• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: The Keyblade War [Part One Sign-up and OOC Thread]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: The Keyblade War [Sign-up and OOC Thread]

Key real quick uh ..differentiation between twilight and dawn please?

It's my understanding that twilight is to be the purely neutral path and that you have no preference out of Light and Darkness. Is Dawn the road where you are sort of neutral but you LEAN towards the light from the darker side of things? I wanted to know since I gave Rika the Dawn path but didn't want the definition to be messed.

Key Wielder

Awards

Dawn and twilight are both neutral in terms of choosing the light or dark side; they refer more to the direction a person is moving in. DiZ called it the "twilight road to nightfall," or choosing a path that would ultimately lead to darkness. Then the road to dawn would be choosing a road toward light. For example, I have Llyn's template saying dawn if she succeeds (meaning she'll find her light) or twilight if she fails (she'll fall to darkness). She is still a neutral character, but her path could take her either way. If you want Rika's path to take her toward the light, or even just away from the darkness, then dawn would be the right road. That's also not to say that every middle-road character has to pick light or darkness by the end of the story, though. You can be dawn/twilight forever and simply err toward whatever direction each points in.

...If that makes sense. xD

Last edited:

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards

What lies beyond the door... is just another door, and another, and another...

Name: Aiden Ashford
World of Origin: Claimed to be the Land of the Dragons
Road: Twilight
Weapon:

Tartarus:

A weapon of peculiar nature. It is a simple Japanese katana, but is abnormal when it comes to aesthetics. The sheath, blade, and hilt are pure black and appear almost like obsidian with its gloss. The katana is three feet long and, as mentioned, is pure black. The weapon is perfectly balanced for Aiden’s grip. Along the hilt runs a decorative design of interweaving blue/red rope to create a zig-zag pattern and at the very end of the hilt is a chain with a charm of a black cat as its weight. According to Aiden, the charm is something given to him by his mother and the katana is considered to be a personal item of his rather than a weapon.

Tartarus, when made, wasn’t enchanted with magic and was your standard katana (except, I suppose for the black cosmetic applied). But it seems, over time, it has become enchanted with Aiden’s natural dark magic. Consequently, Aiden can freely channel his magic through the blade to either augment it or use it as a medium for projectile attack. It wasn’t designed to be unbreakable, and in fact his mother figured that the katana would break soon after Aiden received it due to his reckless nature. But, so far it has been incredibly durable throughout years upon years. Of course, regardless of its incredibly nature Aiden takes very good care of Tartarus. Even though he is the complete opposite of samurai, the way he treats his katana mirrors it. Going as far as to sleep with it at least four feet away from it, and always keeping up its maintenance.

Appearance:

Aiden is at 6’2’’ with a fairly muscular build. Being at the very peak of most normal human’s athletic build, Aiden is certainly familiar with any type of rigorous activity. At first glance, he appears to be one of those gifted pretentious pretty boy types. His stature is stereotypical of the regal fashion, with windblown dark blue hair, strong facial features, bright red eyes and a benevolent smile. So, he looks like one of those dumb stuck-up aristocrats with those looks.

His complexion is free of blemishes and is tanned with time. His blue hair is combed backward, without the use of adhesive gel, which is shoulder length. His athletic frame is built for speed and endurance rather than brute strength. He has plenty of muscle mass to appear aesthetically appealing, but its quality is slimed down in order to provide high maneuverability. As per his martial art training as well, his flexibility is at incredible levels as well but his fluid motions are more akin to circus performers.

Aiden wears a simple black blazer with a white collared shirt underneath. Although his clothes are neat and immaculate in terms of quality, there are subtle, and some unsubtle, signs of indifference in appearance. His shirt is unbuttoned slightly to reveal a black t-shirt underneath, his sleeves and cuffs are slightly wrinkled. His shirt isn’t tucked in and his jeans seem to be worn out as the color has faded. And he has regular completely normal sneakers, as when he moves at high speeds his shoes are normally torn to pieces so he can’t go around getting highly expensive shoes every time.

Personality:

Aiden is usually a cheerful person. He has a laidback and calm personality and is definitely the go-with-the-flow type of person. However, he can and has a serious part of his personality when it comes to thing like morality. Aiden has a powerful sense of justice and is entirely stubborn in pursuing it. He is overly protective of friends and puts himself swiftly into danger for their sake. Aiden is always quite chivalrous and treats all women he meets to incredibly high standards, treating them like royalty. But he isn’t one to hesitate to combat women if necessary. He finds it offensive if one doesn’t fight someone because of their gender; it’s like treating a wild tiger differently because it is a girl. However, he has a tendency to unconsciously holding back when fighting women, questioning himself even.

