• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 68 posted)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi +

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 9 posted)

Sorry for the late response. These past few days have been ugh... :/

Heh anyways, you where right about this chapter perhaps being the most emotional one yet. I for one would be interested in a situation between these two, honestly. xD

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

O.O poor Ventus! I feel so bad for him, if only Sora would hurry up and go get Aqua. Then Ven could wake up! I would be panicking if I were in Roxas position. But I'm glad Roxas can at least help a little even if it isn't much. I can understand how helpless Ventus feels. I feel like shaking Sora right now DX and telling him to get going!

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

Well KK, he doesn't know where anyone is,and has no clue what's going so cut him a break.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Sorry for the late response. These past few days have been ugh... :/

Heh anyways, you where right about this chapter perhaps being the most emotional one yet. I for one would be interested in a situation between these two, honestly. xD

It's ok, you thought about it after all. ;)

Yup, if it doesn't pull at one's heartstrings at least a little that person is as cold as an refrigerator. *ggg*
Lol, what exactly does that last sentence mean...???

O.O poor Ventus! I feel so bad for him, if only Sora would hurry up and go get Aqua. Then Ven could wake up! I would be panicking if I were in Roxas position. But I'm glad Roxas can at least help a little even if it isn't much. I can understand how helpless Ventus feels. I feel like shaking Sora right now DX and telling him to get going!

If those are the feelings the chapter serves it's purpose. ^__^
Sora getting Aqua won't help much here though...as Ven then would feel the same pain physically if he even can awake. His heart has still some very serious wounds and those pain-seizures come from some of those wounds deepening.
Roxas surely is very confused and feels miserable because he can't do much.
Ven is indeed more or less helpless...and the memory of his wayfinder is the only anchor he still clings to, evidenced by him crying for Aqua and Terra and nearly going hysterical when he drops the wayfinder. (Hence the title of the chapter).

Well KK, he doesn't know where anyone is,and has no clue what's going so cut him a break.
Lol, exactly, Sora only knows there's something wrong while Riku suspects something but isn't sure how to approach Sora about it.
In chapter 6, Sora heard both of Ven's screams when Roxas's keyblades hit him while he felt something when Roxas got hit by Ven's Spark Raid.
In this chapter...there is also something happening that may affect Sora, I wonder if anyone finds it. ;)

---

That said, this will be the last answer from my side here for two weeks since I am on vacation.
Nonetheless, I will surely answer all other reviews, questions and statements when I'm back and then chapter 10 will follow in short order.

Thanks to all readers for reading and commenting on my first serious try on a story. ^__^

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

(In response to Chapter VIII)

Firstly, I'm impressed you managed to catch all of MDG's speaking mannerisms. And Braig and Isa's conversation with each other; typical Braig, always finding some way to make fun and lighten the situation at the expense of other's; Isa must hate his new nickname. Definitely looking forward to seeing Lea meet someone, whether they be friend or foe.

/late as fuck response.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

(In response to Chapter VIII)

Firstly, I'm impressed you managed to catch all of MDG's speaking mannerisms. And Braig and Isa's conversation with each other; typical Braig, always finding some way to make fun and lighten the situation at the expense of other's; Isa must hate his new nickname. Definitely looking forward to seeing Lea meet someone, whether they be friend or foe.

/late as bonk response.

Yay, finally another review. ^__^

Heh, thanks, I actually watched some cutscenes of the Disney cast in English, since I only knew their german voices except in BBS.
I'm glad I managed to bring over Braig mostly in-character, it is so much fun writing his lines...one can almost see how Isa is constantly annoyed by his "colleague" *ggg*.

Lea's mini-arc surely gives out some mysterious vibe...;)

Hey, at least you managed to dish out one, that's what counts. :D

---

I know it was a long delay, but now we'll go forward with chapter 10.

Let's see if poor Ventus finally gets some reprieve and if Roxas can finally shake of that feeling of not being able to do much...;)

#####

X. Let us become friends

"Blank them out..." Ven whispered in disbelief. "oh if I only could...these memories are coming back crashing into my mind ever since you confronted me with that horrendous letter...all is coming back, ugh!"
He had to gasp several times before he could find the strength to speak on.
"and it keeps getting weirder and weirder...I...I...try to focuse on positive memories but it won't work...the images are just too strong..."

The young boy sighed,tilting his head up from Roxas's shoulder, the sad blue gems searching eye contact again.
"...still...as I feel the pain increase everytime my feelings intensify now, probably deepening the wounds of my heart or re-opening some not fully healed, I would think you're right."
Roxas nodded slowly, his face showing genuine pity and sympathy.

"You having my appearance, all this stuff with you being an existence born from the heart I took refuge in, so many things I don't understand,and nearly losing my wayfinder was the last straw almost driving me crazy...uuunnhh...but...but I despise myself being so weak and helpless..."

Ven continued to get worked up over the situation, slowly shaking his head in confusion.
With the last few words after enduring another pain-burst his left hand clawing into Roxas's coat tightened a bit, and the youth noticed the new dangerous development of Ven's growing frustration at his own fear and pitiful state.

"Stop it!" Roxas barked louder than he actually wanted, his own fear flaring up that his "twin" would suffer another seizure of additional pain right away. "Frustration and Self-blame will have the same effect!"
Ventus let out a short surprised squeak, his eyes flickering with insecurity. "S...sorry, I..."
Roxas bit his lower lip. Tsk, no...that was probably too harsh. Stupid me!

"Forgive me, I didn't mean to sound that harsh...still, you continue to endanger yourself by doing such things."

