how loyal he is to Xehanort, Xehanort's influences on him and his intentions. We don't even know if he's still a somebody or not (yeah, Marluxia is his nobody's name but his animation is parallel to Lauriam's with the hand gestures).

ImVentus

Awards

If I don't have any sign of proof, why would I want to rule out or believe in anything? You said yourself that according to you
(Marluxia is not special) Have you forgotten about possibly Lauriam. Why rule out any chance that he or any of the other Organization members would not have their own motives for this time? You must have surely heard about theories surrounding YMX & Vanitas possibly backstabb MX?

Have we learned anything about KH3's plot outside of the short description of the game? We don't know enough about MX True Organization. With so little info on the main plot how can one even want to assume anything?

I see no reason to say "Yeah this won't happen, because something Nomura stated".
From what Nomura's said in the past, there really is no surprise that his words aren't taken serious.

Hold on! Are you saying that because I don't want to assume (because of no proof) that my point is non-compelling? You replied to my post. No surprise I would want to know what you wanted said.

My question to you is, what point are you trying to make?

UltimaXOmega

Called it but who was the one that was so sure that Larxene,Luxord and Demyx wouldn't return? Hmm. That's 2/3 now.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Well, it definitely isn't friendly that's for sure.

Look, we can't speak definitively about Marluxia and Larxene because all we know is that they're appearing and that's as far as it goes. The best we know about Marluxia is that he's involved in The Kingdom of Corona with The Seekers of Darkness and that's literally it. We don't know how loyal he is to Xehanort, Xehanort's influences on him and his intentions. We don't even know if he's still a somebody or not (yeah, Marluxia is his nobody's name but his animation is parallel to Lauriam's with the hand gestures).

I'm pretty sure he's a somebody again. Why in the world wouldn't he be? Even Nomura hinted in the DDD ultimania at the missing members likely being recompleted before being taken by Xehanort. Marluxia being a vessel for Xehanort means that Xehanort has control over him just like he does his other vessels. Why Marluxia is going with this is an unknown I will admit to that. Could be his greed for the keyblade or something more. We'll have to wait for the game to find those answers but as of now there's nothing to suggest any of the seekers could overcome Xehanort's control.

Same business with Larxene since while I like her and prefer she's not with the seekers, it would make more sense for her to be with them since Marluxia is with them since like Audo said, Larxene was basically Marluxia's right hand woman.

If I don't have any sign of proof, why would I want to rule out or believe in anything? You said yourself that according to you
(Marluxia is not special) Have you forgotten about possibly Lauriam. Why rule out any chance that he or any of the other Organization members would not have their own motives for this time? You must have surely heard about theories surrounding YMX & Vanitas possibly backstabb MX?

Have we learned anything about KH3's plot outside of the short description of the game? We don't know enough about MX True Organization. With so little info on the main plot how can one even want to assume anything?

I see no reason to say "Yeah this won't happen, because something Nomura stated".
From what Nomura's said in the past, there really is no surprise that his words aren't taken serious.

Hold on! Are you saying that because I don't want to assume (because of no proof) that my point is non-compelling? You replied to my post. No surprise I would want to know what you wanted said.

My question to you is, what point are you trying to make?

We literally know nothing about Lauriam nor do we even know how important he will be in the grand scheme of things.

We also know plenty of Xehanort's True Organization as it was literally described in DDD.

I'm sorry but you having no proof or sign of anything =/= the stated in game facts or Nomura's words are incorrect.

Last edited:

Wallflower3582

If you actually consider that confrontational, then I don't know what to tell you..

I'm sorry but the response given to me was basically what I typed out which was "Nuh uh I don't believe it."

Let's just agree to disagree. Or better, let's just agree to not treat our opinions as fact until we've got either the game or a more conclusive trailer to prove it. This could honestly go either way. And please don't say the trailer/famitsu was conclusive enough, because I've seen far more people on here saying it seems unlikely than agreeing Marluxia is just another Norted organization member. Frankly, with Nomura at the helm, this plot could go anywhere...

