• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Paying in Change

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I tend to get a jar of pennys and shiz. (U.K). Then I get the money sorter at the supermarket. And then I get a receipt from the desk that gives me the money I put in. Heh. Easy £20. Lol.

paoupu girl

All this violence makes a statement
I hate paying for stuff in change.....
my friend did that once and they took forever.
so i just payed for their stuff and made them pay me back later

Sacred Silver

Trumpline '08. ♥
I just hate it when for instance, my mom gives me like 2 handfuls of change to go into somewhere to pay for something. I usually prod her to do it or get one of my siblings to come with me. Sad I know, but it's just so awkward.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I remember I tried to pay for some postcards in Washington D.C. and I couldn't find the money and I was ticked off at myself and then I found in way deep in one of my coin purse and then paid for it and some people were impatient and the cashier's like 'What is taking you so long?' Yeah, it embarrasses me sometimes too but other times, it's easier for me and I just pay and be like 'Whatever.'

D

Deleted member 36435

My mom never stops at the ATM and has my dad do it since she is just like that so I've paid for an entire dinner with change we found in the car. :3

Makes me feel a little weird but I don't care.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
I usually go with some cash and some change to pay for stuff. I do hate it when people pay in pure change, though.

Joy

Bronze Member
You do know that you are only supposed to refuse service if they don't have ANY money, right? If they have change, no matter how petty it may seem to count it, you are obliged to do so.

Bullshit. Cashiers are able to make any excuse to tell you they cannot accept your payment, or your service.

Believe me, it's pretty easy.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Yeah, not only do I dislike paying in change, but paying with money in general is annoying.

I've used my card so much that the numbers are wearing off. QUITE WORRYING.

Strifentine

Awards
I've done this a couple times but I really try to avoid doing it because it makes me feel really embarassed, because there's always been people behind me, and I really hate it when I make other people wait. I always stutter out apologies and everything. >.<

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
I usually pay in change just to get bills back.

So if something costs $3.75 I pay $10.75

Rix

:)
Awards
Lol! I remember I payed something expensive with only coins once xD That was kinda embarassing.. And poor cashier.. I work in a grocery store myself and I'm a cashier sometimes and yes... It can be a little annoying to be honest..

Sacred Silver

Trumpline '08. &#9829;
Tattered Rebirth said:
Making Jews happy?
Remember that little talk we had about not being a douche at certain times, Kyle? =O

I apologize for him everyone, he's not right in the head.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
As a matter of fact I had seen on the news recently that some guy paid for a new truck with just change. Like 20 coffee cans worth, took the dealer 3 hours to count it all but he drove off with a new truck.

Zeph

imp of the perverse
^ Wow.
My parent's made me pay for gas once in change. That's like more than 75$. T_T
And once I was in line and this lady in front of me kept giving the cashier empty gift-cards and finally paid in change. It took forever.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
i always throw away my pennies.....hmmm i should stop doing that.

Zeph

imp of the perverse
My little brother used to collect all the change we'd get and after a year, I think, he had over 200$ mostly in pennies

Ryu

an obscene gesture
I always hate paying someone with change, I mean I'll do it if I have to, but I always try to be as easy of a customer for the cashier as I can, since I know how annoying shitty customers can be. I always end up at the end of every few weeks with a wallet full of change, since I always use either bills or a card.

Though I guess it's easier for Europeans, cause we have 1 euro and 2 euro coins, while Americans start using bills from 1 dollar upwards.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Lol, I've paid in change a number of times.

One time in particular when I was younger, I wanted this Squirtle pillow (yes, I was a Pokemon fan back then), and I had saved up my money to get it. I walked up to the cashier and opened my little purse and poured out 500 PENNIES plus a few nickels for tax.

The poor dude had to count them all and now that I think about it, I feel so friggin guilty! I would've just walked away or had somebody else do it if I was the guy. I'm surprised he didn't shoot himself or quit.

But yeah, now that I know more about money, I'm mostly sticking to quarters or coin dollars and occasional nickels and dimes if I don't have any bills on me. What annoys me about it is having to rummage through my purse just to find the right amount and if there are people waiting behind me, it just makes me feel worse cause I'm holding them up. Sometimes my mom or one of my siblings will step in and pay for whatever if I'm taking too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back