Ventus closed his eyes, breathing choppily. "Well...forgive ME for not being able to cut off my emotional state within a moment's notice..." He gulped back another sob. "...it's not that I asked to be partly ripped out of my slumber or that I like being constantly hammered by pain-seizures and being a trainwreck not even able to FEEL without worsening my situation, you know!!! I'm not some weird masochist!!!"

That hit home...the black coated youth felt as if a stinger was rammed into his chest. Within Ven's voice there was, beside the anguish and growing frustration, now also a faint glimmer of anger.
"I'm sorry Ven...you really misunderstood me...I...I never intended to reprimand or lay any accusation on you. It's just because I am nearly helpless as well...I can't endure seeing you suffer this badly much longer...and not being able to do something drives me nuts!"

Ven changed his position in the embrace slightly, his bare chest raising and lowering in conjunction with his now somewhat calmer breathing.
"Hnnh...seems like we both only manage to push each other further into frenzy..."
Opening his eyes again the faint anger vanished from his voice.

"...just seeing you has me filled with questions and confusion...and I can sense that you are still anxious to get more information despite trying hard to suppress it...not a good base to calm down, huh?"

Roxas smirked a little.
"Ok then...if we have problems calming you down, lemme try something different."
"Huh?..."
Bringing the star-pendant up dangling between their faces, Roxas fixated Ven's pale face while loosening the embrace a bit.
"You said this is what keeps you going. You can't hold it, and as sad as that may be, it's irrevocable now, so I'll keep it for you until you can hold it again. I swear I won't lose it!"

The wounded boy managed a small smile. "You'll do that for me? Oh thank you!"
Roxas confirmed it with a short firm nod before looking his 'twin' straight into the face again.
"Now Ven, focus on it...tell me the very importance of it, use it as a helper to soothe your anxious emotions, your fear and confusion. Find reprieve with it, ban all memories, feelings and thoughts that would increase your suffering until you're strong enough again to face them!"
Having made up his mind, Roxas was determined now to build the other boy up again...as comforting alone seemed not enough to keep the poor heart from breaking and he certainly didn't want to load more guilt on his shoulders than he had already done.

At first Ven blinked surprised, then he smiled again with a careful nod.
"Pretty good idea, that might even work! Just one moment!"
Bringing up his cramped right hand Ventus wiped shortly over his face to get rid of the tears before he locked his sapphires with Roxas's again.

The other boy now noticed a spark of hope in Ven's eyes.
Biting his lip again Roxas stiffened. It now was essential to be cautious and not to do or ask anything that could upset or scare Ven anew...the constant suffering from the persistently remaining pain was already bad enough.
"Take all the time you need, important is that you calm down. So, according to what I heard earlier this little thing is called a wayfinder?"

Ven nodded more firmly in approval this time, looking at the pendant with a fond expression.
"Yes, that's its name. The reason it's so important for me is because it serves as the manifestation of the connection to the two people most important for me...my dear friends I took this ordeal on for...in order to keep them safe."

"The people...most important to you...your best friends. I see...the hope of being able to meet them again is what keeps you going...and their names are Aqua and Terra, right?"
"Y...Yes...but how do you know...???" The wounded boy was slightly flustered.
Roxas gave away another gentle smile. "You uttered those names during one of your pain-seizures..."

"I did? Oh boy...I can't remember...anyhow, it was Aqua who made one of those for each of us three, as a token and proof for our close bonds...I...I just like them both so much...I want to be able to be with them again someday. This gave me inner strength to endure this torment for all this time."

Taking on an almost dreamy tone, Ven closed his eyes again, obviously imagining the appearances of his closest friends.

For the other boy, this was a lucky development, as Roxas needed all his willpower not to let out his own pain which threatened to surface when hearing Ventus yearning for people he loves.
Even more similarities between us...uuhh...no, I mustn't upset him...I have to suppress my own...torment...
Looking aside, he swallowed his own painful feelings forcibly down...images of Hayner, Pence, Olette and Axel appearing shortly in his mind...and a dark swirling cloud he already had seen when taking Ven in his arm the first time...someone he knew who was important, but not having even a single memory of that person.

So painful...knowing that you have forgotten an important person...nhh...I HAVE to regain my composure...for Ven's sake...

"Roxas? You're not feeling alright yourself, are you?" Ven's polite voice cut into the black coated youth's thoughts.
Startled, Roxas looked back at the other blonde again...gulping...despite all the suffering and agony, the lad had actually the vigor to be concerned about others.
It was simply amazing...

"No...agh, yes...I do have predicaments of my own...but they're dispensable for now...you need to rest and recover some strength." Roxas answered with emphasis.

His firm words didn't match up with his state, as the hand holding the star-pendant up between the two boys started to shake slightly, the pendant swinging lightly on its cord.

Despite all the suffering Ven's senses were very keen, and he noticed it in an instant, removing his left hand from the coat on the other boy's chest and placing it gently on Roxas's left shoulder.
"In order to not upset me again, you deny your own suffering? You're so kind, if there was ever be a doubt that you're a good person it is squashed now.
Thank you so very much for doing all this for me, one day I will surely pay you back for all you did."

Roxas looked back at his look-alike with a dumbfounded expression, taking the wayfinder back into his hand and lowering it.
"You, you're talking nonsense, what I did wasn't that much, on the contrary, I injured and scared you by trampling over your wounded heart in my anxious behaviour to get information. Then the only things I was capable of is casting spells that didn't really work, holding you in an embrace which didn't really help with your vast agony and fetching your wayfinder back."