Because of his chivalrous personality, he gets into a lot of trouble with people. He will get defensive for women being harassed and go very far to castigate the offenders. Aiden, being a fighter, enjoys the prospect of combat. He finds fighting quite enjoyable and goes out of his way to find rivals to engage in friendly duels. Saying that, he understands how dangerous fighting is and takes it seriously when his life, or the life or others, is in danger. Although, saying that he doesn’t fight to kill but fight to disable. If he is capable of doing so, he would never kill in a fight due to the morals instilled by his mother and father.

Although Aiden looks more like his father, he has inherited plenty of qualities from his mother mostly concerning his personality. Like his mother, he is overly trusting of people and is very quick to name people his friends. Also he tends to get easily embarrassed by overly familiar affection (since he is usually the one to be the affectionate person) and by nicknames, though thankfully his name is hard to make a nickname out of.

Bio –

(shall be explained in the opening post)

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
The Roleplay Section. I seldom venture out.

Wolfe! Not sure if you remember me, but we RPed like 3 years ago in a KH RP, remmeber? The new chosen or something, you used your Rika character and I used my son of Leon character, Ketsueki? It was a foreeeeeever ago though. That was a good RP. I stuck around for a while after that ended but went AWOL for like... 3 years, and now I'm back!

Not sure if you'd remember though :p

Edit: Man, Neku still reppin that Light path! WOO!

Jaesung

What lies beyond the door, is something that'll give you hope.

Name:
Luke ???

World of Origin:
Doesn't remember (Starts in Twilight Town though)

Weapons: Fists (Martial Arts).

Skills: - Gaia's energy He
can gather energy from Gaia, the mother-earth.
- Sense:can sense the presence of people nearby.
-Energy Attack: He can use Gaia's energy to increase the damage of his normal attacks (punches, kicks and so forth), and sometimes, the energy takes the form of wings.
-Acrobatics: He is proficient in acrobatics.

The Road You Have Chosen: Dawn

Appearance: A very tall young man;6'1. Peach skin. Very skaterish layered blonde hair. His build is a light yet ripped. Carries a Black and one blue striped duffel bag. He seems to pop. He has some noticeable scars on his back from his mysterious past.

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r637/JaesungCity/Luke.png

Personality: Very light, and friendly. You're safe to say to call him a loveable dork. He'll try to make you feel warm, and make you laugh wanting you to smile and be happy, and forget anything horrible that has happened. Although underneath all that is, he want's somebody to do the same thing for him. Although he never tells anybody this. He keeps this a huge secret help up inside of him.

Biography: He has no memories of his family or his home what so ever. All he knows is that some mysterious figure in a black trench coat is responsible, and he told him "Go to the twilight". He ventures on throughout many worlds, questioning why he can't remember his family let alone why he started traveling in the first place. This doesn't stop him, along his travels, he tries to make sure each world he goes to, by the time he leaves. Everyone is smiling. What truly puzzles him, is how he can fight extremely well without any weapons, and how he can use some of the power of Gaia.

Last edited:

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.

This Luke character makes me want to bring Garfield into this just to see who is the better fighter.

EDIT: Never mind. I was thinking of another RP that I'm in. I already did bring Garfield into this.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards

Name: Luke ???

World of Origin:
Doesn't remember (Starts in Twilight Town though)

Weapons: Fists (Martial Arts).

Skills: - Gaia's energy He
can gather energy from Gaia, the mother-earth.
- Sense:can sense the presence of people nearby.
-Energy Attack: He can use Gaia's energy to increase the damage of his normal attacks (punches, kicks and so forth), and sometimes, the energy takes the form of wings.
-Acrobatics: He is proficient in acrobatics.

Appearance: A very tall young man;6'1. Peach skin. Very skaterish layered blonde hair. His build is a light yet ripped. He usually wears grey skinny cargo pants. Along with a nice black and grey striped tanktop. He has some noticeable scars on his back from his mysterious past.

Personality: Very light, and friendly. You're safe to say to call him a loveable dork. He'll try to make you feel warm, and make you laugh wanting you to smile and be happy, and forget anything horrible that has happened. Although underneath all that is, he want's somebody to do the same thing for him. Although he never tells anybody this. He keeps this a huge secret help up inside of him.

Biography: He has no memories of his family or his home what so ever. All he knows is that some mysterious figure in a black trench coat is responsible, and he told him "Go to the twilight". He ventures on throughout many worlds, questioning why he can't remember his family let alone why he started traveling in the first place. This doesn't stop him, along his travels, he tries to make sure each world he goes to, by the time he leaves. Everyone is smiling. What truly puzzles him, is how he can fight extremely well without any weapons, and how he can use some of the power of Gaia.

