• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III releasing sooner than expected?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
If we are still going by the whole "game a year deal" 2.5 would be next, and maybe if we get REALLY lucky KH3 in 2015.

Versus XIII's preorder page was open for seven years before they closed it then reopened it as XV. There is an Agni's Philosophy preorder page despite the fact the tech demo has been repeatedly confirmed to be just a tech demo.

They put preorder pages up for anything, as long as it exists (sometimes even if it doesn't exist)

Nomura has had the plot planned since before BBS, but I think KH3D and their cancelled KH game put something of a wrench in his plans. Whatever he had envisioned in the past is probably very different now, so I wouldn't doubt that they are still ironing out the creative things while they work on the assets.

Actually they are still waiting for Versus :p

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'd actually prefer a later release to an eariler release, as in to avoid a rushed game that is given out too early like i.e. KH 2 was.
Late 2015 is realistic for a japanese release, probably around TGS 2015 with the western versions hitting shelves around christmas 2015.

Pestilence

Awards
I'm still in the 2-4 years camp myself. It's also possible we could get a surprise in 2015 for the wait as means for preparing fans for kh3. I know a lot of people though who thinks its going to come early next year and people saying my 2016-17 estimate is optimistic and were still 8-10 years out but I know Nomura won't let it go that long.
If KH3 was a 2017 title the franchise would be dead at that point lol.

Cmon now. It is one of the first true next gen titles to be announced. They are not gonna release it halfway point of PS4/Xbox Ones life. Early 2016 is absolute latest it will release in Japan.

This also won't be another Versus situation. They are not gonna put Osaka team doing any other weird projects (other than the small team working on 2.5). They also have Disney breathing on their back now that the project has been announced. The only way it could slip to a ridicilously late release would be very troubled development and I have faith in Osaka. They have made two good original games to the franchise (one being absolutely excellent) and one of them was quite a short time for a new hardware. Xbox One and especially PS4 are extremely easy to develop for, much more so than the previous generations. The only thing that I could see as troubling is that Osaka is jumping from handhelds to HD development but I have faith SE is very prepared for next gen this time around after absolutely screwing it up this gen. They might even be outsourcing much of the work if Osaka is having any trouble handling some of the stuff.

Last edited:

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I also believe 2016 is the most valid date, 2017 if they run behind (hopefully no longer than that). And that's taking into account that (hopefully) XV will be in stores by the end of 2014 and they give KH3 at least 2 years of full development.

wayward-wind

Website
www.last.fm
If KH3 was a 2017 title the franchise would be dead at that point lol.

Cmon now. It is one of the first true next gen titles to be announced. They are not gonna release it halfway point of PS4/Xbox Ones life. Early 2016 is absolute latest it will release in Japan.

I agree. 2017 seems a little too far ahead. I say 2016 at the latest :)

Pestilence

Awards
I also believe 2016 is the most valid date, 2017 if they run behind (hopefully no longer than that). And that's taking into account that (hopefully) XV will be in stores by the end of 2014 and they give KH3 at least 2 years of full development.

But late 2015 would already give them 2,5 years of development (plus whatever preproduction stuff they already have accomplished before the announcement)! I'd say 2016 is the date if they are running behind. 2017 would be absolute disaster and SE would probably be the laughing stock of the generation again. I really don't think this will happen. I think they have been planning their next-gen strategy for a long while now. They have their FF13+14 disasters over with this year and FFXV and KH3 are full speed ahead as their flagship titles after that.

Edit: It is kinda funny that I think there is this ''pessimism'' around the expectations of this project. I think SE has this stigma now that makes people fear every project will take at least 3-5 years or whatever. It was the same when I talked with different people how KH3 would probably be announced at E3. Most said it couldn't be possible for whatever reason. Mostly it was because ''2.5 isn't announced yet'' like SE was this clumsy rhino who could do one project at a time and every project would take forever to get out. I'll call it right now: people will be very pleasantly surprised by SE output next generation if they compare it to what we got this gen. I believe we will get at least 2 big totally original Final Fantasy titles and 2 big Kingdom Hearts titles and that is not counting any of the possible spinoffs or XV sequels or whatever.