Ventus tilted his head slightly, his sapphires blinking shortly.
"Ah, no...now you're talking nonsense, and bringing yourself down...silly."
His cheeks glimmering in a faint shade of red, he continued after gulping back another sob.
"Just as I was frightened and upset by your actions, me being here did more or less the same for you...only in a different way. You didn't do much? Don't you dare play that down...even if the spells didn't work out to have much effect, the intention to help me is there...and you have no idea how much you taking me in this comforting hug and fetching my wayfinder back actually helped. It really means much for me..."

Now it was Roxas's turn to match the faint red cheeks, his embarassment increasing even more as Ven rested his head softly against his chest now, the left hand still lingering on his right shoulder.
While still hesitant Ven was obviously enjoying it, shyly snuggling a bit closer like a lost puppy finally relieved to get some affection.

"Your idea worked out very well...making me concentrate on my friends did calm me and bring the pain down to its usual level again...still very painful, but bearable. So while it's true you can't actually do anything to heal me, you do support me and ease the agony...and that already means very much...so don't claim your actions don't really help, they do!"

The black coated youth felt a broad mixture of emotions running through him, from calming and thankful over the fact he wasn't fully helpless after all over being greatly embarrassed and flattered in Ventus clinging to him in so much trust to a still lingering feeling of guilt in the back.
This lingering guilt was the reason Roxas felt such embarrassment at Ven starting to trust him...not only the unintentional wounds he inflicted during their fight...much more alarming in his head was the period he apparently tortured Ven's heart without knowing it..

"That this means so much for you...I...did not expect. Seems you were right after all...we push each other into frenzies. As you calmed down I nearly got upset..." He sighed, letting the pendant dangling from his hand again.
"...still...I don't really get why you now trust me so much all of a sudden..."
Warily, and very hesitant, Roxas brought up his left hand, very softly wiping away a strand of Ven's sweat-soaked golden blonde hair on his forehead before shortly stroking through his hair again, the pendant all the while dangling from the outer side of the hand.
The first action caused the sleeve of his coat to fall back a little, letting Ventus notice Roxas's black-edged checkerboard-wristband.
"Evermore new similarities surfacing..." The wounded boy mumbled, curiosity apparent in his tone.

"Huh?...oh, that..."
Before he could add something, Ven spoke again.
"You don't get it...huh...it's hard to explain but I'll try." Chuckling a bit, he shifted his position in the embrace again. "While it's true you incredibly scared me at first...especially with your rude behaviour, me remembering your torture of my heart and that dreaded letter, when you actually came closer to me...and then treated me so nicely and tried to help, I noticed something more in you, something trustworthy. I sincerely believe now that while that torture did happen it was neither done consciously nor with malevolent intent on your part.
So, with us being so astoundingly similar in so many ways, and having found each other...let us become friends as well!!!"

With these closing words, Ventus raised his head, his sapphires gazing directly at Roxas again and his entire expression a mixture of genuine warmness and seriousness.
The other young blonde now had his cheeks burning with redness, taken by surprise with Ven's direct, innocent approach.

#####

So, there we are, it certainly goes a bit into the "fluffy" category I would say. ^__^

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwi +

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 10 posted)

Sorry, for my late response! Well, you know the situation... ^^;;;

I'm still liking as to where you are taking these two characters. For one part I thought they where very hesitant of each other, but for no instant would I believe they would not become friends. Very nice Sephi. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Oh, and seems like I caught a small typo in the first paragraph, I believe you meant focus, not focuse. :)

Nov

Awards

I must say that I'm hooked now. I read all ten chapters in a row and I love this story so far. I don't read fan fics much as I tend to lose my interest easily (or then I'm just a lazy reader D:) but I really enjoy this one. So, well done! I love the way you describe emotions so therefore I like Ven/Roxas parts the best. I can't wait for the next chapter~

Jepic

Wow. Your writing is great! I discovered this fanfic purely by accident. ^^

By the way, is Ven going to tell Roxas about the misadventure that got his heart so injured? That would make an interesting conversation. =)

Anyway, waiting the next chapter with anticipation.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Been gone a few days, so I'm glad to have finally readied it XD it was good. It was fluffy but that's what made it so good. Roxas gives a vibe like an older brother in a way when it comes to Ventus. Considering he trying to support Ventus in any way that he can but has inner pains of his own. Anyways you did a wonderful job displaying their emotions and the chapter. I look forward to more XD

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Sorry, for my late response! Well, you know the situation... ^^;;;

I'm still liking as to where you are taking these two characters. For one part I thought they where very hesitant of each other, but for no instant would I believe they would not become friends. Very nice Sephi. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Oh, and seems like I caught a small typo in the first paragraph, I believe you meant focus, not focuse. :)

What are you getting at? Lol, you're the first this time around.

I'm glad you like that portrayal, I did put much effort into letting Roxas and Ven approach each other slowly, so the hesitance was fully intended, yet now with Roxas doing everything in his power to help Ven realized he can trust him. ;)
Ahaha, indeed, you're right, I have to correct that in short order later on.

I must say that I'm hooked now. I read all ten chapters in a row and I love this story so far. I don't read fan fics much as I tend to lose my interest easily (or then I'm just a lazy reader D:) but I really enjoy this one. So, well done! I love the way you describe emotions so therefore I like Ven/Roxas parts the best. I can't wait for the next chapter~

Ah, a new reader, I am very happy my story caught your attention.
I will see to hopefully keep your interest alive on this one, that's for sure. ;)

It really seems I have a hand for emotional scenes and descriptions, thank you very much. ^___^
The Ventus/Roxas parts are actually among the most difficult to write out up to now because I want to put great care on how to convey the emotional parts.

