• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rumor: New World(?) and Q3 Release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
More rumors/possible leaks? Eh, with KH3 coming out this year I shouldn't be surprised.

Eraqus as the second playable character would be kind of a waste. Unless we get a reveal about him that pays off later in the game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Noctis is in KH3? After Nomura said he hasn't even drawn Noctis in ages and Dissidia was what made him do it and it was an odd feeling for him? Fake.

Isn't there like 2 FF chars Nomura didn't design on that list? Doesn't he have something against using characters he didn't design unless pressured like with Vivi?

Yeah, like 12/13 years ago.

Nomura has been forced by the Dissidia series and World of Final Fantasy to try his hand at concocting stories and designs for a whole slew of Final Fantasy characters he's never touched before. It is very safe to say that problem he had back when KH2 was made is gone. He might probably still feel uncomfortable, but he's been given the freedom to use these characters.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It's more about the games no one gave a big diddly about so far (6 and 9) suddenly having so many characters. Vivi and Setzer were implemented horribly, and suddenly ohh, so many cool characters from those games? I don't buy it.

Uh so wait are you claiming people don't care about FF 6 and 9 in KH or in general?? I kind of think both are false lol, especially 9 being in KH. I have seen that a lot. Plus they are still regarded as two of the best FF games, for good reason lol. And I also want better for Vivi in this game tbh, but ain't holding my breath...

That being said I still don't really believe this. Even though his words...are suspect lol. He definitely hinted at what happened. But yea was it just a guess.

Noctis is in KH3? After Nomura said he hasn't even drawn Noctis in ages and Dissidia was what made him do it and it was an odd feeling for him? Fake.
Yeah, like 12/13 years ago.

Nomura has been forced by the Dissidia series and World of Final Fantasy to try his hand at concocting stories and designs for a whole slew of Final Fantasy characters he's never touched before. It is very safe to say that problem he had back when KH2 was made is gone. He might probably still feel uncomfortable, but he's been given the freedom to use these characters.

This bums me out man, lol. I honestly am not surprised. I really thought it may be hard for Nomura to incorporate Noct or any of them into the game, but yea I didn't see he said that. It kinda seals the deal for me.

I know he said that whole thing about not doing much with FF characters or something? A few months ago he implied there were already a lot of original characters right? I really would like a few new ones myself...especially Light I just think she should be the obligatory FF in Olympus. Extra-rad if she is a party member, would be the first time we get an extra FF and Disney person in our party. But that's all wishful thinking lol.
My expectations are at least ones we had previously getting a bit more screen time....I think Vivi, Yuna, and Tifa deserve a little more than they got in 2. But I realize they are still cameos. And I need Leon and the gang to still be super present in Radiant Garden.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
You're thinking of Traverse Town. One of the new districts has structures that look similar to the buildings at Shibuya Crossing (the ones on the cover of the original DS game).

Ah, I knew it. I recall where they met, but for some reason thought TWTNW sort of looked like Shibuya. Probably due to the TV screens.

381818-kh2_world_that_never_was.jpg

image.jpg

See?

Sdog

Awards
Team Fake on this one.

There are things about this that are safe that could coincidentally come to fruition. But that FF list of characters is a big red flag. Would I love for all those characters to be utilized if they fit? Yeah! Do I think that'll happen? Not really.

Also, Shibuya. Not a chance.

UltimaXOmega

The FF list missing Seifer's gang is weird but it's not off.
KHI added 10 FF characters and so did KHII.
The leak has 10 added.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Is there a chance of more Final Fantasy characters making an appearance, or other Square-Enix properties like NieR and Dragon Quest?

Nomura: "Of course, we do have precedence. There have been characters that have appeared throughout the series, so I don't think it's impossible but I'm not actively seeking to incorporate existing characters, only because we have such a large roster of original characters in there already.

If there is a perfect fit, I'm sure the idea might come up, but at the same time I have to consider, is it worth allocating the resources to create the character and give it a role within Kingdom Hearts? Would it merit the effort that's put into it? We're not really actively looking for existing characters".

