• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sephiroth - Tips please?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GriffinB

MP Rage helped me a ton when I beat him, if he uses omnislash or the attacks in his final phase it gives you a lot more MP to use cure with. Guard helps in the beginnning of the fight to counterattack him. When the meteors come in, cast Aero then glide toward Sephiroth and run in a circle around him. Oh yeah, and at the very start when he is slowly walking and taking swings, every once in a while he'll stand still after a slash. That's you're cue to run in and combo him. Finally, when he starts to do the spinning aerial attack where he says "Dodge This," and he warps behind you, turn around and roll. When I did that, I didn't take any damage from the attack.

B

blasterdude

I found it helpful to use the beserk ability. (think thats what it's called). it lets you chain hits on him with practically no break or chance for him to counter. the only downside is you can't heal during it since it only activates during mp charge. also, you can only kill bosses with a final move so yo can't finish him while in that state.

GriffinB

^ I think you might be talking about 2, but in terms of what you said, doesn't horizontal slash count as a finisher?

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Basically, look at videos on youtube. Unless you want to copy EXACTLY on what they've done, I wouldn't just study their tactics and come up with one of your own.

JULIO VP

You have to gust jump alot , run towards him and time your jumps, that way hell step back were he was and hit him.
When he has the halo on you run and stop him if you think your to late run away from him and get redy for and elixer. Always cast Areo, if your health is close to your face Heal. Always lock on to him and doge.
I forgot what abilities you need but the important ones are last wind and second wind ( somthing like that)

What abilities to you have?

keybladealex

I found it helpful to use the beserk ability. (think thats what it's called). it lets you chain hits on him with practically no break or chance for him to counter. the only downside is you can't heal during it since it only activates during mp charge. also, you can only kill bosses with a final move so yo can't finish him while in that state.

Yes, you are thinking of KH2. Berserk in the first game boosts attack power when HP is critically low.
I know that you can attack him in to submission with carefully placed attacks. Don't mash X like you do in f***ing KH2.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
level up Master form and Final form all the way and when he casts sin harvest(heartless angel) hit him before he gets finished thats how i beat him oh and you should be like level 78-90

Brazen Soul

it's not as hard as it seems, you just got to get a feel for his pattern. Reflect and guard can keep you in the game you can get the timing down. It took me a few times to finally gt good at it. After you get the basic strata-g, and have beat him a few times, you can message me and I'll tell you how I did it with the kingdom key at I think it was 70 on proud. ;)

Infinite Complex

I'll be waiting....
fading into the background of history.....
first off, i'd recomend being lvl 92. i'd also recomend equipping the guard ability, as this can block his sword. it's also good to have MP abilities(rage, haste), so you can keep using curaga. Aerorga is also a great thing to use. it cuts the damage down quite a biot. try this, and you'll beat him.

defender11

After you beat him, he will seem to get easier (Of course, he's not). But, yeah use elixirs and super glide and smack him a good one when he 'sin harvests'. Don't get to cocky as said before and after three combos landed, jump because he will teleport behind you. You can use Ars Arcanum when he uses the flame move. This will keep you from taking any damage. The only problem with this is that you won't be able to get all the extra (3, I think, not including Judgment (the last move of the combo)) hits in.

Ars Arcanum's final hit is Bash, not Judgement. Judgement is for Strike Raid.

Dexel

Beyond hope
Sephiroth...my long hated and respected rival, even in KH.

For KH1, the meteors might be some trouble avoiding: since they move closer and close towards Sepiroth, find a pattern in the movement that allows you to espace without much damage and not get caught up in his blast by keeping to the outer edge. Don't bother with Blitz or Combo Pluses: You'll only get to hit him 3-4 times before teleportation or before he starts attacking. Guard can be much more effective than Dodge Roll here, but keep both on.

Don't bother with magic attacks and refrain from MP-draining specials unless really needed: keep MP mainly for Curaga and Curaga only. Try to hit him before he starts Sin Harvest: having a keen eye and High Jump + Superglide equipped help. If you can't attack before than, keep a few seconds between when it hits and when you throw an Elixir up, since they take a while.

MP Rage/Haste helps to maintain your MP for Curagas needed. Second Chance might be a nice addition, too, but that's completely optional. Jackpot, Treasure Magnet, and Lucky Strike, as you'll have known, are completely useless here: though, if you're desperate enough, Ars Arcanum or Sonic Blade can help if you time reactions nicely. Just no strike Raid/Ragnorak. Strike Raid keeps you in place and firing at the same spot, which is worthless considering his teleportation and just makes you a target: Ragnorak's beams are completely dissolved by Sephiroth.

That's all I remember right now: another fight with him might refresh my memory, but I haven't gotten that far on my new data.

cloudwolf124

Sephiroth...my long hated and respected rival, even in KH.

For KH1, the meteors might be some trouble avoiding: since they move closer and close towards Sepiroth, find a pattern in the movement that allows you to espace without much damage and not get caught up in his blast by keeping to the outer edge. Don't bother with Blitz or Combo Pluses: You'll only get to hit him 3-4 times before teleportation or before he starts attacking. Guard can be much more effective than Dodge Roll here, but keep both on.

Don't bother with magic attacks and refrain from MP-draining specials unless really needed: keep MP mainly for Curaga and Curaga only. Try to hit him before he starts Sin Harvest: having a keen eye and High Jump + Superglide equipped help. If you can't attack before than, keep a few seconds between when it hits and when you throw an Elixir up, since they take a while.

MP Rage/Haste helps to maintain your MP for Curagas needed. Second Chance might be a nice addition, too, but that's completely optional. Jackpot, Treasure Magnet, and Lucky Strike, as you'll have known, are completely useless here: though, if you're desperate enough, Ars Arcanum or Sonic Blade can help if you time reactions nicely. Just no strike Raid/Ragnorak. Strike Raid keeps you in place and firing at the same spot, which is worthless considering his teleportation and just makes you a target: Ragnorak's beams are completely dissolved by Sephiroth.

That's all I remember right now: another fight with him might refresh my memory, but I haven't gotten that far on my new data.

i would go with what this person says but one thing i disagree with is the no strike raids i own the strategy guide and it says using strike raid is good cuz it is a ranged attack allowing you to keep your distance from the invincible psycho murder.

Tigerruss

Awards
I personally haven't faced him in ages.
What I suggest, make sure you have curaga(or however it is spelled) if you don't most likely you are missing it from talking to arieth in hollow bastion.
I also suggest to have Areoaga the last upgrade for it is probably from the puppies.
Ultimate weapon helps allot but isn't needed.
Superglide is very very usefull, it is the most usefull shared skill for that battle, it will help you hit him before he casts sin harvestation.
MP rages and MP hastes are very much recommended.
It is more so user preference for what special attack you should use, and if you should use one.
I mostly use crystal crowns and what ever was that major MP boosting item is.
Small thing you might not know, when an item says "slightly boosts magic and summon power", "significantly boosts magic and summon power" they actually make your magic attacks damage more, and your cures heal more.

Like all other people suggested, dodge when you can, becarefull when getting in close and attack and then run away.
I personally say beat on him til he teleports, then lock on right away and guard or dodge roll his attack, you can actually lock on before he reappears.
Sorry I can't really help more I haven't played in such a long time, and if you get good enough at it you won't need any elixers.
My lowest level for beating him was lvl54.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Still having trouble beating him (I know my guard reflexes leave much to be desired), but I have gotten better; I've actually gotten him down to a little less than 1 health bar. He just has a knack of using that God-forsaken "Descend Heartless Angel" attack during that time, often back to back. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back