• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: The Keyblade War [Part One Sign-up and OOC Thread]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Wielder

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: The Keyblade War [Sign-up and OOC Thread]

Absolutely. You can have as many as you like! ^_^

EDIT: A link to everyone's templates and Part 1.01 has been added to the OP (now that the darn thing wanted to format properly). If I've missed anyone or anything, please let me know!

Last edited:

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
The Roleplay Section. I seldom venture out.

What lies behind the door is... Neku's head.
Name: Kataki Rosuto

World of Origin: Radiant Garden

Weapon: Dual Hidden Blades, Dual Short-Gunblades

Abilites:

Shadow Molding/Melting/Manipulation -
Kataki has great control over shadows, much to the point where he can basically melt into them as he pleases. He can move while doing so, but the movement is slow and restricted to only where shadows linger. This also works at night, he just blends into the blackness. Thanks to his mastery of shadows, he can bend, shape, extend and retract shadows to hit will, even having them come off the ground and create three dimensional weapons, such as tendrils or spears. He can use this to manipulate objects or opponents as he pleases. He may also create three dimensional monsters or warriors to fight for him, they seem to be sentient, but he controls them himself. If he loses sight of them, they are rendered useless.

Great Force Expulsion -
With a simple clap of his hands or snap of his fingers, Kataki can create a mild explosion around his being that travels outwards in all directions around him. This really only has a super effective range of 1 meter, after that, the effectiveness dwindles. The force is so great that it can break bones and barriers or whatever kind of holds that may restrict him, so long as he can clap his hands or snap his fingers.

Summon Grand Widow -
Kataki can summon a giant Black Widow spider to fight under his command. To do so, he needs to use a specific scroll and the ink used to write on it. He has to dip his thumb in the ink and run it across the scroll, then throw said scroll into the air. In a puff of smoke, the Black Widow, Medusa will appear. Medusa stands at least five times the height of an ordinary man, and possesses command over shadows just like Kataki. She can spit poison mist and acidic liquids and spin a web that can constrain, suffocate or dissolve her opponents. Medusa is extremely resistant and very tough to kill. In her long years of existence, she has yet to fall. Were this to happen though, she would be lost forever, and Kataki would need to find another summoning companion. Were she to be injured, she can retreat at will, replaced by the scroll, now erased of any markings. To be able to summon her again, Kataki has to replace the words of the pact and the symbols perfectly by hand, or else he cannot summon again until he does.

The Road You Have Chosen: Dark

Appearance: Kataki bears the same family name as Neku, but at first glance, you would never guess the two were even slightly related. Where Neku's eyes were blue, Kataki's are a dark shade of green, almost blending into his pupil. His face is usually contorted into a permanent frown, or an evil smirk, much the opposite of Neku.
His eyes slant downwards and possess a piercing, hate filled gaze. His hair is a dark shade of brown, the only thing similar to Neku is the way the hair is styled, almost identical, however his hair is slightly shorter and not as intrusive as Neku's. When outside of the academy, he wears a thick, long dark cloak with the hood up to conceal his eyes.
Underneath his cloak, Kataki wears lightweight ninja gear consiting of short ninja pants, a shortsleeved black shirt with a hood to conceal his face, and a fishnet vest underneath. He, like Neku, wears simple, plain black ninja shoes. Around his neck, Kataki wears chain with a silver circle hanging from it.
Kataki has a similar build to Neku, weighing 140lbs at 5'8. Despite his relatively average stature Kataki surpasses Neku in nearly all combat aspects, from strength, to speed, to stealth.

Personality: Kataki rarely, if ever, smiles. His sole purpose since he was a young boy was to train and become strong, and to master the dark arts. He had no idea why he had to learn these recently discovered techniques, all he knew was that a war was brewing and that he was going to have to fight in it one day.
Because of extensive physical, emotional and mental training, Kataki finds it hard to relate to anyone. He avoids conversation and only responds when critically necessary. Whatever his primary objective is, he will achieve, no matter the cost. He isn't stupid and headstrong, if his life is in danger, he will come back at a later time and try again instead of rushing out into battle.
Because of his cold personality, Kataki is very logical, and a master strategist. More often than not he can guess his opponents next move by analyzing their relative to position to each other and the enviroment, and stacking their techniques up to each other in a matter of seconds.

