• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pre-Square-Enix 1st Production Department Premiere discussion.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Don't be surprised if Square-Enix blacks out the trailers.

If they didn't want to show the trailers, they wouldn't have had a streamed version (even a limited one) at all.

The biggest potential issue is that we have no way of knowing whether anyone who gets the stream will be capable of recording it. =/

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
If they didn't want to show the trailers, they wouldn't have had a streamed version (even a limited one) at all.

The biggest potential issue is that we have no way of knowing whether anyone who gets the stream will be capable of recording it. =/

Oh they will. No doubt on the day there'll be a rush of "OMG GO TO justin.tv/somejapguy" and "NONONONONOOOO GO 2 justin.tv/samejapguy he haz a betr quali-T!".

I unfortunately will be sleeping. I think I gots Wednesday off, so maybe I'll wake up to some Type-0 and XIII-2 goodness.

Falsate

You're absolutely right with regards to the mythos. For me the most interesting bit of Final Fantasy XIII was the three Goddesses; Pulse, Lindzei, and Etro, the door to the afterlife, and the power of the crystals, all of which we already know will be covered by Versus XIII.
Not exactly all of the above since we don't know exactly which part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos will be focused on in Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Aside from that, the nebulous background of Gran Pulse serves as an engrossing setting and story for a XIII-2. Expounding on the War of Transgression and the three higher beings would be enthralling. Gran Pulse's cynosure was its diverse locales and subtle hints at a civilization entailing machinery.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I think that FF13 was a test to be honest. V13 will be the true next gen FF imo.

but this should be exciting. xiii-2 better not suck nuts

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Not exactly all of the above since we don't know exactly which part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos will be focused on in Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Etro, and the Door to Death from Final Fantasy XIII have both been mentioned in Versus XIII's cutscene, and the power of the crystals is pretty much the first thing we learned would be a story point in Versus. The only thing missing is a specific mention of Lindzei and Pulse. Pulse in particular I can see as not featuring in this game; but I was more interested in the general mythos of the Goddesses anyway, which as stated, is a confirmed story link.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Uh Originally Posted by Memory Master
For North Americans though it would actually be 6 or 7 pm Monday night due to the time zone differences. It's only 6am for Japan. huh.

so wait are we actually a day aheady i was hoping i could watch stuff during my lunchbreak at school

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
shamdeo are you going to the premeire
is anyone on khinsider going in person in case this whole stream thing faile i dont want to be in the dark for aweek before we here anything
dissida ,agito, and versus still have quite a bit of time before we get good trialers online
bbsfm comes out next thursday i think

TerravsVentus

Who said Square would announce a XIII-2? They never said that. They hinted at a sequel in the Post-game novel released with the International version of FFXIII. It is not a for sure thing. Plus, if it was, Square could not work on it right now with all of their projects they need to still finish.

Last edited:

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Who said Square would announce a XIII-2? They never said that. They hinted at a sequel in the Post-game novel released with the International version of FFXIII. It is not a for sure thing. Plus, if it was, Square could not work on it fight now with all of their projects they need to still finish.
No one said Square would announce XIII-2 we're all guessing given the evidence.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
Is there a trailer for Versus XIII?
a new trailer? nope but maybe we'll get one this tuesday.

Who said Square would announce a XIII-2? They never said that. They hinted at a sequel in the Post-game novel released with the International version of FFXIII. It is not a for sure thing. Plus, if it was, Square could not work on it right now with all of their projects they need to still finish.
Type-0 and XIII-2

Coeurl

Demon Dance
well it's not really a guarantee that we'll get a new trailer but maybe some gameplay footage or even noctis' voice.. who knows.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
well it's not really a guarantee that we'll get a new trailer but maybe some gameplay footage or even noctis' voice.. who knows.

Noctis Japanese voice has been confirmed hasn't it? I swear I read that.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
dont know the exact details but i remember reading that too. im not even sure if that was confirmation or just speculation..

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Hoping for noctis's friends names it's been long enough,i don't understand how it takes this long to at least release some names.

I honestly do not think this game has been in proper production as long as people think. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even have confirmed names until 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back