Wow. Your writing is great! I discovered this fanfic purely by accident. ^^

By the way, is Ven going to tell Roxas about the misadventure that got his heart so injured? That would make an interesting conversation. =)

Anyway, waiting the next chapter with anticipation.

Wow, many thanks. Lucky for us both you discovered it then, hehe.

Well, that depends on if Ven manages to regain enough strength to tell that drama without overstraining his heavily wounded heart more, but the next chapter will already give you an idea on what might happen in the future as it handles besides other things exactly this question. ^__^

Been gone a few days, so I'm glad to have finally readied it XD it was good. It was fluffy but that's what made it so good. Roxas gives a vibe like an older brother in a way when it comes to Ventus. Considering he trying to support Ventus in any way that he can but has inner pains of his own. Anyways you did a wonderful job displaying their emotions and the chapter. I look forward to more XD

Glad you like it. Yep, I think it was actually the first "fluffy" chapter I wrote, but I though that after all that suffering in chapter 9 both Roxas and Ven deserved a bit of comfort.
Hehe, Roxas comes indeed over like that, mostly because he's "physically" in a way better shape than Ventus.
Yet I also think it is a bit ironic since Roxas is essentially the younger one with barely a year of age, lol.

Roxas has big inner pains, but since he fears that Ven might get upset again with additionally worrying over him, causing more bad pain-seizures he chooses to keep it down by force.

Thank you, it's really a big motivator to move on with this story. ^__^

---

If nothing important in RL prevents me from doing it, I will see to put up chapter 11 this weekend.

Youniquee

Awards

'While still hesitant Ven was obviously enjoying it, shyly snuggling a bit closer like a lost puppy finally relieved to get some affection.' Aww, love the comparison~

Lol Roxas blushing xD I can imagine that! There's nothing bad about a bit of fluff~ Roxas is such a sweetheart ;_; holding back his torment for Ven's sake. I do wonder what's going to be the repercussion of that...I hope it's nothing too bad. Maybe Ven will be there for him just as Roxas was for Ven :33
You've really got the hang of the characterization of these characters and I'm enjoying their interaction a lot.

Though, I do feel that this section with these 2 is coming to an end for now...correct or not? xD
Great writing as always ^^

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

'While still hesitant Ven was obviously enjoying it, shyly snuggling a bit closer like a lost puppy finally relieved to get some affection.' Aww, love the comparison~

Lol Roxas blushing xD I can imagine that! There's nothing bad about a bit of fluff~ Roxas is such a sweetheart ;_; holding back his torment for Ven's sake. I do wonder what's going to be the repercussion of that...I hope it's nothing too bad. Maybe Ven will be there for him just as Roxas was for Ven :33
You've really got the hang of the characterization of these characters and I'm enjoying their interaction a lot.

Though, I do feel that this section with these 2 is coming to an end for now...correct or not? xD
Great writing as always ^^

Tehehe, I'm really satisfied with the way I describe those "affectionate" parts between characters, also with the intention in the back a little to show that it is really meant to be innocent closeness between them. ;)
And it fits, right? Ventus is a little puppy...<3

Well, yeah, Roxas isn't used to that kind of treatment and situation, so he's a bit insecure.
Him keeping his own suffering to himself in order to not upset Ven again just shows that he has come to care for his look-alike now and that he has understood one of the reasons why Ven had the additional pain-trip in chapter 9.
As for repercussions, well, for that we'll have to wait and see...;)

Many thanks for that...I actually do enjoy writing these types of interactions a lot as well. <3

Uhm, this time you're not completely correct, as we have still one chapter with Roxas and Ven to go before they will both get a bigger "break" (you'll understand why at the end).
But for now, let's enjoy some more fluffyness around here, see Roxas gaining his first real somebody-friend and some hints at future developments as well as some information on why Ven is lacking so much of his attire. ^__^

#####

XI. A Promise to share the torment

"Friends..." Suddenly Roxas felt a small ounce of happiness inside him. "...yeah, of course! Now I am strangely so very happy I found you..."
Ven answered this for the first time with a wide, happy grin. "Then it's settled..."
The other boy couldn't help but laugh shortly at this. "You know, you being cheerful and happy is a very pleasant sight...I certainly want to see that more regularly."

"I'm actually more like this by nature...but in my current state...well...at least positive emotions don't seem to increase my pain."
The black coated youth now also grinned warmly. "Finally some good news..."
"Ehehe...right." Ven chuckled and went back to rest his head against Roxas's chest. "Just having some company to hold on to...easing my troubled mind...giving me some warmth to rest in..."
The other young blonde now chuckled as well, letting Ven rest in the embrace without feeling awkward for the first time, now knowing it actually has an positive effect.
His right hand has still the cramped, numb fingers...but I actually could...
"Hey Ven...you still can't hold your wayfinder...but I might have an idea to give it back to you nonetheless." Roxas said out loud.

"Is that so? Well, let's hear it...as long as you don't plan to squeeze it into one of my ears or just tuck it into my pants..." Ven chirped somewhat teasingly.
"Tsk...no worries, that's not what I have in mind..." He answered while switching the pendant over into the right hand, which was still holding Ven as well.
With a bit difficulty he managed to undo the knot at the cord. "Now raise that cramped arm of yours in front of me..." He demanded.
Clenching his teeth, the wounded boy managed to do as instructed.
"Alright, now I'll need you to hang on me by yourself for a short moment as I need both hands." Roxas exclaimed while bringing his right hand further up and, wrapping the cord around it two times, tied the wayfinder effectively to Ven's right wrist.