Biography: Since a young boy, Kataki was trained alongside Neku to fight in the upcoming war as Warrior's of Darkness. During all their training, Kataki managed to surpass Neku at every level, despite Neku being extraordinarily skilled as well. Up until the war was bearing down on them, it seemed like the two would be unstoppable in the field of war. Kataki would always push Neku to be stronger, telling him he needed to harvest the darkness to get stronger, but Neku always prefferred the ways of the Warrior's of Light. Their times spent training together ended when Neku abandoned his home, his family and his training, because he didn't have the dark in him, preferring to battle for the light.
Neku, enraged, took chase, and the two have been playing an elaborate game of Cat & Mouse for two months straight. Two brothers encapsulated in opposite, entwining paths. However, Kataki's mission was never made clear, and if he wished to kill Neku, he could have done already... what does Kataki have in store for Neku?

Last edited:

ThePromise

Tired
Awards

In that case I'll be providing a femme fatale.

"What lies beyond the door is ...
another opportunity to rob a poor sucker of his money."

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards

Ninjas and Assassins.... this is gonna be fun:D

For the record, should I post a list of Neku's and Kataki's skills and abilities? I don't wanna end up being accused of GM'ing coz my characters have skills I didn't mention or anything, I'm generally a fair RPer, but you never know :p

Also, heads up, I'll be away all day Saturday, so I won't be able to begin until Saturday night, is this an issue?

Last edited:

ThePromise

Tired
Awards

Hey Key, does the gathering to Radiant also demand middle roads go too? My characters aren't necessarily involved in this war and while Rika would be there seducing the male population into hooking her up, robbing a perverted sucker, etc, Junichi is not often the type for big cities.

I'll find an excuse for him to be there no problem, but since your description mentioned only light and dark, I just wanted to know where middle road characters stood.

Grandsword

Website
grandsword.deviantart.com

-Don’t call her a ninja, she hates it ..trust me.
-Enjoys smart and subtle comrades.
-Dislikes elemental magic.

*sarcasm alert*oh...i can tell her and ordias will get along fine...
i'm already thinking of some lines he could say

ThePromise

Tired
Awards

Okay, so how many of those lines would make you assume she's a ninja by mere appearance? She looks nothing like one ..and I'm probably gonna remove that section since people like to abuse it.

No offense but people see that section and just drop all common sense in order to get to her, gets tiresome.

Grandsword

Website
grandsword.deviantart.com

Okay, so how many of those lines would make you assume she's a ninja by mere appearance? She looks nothing like one ..and I'm probably gonna remove that section since people like to abuse it.

No offense but people see that section and just drop all common sense in order to get to her, gets tiresome.

oh no, nothing so childish; just that the characterization i'm thinking of for ordias would conflict humorously with what i've read from your template; namely her "work for the highest bidder" mindset vs ordias's "sticking with established allies" mindset

ThePromise

Tired
Awards

Oooooh ...

She's lost most her old allies, Junichi is the only one from her true world, so she wouldn't cross him. It's just that hey, you gotta make a living.

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards

I'm sure Neku will have some interesting conflicts with Rika, seeing how their powers are quite similar (The camouflage, clone technique) but coming from two different power sources... I'm interested to how they'll interact quuuuiiiiiite a bit:) And since their powers are very similar... it wouldn't be out of reason for Neku to assume she's a ninja too..... ;)

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards

Ahaha regardless of whether or not you had that in there to begin with, a character like Neku would assume she was a ninja, primarily because of the situation he was in (being hunted by Ninja), maybe possibly crossing paths with Rika and fighting, seeing the similarities in techniques, honestly not that far out to assume she was a ninja too.
It's not like he'd be all "ZOMG R U NINJA 2?" In the middle of battle, he'd log it in his mind and investigate further when he had the time. And even then, it's not like he'd get all in her face going "lol u ninja lol u ninja" just to piss her off, it would actually, you know, serve something towards the narrative of the characters, instead of me purposefully being an annoying ass.

To be frank, I skimmed the template, and saw the spoiler tag with the explanation of abilities, that's what crossed my mind as her being a ninja. Not me being a smartallic at all in response to that info. If it wasn't for your title of her being an Assassin/Spy for hire, I would have assumed she was a ninja.
Either way, Assassins and Ninjas. Awesome.

Key Wielder

Awards

@Smoofy: Accepted, and no worries about not being here on Saturday. :)

@ThePromise: Rika's accepted as well! As for the middle road characters, it would be helpful to get everyone to Radiant Garden purely to get the interactions started. However, if you have somewhere else for Junichi to be where he can still come across other characters, that's fine as well. :) That also goes for any other middle-road members with characters who aren't actively involved or who don't plan to involve them in the war at the moment. As long as they can find their ways into interactions with other characters or otherwise relevant storylines, that's perfectly fine.