Last edited:

Youniquee

Awards
But late 2015 would already give them 2,5 years of development (plus whatever preproduction stuff they already have accomplished before the announcement)! I'd say 2016 is the date if they are running behind. 2017 would be absolute disaster and SE would probably be the laughing stock of the generation again. I really don't think this will happen. I think they have been planning their next-gen strategy for a long while now. They have their FF13+14 disasters over with this year and FFXV and KH3 are full speed ahead as their flagship titles after that.

Edit: It is kinda funny that I think there is this ''pessimism'' around the expectations of this project. I think SE has this stigma now that makes people fear every project will take at least 3-5 years or whatever. It was the same when I talked with different people how KH3 would probably be announced at E3. Most said it couldn't be possible for whatever reason. Mostly it was because ''2.5 isn't announced yet'' like SE was this clumsy rhino who could do one project at a time and every project would take forever to get out. I'll call it right now: people will be very pleasantly surprised by SE output next generation if they compare it to what we got this gen. I believe we will get at least 2 big totally original Final Fantasy titles and 2 big Kingdom Hearts titles and that is not counting any of the possible spinoffs or XV sequels or whatever.

Wow, 2017 is definitely too long...I'm thinking 2015 latest.

But I think it's better for people to have that 'pessimism' about the release date so they won't get too unrealistic with their expectations and then get disappointed when they find out KH3 is 2/3 years away.
FFXV is mostly why people have this expectation and I don't blame them. XV was announced early too and look what happened...but I don't think Enix will make that mistake again.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
2015 is an logical guess if not 2015 worst case scenero would be 2016 other then beyond that is just lol

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
Well, Kingdom Hearts has proven to be an annualized franchise ever since 358/2 Days, so that would mean 2.5 would cover 2014. Because of this, I honestly don't see this getting past 2015, even in NA/EU/AUS. But, it all depends on how fast they can pump out XV. I would expect XV and KH III to be about a year to a year-and-a-half apart from each other.

Just don't trust pre-order pages. They're just placeholders, so they're irrelevant when it comes to news on a release dat. Almost every game gets a pre-order page once they're announced.

this game isn't coming out in 2017 lol

Fabulman94

I anxously await for a 2015 release.I wouldnt be surprised if we get a 2016 release.

Gonzales95

Awards
As I said before - localisation is a much quicker and more efficient process on the basis that Japanese companies have realised that Japan isn't the only country that plays games. Gap between KH1 coming out in Japan and Europe was 8 months. The Japan>Europe difference for 3D was 4 months.

I used Europe rather than the US not because I am English, but because Europe (and Australia) always seem to get the short straw as far as game releases are concerned, and games need more localisation to have text (and sometimes dialogue) in various European languages (French, German, Italian etc) that aren't normally needed for the US version. Therefore, the gap between Europe and Japan represents their localisation team better IMO.

Holiday 2015 seems reasonable, the consoles will have been out for a year so the install base should be pretty good and the inevitable initial problems with the consoles should have been resolved (at least on PS4).

I also expect KH3 to come before XV. You heard it here first.

Santiago

It should be out by 2015. Either that, or 2016 if they decide to remake Dream Drop Distance for consoles.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Edit: It is kinda funny that I think there is this ''pessimism'' around the expectations of this project. I think SE has this stigma now that makes people fear every project will take at least 3-5 years or whatever.

I don't think 3 years is a super long time for a game to be in development. 2016 seems like a pretty fair expectation to me. If they took any longer than that then maybe we could start complaining about it taking long.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't think 3 years is a super long time for a game to be in development. 2016 seems like a pretty fair expectation to me. If they took any longer than that then maybe we could start complaining about it taking long.

and those three years will be tolerable since we will discuss and speculate new info from trailers, screenshots, and revelations about the story of kh3 from nomura

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
three years isn't that bad if you look at i mean wait seven years for the sly cooper to come out plus im sure the kingdom hearts hd remix will hold us over

Sorakh212

Awards
Sorry but there's really not much to go off here. I mean yeah so the pre-order pages are up across numerous websites, but that doesn't mean it's going to come out any time soon. Plus if you know anything about game development games take a long time to make especially if this is going to be next gen. There's a long rigorous process that usually takes between a year or two depending on how long the game is and what kinds of features it has. I'd honestly be surprised if they managed to get this game out the door before 2015 actually. I mean don't get me wrong I can't wait to play it and I'm freakin stoked like none other, but it's just realistically speaking here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back