"Oh...very nice..." Ven hummed satisfied. "Uhhmmm, now, I do have an idea as well..."
"Yeah? What is it, my new friend?"

"I know I need to rest and replenish my strength...so, if you don't mind, I would like to go back to full sleep for a while. Nonetheless, I would like us two to make a promise. Undoubtly we both have quite a big torment that we suffer from...and I learned from my master and my friends that sharing your anguish with someone you trust makes it easier to bear...so let's promise that we both will share our torments when I get some strength back to endure telling my own story and also hear yours!"

"I...don't know what to say...you really would want to do that? Relive all your torment again...and load on top of this also mine?"

Ven's sad blue eyes fixated him again. "Yeah, no matter how horrible it is...by analyzing all that happened and bringing it out clearly, we might both be able to understand each other better...and maybe shedding some light on all this mess that bothers us both." He whispered, his shaking increasing a bit again before going on.
"...and furthermore, I just can't accept your constant help while I know you're suffering as well...it would just not be fair. There's just that catch...that I'm in no condition to endure all this now...that's why I ask you to let me rest a bit more. If possible, I would also like for you to stay with me...as your presence is really comforting now."

Roxas blushed as red as a tomato at this.
"Err, uuhm, sure, not an issue. If it doesn't impede anything of course I'll stay."

"Impede, he says," The wounded boy gave away another smile. "No, I firmly believe it's actually the other way around, you staying by my side and supporting me will serve to let me recuperate faster."

"What makes you think that? I have no clue on how to heal a heart, and while my actions did serve to help you out of the additional pain-trip I won't say they actually improved your overall condition."

"You're mistaken by always thinking that you have to actively do something. If you haven't noticed, while I am still shaking and the pain is still rocking my manifested body here, I do not need to sob that much anymore, much less cry. By making me remember my closest friends and become one yourself, as well as giving me the wayfinder back by binding it to my wrist and actually hold me, you created and called forth positive emotions."
Ventus had again a dreamy tone, glancing fondly at his wayfinder.

Roxas slapped his free left hand against his forehead.
"Agh, of course, if negative intense emotions increase the pain it's probably safe to assume that positive work the other way around.."

"That's how it feels, at least." The other blonde whispered with relief.

"Oh well, if it helps really to decrease your suffering a bit...there's the good reason for me to stay by your side...and if you experience a backlash I'm here for you as well."
Inside Roxas, the determination to help Ven in his recovery grew with every passing second, also with the confidence in the back of his head, that when his "twin" gained more strength they could talk more in-depth and unravel some of the mysteries that surrounded everything.

"Thank you very much...I...I can't explain why your presence has those effects, but on the other hand I'm just grateful it does..."

"It's ok...so then let's now make you a comfortable spot for resting...as laying on your stomach shivering as before is surely not that great...and our current position with me holding you while on my knees isn't going to last. I'm already somewhat stiff and when I get a cramp I might accidentally wake you."

"Eh? Comfortable spot...oh, sorry, I forgot that while this is comfortable for me, it might not be for you. So what's the idea?" Ven mumbled while still remaining close to the black coated youth, relaxing in the embrace.

Letting out another chuckle, Roxas gently caressed Ven's hair again. "Pretty easy actually...I'll clear some parts of the platform of the glass shards, then set up a sleeping spot for you..."
His glance sliding down his "twin's" left leg he stopped at the bare foot, raising a brow.
"...and just out of curiosity, where's your missing shoe? And why are you half-naked anyways?"

Ventus snorted amused. "Hah, remember what I said earlier? This "body" you see is a manifestation of my heart, and as these glass shards are also part of my heart they can't really harm me. I don't know where my real physical body is...but I tend to believe that when Aqua understood my last request, it should be in my homeworld...with both shoes."
The wounded boy was now actually laughing in a low tone for a short time before he continued with a dead serious voice.

"As for why I only wear my right shoe and pants right now...that has to do with my overall state. It reflects the status of my heart...as you might realize when looking at the two wounds you inflicted on me while we fought. Seeing myself now...with no other open wounds anymore, I apparently did accomplish quite a bunch of recuperation over all that time...do you want to know how it started out? How it looked like right after the grave wounds were just inflicted?"

Roxas gulped. "Uhh...only if it doesn't upset you...sorry if I acted insensitive. Still, I'd rather say we move that to after you have taken a replenishing nap, just to be sure."
"Alright...then let's move that issue forward."

"As you wish, I'll lay you down carefully...as I don't assume you can sit upright, do you?"
Ven shook his head. "Nope, I think I'm still too weak for that..."
"I guessed so..." Roxas mumbled while starting to let Ven slide down to the floor with uttermost care.
"You know...that doesn't mean you have to treat me like a raw egg..." His "twin" grunted a bit frustrated, but more directed at himself.

"Well...you do look extremely frail and vulnerable, I fear..." Roxas answered, giving his new friend a very compassionate look.
"Can't deny it...but still..." Ven let out another frustrated sigh...followed by a short suppressed sob. "...stupid pain!"

Only capable of nodding in understanding, Roxas finally settled him down on the platform. As he already knew only too good how frustrating it is being helpless...only able to watch and not being able to act.
The physical pain, no matter how excruciating, would rarely exceed the psychological agony of one's own helplessness...being at the mercy of outside forces...