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Let's just agree to disagree. Or better, let's just agree to not treat our opinions as fact until we've got either the game or a more conclusive trailer to prove it. This could honestly go either way. And please don't say the trailer/famitsu was conclusive enough, because I've seen far more people on here saying it seems unlikely than agreeing Marluxia is just another Norted organization member. Frankly, with Nomura at the helm, this plot could go anywhere...

The trailer was conclusive enough to me and Famitsu went on to clarify the meaning of what he said in said trailer since many people were going with the incorrect subs that were released that day and saying "He means Dandelions or his own group". It doesn't matter what you and a few others have said about it. That is what is established as fact until something within the game changes it whether through the heroes or something else.

And with that I'm done talking about Marluxia since he's not even a character that I care about. Its Larxene that I'm excited about which is what this thread is about and my blame for helping to derail it into this annoying Marluxia debacle. This is the last I will say about it here.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
We don’t think it is real. He seems to know too much about his character and the differences between Vexen and Even. And if he didn’t record, how would he know that recording is finished? Perhaps somebody told him that, but I don’t think they would?

Also the fact that it isn’t a full screencap. We didn’t report on Shanelle until we were sure the Twitter user had enough proof of her DMs, which they did.

it looks like another person has asked him for what it's worth

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHearts/comments/8fdkdm/kh3_spoiler_message_from_vexens_va/

XbNMIaZ732LyRTCNdfTNnfZsBXpjy4kFxpSNFl7X-Uw.jpg
6p5eqhrinhu01.jpg

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So are we not going to see the castle guards or other scientists? I never thought they would have large roles but I would be shocked if they didn't appear at all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Thanks!

So are we not going to see the castle guards or other scientists? I never thought they would have large roles but I would be shocked if they didn't appear at all.

Since Vexen's Japanese VA passed away, it is very possible they will either just have Even as an off-screen character or he won't have any speaking lines. Or they will do this thing where they alter the character slightly and hire a new VA in Japanese, prompting them to hire a new English VA to match the change in the character.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Thanks!

Since Vexen's Japanese VA passed away, it is very possible they will either just have Even as an off-screen character or he won't have any speaking lines. Or they will do this thing where they alter the character slightly and hire a new VA in Japanese, prompting them to hire a new English VA to match the change in the character.

I see. I'd be fine if Even didn't have a speaking role. I just hope that the others such as Aeleus and Ienzo have dialogue.

Wallflower3582

If he's included in the game (which I hope he is at least a little) they might just have his lines as readable text instead of voiced. Which would be fine, I can't imagine he'd have a massive role anyways. Unless Riku's "other me" is Repliku. Then he might be more important. But who knows about that.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I think its more likely Even isn't there at all or doesn't speak. I guess he was involved in some interesting aspects of the old Organizations' plans like the replica project, but I dunno if they will really talk about that at this point anyway? We have gotten to see his Somebody, and I think all the CoM members were interesting and developed-ish in their own game alone so I guess him not getting anything else wouldn't be such a shame.

If he's included in the game (which I hope he is at least a little) they might just have his lines as readable text instead of voiced. Which would be fine, I can't imagine he'd have a massive role anyways. Unless Riku's "other me" is Repliku. Then he might be more important. But who knows about that.

They didn't had readable text lines in BBS or DDD tho, except when you just walk up to them and talk in the over world I think? I guess he could just speak in that way. But I don't see them going backward in regards to cutscenes being fully voiced tho.

Wallflower3582

They didn't had readable text lines in BBS or DDD tho, except when you just walk up to them and talk in the over world I think? I guess he could just speak in that way. But I don't see them going backward in regards to cutscenes being fully voiced tho.

That's what I was thinking. Like, if Sora visits HB/RG castle and some of the old organization members are back as their Others. Maybe you could speak with them in the overworld. If they do choose to include all the members it would be an easy way to avoid the JP VA problem.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I call dibs on Larxene's somebody's name being Elenar. It'd be a clever nod to the Final Fantasy VII character of the same name.

You don't get to call dibs on something that Audo said on the first page and other people have been saying, self included, for a decade.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
On top of that, Elena’s name is Elena not Elenar. Let Elena be Elena and whatever Larxene’s real name is be her name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back