Just from this interview alone, I'm going with team fake. Not only is this post contradictory to what Nomura's been saying, but Shibuya is a Square Enix world. All the original worlds are created as homes for the original characters.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Just from this interview alone, I'm going with team fake. Not only is this post contradictory to what Nomura's been saying, but Shibuya is a Square Enix world. All the original worlds are created as homes for the original characters.

I am kind of upset about this, but this is the interview I was referring to a few posts up, yeah. I don't totally like that mindset he has, making it sound like a waste of time to actually utilize the crossover elements of the series to the fullest lol. Like yea if a FF character fits well people would love to see them, I mean I get why the central parts are more important, sure. But I dunno, it just seems like a waste in some ways.

I guess in general a problem I have with the series is its almost become too centralized on only its original stuff and left the crossover parts that actually attracted its initial audience behind. Like BBS and DDD handled it decently, at least we got new Square characters in both and new Disney stuff. And none were implemented badly. Some parts were better than others, but thats normal ha. I do think this game looks to be doing Disney more justice than its had since KH1 at least. Not just in the writing of the worlds, but even stuff like Attraction Flow is very Disney. Would like the Square stuff to at least get some love.

I mean as I said before, I at least expect some of the older ones to show up...would be sad if it was really just like Leon and the gang, and the Cloud and Sephiroth side-story. If they don't even use anyone else from the previous games, that would be sad lol. But I guess its possible.

UltimaXOmega

Nomura also said Versus XIII's development was going along great in 2011.
Shibuya if it's in was certainly the last world decided.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Nomura also said Versus XIII's development was going along great in 2011.
Shibuya if it's in was certainly the last world decided.
We know that Big Hero 6 was the last world chosen, we’ve known that since 2015.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The last Disney world chosen.
It wasn't the last Disney world chosen, it was THE last world chosen:
— There are also a lot of interested fans waiting for further information on the Big Hero 6 world. Will there be any follow up news soon?

Nomura: Development is coming along fine, but it was the last world that we decided on, so compared to the other worlds we have planned, Big Hero 6 will have to wait a little longer.

If Shibuya is a chosen world in the game... but wait! Yasue, co-director, already said the only worlds in KH3 are Disney worlds and Original worlds.

"We're not adding any Final Fantasy worlds. A lot of the original [to Kingdom Hearts] worlds [Hollow Bastion, Traverse Town, e.t.c.] had Final Fantasy characters in them. At this moment, we are not really coming up with any plans for that, we're making original worlds and Disney worlds."

Shibuya is an established environment in the TWEWY universe, so it doesn't fall under the umbrella of "original world". They also have a lot of worlds to make, and in June 2017 they still hadn't touched some Disney worlds so I find it hard to believe that between June 2016 and July 2017, in the middle of their massive work load, they decided to add an entirely new world based on a cult Nintendo game.

Everything this 4Chan person said is based on educate guesses that make it hard to disprove because it follows on the line of logic that Nomura has been throwing out. As for things Nomura has been throwing out, 10 additional Final Fantasy characters, while done in the past, is a lot for this game when we have the main protagonists, the old Organization XIII, the new Organization XIII, and new Disney characters to focus on. I'd love Zidane! I'd love Lightning! But that is a lot of new characters for Nomura to juggle when he's already struggling with his plethora of original characters and characters from past games that need closure.

Speaking of Noctis, Nomura's first time drawing him in YEARS was for Dissidia last year. If Noctis was to be in KH3 isn't it odd that Nomura hadn't drawn Noctis before then? Not even for internal use so the character model designers could follow Nomura's instructions?

"Eraqus is a playable character at the start" because Nomura said "there's another playable character". Well sure, Nomura did say there would be another playable character. But 0.2 was originally the prologue to 3. You mean to tell me that we would have gone through a playable Eraqus prologue, followed by Aqua's prologue, right before we finally get back to Sora? That is insane. Considering we know the full conversation between Eraqus and Xehanort, there's no reason for us to start off as him. They have their conversation which alludes to KH3's third act. Why do we need to see Eraqus grow suspicious of Xehanort, something that kinda contradicts BbS where Eraqus was pretty buddy buddy with him. Prove me wrong with that last part, please, but from memory there's no reason for Eraqus to have been suspicious of Xehanort's darkness at a young age, and the only scene I can think of is the one where Xehanort hurts Eraqus, but even then Eraqus liked Xehanort enough to invite him to his pupils Mark of Mastery exam.

