• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New KINGDOM HEARTS 3 info from SE Cafe Osaka Preview Night

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enturax

Awards
I hope it won't be just a single playable character because it will probably make him/her too exceptional and the fans will be pissed that others didn't get there :tongue: Unless it will be a very short chapter in the game, in which case I'd not care about implementation of a new playable character if s/he'd be just a story device and nothing besides that (not being able to expand and level the character).

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Any guesses why they aren't giving out heights for other characters?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I found the tweet that mentions this:

https://twitter.com/yossthan/status/919041247884361728

Someone asks if Lauriam is Marluxia, but he just vaguely answers “Lauriam is Lauriam”.

Compare how he answered to the question about Ven, where he was able to clearly confirm that he’s the real deal, with how he answered to this about Lauriam. His wording is intentionally vague and up to intepretation.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Someone asks if Lauriam is Marluxia, but he just vaguely answers “Lauriam is Lauriam”.

Compare how he answered to the question about Ven, where he was able to clearly confirm that he’s the real deal, with how he answered to this about Lauriam. His wording is intentionally vague and up to intepretation.

Either it's a curveball for fans to not connect Lauriam with Marluxia, or alternatively, Marluxia as a character represents more than one Nobody (like how Xemnas is Terra and Xehanort's nobody).

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Lauriam is Lauriam, and Nomura is Nomura.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Any guesses why they aren't giving out heights for other characters?
Maybe they're still working on functionable models, so the heights can still be flexible to change if things don't go according to keikaku.
Lauriam is Lauriam, and Nomura is Nomura.
This blows my mind, Fudge, how in ALL worlds does this fit in our "Everyone is Xehanort, everyone else is Sora" axis of universal existence?! Scandalous!

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Nomura is now resorting to standard anime catchphrases to answer questions, good grief. Next time he'll say Lauriam is Marluxia, but stronger.

That aside... I'm seeing quite the kerfuffle over this last declaration. Some sites are already posting "Lauriam is NOT Marluxia" articles.
I hope this won't get blown out of proportions, I'm still convinced it was his usual vague answer.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nomura is now resorting to standard anime catchphrases to answer questions, good grief. Next time he'll say Lauriam is Marluxia, but stronger.

That aside... I'm seeing quite the kerfuffle over this last declaration. Some sites are already posting "Lauriam is NOT Marluxia" articles.
I hope this won't get blown out of proportions, I'm still convinced it was his usual vague answer.

Yeah, people are jumping to conclusions and not many are actually posting the source so they can't verify. It's really bad and I'm not too happy about that :\

Like sure, I can understand how they arrived at that conclusion. Let's break it down if that were the case:

Lauriam is not Marluxia:
Because Somebodies and Nobodies are different entities.
Because Marluxia does not yet exist in this timeline.
Because you shouldn't attach Marluxia's actions to Lauriam who should be treated as his own person (i.e. "don't blame Lauriam for Marluxia's abuse of Namine because Lauriam isn't like that").

But then it brings us back to the blanket statement of "Lauriam is Lauriam", which is a complete non-answer and means absolutely nothing.

However, while those interpretations are plausible, the one that seems to be spreading is "Lauriam is not Marluxia's somebody", which is absolutely not what he said.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I really hope Lauriam/Marluxia doesn't get spun out into some crazy multiple identities thing like with Master Xehanort and his alter identities. I liked the idea of Lauriam/Marluxia having been involved early on, thus explaining why he was keen to betray Xehanort. I don't think it'd be interesting if he's just a rehash of Xehanort.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Well all things considered the only thing I get from Nomura's words (other than "somebody and nobody are not the same), is that maybe Lauriam lost his memories and thus Marluxia is less tied to him than a nobody usually is to the somebody, because they usually keep their memories.
But that's just a vague thought I had popping up in my mind.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, people are jumping to conclusions and not many are actually posting the source so they can't verify. It's really bad and I'm not too happy about that :\

Like sure, I can understand how they arrived at that conclusion. Let's break it down if that were the case:

Lauriam is not Marluxia:
Because Somebodies and Nobodies are different entities.
Because Marluxia does not yet exist in this timeline.
Because you shouldn't attach Marluxia's actions to Lauriam who should be treated as his own person (i.e. "don't blame Lauriam for Marluxia's abuse of Namine because Lauriam isn't like that").

But then it brings us back to the blanket statement of "Lauriam is Lauriam", which is a complete non-answer and means absolutely nothing.

