• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shanelle Gray Confirms Her Involvement in Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallflower3582

I think we've gone over this a few times, but the wording in Japanese was vague enough that things are still up for debate. What he says is not necessarily indicative of what he means, especially in a scene structured like the one in the D23 trailer. There's a very good chance Nomura's just trolling like usual and he is in the True Org., but there's a decent chance there's more to it as well. I wouldn't consider the D23 trailer or the Famitsu article conclusive, so while you're entitled to your perspective, I think it's fair game for others to advance their own theories and ideas until we get something concrete.

Thank you alexis.anagram. That's all I was trying to say.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Last night, @sobpar sent a direct message to Shanelle Gray

tumblr_o21ulbcwNj1rqe0rbo1_500.gif

hercules. full of the ol bang bang zap

Larxene x Lightning

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Marluxia is too seedy with his plans to overthrow Xemnas (did he know the true goal?) and now his involvement has expanded thanks to Union X. I just can't fathom his role in the series now is to be another vessel for Xehanort in the 'True Organization'. He's got some card up his sleeve, whether he's trying to still take Xehanort down or form his own Organization idk, but I just can't roll over and accept that he's a vessel for Xehanort. And I don't think a 20 second clip of him in a trailer and Famitsu theorising it is proof that that is his role.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yessssss. Totally expected her to show up but nice to hear it!

Marluxia is too seedy with his plans to overthrow Xemnas (did he know the true goal?) and now his involvement has expanded thanks to Union X. I just can't fathom his role in the series now is to be another vessel for Xehanort in the 'True Organization'. He's got some card up his sleeve, whether he's trying to still take Xehanort down or form his own Organization idk, but I just can't roll over and accept that he's a vessel for Xehanort. And I don't think a 20 second clip of him in a trailer and Famitsu theorising it is proof that that is his role.

Same, I suppose, there is a chance he lets himself get norted so he can get the Keyblade, and somehow overcome Xehanort's control? I sorta think there is a chance for a few of them to overcome him, I just don't know how. But yeah, if that isn't the case and he is just controlled I would be super disappointed too.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Same, I suppose, there is a chance he lets himself get norted so he can get the Keyblade, and somehow overcome Xehanort's control?
This seems more likely for Xigbar imo. My guess is Marluxia is working with YX in some capacity on whatever his real plans are. That may or may not involve using the True Organization as cover, but like others I just can't persuade myself that: 1) MX would rely on Marluxia as a cornerstone for his grand scheme and 2) Marluxia would let MX use him that way. If the argument is made convincingly within the story, I'm open to it, but it just seems like a stretch right now to take it all at face value.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
This seems more likely for Xigbar imo. My guess is Marluxia is working with YX in some capacity on whatever his real plans are. That may or may not involve using the True Organization as cover, but like others I just can't persuade myself that: 1) MX would rely on Marluxia as a cornerstone for his grand scheme and 2) Marluxia would let MX use him that way. If the argument is made convincingly within the story, I'm open to it, but it just seems like a stretch right now to take it all at face value.

Oh well yeah, I do sorta think that may be what Xigbar/Braig is doing as well lol. So in that case, I would prefer them to not do something similar with Marluxia. Braig and YX were up to some shady stuff together already in that extra scene in 2.5 right? Cuz yeah I guess I could see Mar getting in on that action.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
man it will be kind of a let down if the remaining darknesses are just the stragglers from the old org. and there arent really any surprises.

Wasn't the formation of this new Organization XIII the result of the original Organization XIII not performing adequately either due to the weakness of will, strength and trust? Marluxia has validity to be in this new group because his (apparent) somebody is a Dandelion Union Leader, a character linked to The Keyblade War era.

Even if Larxene was to be from The Age of Fairy Tales, she's not a Union Leader like Marluxia, so for her to be involved with this new Organization doesn't make anywhere as much sense. Plus, Larxene doesn't speak a word to Marluxia in Chain of Memories despite apparently working alongside him, so I don't think these two have as strong of a camaraderie as we're led to believe.

Regardless, this news makes me so happy. 358/2 Days failed to make me invested in the members that were not Xehanort's or Axel so I welcome her character's return with open arms. That and Shanelle Gray is so talented as Larxene.

ImVentus

Awards
I have a hard time to believe that Marluxia would let anyone puppet him around or even be manipulated by his peers.

ImVentus

Awards
I wish you people stopped treating Marluxia like he's some infallible god.
Sorry, but you cannot change someone's opinion. Whenever did I say he was overpowered? His character is a manipulator and he won't go down that easy without a fight. It would be interesting to see someone resisting Master Xehanort.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Sorry, but you cannot change someone's opinion. Whenever did I say he was overpowered? His character is a manipulator and he won't go down that easy without a fight. It would be interesting to see someone resisting Master Xehanort.

There is no opinion changing going on here. Just mild annoyance. And yes because he was such a good manipulator he didn't realize he was being set up to die by Xemnas and Saix. The amount of people who claim that Marluxia wouldn't let anyone play him or boss him around baffle me seeing as he was being bossed around and played by Xemnas as a member of Organization XIII even if later on he wanted to rebel. He went down about as easy as any of the bigger Organization member went down. He's not special in any way.