Sighing, he got up from his kneeling position, walked two steps away and started to stretch his stiff limbs.
That's better...now...I gotta make this more comfortable for Ven...
With these thoughts, Roxas unzipped the main zipper of his coat, starting to take it off.

As he was just about to remove it completely, slightly turning in the process, he noticed Ven watching him,causing the lad to quickly throw his head aside, squeaking embarassed.
This caused him to snort with laughter, playfully raising a brow.
"Now what's wrong? Do you really think I would have nothing under that coat? It's all fine."
Looking down on himself, there were his normal civil clothes, as he remembered them.
The black, high collared jacket with the zipper shaped as a four-pointed star, the white over-jacket with the pleated red collar and two-colored long pants in beige and black. The only difference were his completely black shoes in contrast to the grey-black ones with red straps he normally wore with his casual clothes.

"I-It's not that! I never had such thoughts! I just realized I was impolite by constantly staring at you like that, guess I still can't comprehend fully that we look like identical twins."
Ven sounded clearly embarassed.
"Me neither! I would say it takes time to come accustomed to it. Nonetheless, you can look without any problem."
Roxas answered while carefully placing the black coat on the platform-floor, kicking aside some glass shards with his right foot.

Ventus turned his head around looking at the other boy again, his eyes widening.
"Whoa, even your clothes resemble mine somewhat, and that red pleated collar is exactly the same as on one of my pieces of clothing, uuuh?"
As his gaze fell on the zipper at the black jacket, his voice faltered.

"Ven? What's it? Don't tell me!" Roxas narrowed his eyes, worried something might have scared his new friend.
"Th-That zipper, it's that letter again!!!"His 'twin' said shaky, looking at the wayfinder tied to his right wrist to calm himself.

"Letter? But no, Ven, that is no letter...it's just a star with four points. It can be read as an 'X' though, as the middle letter of my name is. So you're scared of the letter 'X'!!??"

"No, not 'X'?!" Ven gulped, shivering more again. "It's pronounced 'Chi'."
"Chi????" Roxas didn't understand one thing.
"Anyways, that we also put back until later, now you'll need to rest!"
With these firm words, Roxas also took down his red collared white over-jacket, folding it up and then picked up the coat, getting near to Ventus again.

"So, that'll be more comfortable for you."
He gently raised Ven's head with one hand a bit, placing the folded jacket as an improvised cushion under it.
After this, he spread out the coat, covering Ventus's half-naked body with it like a blanket.
That's better, much better!
"Oh, how nice of you, thanks a lot!" Ven let out a relieved sounding hum, smiling.
"No issue, after all, this will also keep us connected, as these 'clothes' are also made up of my memories, and therefore part of my essence."
"So I'm resting my head on part of your essence, huh? That's really a proof of trust."
This time Roxas could see it clearly, through all the sadness and agony, Ven's eyes now also emanated hope.
Ven blinked shortly. "Oh, one last thing before I go to sleep, let's not forget our promise."

Bringing up his left hand with the white-edged wristband, Roxas immediately met it with his own left one and the black-edged wristband. "The promise is hereby made, Ven, when you have regained strength, we will share our torment. I will stay here with you, and maybe also take some time to rest."

With a final, approving and grateful nod, Ventus closed his eyes, starting his rest.
"Sleep well, my dear new friend." Roxas uttered in a compassionate, happy tone, more directed at himself with a friendly smile.

#####

So, there we are. Ventus is now going to rest a bit to regain some strength after all that drama, while Roxas is at least a bit happier now that he isn't so lonely anymore. ;)

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

Not a bad chapter. Good to see Ven and Roxas as buds.

Kiwi +

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 11 posted)

I still can't get over how well you write out these chapters with so much emotion, especially with Roxas and Ven. So, if I read your comment correctly, from what you told Youniquee. This recent one will be your last chapter with these two? Well, for now.

Either way, I'm excited to see what you will incorporate next. C:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Not a bad chapter. Good to see Ven and Roxas as buds.

He, thanks.
Yeah, they had a bit of a rough start due to misunderstandings but now they're certainly true friends. ^__^

I still can't get over how well you write out these chapters with so much emotion, especially with Roxas and Ven. So, if I read your comment correctly, from what you told Youniquee. This recent one will be your last chapter with these two? Well, for now.

Either way, I'm excited to see what you will incorporate next. C:

Heh, maybe that's really one of my specialities. ^__^
Glad you like it this much.

For now, yes, we will shift the focus away from Roxas and Ventus for quite a while, their first story arc is finished.
Ven is sleeping to regain some strength after all that painful stuff happening to his wounded heart during the chapters 3 to 5 and chapter 9 and 10 while Roxas more or less watches over him.

The next chapter, No. 12, will continue two of the other still running arcs. ;)
I will try to post it either next Saturday or Sunday.

Nov

Awards

I'm liking how the relationship between Ventus and Roxas is developing, especially when it might lead to some interesting consequences. Therefore I can't wait that they learn more about each other. I'm already very interested in their conversation where they share their torments. So I'm a bit bummed that this is the last chapter between these two for now, lol but yeah, you have to give some room for other characters as well~
I can't wait for the next chapter, yearning for it but I've said that to you already, lol.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I'm liking how the relationship between Ventus and Roxas is developing, especially when it might lead to some interesting consequences. Therefore I can't wait that they learn more about each other. I'm already very interested in their conversation where they share their torments. So I'm a bit bummed that this is the last chapter between these two for now, lol but yeah, you have to give some room for other characters as well~
I can't wait for the next chapter, yearning for it but I've said that to you already, lol.