@Klom89: Of course, take your time. :)

Also, if your character has special abilities, you can feel free to post them either with your character's weapon or battle style, or in a separate section in the template like ThePromise did. It's not absolutely necessary per se, but it might help keep some characters' special abilities in order at least. And just a quick word about abilities: I'm not picky about how many you have, but please make sure they don't make your character too overpowered. It's not much of a war if a character couldn't conceivably lose.

Wow, this has been more active in one day than the nearly two months since I first posted it. xD

Last edited:
Awards

Name: Chizuma Euphemia
World of Origin: Radiant Garden

Weapon: Speed and misdirection, two words that best describe Chizuma's fighting style. She's always moving, creating as much chaos as possible and more often than not dealing damage through indirect means. She utilizes various devices to disorient and trap her opponent, from smoke bombs to land mines, one can never guess what she'll pull out next.... Oh, she also has a keyblade, but she doesn't really use that thing, in fact she's forgotten what it even looks like.

Special Abilities:
Extreme pressure: An ability tied to her keyblade, and the main reason she chooses not to use magic. Just how this ability works isn't very clear to her, all she knows is that while it is active any magic she uses is amplified to ten times it's normal magnitude. There is a drawback to this, as she has no control over how strong her magic is... That and the last time she used it she nearly died...

The Road You Have Chosen: Light... At least she thinks so.

Appearance: Chizuma stands at five feet six inches tall. She has long green hair that falls all the way down to her knees. Her hair is bound together at the end by a magenta spherical barrette, with a few inches left hanging out and curved upwards. Her skin is rather pale, something that even hours of basking in the sun won't change. She might just look sickly if not for her obvious energy.

She has large round eyes, colored with a dark purple hue. She has a small smooth nose, and a large mouth, which more often than not shows off her pearly white teeth. Her face is overall round, and one you could say is attractive.... If you can get past the creepy smile. As for her body build Chizuma is lithe like a ballerina, with curves that are subtle yet eye catching. Her chest is fairly modest, nothing to really mention. As for her clothing she tends to wear tight fitting things. The color scheme for said clothes is ALWAYS green, no exceptions. She likes to leave her midriff exposed, only ever covering up for special occasions. She has a green utility belt around her waist, which carries many of her devices.

Personality: You'll be hard pressed to see Chizuma without her signature wide grin on her face. No matter the situation, no matter the mood of the room, she will not break her slasher grin. She has an attitude to match this smile, as she never takes anything seriously. Chizuma tends to laugh things off, and jokes around regardless of what's going on. Naturally this gets her in a lot of trouble, though that only seems to make her want to misbehave even more. Chizuma enjoys having friends, however she also enjoys messing with people to see how they react. She often plays tricks on her friends, which she does not apologize for. She just wants to lighten things up, as she thinks people are far too up tight and take the great things they have for granted.

Biography: Chizuma grew up on the streets of Radiant Garden, never knowing who her parents were and having no clue as to who they are. She got by however she could, as long as she did it honestly. It's not so hard, people were nice to her, and as long as she proved useful she got what she needed. By the time she was 14 she began to notice the rising tension among the worlds Keyblade Wielders. She didn't see the big deal with the divide between those who favored the light and those who choose darkness. Honestly she just thinks both sides need to grow a sense of humor and chill the kupo out.

Last edited:
Awards

I wouldn't mention that to her... for... reasons...

Key Wielder

Awards

Nice template, Piercing Light! Her attitude toward things makes me laugh. xD Accepted and added to the OP--thanks so much for joining! :)

You guys have been so diligent about getting templates up for your second characters, so here's mine:

"What lies beyond the door is the truth."

Name: Darien Fflemoch
World of Origin: Born in Prydain, raised in Kuzcotopia
Weapon: "Forbidden Path" - Keyblade

*Having changed from its original form, Darien's Keyblade is now dark blue with a long reach. Black ivy creeps up from the hilt to the tip, tangling together at the side to make the traditional key-like shape. The key chain is the heart-shaped moon of Kingdom Hearts steeped in darkness.

Special Abilities:

-Dark Firaga Burst: summon a ball of dark flame that shoots off smaller bursts of fire before exploding;
-Sanctuary: creates a shield that restores energy and heals wounds for himself and those around him; takes a great deal of energy, thus he uses it infrequently;
-Dark Drive: can create ghostly images of himself to attack multiple enemies; takes a great deal of energy, thus he uses it infrequently.

