• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

re:Coded Fails Sales Wise

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Re: Coded Fails Sales Wise

1. Kingdom Hearts sells much better in America anyways, so yes it'll sell better.
2. They got Coded already, and even the Japs must be getting sick of the fcukton of KH games being released lately. It's not like it is over here, they don't have to wait anywhere near as long as we do for these games, so we eat them up that much more.
3. Honestly, how many more times can ANY of us play through the exact same plot of Olympus Coliseum, Agrabah, etc....the actual new parts of the game are barely enough to make me buy it, I'm sorely tempted to just watch a playthrough online and buy the game sometime in the future when the price drops; and I never played Coded, so imagine how the Japs feel at this point. =/

Let KH:3D drop next week, along with the 3DS; it'd sell out the ass. This isn't a sign of boredom with KH, just a sign that Nomura needs to find a better way to tell the important parts of the story without forcing us to go back through shit that we've played 3 or 4 times in previous installments.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards

The general concense it that japan already has the game for the phone so that could be part of the reason. Also the US sales will be better because a) we don't have the game and b) we have a time between releases to get ready for the new game.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I saw this coming. The game already got released in Japan. It doesn't matter if the game was limited, I bet people still bought the phone to play the damn game.
I bet when it releases nation wide it will do much better.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

I personally don't blame them. It's almost like they recognize what's too much milking especially with the same boring worlds, music, unoriginal, etc. Haha. I don't mean this in any offensive or serious way but aren't you guys tired of always seeing Agrabah, Halloween Town, etc. o_o My god... I love Kingdom Hearts but enough is enough.
Yeah, I can agree 100%. To be honest, the ONLY Disney movie world I can enjoy at this point is Olympus Colosseum. Needs more original words like Radiant Garden and whatnot.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I personally don't blame them. It's almost like they recognize what's too much milking especially with the same boring worlds, music, unoriginal, etc. Haha. I don't mean this in any offensive or serious way but aren't you guys tired of always seeing Agrabah, Halloween Town, etc. o_o My god... I love Kingdom Hearts but enough is enough.

THIS!!!!!!

Agrabah, Halloween Town, and Wonderland need to go. I got so happy when BBS had new worlds, but for the new games I don't want any of those worlds in a KH game ever again. 3D and KH3 better have new worlds.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Pfft, third place isn't that bad especially when the lead is effing Pokemon.
As long as Recoded isn't released within the same time frame as Black & White in North America it should make a decent sale. Pokemon usually crushes the competitors.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

It's not surprising. Coded was already released in Japan; buying it again for one secret movie that you'll see in the internet anyway isn't exactly worth wasting your money for something you have experienced. FMs usually have more content that baits people to buy them. Re: coded doesn't.

Fans only have to worry if it does bad outside Japan.

Absolute

THIS!!!!!!

Agrabah, Halloween Town, and Wonderland need to go. I got so happy when BBS had new worlds, but for the new games I don't want any of those worlds in a KH game ever again. 3D and KH3 better have new worlds.

Considering that Agrabah and Wonderland have a stronger connection to Kingdom hearts plot than the other worlds, expect them to return......yet again.

This is why if Agrabah has to come back, they should use concepts from the TV show. It would give a bit of fresh air to the overdone world.

I also agree with the people saying that we don't need a game that is 90% repeats to show that 10% new stuff that they could have easily done in another game without making a 'new' standalone game about it. Fans will follow you throughtout the series, but never assume that will follow you to every game media just to play the game.

Also, perhaps it is also story fatigue. Some people still see BBS as a side game instead of a main one and the desire for KHIII might be getting increased more and more that people just want it and are tired of waiting. And unless Versus XIII releases, they have to wait longer.

DeathByKeyblade

Considering that Agrabah and Wonderland have a stronger connection to Kingdom hearts plot than the other worlds, expect them to return......yet again.

why do they have such a strong connection? i don't get why xehanort, ansem, xemnas, and the heartless would just keep going to the same worlds. its like they got OCD or something. you get beat, you try another world don't just go after the lamp once again.

αsiя

space coke

It's not surprising. Coded was already released in Japan; buying it again for one secret movie that you'll see in the internet anyway isn't exactly worth wasting your money for something you have experienced. FMs usually have more content that baits people to buy them. Re: coded doesn't.

Fans only have to worry if it does bad outside Japan.
Did Re:Chain of Memories fail too?

Absolute

why do they have such a strong connection? i don't get why xehanort, ansem, xemnas, and the heartless would just keep going to the same worlds. its like they got OCD or something. you get beat, you try another world don't just go after the lamp once again.

Not because of the worlds themselves, but each world has a super special Disney character in it that could still be used for KH's plot.

LAMEXICH

αsiя;5315355 said:

theres no reason for it to do too bad... it had the VO's and a couple extra bosses... thats prbably enough to pull some people in...

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards

αsiя;5315355 said:

Not in Japan because of KH2FM

Over here, however, it didn't do very well.
That's why Europe still hasn't gotten it.

Arausio

Celtic God of Water

i find it funny that people are now saying a game a year is a bad idea, when everyone wanted the games to be mad faster.

the princesses of heart live in those worlds.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

"Fails" seems like a harsh word to use... It still got third this week, and just because sales weren't crazy right out of the gate doesn't mean it can't pick up.

TerravsVentus

This is shocking.

RE:coded is one of the better DS games out there. Lots of Content and replay value.

Radon

mofo

I don't get why this would do bad yet the FMs are the EXACT same game with a few bosses and cutscenes. However come to think of it KH2FM+ was KH2 and Re:CoM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back