However, while those interpretations are plausible, the one that seems to be spreading is "Lauriam is not Marluxia's somebody", which is absolutely not what he said.

Yeah, I agree.
Like, I've read a bunch of theories, even here, on what could that mean and I find a couple of them interesting, but nothing is certain and nothing justifies making an article writing "Lauriam is not Marluxia" in all caps.

Speaking of those, I was discussing with people. Axel IS Lea, right? Meaning it's kinda just the same guy: you can call him Axel or Lea and nothing big changes (whereas you cannot call Sora "Roxas" and vice versa).
And one of the big messages in DDD was Sora telling Roxas that he's himself... maybe Nomura was saying that the same was happening with Lauriam/Marluxia? Maybe Marluxia is another "special" Nobody?
Then again, it's just a speculation like any other. I just wanted to give my own piece of mind.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, I agree.
Like, I've read a bunch of theories, even here, on what could that mean and I find a couple of them interesting, but nothing is certain and nothing justifies making an article writing "Lauriam is not Marluxia" in all caps.

Speaking of those, I was discussing with people. Axel IS Lea, right? Meaning it's kinda just the same guy: you can call him Axel or Lea and nothing big changes (whereas you cannot call Sora "Roxas" and vice versa).
And one of the big messages in DDD was Sora telling Roxas that he's himself... maybe Nomura was saying that the same was happening with Lauriam/Marluxia? Maybe Marluxia is another "special" Nobody?
Then again, it's just a speculation like any other. I just wanted to give my own piece of mind.
Yeah, I agree. I think Nomura’s statement does offer an opportunity to play around with theories, but certainly is not concrete enough to completely rephrase his statement as some other interpretation. Like you might as well have just left his original answer, y’know? And if it ends up that all of this blew out of proportion, people who use “Lauriam is not Marluxia” as his official answer would rather call Nomura a liar than admit their own mistakes.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Sora's height is 160cm
Oh dear, smol spikeyhead is smol, lol.

As for Xehanort, they can't give an exact height but perhaps more than 180cm

Waaat? That would mean I am almost as tall as Xehanort.

They have decided on heights for the other characters, but are unsure if they want to announce it

How come they suddenly pay attention to that?
Announce Lexaeus/Aeleus height then, lolz.

Kairi and Riku's new clothes are pretty similar. There's a hood. However changes are still made daily.

Partner look, eh?

Union Cross's Ven is the real Ven

Tbh I'm not too sure what to make of this...like was this really ever so disputed to begin with?
As far as I've observed most people are not questioning Ventus' authenticity but why the Chirithy he's even in Ux to begin with when his place should be with Terra, Aqua, Sora and the others in the present.

When asked if Lauriam is Marluxia, Nomura merely answers “Lauriam is Lauriam

Typical Nomura answer, lol, but I get what he means.

The story of Union Cross will not be completed in KH3 (not everything will be addressed in KH3)

So in other words:
In-universe => Hook-up points for next saga confirmed, chi-stuff in KH III will be used as more cliffhangers.
meta-wise => We wanna make more money with Union X so we will let it run past KH III.

Like other Disney characters, you can consider Sora's birthday to be the day of his screen debut (March 28)

Wat?
Does that mean Sora, Riku and Kairi as well as Terra, Aqua and Ventus all have their birthday on the very same day?

A little weird, wouldn't it?

Young Xehanort and Xemnas are still under development since their reveal in recent trailers, so adjustments are being made to their faces. Because changes have been made since KH2, adjustments such as lengthening the jaw is difficult. (Yamasaki)

Geez, the new models really are something they have to make many adjustments with, don't they?
On the other hand they do make a huge leap compared to the old models though so this is reasonable and to be expected.

When asked if any character other than Sora will be playable, Nomura comments that such a world exists where this possible, but he can't currently say who it'll be.

"Such a world"?
That can mean many things starting from "Multiplayer-specific"-world over a single story-related world or an entirely different plane of reality (like i.e. the Dark Realm or even "Unchained").

There is demand for figurines of supporting characters and Organization XIII. Nomura will think about it
Before supporting characters or Org XIII they should really finish the main cast first, meaning Terra, Ven, Xion and Naminé figurines.

And cutting back on the flood of unneccessary Sora-figures.

There are no plans to release a Nomura art collection at the moment

Considering how praised Nomura's art is I ought they consider something in that direction.

Yeah, I agree. I think Nomura’s statement does offer an opportunity to play around with theories, but certainly is not concrete enough to completely rephrase his statement as some other interpretation. Like you might as well have just left his original answer, y’know? And if it ends up that all of this blew out of proportion, people who use “Lauriam is not Marluxia” as his official answer would rather call Nomura a liar than admit their own mistakes.