Believe me, it will lead to several consequences later on. ;)
That conversation will indeed have to wait for quite a time, but when it's there it will be all the more interesting to see especially when put in connection to the other stuff we will learn beforehand.

Just see it as an opportunity for Ventus to get a bit better so he can shoulder all this without getting another horrible pain-trip like in chapter 9.
I'm glad this is causing so much interest. ^__^

The next chapter is right on the doorstep...time for some progress in our three parallel arcs from chapters 7 and 8:

#####
XII. Increasing Pace

The efforts made in the last few hours inside the gummi ship wharf at Disney Castle were in no way inferior to those of the Restoration Committee in Radiant Garden.
After bringing in Gyro Gearloose and his little helper, Goofy remained with Chip, Dale and Donald as well to speed up the refit of the gummi ship.
With Donald and Goofy installing the big parts, little helper and Dale were responsible for the small parts and the delicate electronics.
Gyro Gearloose did the main work on the new sensors and radar, as well as testing the new electronics while Chip functioned as the overseer, monitoring the progress.

"That's the way to go fellows...if nothing screws up now we might have that new ship ready the next 30 minutes." Chip announced satisfied.

"Gawrsh, we surely got the turbo on...what a success we managed in five hours." Goofy jumped down from a bunch of gummi blocks, giving Donald another radar-gummi.
"Another one? How many do you want to install? With all these sensors and radar we could scan our vicinity all around in over 2 kilometers...are you aware how much energy that takes?"
Donald said, noticing the ship already had two radar-gummies attached.
"Lets rather take some additional Neon Bar- or Orb-gummies to increase overall power...and what about the cockpit section now?" He continued, throwing the radar-gummi back to Goofy.

"The cockpit is close to finished now...the controls are upgraded for the new system and the two additional seats are installed. Nonetheless, combined with the new sensor-system and the additional power-gummies the ship suffers from a drastic decline in speed, and the agility is also hampered due to the increase in tonnage."
Gyro Gearloose reported, still standing on top of the new cockpit.

"That's not important now...question is when will the ship be usable to get a ride to Destiny Islands." Donald quacked back, impatient.
"Like Chip said, in about half an hour...we still need to make a full function-test and also connect the engine-controls to the new cockpit." Gyro said while fully concentrating to fix another Neon Orb-gummi above the Cockpit-roof.

"Alright, then test that thing like there's no tomorrow, I'll inform his Majesty that we will start to DI in at most one hour." Donald answered, turning around to leave, but nearly falling over little helper, who was carrying a load of cables.
"Waak! Dammit...that's what we get when not making a proper schedule, sorry helper."

"A hyuck, Donald surely shows quite the hasty air." Goofy chuckled.
"Not a big wonder, as according to King Mickey the issue is urgent...seems you really slacked of too much." Chip snorted, holding a blueprint of the improved gummi ship, which looked quite funny as the thing was nearly thrice as big as he was.
"Hmmm...we have no choice...the installing of the new engines and additional wing-gummies to balance out maneuverability will have to wait until you brought the Destiny Islands-gang over here. His Majesty won't allow any more delays." The chipmunk squeaked, looking at some values indicating ship performance.

Goofy looked somewhat sheepish. "Gawrsh...maybe going for a complete overhaul wasn't such a great idea after all. Although one would have to say that no one could expect this Xehanort-guy to make trouble again that fast."
Chip looked at him, his tail as busy moving as always. "Y'know, the idea itself isn't that false, the king also acknowledges that...and Sora's friends really need a place to fit in the ship if they join you as well. It's only bad luck anything has to go so fast now."

"Oi, if it is really that urgent, wouldn't it then have been better to take the King's gummi-ship for a fast trip to Destiny Islands?"
"That I sincerely doubt..." Came Gyro Gearloose's voice from above. "...as King Mickey's royal gummi ship is an one-seater!"

"A hyuck, certainly forgot that for a moment...so when can we start the tests?"
"There's one task left to do, connecting the engine-controls to the new cockpit...then all systems should be ready for a first test." Gyro retorted, checking one last time if the Neon Orb functioned correctly.

"That's a refreshing message indeed!" The voice of King Mickey sounded from the entrance of the wharf.
"Greetings your Majesty. Yes, we managed quite a feat I would say." Gyro answered while Goofy whirled around, seeing the King, Donald, Queen Minnie, Daisy and Scrooge McDuck standing there.

"Very well...after that issue is finally settled, you can take some rest Gyro...I have spoken with Scrooge and disclosed the real importance of that Digitizer, so once the new material arrives you should be able to finish that as well." Mickey declared with enthusiasm.

Donald looked at his uncle. " So what did change your mind, Uncle Scrooge? Finally decided to show some more heartwarmth to allow Data-Sora to meet the real one in person?"
"I wouldn't actually contribute it to that..." Daisy snickered. "...it was rather that Mickey and Scrooge accessed the datascape and Data-Riku proposed some "business-rights" for him in the datascape."

"WAAAAK!? How's that supposed to work?"
"Well Donald, it's pretty easy, the citizens of the datascape also have needs, needs I can attend to as a businessman and gain more fortune in the process. After all, the citizens of the datascape are also living beings somewhat...only on an other plane of existence." Scrooge McDuck answered, rubbing his hands.

Donald facepalmed. "Oh dear...finish that ship already...I wanna take off."
"I second that...the moment the ship is ready, blast off and fetch our friends." Mickey approved with a nod.