There were also rumblings of TWEWY coming to the Switch last year. It isn't that uncommon for someone to piggy back off leaks by inserting their own.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
It wasn't the last Disney world chosen, it was THE last world chosen:

If Shibuya is a chosen world in the game... but wait! Yasue, co-director, already said the only worlds in KH3 are Disney worlds and Original worlds.

Shibuya is an established environment in the TWEWY universe, so it doesn't fall under the umbrella of "original world". They also have a lot of worlds to make, and in June 2017 they still hadn't touched some Disney worlds so I find it hard to believe that between June 2016 and July 2017, in the middle of their massive work load, they decided to add an entirely new world based on a cult Nintendo game.

Everything this 4Chan person said is based on educate guesses that make it hard to disprove because it follows on the line of logic that Nomura has been throwing out. As for things Nomura has been throwing out, 10 additional Final Fantasy characters, while done in the past, is a lot for this game when we have the main protagonists, the old Organization XIII, the new Organization XIII, and new Disney characters to focus on. I'd love Zidane! I'd love Lightning! But that is a lot of new characters for Nomura to juggle when he's already struggling with his plethora of original characters and characters from past games that need closure.

Speaking of Noctis, Nomura's first time drawing him in YEARS was for Dissidia last year. If Noctis was to be in KH3 isn't it odd that Nomura hadn't drawn Noctis before then? Not even for internal use so the character model designers could follow Nomura's instructions?

"Eraqus is a playable character at the start" because Nomura said "there's another playable character". Well sure, Nomura did say there would be another playable character. But 0.2 was originally the prologue to 3. You mean to tell me that we would have gone through a playable Eraqus prologue, followed by Aqua's prologue, right before we finally get back to Sora? That is insane. Considering we know the full conversation between Eraqus and Xehanort, there's no reason for us to start off as him. They have their conversation which alludes to KH3's third act. Why do we need to see Eraqus grow suspicious of Xehanort, something that kinda contradicts BbS where Eraqus was pretty buddy buddy with him. Prove me wrong with that last part, please, but from memory there's no reason for Eraqus to have been suspicious of Xehanort's darkness at a young age, and the only scene I can think of is the one where Xehanort hurts Eraqus, but even then Eraqus liked Xehanort enough to invite him to his pupils Mark of Mastery exam.

There were also rumblings of TWEWY coming to the Switch last year. It isn't that uncommon for someone to piggy back off leaks by inserting their own.
yeah you do make great points espspisaly the eraqus part it make me wonder then who the second playable character then

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
yeah you do make great points espspisaly the eraqus part it make me wonder then who the second playable character then
There's plenty of choices that fit a lot better than a random "Eraqus stalks Xehanort" scenario.

We have Riku down saving Aqua. We have Kairi training (which might be where we learn tutorials in Twilight Town). There could be a feature like in KH2 where Mickey saves your ass during some boss fights. There could be a big boss fight blow out at the end of the game where you play as Sora fighting one boss, then Aqua fighting another etc.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
eraqus HAS to be playable in III. you know why? they’ll find a way, they’ll fiiind a waa-aaaay

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
A Q3 release would support the whole Julia 20.18 theory I posted in the release day prediction thread I made. Hi personally I am #teamfake because I don't want Shibuya to be it's own world. An area in San Fransokyo on the other hand...

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Eraqus being the intro character would be pointless?
Lol and school days Roxas wasn't?

Sorry if I am reading this wrong, but I don't think the opening with Roxas in KH2 was pointless at all? I mean I suppose some of the story beats were pointless, but the overall prologue is very important to Roxas as a character and his role in the story.

That said, I don't think an opening with Eraqus would be pointless either. I mean sure, I would rather have us play as Kairi training with Lea in Twilight Town as the opening, but Nomura clearly wants us to know something about Eraqus and Xehanort when they were children given how prominent they were in the gameplay reveal trailer. I think it would be interesting, and I would rather have that then being forced to play as him in some random time travel/flashback moment later on in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back