Define "energy" please?

I want to know how "energy" is connected to Gaia and how you define it.

Jaesung

This Luke character makes me want to bring Garfield into this just to see who is the better fighter.

EDIT: Never mind. I was thinking of another RP that I'm in. I already did bring Garfield into this.
Even with the never mind, should i laugh or feel uncomfortable?

Edit: Nevermind, I got you now.
Define "energy" please?

I want to know how "energy" is connected to Gaia and how you define it.

Basically, it's Gaia's life energy. She gives it to every life form in the worlds. It's basically Mako from FF7 in a sense, but its more in a term of infinite where it will never run out. Some people are able to control and use that energy in many different ways. Sorry it isn't detailed, I'll try to give a bigger meaning to it later.

Last edited:

nightmarezeroX9

Let's Get Down To Business

"What lies beyond the door is... a journey worth embarking on."

Name: Jinsei Ohara

World of Origin: Port Royal

Weapon: Blood Control. Jinsei's ability is to control and manipulate his own blood. He can manipulate it anyway he wants to, making several blades, making wings come out of his back, shooting it as a projectile, and even going as far as to turning it into indestructible armor. Given the downfall to all of that is the fact he can only do one at a time. Not only that, being a grown man, if his blood is to splatter while in use during battle, he is unable to bring it back into his body, and is able to only lose two liters of blood, like every normal human. Now to go into more depth with his ability.

Blood Blade: Jinsei is able to manipulate his blood into the shape of a blade, through any small wound that he can create on his own. The blades can appear from anywhere on his body, but he mainly has them appear on the right above the back of his wrist. Using two at a time is the normal thing for him, and he can swing them around effortlessly. The blades are more than capable of slicing through dense steel of any sort, and have the durability of titanium. The only blade known to be able to withstand a strike from these is a keyblade. Jinsei is also able to extend the length of the blade, which normally about four feet long, doubling it to eight feet without using more of his blood. He is able to do this by making holes in his blades, basically stretching the blood thinner.

Projectiles: This can be considered the most dangerous thing he can do with his blood, towards him at least. Being able to fire his blood requires him to constantly pour blood out of his body, and if he does this too much, he could go into shock. The good thing about his projectiles though, is that they are extremely fast, and are capable of reaching extreme speeds when launched. One of the only things that lack in power with his blood projectiles is that they are not capable of piercing through the body. Despite that, they are plenty capable of breaking bones, and if fired point blank, it could feel like you just got smacked with a giant hammer.

Devil Wings: This ability is merely a way of transportation for Jinsei. Using his blood, he can form into wings on his back, which oddly take the shape of wings that one would compare to that of the devil.

Blood Armor: Purely for defensive reasons, Jinsei is able to manipulate his blood to cover his whole body, and harden, turning it into an indestructible armor that can essentially block any attack. The only downfall really is that Jinsei's mobility is severely reduced, to the point where he can only really walk. Another thing that he is able to do with his Blood Armor, is that he can use it to harden an area of his body that suffered a deep wound, effectively stopping the bleeding. He can do this for others too, except that is a less permanent solution, unlike when he does it to himself. It also greatly speeds up the regeneration of the wound when he applies this effect. This ability cannot regenerate organs or broken bones, and cannot stop him from dying from fatal injuries, i.e. getting stabbed in the heart or lungs.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
- Phase warp: Strangely tying back to his blood, Jinsei is capable of "warping" small distances. Using this, he can warp through solid objects, such as walls, or containers. This allows him greater mobility on and off of the battlefield. Using this requires no blood loss from him, so Jinsei is free to use this when he pleases.

- Devastator: Turning into a stationary tank, to say the least, large tendrils formed from his blood appear out of his body. These are controlled, and capable of smashing through anything just about. The downfall of this ability is that he becomes stationary, like his armor, except an offensive form, and the tendrils can be destroyed, although not easily. They can reach out to a distance of 20 meters, and three can be used at a time. If Jinsei wanted to, he could sacrifice the length of one tendril to increase the length of another, and can make one single tendril the length of 60 meters.

-Siphon Blade: The name says it all. Requiring the blood of someone who isn't him, he can form a thin blade that covers his entire arm. It may be thin, but the blade is more than capable of slicing it's way through anything, and can cut through human flesh and strong metals like it was a piece of nasty wet toilet paper. Enough blood can be drawn from someone else if a small gash was made on their body, and he could do it without warning. Even blood spilled on the ground, albeit fresh, can be used, as long as it isn't his.