---

"Have you lost your voice or what? A lifeform below the heartless manufactory? As far as I know the base level and waterway do not reach that far." Cid barked at Leon, who was standing there with a thoughtful expression.

"Watch your tongue, grandpa..." Yuffie shouted. "...it's not like Leon suddenly became an expert for weird occurrences, okay."

"Yeah, you're right, that's the department of the old loon with the comical hat over there." Cid answered with a nod to Merlin.

"Old loon? I certainly have not heard that...and if you dare to repeat it, I shall transform you into a squirrel!" The wise old wizard retorted with anger.

"Would you two now please stop that bickering...we have something to investigate here." Leon interrupted, clearly annoyed.
"It is without question that the base level and waterway don't reach that far, furthermore, the entire complex around Ansem's study is already at the base level, so for something or someone to appear underneath the manufactory there would have to be a room or something similar that has to lie way deeper into the crust of the world...maybe even deeper than the castle's foundation."

"I don't get it...what the heck could there be???" Cid mumbled still confused.
"Well, it certainly won't be just a broom closet, that's for sure." Yuffie added.

"It's certain as well that we can't let that issue remain unchecked. There are still many citizens of Radiant Garden who are missing, either because they were felled by the heartless or because they were swept away by randomly uppopping dark corridors scattering them over the universe, we should not think that we got everyone who escaped the heartless safely to Traverse Town."
Leon leaned at the wall, shortly closing his eyes.

"Ah, now I get it! You mean that could be a survivor from back then who only now found a way back here." Merlin answered with interest.

"Possible, but now for real, we don't know of any room down there, much less how to reach it if there is one!" Yuffie looked a tad confused.

"Easy!" Cid shortly wiped over his chin. "We'll access the main computer and ask Tron for some information."
"Ok, then let's not waste any time, you go forward. We'll meet in Ansem's study. I will inform Aerith of the situation and then come too." Leon said determined, walking out of the door.

"And there he goes, ok, let's start off as well, bickering gramps." Yuffie shouted in an hyperactive tone.
"Gramps, hmph, sometimes I feel the urge to dunk her into a bucket of glue just to shut her up, just sometimes." Cid mumbled while slowly following her.
"One of the few things we may agree on!" Merlin added in a more playful tone, not really annoyed at Yuffie.

Leon was by now already crossing the main town square, the water-channels already functionable again where Aerith was busy with some other citizens, mostly kids, to set up more flowers.
Every passing day our home comes closer to look like it was 11 years ago again.

There was a certain degree of pride within Leon's thoughts as he dodged two overeager boys running past him carrying a big watering can together, smiling a rare smile.

Seeing them approaching by turning around, Aerith chuckled.
"Hey you two...I thought I told you to fetch the small watering can."

"Don't stomp on the flowers." A little girl yelled at both the boys as well as Leon, causing Aerith to finally notice him.

"Hello Leon, what's up?" The flower girl asked warmly.

"Hi Aerith, Cid, Merlin, Yuffie and I have to investigate something strange in the castle, a lifeform that appeared in a place that shouldn't be possible. I just wanted to let you know and transfer oversight to you while we are going to consult Tron."
Leon said in a low tone so the kids around them working at the flower beds could not hear it.

Aerith nodded slowly, showing a thoughtful expression. "It's not a heartless, is it?"

"We don't know yet...but I sincerely doubt it. The overall number of heartless has decreased dramatically, with the defeat of Organization XIII and Maleficent apparently in hiding there isn't much more than small skirmishes once every two or three days. Sora and his friends really did splendid work."

"Indeed, and with the disappearance of the Organization the few lower nobodies left became much less hostile than before. They don't seem to be overly antagonistic unless we approach them." Aerith added in approval.

"Without Xemnas and his cohorts suppressing them and goading them into attacking I assume the lower nobodies just lost their aim. Anyhow, that's not the point now...I gotta go meet the others to check out that occurrence. Take this so we can keep contact." Leon answered, tossing Aerith a small headphone-esque communication device which can be worn on one ear.

"Alright, take care." Aerith put the headphone into her left ear, nodding once more before returning her attention back to the kids and the flowers.

As Leon turned and walked away, no one had noticed Braig playfully stalking Aerith, making some funny faces at her.

A tad more aside, Isa frowned at him with disgust. "What's with the grimaces now you jerk...quit that child's play!"

Another little girl rushed at Isa with a box of flowers, completely oblivious to his existence. The blue-haired man with the x-shaped scar moved aside in a fluid motion. Hmph...

"Always moody, moody grumping. Jeez...it's no wonder you always look like someone has drowned your goldfish and scare people away. That kiddo who once did this was at least cute to look at...you on the other hand are just...well, unpleasant."

Isa shot him a death glare. "I'm not here to be pleasant to people, goofus. In the event that you were too "busy" making grimaces at a flower girl to notice...these goons around Leon are about to discover the secret laboratory. Besides, despite we are being invisible and inaudible, we are not out of thin air and people are still able to bump physically into us. You're jeopardizing the mission, you irresponsible moron!"

#####

So, there we are, couldn't resist letting Braig being an annoying asshole again even with references to his nobody, lol.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 12 posted)

..There invisible!? Lol at Braig and Isa. Nice to see the gummi ship is almost complete and that Leon an the gang are going to investigate. I would say more but I missed a chapter or two, so I will add in more later :) will we be seeing more of this arc now btw? Since I think you said you were done with Ven and Roxas? Anyways I look forward to more like always Seph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back