The Road You Have Chosen: Darkness

Appearance:
Standing around 5'11", Darien's appearance is about as ordinary as anyone else's. His lean figure is muscular from the years of training he endured, giving him a more intimidating stature to match his attitude. Jet black hair contrasts with his pale skin, his light blue eyes a middle ground that keeps his features from seeming too jarringly opposed. Although he prefers to remain clean-shaven, the amount of traveling Darien does often means little time and some dark stubble.

In terms of clothing, Darien has more important things to worry about and chooses whatever is the most functional and fits him well. Most days find him in loose-fitting black pants and sneakers with a dark blue collared shirt, as well as an unadorned black leather jacket. Plain attire, yes, but the last thing he wants is to stand out.

Personality:
Before learning the true nature of things, Darien was always warm and caring. He eagerly shouldered great responsibility and heavy burdens from the time he was a child, and it was difficult for anyone who met him to dislike him.

That Darien has long since died. He has become cold and calculating, a man who cares for no one more than himself and his goals. He has a sense of humor, albeit a dark one, and makes sarcastic and biting comments often. Manipulative, devious, selfish--these are the traits he believes are necessary for a life of fulfillment. Darkness could free them, and so he allows it to course through his veins. Darien will lie, cheat, steal, and intimidate his way to what he wants--and so help anyone who stands in his way.

Biography:
Darien was born on a small farm in Prydain, the only child of a mother who had never expected to be able to have children at all. When he was old enough, he began helping his father with what small chores he could, slowly becoming more capable as the years passed. They lived a simple life, thankfully ignored by the Cauldron-Born and other wicked creatures; Darien always remembered the love his parents showed him and how hard it had been to leave.

But he had left. When he was eight years old, a woman approached him one day when he was in the field by himself. Master Niex. She had shown him her Keyblade, let him touch the hilt--and then his parents were telling him that he would be leaving, going to train with the Master.

To find a better life.

It was difficult at first to handle leaving his mother and father behind, but the Master promised that she would bring him back to see them whenever he wanted. Besides, he had to be strong. He was the man now and, as the Master also took on a little girl as her apprentice as well, he had to take care of her. Llyn was younger than him and had already lost so much. Darien silently vowed to look out for her as a big brother would.

As they grew older, however, it wasn't her brother that Darien wanted to be. They spent years training together, visiting Emperor Kuzco's private amusement park together--always together, no matter what they did. Finally, the night before his Mark of Mastery exam, he found out that Llyn actually reciprocated his feelings and every concern for what would happen the following day was wiped from his mind. He had wondered if he would have to leave Llyn and the Master if he passed the exam, even considered going back to see his parents. Now none of that mattered. Darien would stay until her training was also complete. After that, wherever they went, they would go together.

Yet even the best of plans can be thwarted by the villain known as Time. In only a short amount of time, their master was taken from them and they had to abandon their home. Darien continued Llyn's education, but it was never the same. Title or not, he didn't feel like a master. Then even Llyn was gone as he willingly sacrificed himself to get her to safety. Knowing she could endure without him, he let himself sink into oblivion.

When he woke, it was in a land of darkness he'd never known of. It was barren, devoid of life and light; only Heartless existed here, and in far greater numbers than he'd ever seen. Darien fought his way through, desperately searching for a way back home, until he finally lost all sense of time. As his resolve faded, his mind changed. It was like his thoughts were no longer his own. He fought them at first, but soon... He could see the truth in them. The Master had taken him from his home and made him into something he wasn't. He had spent every moment of his life living for others. The darkness allowed him to finally care for his own welfare. If all the worlds were like this, there would be no heartaches, no repeats of his mistakes. To be selfish was to be true to yourself. The light blinded people to that fact. It needed to be quashed.

Darien allowed the Heartless to guide him back to the realm of light and is now the head of a faction of dark wielders out to control Kingdom Hearts, the only thing that can unleash an all-consuming darkness and banish the light forever.

Last edited:

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards

Man, as I entered the sign-up section, I saw what I THOUGHT was this thread and saw the page count was 22! I was like "DEAR GOD WHAT DID I MISS?!"

Thankfully I was looking at the wrong thread... phew...

EDIT:
Check it, Neku is the only Light Warrior, REPRESENT, EAST SIIIYEEEEEEDE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back