Also a vessel fighting back against Xehanort would be useless since it's literally stated by Nomura that Xehanort could take control over any of them if they try anything. So Xigbar, Vanitas, YX and even Marluxia can't do jack against Xehanort.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Has anyone seen this about Vexen’s voice actor not returning? We don’t see a name in the screenshot, so I question the validity.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHea...for_kingdom_hearts_3/?st=JGI17XOR&sh=57beab27

Maybe something happened with his contract or something or they got someone else to voice Even/Vexen. Though it is strange how he knows the recording is done with. Either one of the VAs told him or something else must have happened. Seems weird to me.

We don’t think it is real. He seems to know too much about his character and the differences between Vexen and Even. And if he didn’t record, how would he know that recording is finished?

Also the fact that it isn’t a full screencap. We didn’t report on Shanelle until we were sure the Twitter user had enough proof of her DMs, which they did.

That's my sentiment as well. The fact he knows recording is done despite not voicing the character seems weird to me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Has anyone seen this about Vexen’s voice actor not returning? We don’t see a name in the screenshot, so I question the validity.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHea...for_kingdom_hearts_3/?st=JGI17XOR&sh=57beab27

We don’t think it is real. He seems to know too much about his character and the differences between Vexen and Even. And if he didn’t record, how would he know that recording is finished? Perhaps somebody told him that, but I don’t think they would?

Also the fact that it isn’t a full screencap. We didn’t report on Shanelle until we were sure the Twitter user had enough proof of her DMs, which they did.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
We don’t think it is real. He seems to know too much about his character and the differences between Vexen and Even. And if he didn’t record, how would he know that recording is finished? Perhaps somebody told him that, but I don’t think they would?

Yeah that’s what I was thinking as well. It seems a little strange. The screen grab does have a “seen by voiceoverprince” at the bottom. Even if this itself is faked, do we know if that is Derek Prince’s actual account?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Re: Larxene - I'm glad we got cofirmation that she's involved somehow in KH3's plot. I really liked her character, and it would be great for them to expand on her background. As to what world she could fit into, you guys have made strong points about Frozen and Big Hero. I'd like to take sides, but at this point, I HOENSTLY CARE ABOUT PLAYING THE GAME! Hahaha. xD

---

Re: Organization XIII - I think it would make sense for the narrative to feature every single member of the Organization one way or another, seeing a show this is the conclusion of the Xehanort/Seekers of Darkness Saga, and the game that pretty much rose the KH franchise into its peak was KHII. So it only makes sense for the finale to feature the elements that KH2 introduced be touched upon once more and closed.

---

Re: Marluxia - Personally, the only thing clear about Marluxia is that he is a part of the Xehanorganization. What isn't clear is whether or not he'll remain a vessel for the entirety of the game. Like Chaser said, there is enough material to makes us doubt Marluxia's role in KHIII. He was just introduced as a major character in KHUx, to now be reduced to a mere puppet? A character that tried to overthrow the first Organization? There is a lot going around on KH's narrative that, as of now, there's nothing clear concerning any of the characters, so it's safe to assume and make speculation regarding Y or X (get it? Y or X, Young Xehanort, heeheehee) character involvement in Xehanort's Seekers.

---

Re: Master Xehanort - I think the old geezer has his limitations. Thirteen years ago he needed a vessel. So nowadays, he still needs it. I assume trying to control 13 vessels is too much of a strain for an old coot like him. It's possible that Marluxia intends to be Xehanortified to the point of finally gaining (or regaining) the ability of wielding a Keybade, and then wrestle out of the old man's control, but the point I'm trying to make here is that someone wil betray Xehanort because I don't think Xehanort will be able to keep up and possess everyone because of how old he has become, even though I think he is one of the series' most powerful characters.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I call dibs on Larxene's somebody's name being Elenar. It'd be a clever nod to the Final Fantasy VII character of the same name.

lusca_bueno

YES! Now I only need Dilan to return in Radiant Garden too.

Btw, I really think if Marluxia is a true org. member, she is as well. I'm pretty sure by now that whatever the true org. is doing, and how Marluxia seems to be allied with them, they both knew full well their role by the time CoM happened. Since Larxene and Marluxia were the only ones trully allied in the coup by the end of the game, I'm sure she'll be in the true org., I can't see her taking a different path from Marluxia at all.

About Demyx and Luxord though, I think they could really be something else. They gave us enough hints of their sensibilities in KHII to believe they have the tact to choose a better path, that is, if their own agenda was not already at play in KHII itself. Nomura means retcon, I'm sure he'll surprise us in some way.

ImVentus

Awards
The amount of people who claim that Marluxia wouldn't let anyone play him or boss him around baffle me seeing as he was being bossed around and played by Xemnas as a member of Organization XIII even if later on he wanted to rebel. He went down about as easy as any of the bigger Organization member went down. He's not special in any way.
That doesn't mean things couldn't be different this time.

Also a vessel fighting back against Xehanort would be useless since it's literally stated by Nomura that Xehanort could take control over any of them if they try anything.
Nomura says lots of things, and I don't believe a thing he says. The dude is making stuff up as he wants. I don't buy Marluxia being a SOD until I see it.

So Xigbar, Vanitas, YX and even Marluxia can't do jack against Xehanort.
You never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back