• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III releasing sooner than expected?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeybladeMaster07

Greetings fellow KH fans,

I know we all have been REALLY excited within the past few days due to the teaser trailer of KH III. I, not even joking here, teared up a bit when I first saw the long awaited trailer.

At the end of the trailer though, we saw the logos of the console that this epic game will be releasing on; the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One. The next gen console will be releasing soon this year. I don't know why, but I have a gut feeling that Kingdom Hearts III will be releasing SOONER than we know. To prove this, take a look at this Amazon pre-order page for Kingdom Hearts III: Amazon.com: Kingdom Hearts III: PlayStation 4: Video Games

Now I'm sure they wouldn't put that up if the game wasn't going to be released any time soon, or at least within a year. Another point I would like to point out is that Tetsuya mentioned that there will be a secret message in the KH 1.5 Remix artbook. Could this secret message actually be a hint towards the release date of Kingdom Hearts III? I sure hope we won't have to wait long for this long awaited sequel!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Websites from multiple countries have been putting up pre-order pages.

Nomura also said it was a bit early to be announce KHIII's development. I doubt we'd see the game before 2016. If we are really lucky, it will be 2015, but only if they are quick.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
A pre-order page doesn't mean much, a lot of websites put them up soon after a big name title game is announced. Like Chaser said, Nomura commented saying that he felt that KH3 was announced too early and there's still the issue of FFXV that doesn't even have a release date yet and it's way further along.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Before E3, FFXV had a pre-order page for years before it had it's name changed and was re-revealed to the public.
It's nothing more that to secure purchases and have a page ready for the game.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
There's still Re:MIX 2.5 which I reckon will come out next year.

Domination

Awards
Greetings fellow KH fans,

To prove this, take a look at this Amazon pre-order page for Kingdom Hearts III: Amazon.com: Kingdom Hearts III: PlayStation 4: Video Games

Now I'm sure they wouldn't put that up if the game wasn't going to be released any time soon, or at least within a year. Another point I would like to point out is that Tetsuya mentioned that there will be a secret message in the KH 1.5 Remix artbook. Could this secret message actually be a hint towards the release date of Kingdom Hearts III? I sure hope we won't have to wait long for this long awaited sequel!

I recall the EB Games website calling it a 'placeholder'. I can't imagine that this would be anything more than securing an order for when it actually does come out. From what I can gather, placeholders and pre orders are different.

Nova

Yeah I doubt we'll see it before 2015. I think it will be... 2014 - LR, 2015- FFXV, 2016 KH3

Pestilence

Awards
It's 2015 title (at least in japan). I think most things are pointing at that. Hopefully they improve the localization times for this title.

A

auburn-flare

If the "Now in Development" message at the end of the trailer is accurate, then there is no way we are going to see a 2014 release. Give the game about 2-3 years to get polished and served. Anything less than that will just be horrible.

Gonzales95

Awards
KH3 has been 'in development' since 2010, though it obviously wasn't a huge priority at the time and they are still fairly early in the actual developing of the title, but I'm guessing many design/creative decisions have already been made, e.g. plot, worlds etc. It's just the actual developing that probably has to happen now, although that's obviously no small feat. Also, the acknowledgement that Osaka are working on the game should see it being considerably quicker now, on the basis that they are focussed on KH rather than having to worry about how XV is getting on.

I would still not expect it to come out before 2015 on the account that whilst Osaka are working on it, they still probably have to consult with Nomura a lot, which will take up time. They will still be working on localising KH1.5/2.5 which will also take up some time. After KH2.5 comes out which should be in 2014 (all regions), KH3 will really accelerate in development and I'd expect it to be ready and released in Japan at some point during 2015, with it hopefully coming out internationally in time for the holiday season (localisation is much quicker these days or at least should be).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If we are still going by the whole "game a year deal" 2.5 would be next, and maybe if we get REALLY lucky KH3 in 2015.

If it was releasing that late, I do not think the sites will be putting up pre order pages this soon. It wouldn't make sense, in my opinion.

Versus XIII's preorder page was open for seven years before they closed it then reopened it as XV. There is an Agni's Philosophy preorder page despite the fact the tech demo has been repeatedly confirmed to be just a tech demo.

They put preorder pages up for anything, as long as it exists (sometimes even if it doesn't exist)

but I'm guessing many design/creative decisions have already been made, e.g. plot, worlds etc.

Nomura has had the plot planned since before BBS, but I think KH3D and their cancelled KH game put something of a wrench in his plans. Whatever he had envisioned in the past is probably very different now, so I wouldn't doubt that they are still ironing out the creative things while they work on the assets.

Last edited:

moonstar_xo

I think the game a year promise we got only really applies to Japan, so I could see Japan getting KH3 in 2015, and depending on when in 2015 it's released, places outside of Japan may either get it later in 2015 or we may have to wait until 2016.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think the game a year promise we got only really applies to Japan, so I could see Japan getting KH3 in 2015, and depending on when in 2015 it's released, places outside of Japan may either get it later in 2015 or we may have to wait until 2016.

All regions have gotten a game a year since Nomura made the statement. It applies to everybody.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I think the earliest we can get it is 2015 or 2016ish because they still need to release 2.5 ReMIX. Hopefully they might release a special collector's edition along with it.

Pestilence

Awards
If we are still going by the whole "game a year deal" 2.5 would be next, and maybe if we get REALLY lucky KH3 in 2015.

I don't get how that would be ''lucky''. Let's say that KH3 released in Q4 2015. That is 2,5 years from now. That is quite normal dev time for a game and we know that the game has been in development at least for a litle while even if it has been just pre production mostly. 2016 would be a very late release especially if it was the latter half. So I definately expect 2015 release.

I think they are planning to get XV out early 2015 and KH3 late 2015 with them having no real big hitters for 2014. Basically just 2.5, Lightning Returns and maybe some unannounced stuff like FF12 HD or something. MAYBE they could get XV out in Q4 2014 but I dunno.

SeekerofLight

I'm still in the 2-4 years camp myself. It's also possible we could get a surprise in 2015 for the wait as means for preparing fans for kh3. I know a lot of people though who thinks its going to come early next year and people saying my 2016-17 estimate is optimistic and were still 8-10 years out but I know Nomura won't let it go that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back