Appearance: Jinsei stands at a height of 6'2, which can be considered average. His skin is a natural dark tan. His hair is pitch black., and cut short. His eyes, which naturally look intimidating and serious, are a noticeable green color. His complexion his completely free of anything abnormal, except for a scar which runs down from his forehead to the bottom of his left eye, which his still able to see out of.

His body is rather toned, with muscle quite noticeable on his body. Besides that, there isn't an ounce of fat on him. His attire consists of a black t-shirt, which is rather tight against his body. He wears a pair of blue jeans, torn in the left knee cap, and right thigh, exposing those parts of his legs. His shoes consist of a pair of black boots, which he is rather comfortable with, and rarely changes, even though they look incredibly beat up and worn out.

Personality: Jinsei himself is quite a quiet man, usually keeping to himself, and rarely making talk with others. He is polite, when the need arises, like when opening a door for a pedestrian, and saying please and thank you and all of that. Usually he has a serious look upon his face, sometimes even during incredibly comical situations. He can come off as intimidating, but really isn't at all. Though he doesn't tend to talk to others much, he is a generally helpful guy. When someone in dire need of help shows up, Jinsei doesn't normally hesitate to give them a hand.

Due to his power, which consumes his blood, therefore taking away quite a bit of his energy during a fight, Jinsei can be sort of a pig when he eats. Whenever he orders food at a restaurant, or cooks, he tends to get a load of food, and eating all of it without gaining any weight. Some people who see him do this are rather shocked, seeing as they never would expect someone like him to eat that much food at once. Due to this, some people are so disgusted, that they tend to distance themselves from him, but those are usually the stuck up snobs, who see the way he eats as being incredibly barbaric.

Biography: Born in Port Royal to a single mother, who was a shopkeeper of a general goods store, Jinsei lived a rather fine life, with no complications. Without a father, he felt like he had to step up and take responsibilities around the house and store, even starting doing that at a young age. Sometimes he would work himself to the point of exhaustion. Because of this, he would fall ill quite frequently as a child, which would cost his mother more and more money due to it. After finally getting over all of that turmoil, he and his mother were able to live an average life again.

When he turned about 16, his mother fell gravely ill, and died, within a matter of months. Though he was greatly affected by her death, for the next two years Jinsei managed to keep the shop they ran open. For a while he was able to keep it going just by himself, but eventually, he couldn't handle it anymore. At the age of 18, he sold the shop to an elderly man, who was overjoyed at the fact he owned his own shop. With the money he had gotten from the sale, he eventually left Port Royal, deciding to travel the world, visiting the many places it had in store. During his travels, he finally became at peace with his mothers passing, and even discovered his ability to manipulate his blood to survive. Doing odd jobs, things such as cleaning, delivering, construction work, and even being hired as a mercenary, he used the money he gained to keep him going place to place, and was able to buy permanent residence back in his home world of Port Royal, in case if he ever decided to head back home.

Last edited:

Key Wielder

Awards

O_O Holy cow, this thread's been busy. xD

@King Wolfe: Accepted, and looking forward to seeing his past in your opening post! :D

@Jaesung: You're missing something from the OP; once you add it, I'll accept your template. :) I'm sure it isn't something Luke can use all the time, but just be careful to keep your energy attack from being too powerful~

@nightmarezeroX9: I'm impressed with his weapon/abilities; I never would have expected that! Accepted, and thanks for joining! :)

EDIT: Alright, everyone! The story thread is up and running for your entertainment!

EDIT 2: @Grandsword - Your first post will be fine since I didn't put this in the OP, but please try to post at least a paragraph or two in future posts. I'll add that to the OP for new and current members.

Last edited:

Key Wielder

Awards

It's no problem, I just wanted to put it out there to let everyone know what they should aim for when posting. :)

Grandsword

Website
grandsword.deviantart.com

out of curiosity what is your definition of a paragraph? i ask because it tends to vary between different people.

Key Wielder

Awards

Depending on the length and content of the sentences, I would say between five and ten sentences would suffice--more for shorter sentences, fewer for longer ones.

Grandsword

Website
grandsword.deviantart.com

thanks for clarifying, it gets annoying sometimes when people don't clarify their terminology, i wonder when others will get in on the rp..

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards

thanks for clarifying, it gets annoying sometimes when people don't clarify their terminology, i wonder when others will get in on the rp..

No need to be impatient, the RP only just started.

Key Wielder

Awards

I've also noticed that Saturdays tend to be a pretty slow day for the site in general, especially during the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back