• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Piercings/Tattoos

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I don't know about that. I think of tattoos as a form of expression. If I want it on me for the rest of my life, I want it to mean something.

Like, my sister has four tattoos. The first was a butterfly on her back between her shoulder blades, to signify the freedom she gained when she left for college. The second was a tattoo on her ankle, the Chinese symbol for mother, in honor of the child that she lost and our own mother. The third was her daughter's name on the inside of her wrist. The fourth is on the small of her back, an orchid and the words 'Semper Fi' across the top of it. It's to signify her husband, who is a former Marine, and their marriage. She'll probably get another tattoo with her son's name. She's also getting one with me, to signify our bond as sisters. We haven't decided what we'll do.

I do know that it's not the only tattoo I want, either. If it doesn't have some kind of meaning, then I think it's not worth it. But if it's something that means something, something that's not a rose (that's so generic to get), then it's completely worth it.
That and cultural reasons are good reasons why to get tattoos, and I understand why you would get them. It if's "just for fun" then that's something you will probably regret later in the future. I'm still thinking right now. It won't be anything too much, just something small and simple.
My friend and I are deciding to get a tattoo to express our friendship, but we're still thinking about it. I'm too young to get a tattoo anyway, even with parent's permission. :/ (unless if it's those ones that don't even last a day)

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
I don't want to regret any tattoo that I get later on in life, so I've been thinking over what I want the tattoo with my sister to look like now for over two years. I know of a few others that I want, to signify the friends that I've made through the years, but other than that, no, I don't want to go through any kind of pain.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Not to mention how much laser surgery costs. Tattoos also can cost a lot, but it depends how much tattoos you want. We're not thinking about it too much right now; we're waiting if our friendship lasts long enough.
I never really got why people are in to piercings into weird places? Well, places that are weird for me at least.
Like, nipples, and...genital piercings...again piercings on places that aren't "normally" pierced could be cultural, so I understand that.

S

Shadow Soldier

No ring should be on the nose. Just a little stud... ring = ew.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
If you get a tongue piercing, can't you accidentally swallow it? That's why I think they're stupid. Food would taste sort of weird too. That and gential piercings are the worst IMO.

H

Herman Melville

Hmph, this is a good one. I think peircings are for people who feel unpure and further want to infect that image of themselves, as to reflect it into something they take pride in, thus, making their self inconfidence something tangible in order to fool others, fooling them to look past their insecurities.

C

Crossroads

Hmph, this is a good one. I think peircings are for people who feel unpure and further want to infect that image of themselves, as to reflect it into something they take pride in, thus, making their self inconfidence something tangible in order to fool others, fooling them to look past their insecurities.

I think people get piercings because they think it looks cool and...other reasons. I'm thinking it's not as deep as what you just made it out to be.

Sure some people go overboard...but I don't think it's a psychological thing.

Trag

Bronze Member
I also plan on getting this somewhere on my body:
Thursdaylogo.png

xxJonxx

Well I have a Phoenix tattoo on my calf and soon I will have plugs size Zero.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards

I just decided. I really don't like you.

People get piercings and tattoos because they are, in their opinion, cool. In the end it's just like all other fashion, part of it may be about who you think you are, but in the end all that they define is your personal tastes.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Might get a simple tatoo of a cross.

But I would never want to tatoo anything showy on my body, think it would be pointless. And piercings? No thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back