• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New KINGDOM HEARTS 3 info from SE Cafe Osaka Preview Night

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Having said all that, it really sucks that they haven't decided on a date yet for when to give us another reveal; but if it means that they will have more time to focus on building the game, then I'm all for delayed info.
i took it d23 is the next date nothing been offical yet

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean, Sora is japanese, or at the very least a character created by japanese authors, so... not really famous for average height are they.
I expected something like this. Like, go ahead and look at how actually tall many "tall" Pokémon are.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
See if I got this correctly, Union X's story won't be resolved in KH3, does that include what we learned about Ven and Lumeria, the Fartellers, the new second Union leaders, Master of Masters, Luxu won't be talked about or is that mysteries save for post Xehanort saga since Chi is before he was even born?

Am I interpreting the information or is it too vague to jump into conclusions about?

Veevee

Awards
Union cross Ven is the real Ven? Not too shocking ... like, yeah, what other purpose would it serve to mash him into Ux if it wasn't the real deal?
I'm glad to hear they rework YX and Xemnas' faces, they were so ugh during the trailers and I want both to be pretty if I destroy them. :D
I'm honestly surprised about the sound of "there's some demand for figurines other than the main cast, mainly Sora" - wow, it sounds like Nomura hadn't heard about that yet, wasn't that obvious? And what does he consider "supporting characters", I mean we don't even have the main cast completed yet (I consider Terra and Ven main cast). Does that mean I'll get a Naminé before a Terra? Or never at all because Nomura "has to think about it"? What's to ponder, it's more money, it's not like Nomura has to paint the figurines by hand, so I don't get the issue here.
I don't even know what "selling a promotional trailer collection" even means, so I'll skip on that.

Considering how I recall that someone has once compared the height measures in KH2 and found out that Riku grew from 1,30m to 1,80 meter between KH1 and KH2 (a year. Yeah) I don't believe in height measures too much, even if they are official. xD

ghostwarmen

Awards
Just to make sure about this part: "Although it has been confirmed that D23 was the place to present new information for KH3, it is undecided where the next one will be revealed"

Does this mean KH3 might show up before that D23 in February of 2018?
I took it as them saying that, while they knew they would announce new info at D23 this July, they don't know when they'll announce more info. Which confuses me as this coming February they have that KH event at D23 Japan. I guess that statement is confusing me a bit as I keep hearing they are referencing this past D23 or the coming D23 (which the coming D23 we should get a massive info drop).

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
See if I got this correctly, Union X's story won't be resolved in KH3, does that include what we learned about Ven and Lumeria, the Fartellers, the new second Union leaders, Master of Masters, Luxu won't be talked about or is that mysteries save for post Xehanort saga since Chi is before he was even born?

Am I interpreting the information or is it too vague to jump into conclusions about?

Well for one thing, his name is Lauriam (or some spelling variation of).

But he's saying that not everything we learn about throughout the whole of KHUX will be addressed, probably just major things like the black box and the Book of Prophecies for example. There's a lot of specifics that won't be mentioned in KH3 because it's not relevant to the main plot of that storyline or would over-complicate it.

I'm honestly surprised about the sound of "there's some demand for figurines other than the main cast, mainly Sora" - wow, it sounds like Nomura hadn't heard about that yet, wasn't that obvious? And what does he consider "supporting characters", I mean we don't even have the main cast completed yet (I consider Terra and Ven main cast). Does that mean I'll get a Naminé before a Terra? Or never at all because Nomura "has to think about it"? What's to ponder, it's more money, it's not like Nomura has to paint the figurines by hand, so I don't get the issue here.

Impressions seem to suggest that may have come up as a question from one of the attendees. The particular wording of it used "Sora's friends or Organization XIII". Still not too specific, but essentially amounts to "main characters other than Sora".

I don't even know what "selling a promotional trailer collection" even means, so I'll skip on that.

Like a DVD or Bluray containing every promotional video of Kingdom Hearts since its inception. There's a lot of footage that's way too old and of poor quality or may have never been shown to the public, such as the video that gave us only two screenshots of Terra:

Screenshot01.jpg
Screenshot02.jpg

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Considering how I recall that someone has once compared the height measures in KH2 and found out that Riku grew from 1,30m to 1,80 meter between KH1 and KH2 (a year. Yeah) I don't believe in height measures too much, even if they are official. xD

This too. And honestly one should believe these unofficial "comparisons" even less, even when it at least seems the person put a lot of effort into them.
I welcomed these news because just in this period I got stuck with a dude in my own community arguing that Sora was ABSOLUTELY 133 cm in the first game, and in KH II/KH III he was (once again without a doubt) no more than 150 cm.

People are often dead sure about things they shouldn't be.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Wait...

Xp9AQbd.png

That looks a lot more than a 6 inch difference. He's pretty much a foot taller than Sora. (Yes I know Squall is older than his FFVIII self here, but he would have stopped growing in height during his late teens.)

I am 1cm taller than Sora. Holy shit
Yay, I'm taller than Spockanort!

Knowing I'm taller than some of the people here makes me happy for some reason. XD

Hirokey123

Awards
Squall is older? I swore that Leon was younger in KH not older.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Added another tidbit to the OP:

When asked if any character other than Sora will be playable, Nomura comments that such a world exists where this possible, but he can't currently say who it'll be

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
When asked if any character other than Sora will be playable, Nomura comments that such a world exists where this possible, but he can't currently say who it'll be
meaning yes but he cant say who it is yet

Last edited:

DraceEmpressa

Awards

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
A world. meaning we will not get full another player route but only some other characters are playable in some specific worlds... Or I am getting it wrong?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Oh man some new info on KH3?

"Here is how tall Sora is and his favorite color of sock."

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
A world. meaning we will not get full another player route but only some other characters are playable in some specific worlds... Or I am getting it wrong?

He's left it very vague, and only confirms what we already know; that there is another playable character.

Hirokey123

Awards
10 bucks says this "world" is going to be "The Dark World" ala 0.2 and the playable character is going to be Aqua since they have all the resources and gameplay for her already and the 0.2 stuff was supposed to be part of KH3 to begin with. Of course the more cynical part of me thinks it's just going to be Riku or Lea. The super hopeful part of me hopes it's Kairi but I'm not holding my breath on that.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
10 bucks says this "world" is going to be "The Dark World" ala 0.2 and the playable character is going to be Aqua since they have all the resources and gameplay for her already and the 0.2 stuff was supposed to be part of KH3 to begin with. Of course the more cynical part of me thinks it's just going to be Riku or Lea. The super hopeful part of me hopes it's Kairi but I'm not holding my breath on that.
i think kairi due to the fact they havnent it annouce it yet and keeping it a secret right now yeah they have everthing for a aqua playable but i think might throa curve ball and say it kairi

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
i think kairi due to the fact they havnent it annouce it yet and keeping it a secret right now yeah they have everthing for a aqua playable but i think might throa curve ball and say it kairi

0.2 was suppose to be the beginning of KH3 originally, under that plan it would have made sense to have returned to Aqua later in the game.

But IMO Kairi needs it more.

Muke

whatever
Awards
What I’m wondering about is the following — let’s say we play as Aqua in the RoD in mid-game. What happens once she is rescued? If we go back to that world (post-game, which means the act of going there shouldn’t be a problem within the canon), will we be controlling her again? Is she going to be the fixed character for that world? Or will we just control Sora?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back