• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III releasing sooner than expected?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
That one game a year promise was made 2010 or 2011 so if 2.5 come out next year I think they've kept their promise as long as they have to and then they can release KH III when it's finished and polished to be as good as plausible.

axel95

Awards
I always thought that the one game a year promise ended with DDD. If that's not the case, then it will certainly end with 2.5. If we are very lucky, we will see KH3 in 2015 in Japan.

State

Awards
2013: KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 ReMix
'14: KH 2.5 ReMix
'15: ???

Although I'd wish that KH3'd be release on '15, I think the game'll take time until '16, seeing as how home console titles tend to take longer than portable ones. Another thing I'd like is that, 2015's KH title be THEATRHYTHM Kingdom Hearts, it could happen, but I don't know. Yet, another thing I wish would happen is that they engineer Birth by Sleep Final Mix's Mirage Arena to be online with PlayStation Network and Microsoft, so it could count like something to keep the fans busy until KH3. What could REALLY happen, though, is that the year before the game's release will be heavy in terms of marketing (they could even release a DEMO and call THAT the game-per-year).

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
2015: KHIII
2016: KHIII-2
2017-2024: 8 years of side games
2025: KHIII-3

Problem solved guys

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
We know for a fact that we will get one Kingdom Hearts title every year and 2014's is assumably going to be 2.5. So, that means there will be something in 2015, but it's not a guarantee that it will be KH3. If DDD isn't included in 2.5, perhaps it'll be DDD on PS3? But I don't think that's possible since the Reality Shifts would be impossible on PS3. They'll have to turn DDD into cutscenes, which would be pointless to release separately. Not sure. And it can't be Kingdom Hearts X because that's Japan only.

State

Awards
2015: KHIII
2016: KHIII-2
2017-2024: 8 years of side games
2025: KHIII-3

Problem solved guys

I remember an user saying how he'd wish that KH wouldn't "suffer" from Twilight's and Harry Potter's fate of dividing its last chapter into two separate movies. xD

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
There's no way KH III will be available everywhere any later than Q1 2016, imo. Nomura's already said that he feels the pressure of getting it out as soon as possible due to the current seven-year wait and high demand for the game. Because of this, I believe SE will release a rushed, shitty game before it's been 11 years since Kingdom Hearts II was released.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I remember an user saying how he'd wish that KH wouldn't "suffer" from Twilight's and Harry Potter's fate of dividing its last chapter into two separate movies. xD
Harry Potter needed it so they could fit everything in and it was a brilliant journey. Twilight didn't need it.

Also, I know so many of you regard it as not important because it's a spin off, but if Kingdom Hearts X is a huge game, I can see development taking it to a release in 2015.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
At least Harry Potter and Twilight didn't develop their plots beyond recognition in between their respective last two titles. KH3's literally going to become the CoM fiasco threefold.

SeekerofLight

We know for a fact that we will get one Kingdom Hearts title every year and 2014's is assumably going to be 2.5. So, that means there will be something in 2015, but it's not a guarantee that it will be KH3. If DDD isn't included in 2.5, perhaps it'll be DDD on PS3? But I don't think that's possible since the Reality Shifts would be impossible on PS3. They'll have to turn DDD into cutscenes, which would be pointless to release separately. Not sure. And it can't be Kingdom Hearts X because that's Japan only.

reality shifts wouldn't work on ps3, but if they did decide to move 2.5 to ps4 (and include DDD in it) then the touch pad on the dual shock 4 could be quite useful for it.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I'm guessing around 2016 so they want fans to become acquainted with 1.5 and 2.5 for a while and KH3 looks like it still has a lot of work needed to be done.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
reality shifts wouldn't work on ps3, but if they did decide to move 2.5 to ps4 (and include DDD in it) then the touch pad on the dual shock 4 could be quite useful for it.

I had that thought as well, but what would be the point of having 1.5 on PS3 and 2.5 on PS4? The whole point of the remasters was to get all previous entries onto current-gen consoles to allow easy access to all of them in preparation for KH3 on next-gen consoles.