People do this all the time for clickbait on their sites, don't they?
I remember back in 2013/2014 somewhere when Nomura made an offhand comment about both Roxas and Ventus having a role in KH III and some sites going off on a tangent with all bolded letters about "Roxas and Ventus slated to return for KH III" yet the following articles had almost zero substance because there wasn't actually something worthwhile to go on with.

Even the slightest bits of news tend to develop a life on their own nowadays and sometimes spiral into such an influence that some people actually take them at face value...and then when it turns out to be not as overblown as some "trolls" on the net make it out to be Nomura and the staff are the "bad guys" for ostensibly lying.

Well at the time of UX, Marluxia hasn't come into being yet, so maybe that's what Nomura was referring to?

I'm inclined to believe that this is exactly what he's referring to.
If someone had asked the same thing about i.e. Braig in BBS his answer would have been "Braig is Braig" as well since at the time period BBS takes place Xigbar didn't exist yet.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Sora is tiny. But, all of the kids with the exception of Riku are diminutive in comparison to the adults in KH. Riku is like average for a teen his age, and likely has a little bit, but not much growth left. Sora is just a really short kid.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Again, not even that short by Japanese comparison.
Naruto in Shippuden FEELS like he's tall, in comparison he seems tall enough and everyone compliments on his height.
Naruto is also 160 cm.
It's Japanese average.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Am I the only one who expected Sora to be shorter?

I mean, come on.
tumblr_om235lqmJu1tdu6odo1_1280.jpg

Waaat? That would mean I am almost as tall as Xehanort.
Xigbar: "Me? I'm almost as tall as Xehanort." *camera zooms on legs*

Wat?
Does that mean Sora, Riku and Kairi as well as Terra, Aqua and Ventus all have their birthday on the very same day?

A little weird, wouldn't it?
With all the forced connections in this series, is characters sharing the same birthdays really that far-fetched? XD

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Sora was more or less in my predictions, I'm a bit surprised for Terra, who is by comparison kinda like Xehanort therefore another 180 cm.
I'm taller than him by a good margin.
By all means, here too stands the reasoning that for Japanese standards that's a lot, but... it's Terra.

With all the forced connections in this series, is characters sharing the same birthdays really that far-fetched? XD

BbS sounds especially silly, with Ventus/Terra/Aqua/Eraqus/Xehanort/Vanitas sharing the same day for their birthday.
Yo, what if BbS happens during that day too

(hold on, if we're counting the secret movie of KH II as "on screen debut" than Eraqus doesn't count)

DraceEmpressa

Awards

I mean, come on.

He can wear insoles. Like the ones those Korean boyband members slips inside their shoes to make them look taller. XD

So where do you think Young Xehanort should be? I really think he should be taller than Zexion...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I mean, come on.

Pfft, how big are Xaldin and Lexaeus then?
If Saix/Luxord/Xigbar/Axel and Marluxia are "common" adult height and Riku/Larxene/Zexion and Demyx (plus I'd put Aqua in that range as well) have "common" Teenager height, Xaldin and Lexaeus are damn giants.

Lexaeus is the Hagrid of KH apparently.

Aand another one for the Best Quotes-thread. xD

Err, touché, by now there is honestly almost nothing I would put past Nomura including here.
If they have their birthday all on the same day though, people invited to their birthday parties will go bankrupt because they have to get a present for everyone.

Sora was more or less in my predictions, I'm a bit surprised for Terra, who is by comparison kinda like Xehanort therefore another 180 cm.
I'm taller than him by a good margin.
By all means, here too stands the reasoning that for Japanese standards that's a lot, but... it's Terra.

BbS sounds especially silly, with Ventus/Terra/Aqua/Eraqus/Xehanort/Vanitas sharing the same day for their birthday.
Yo, what if BbS happens during that day too

(hold on, if we're counting the secret movie of KH II as "on screen debut" than Eraqus doesn't count)

We don't know which Xehanort Nomura was talking about, but when looking at Xemnas above I can see that being 180 cm (or more, as stated).
How big are you if you're bigger than Terra/Xemnas? Lol, another Lexaeus?

Looking at the picture above posted by Fudge, I'm probably around Luxord's or Axel's height.

Would still give the Wayfinder trio the exact same birthdays, even if by some years apart.
Still, Old Xehanort, Eraqus and Vanitas would then also share a birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back