• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rumor: New World(?) and Q3 Release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Didn't The World that Never Was (DDD) resemble parts of Shibuya? Or am I misremembering...

Be careful when trusting sources from 4Chan. I typically just believe these are coincidences.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
The fact we were treated to a surprise Nintendo Direct mini featuring new TWEWY in January is enough to make me think this could possibly be real. I mean, they were very... um, "direct".

We only have like 22 days until we find out.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Yeah I find the statement regarding January to be too convenient to just dismiss out of hand, but I can be pretty gullible with stuff like this. OTOH, all the information is pretty generalized (wouldn't be surprised to see all or most of those FF cameos), excepting some minor headscratchers like why SDG would end up back at Mysterious Tower before heading to Monsters Inc. Also OTOH, 4chan.

the game starts with playing as Eraqus
This 100% seems like a Nomura stunt and is another reason I wouldn't be surprised to find this is a real leak. Eraqus represents one of those plot twists Nomura likes to keep in his back pocket, plus it would run contrary to expectation to have him as the other playable character when most fans are hoping for either Kairi or Xehanort-- it's standard Nomura cheesiness, "I'm not going to tell you who this character is" even though it was obvious the whole time. Not exceptionally excited at the prospect, though.

As for Shibuya, I'd rather not. Wouldn't mind seeing it packaged with BH6 like some have mentioned (I think it's a really good idea, actually) but we already have more than enough urban-themed worlds for one game. Like if both Shibuya and TWTNW appear it'll really be leaving those of us who are looking forward to a stronger fantasy aesthetic wanting.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
TWEWY being announced for the switch does add a bit of validity to this, and a lot of what they're saying does indeed sound believable. But I still think it's just someone trying to take advantage of all the recent leaks. 4Chan is a really difficult source to trust, and the comments about how "they're still not used to the UE4" seems off to me. Not to mention that some of this information seems less like a leak and more like educated predictions (the FF cameos, Monsters Inc being the focus of the Japan D23 trailer, etc.).

Didn't The World that Never Was (DDD) resemble parts of Shibuya? Or am I misremembering...

You're thinking of Traverse Town. One of the new districts has structures that look similar to the buildings at Shibuya Crossing (the ones on the cover of the original DS game).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Moved it to Spoilers and took Shibuya out of the title.

Y’all can discuss it but personally this relies too heavily on things we already know so I am on Team Fake this time.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
This leak did show up a day after the original leak so it is entirely possible this person could have taken advantage of the moment. Makes me wonder if the worlds didn't leak would this person ever said anything.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
chaser im skeptical to but the way there rumors and leaks been going this is not of the realm of possible being true

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Ugh, I kinda hate this "good guess" "leaks" as (which is the case here) most of it can come true without the person being a mastermind or having secret knowledge. We already know (or suspected) a ton of these things, and some others are just as likely as they are not (like the release-date being revealed at D23, Q3 and a new trailer coming soon). It doesn't take an insider to suspect most of that to happen.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
the thing thouhj this came from 4 chan the same place that predited everything right xv plot and stuff so yeah it might be safe guessing but at the same time you cant discredit the place it came from though

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
the thing thouhj this came from 4 chan the same place that predited everything right xv plot and stuff so yeah it might be safe guessing but at the same time you cant discredit the place it came from though
For every one actual leak on 4Chan, there are thousands of false leaks. 4chan thrives on anonymous posting, so there’s no way to validate if a person is legit or not which is why the FFXV leaker went there.

It is quite easy to discredit 4Chan because that website is plagued with horrible postings and false information and leaks. Someone being proven to be a leaker can only occur after that information is confirmed in game, so there’s really no point in wondering if this is all true or not until Square releases the trailer next February.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
For every one actual leak on 4Chan, there are thousands of false leaks. 4chan thrives on anonymous posting, so there’s no way to validate if a person is legit or not which is why the FFXV leaker went there.

It is quite easy to discredit 4Chan because that website is plagued with horrible postings and false information and leaks. Someone being proven to be a leaker can only occur after that information is confirmed in game, so there’s really no point in wondering if this is all true or not until Square releases the trailer next February.
yeah your right for right now it a rumor right until then we are not away from the d23 event on feburuay 10

UltimaXOmega

Interestingly Seifer's gang isn't mentioned as being in.
If Shibuya,Noctis and Rinoa are in, my hype would skyrocket.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Honestly, that gigantic list of FF characters makes it obvious enough to me that this is bullshit.

#TeamFake

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Honestly, that gigantic list of FF characters makes it obvious enough to me that this is bullshit.

#TeamFake
maybe the ffxb gang yeah since nomura not over what happened to his project the but rest are possible i mean i could lighting make a cameo in the olympus world

also if nomura want this character in the game he will fond a way to make it fit

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
maybe the ffxb gang yeah since nomura not over what happened to his project the but rest are possible i mean i could lighting make a cameo in the olympus world

also if nomura want this character in the game he will fond a way to make it fit

It's more about the games no one gave a big fuck about so far (6 and 9) suddenly having so many characters. Vivi and Setzer were implemented horribly, and suddenly ohh, so many cool characters from those games? I don't buy it.

UltimaXOmega

That dude who's remixing music for a world in KHIII has a very similar style to TWEWY's soundtrack.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's more about the games no one gave a big diddly about so far (6 and 9) suddenly having so many characters. Vivi and Setzer were implemented horribly, and suddenly ohh, so many cool characters from those games? I don't buy it.
The whole thing plays with previously established connections for 3, and the FF reps are certainly that. Outside of putting in a lot of newer FF reps because the games are newer, suddenly we have more characters from games which already had representation? It just reeks of playing it safe because we know that FF game has already had representation in the series.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Isn't there like 2 FF chars Nomura didn't design on that list? Doesn't he have something against using characters he didn't design unless pressured like with Vivi?

UltimaXOmega

And there was 2 characters he didn't design in KHII.
Zidane and Terra have Dissidia artwork by Nomura so that leaves only Garnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back