Pestilence

Awards
I had that thought as well, but what would be the point of having 1.5 on PS3 and 2.5 on PS4? The whole point of the remasters was to get all previous entries onto current-gen consoles to allow easy access to all of them in preparation for KH3 on next-gen consoles.

They could just port the 1.5 games to PS4 and have 2.5 on both systems.

Pestilence

Awards
Maybe later once it's close to the release of KH3 they could port them, but I'm pretty sure 2.5 will release on PS3.

I'm sure it will but I wouldn't be surprised if it was for PS4 also.

About DDD I don't think it will be a part of the collection as a playable game.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm sure it will but I wouldn't be surprised if it was for PS4 also.

About DDD I don't think it will be a part of the collection as a playable game.

That's what I think. Even with the touch pad, it'd be too difficult to make it work. I think Dream Drop Distance will just have to be cutscenes. It would fit, honestly. Every game on a Sony console would be playable, and every game on a Nintendo handheld would be cutscenes. Works for me, even though I would love to play Days, Re:coded, and DDD in full HD.

SeekerofLight

Maybe later once it's close to the release of KH3 they could port them, but I'm pretty sure 2.5 will release on PS3.

They probably will go on ps3, and I'm 99% certain they'll be all available on ps4 through Gaikai at one point before kh3 releases. Would be easier for Square that way instead of rereleasing them as ps4 discs.

Pestilence

Awards
They probably will go on ps3, and I'm 99% certain they'll be all available on ps4 through Gaikai at one point before kh3 releases. Would be easier for Square that way instead of rereleasing them as ps4 discs.

Uhh, no. Gaikai has tons of problems as a sole release platform. For instance: they probably couldn't sell it that way very well since it will require a subscription fee to even use. Image quality would be worse than when played on PS3. Needs internet connection. Input lag ect ect. Releasing it normally on PS4 disc would make the most sense.

Also they don't need to rerelease anything. They can just release it as a multiplatform title. Same day for PS3 and PS4.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
2017 is my prediction. Why? Because the major KH titles KH1, KH2, and BBS each have a 4-year time gap since they were announced. Since this is KH3, why would this be any different? ESPECIALLY since now they're working with a new engine, have to re-write the code, and remake every model for every returning character and then some.

At the very least, we MIGHT get KH3 in 2016... but I honestly doubt it. They clearly just started working on this very recently. Probably 2-3 months at the most considering all we know about the game are the visuals and that there is a small beta demo they've been experimenting with. AND Nomura said he feels he announced it too early. So yeah. 2017, I'm sure.

But if Square Enix is smart, they'll release a new KH3 trailer at each E3 from this point on. Because I know Nomura wanted to announce KH3 at this year's E3 because fans were getting anxious... but if it's just this announcement and then we don't hear from them in about 3 years, then that's not gonna help since the average fan believes that it has been in development all this time (Thanks, IGN!)

Uhh, no. Gaikai has tons of problems as a sole release platform. For instance: they probably couldn't sell it that way very well since it will require a subscription fee to even use. Image quality would be worse than when played on PS3. Needs internet connection. Input lag ect ect. Releasing it normally on PS4 disc would make the most sense.
Also they don't need to rerelease anything. They can just release it as a multiplatform title. Same day for PS3 and PS4.

Agreed. A PS4 release would be good. Shoot, I wouldn't be surprised if at TGS, we get an announcement that KH1.5 HD Remix is getting a PS4 release. Because if Nomura's goal with these HD collections is to invite new players in and allow them to play the games in one system, then it'd be smart to have them released on the same platform that the last game in an entire saga is gonna be in.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
In an interview, Nomura said that they were already working on KH3 during KH 1.5. Therefore, we can already say that they've been working on 1.5 for at least a year. I think they've already done more than we think. Still, I'm not expecting this game to be released that early. I think 2015-2016 will be the release year for this game (Japan).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back