• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New KINGDOM HEARTS 3 info from SE Cafe Osaka Preview Night

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix's cafes are hosting a KINGDOM HEARTS collaboration campaign to commemorate the series' 15th anniversary! To kick things off, they held a preview event last night at their new cafe in Osaka, inviting 40 lucky attendees to meet the development staff and try the themed menu and purchase exclusive merchandise before the cafe's formal opening.

Series Director Tetsuya Nomura was also in attendance and spoke briefly about the series, revealing a bit of new information.Thanks to Zephyr, we have translations of them, based on impressions from attendees:

• Sora's height is 160cm
  • As for Xehanort, they can't give an exact height but perhaps more than 180cm
  • They have decided on heights for the other characters, but are unsure if they want to announce it
  • Yamasaki (KH3 character model lead): Kairi and Riku's new clothes are pretty similar. There's a hood. However changes are still made daily. (Note: All costume designs have already been finished)
  • Yamasaki: Young Xehanort and Xemnas are still under development since their reveal in recent trailers, so adjustments are being made to their faces. Because changes have been made since KH2, adjustments such as lengthening the jaw is difficult. 
  • Initial art was only shown here during the short presentation
  • Union Cross's Ven is the real Ven
  • When asked if Lauriam is Marluxia, Nomura merely answers “Lauriam is Lauriam”
  • The story of Union Cross will not be completed in KH3 (not everything will be addressed in KH3)
  • Like other Disney characters, you can consider Sora's birthday to be the day of his screen debut (March 28)
  • When asked if any character other than Sora will be playable, Nomura comments that such a world exists where this possible, but he can't currently say who it'll be
  • There is demand for figurines of supporting characters and Organization XIII. Nomura will think about it
  • Although it has been confirmed that D23 was the place to present new information for KH3, it is undecided where the next one will be revealed
  • There are no plans to release a Nomura art collection at the moment
  • There are no plans for selling a promotional trailer collection for the time being

The KH15 anniversary celebration campaign will be held from October 14~December 14 at ARTNIA, and from October 14~November 10 at the Square Enix Cafe and Cafe Osaka.

Source: @kazaton@yossthan

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm so happy to see that Kingdom Hearts III is not Union Cross Part 2. Let Kingdom Hearts III continue from Dream Drop Distance and 0.2 Birth by Sleep. Now that we know that Union Cross and Birth by Sleep Ventus are the same character, I don't understand how that changes anything? just curious.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm so happy to see that Kingdom Hearts III is not Union Cross Part 2. Let Kingdom Hearts III continue from Dream Drop Distance and 0.2 Birth by Sleep. Now that we know that Union Cross and Birth by Sleep Ventus are the same character, I don't understand how that changes anything? just curious.

You know denial, it's that one person.

I can dig the idea of Sora's birthday in March 28th

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
You know denial, it's that one person.

What are you talking about? I was praising the fact that Kingdom Hearts III is not a continuation of Union X and what difference it makes now that we know it's the Ventus we're familiar with in Union X.

How does any of this have to relate to "denial". Denial of what exactly?

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
What are you talking about? I was praising the fact that Kingdom Hearts III is not a continuation of Union X and what difference it makes now that we know it's the Ventus we're familiar with in Union X.

How does any of this have to relate to "denial". Denial of what exactly?

More on the Ven in UX is the same Ven 🇫🇷 people will deny it, like the many that deny any unnumbered Games in the series especially how DDD split people more than Birth by Sleep and we still have that one member who keeps popping up randomly with threads

Awards
I can’t believe Sora is only 5’3” feet tall that’s 5 inches shorter than Cloud.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
<p>
<li>There is demand for mini figurines of supporting characters and Organization XIII. Nomura will think about it</li></p>
8ae.jpg

FINALLY ! FINALLY! ORG XII MERCHANDISE OTHER THAN SEA SALT TRIO ! AND SUPPORTING CHARACTERS! I WANT BABY ERAQUS ! Also... is there any chance for Norts merchandises?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Fans are gonna go crazy figuring out everyone else's height. XD
But...160cm? That means he's shorter than me by only a few inches. I always imagined him more to my boobs than chin. Maybe Nomura's counting the hair. XD

I'm both happy but still uneasy about how KH3 will deal with Union Cross. On one hand, thank goodness they're not stuffing KHIII to the brim with Union Cross shenanigans, but on the other hand, what does get addressed could still be done poorly and require playing Union Cross to understand what's happening.

Kairi and Riku's new clothes are pretty similar (There's a hood. However changes are still made daily.)
Similar to their KH2 outfits, similar to the KHX anniversary art or similar to each other?

Union Cross's Ven is the real Ven
Were people really questioning this?

Like other Disney characters, you can consider Sora's birthday to be the day of his screen debut (March 28)
So he's an Aries, then. *looks up traits*

Aries strengths: Courageous, determined, confident, enthusiastic, optimistic, honest, passionate.
Aries weaknesses: Impatient, moody, short-tempered, impulsive, aggressive

Yup! That's our Sora! XD

Young Xehanort and Xemnas are still under development since their reveal in recent trailers, so adjustments are being made to their faces. Because changes have been made since KH2, adjustments such as lengthening the jaw is difficult. (Yamasaki)
They can take all the time they need. Xemnas' chin is very important to me.

Awards
On the plus however I’m so glad that they are working on both Xemnas and Young Xehanorts faces. It didn’t bother me too much but it apparently bothers a lot of people and I’m glad their addressing the criticism. And I really hope Nomura does end up designing Play Arts for the Organization 13 members and other side characters plus we still need a Axel, Terra, and Ventus figure. If it where up to me I’d have Nomura create those and have someone else make the DC and Marvel Play Arts instead.

DefiantHeart

Awards
So if their birthday is their screen debut, does that mean Riku and Kairi's birthdays are also on March 28th? o_o

So the art from the x 3rd anniversary are the new outfit all along

I didn't see anything confirm that the third anniversary are the new outfits? Just that Riku and Kairi's clothes are similar with a hood... which I kinda find bizarre. I always found it kinda odd that Kairi and Riku had like the same haircut in KH 2... now similar clothes? XD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So if their birthday is their screen debut, does that mean Riku and Kairi's birthdays are also on March 28th? o_o

Since Sora is the main character, he gets dibs on KH1's (JP) release date for his birthday. Perhaps Riku or Kairi's birthdays are on the release date in other territories?

DefiantHeart

Awards
Since Sora is the main character, he gets dibs on KH1's (JP) release date for his birthday. Perhaps Riku or Kairi's birthdays are on the release date in other territories?

Hmm, that would be interesting. I wish Nomura would confirm that...XD He might as well give them official birthdays if they're going to age...

Part of me kinda hopes Kairi's birthday is during August...

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I didn't see anything confirm that the third anniversary are the new outfits? Just that Riku and Kairi's clothes are similar with a hood... which I kinda find bizarre. I always found it kinda odd that Kairi and Riku had like the same haircut in KH 2... now similar clothes? XD
nomura a while back said that riku outfit is simmular to to x 3rd anniversty art

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Well, that doesn't say that they are the exact same, just similar, and he's saying he's still making changes on the designs... so we could end up with something entirely different still.
true the the color might diifernt but i think the base of the design will be the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back