• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 68 posted)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stars

リク
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 7 posted)

Teehee~ It's my second time of reading the fanfiction, I still enjoy it very much :D
Especially Chapter 6 with Sora and Riku *ggg*
Lol~ Xehanort was such a nuisance xD

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Chapter7:
I love how you're including the Disney characters. Reading Donald's speech is weird because I try to read it in his lisp. XD
I feel bad for Queen Minnie; it must be hard being married to someone who constantly leaves without a word. >___> Even though Mickey's doing what he has to.
Donald's nephews being part of the Guard is adorable<3

A new Disney character... what an interesting development. :3

Youniquee

Awards

That awkward moment when you don't know who Horace Horsecollar is and you're confused for a moment. xD Don't worry, at the end, I remembered who it was, thanks to Google. Is that the new character mentioned? (Or am I just confused)

The interaction between Donald and Goofy was how I expected it to be. Lol @ Donald zapping Goofy awake xD
What's Xehanort up to now? Hmm, Guess I have to read on to find out ;o

As usual, great job bro *u*

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

That awkward moment when you don't know who Horace Horsecollar is and you're confused for a moment. xD Don't worry, at the end, I remembered who it was, thanks to Google. Is that the new character mentioned? (Or am I just confused)

The interaction between Donald and Goofy was how I expected it to be. Lol @ Donald zapping Goofy awake xD

XD I remember Horace because of BBS~
I thought it was pretty neat having him in this story. :3

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Aw this chapter gives me a nostalgic feeling. (thinks of kh1 and 2). Oh yeah, I don't think I know who that new disney character is.. Then again the name Horace rings a bell. I'll have to go look into him later. I lol at Donald and Goofy's unison. XD I look forward to more like always Sephiroth0812.

Very well, it was also partly intended that way. ;)
It is actually very subtle as the character is only mentioned twice. Horace Horsecollar, while surely not so widely known, is not exactly "new" as he appeared in Timeless River in KH2 as well as in BBS (mainly Aqua's scenario).

Yup, Donald and Goofy are often lol-worthy. ^__^
More's coming on Saturday as usual.

@Chapter 6: I actually found it quite interesting that Sora was hiding his feelings from everyone; it brings me back to his moments of sadness at the thought of Kairi in KH2. He was clearly troubled, but it was in silence and never discussed. Sora isn't just a one trick pony; he certainly is happy go-lucky... but that's because he pushes things that upset him aside a lot.

And that's something this chapter showcases which I find really interesting and enjoyable. I'm so glad to see the bond between Riku and Sora fairly rebuilt. Riku is really trying to be the best friend he has been for Sora (referencing what he does for Sora during Sora's sleep). Great job.:D

Yeah, Sora's sometimes like he doesn't want to bother others with his problems...and he apparently does not like to discuss them out that much...^__^

In case it has also much to do with confusion because Sora can't really grasp what's going on himself.
Yup, Riku tries his best and stuff, yet the guilty feelings are still lingering somewhere deeper in his heart. It's also very important that Sora did not shy away from telling Riku everything because of lacking trust, but because of wanting to think over the issues on his own beforehand.
Many thanks, I'll try to hold up the quality. ;)

Haha, I had a little catching up to do this time around. Detailed and expressive with the characters from the chapter as always. Awesome job, Sephi.~

I am with KK on this one too. I have no clue who that Disney character could be though. :eek: I await you're next chapter to figure it out perhaps. :D

Thank you Kiwi, it's always good to see people enjoy the stuff I write.

It's really hard to notice I admit because that character gets only mentioned twice in this chapter, his full name will be given by Mickey next chapter, but his actual first speaking role is in chapter 12.

Teehee~ It's my second time of reading the fanfiction, I still enjoy it very much :D
Especially Chapter 6 with Sora and Riku *ggg*
Lol~ Xehanort was such a nuisance xD

I'm glad to hear that Stars. ;)
As my foremost "beta"-reader you got farthest with the story already (up to chapter 15 if I recall correctly).

That's Xehanort's main task tough...getting on the universe's nerves and conduct convoluted plots.
Although I can assure that Xehanort will be much more than just a "nuisance", lol.

Chapter7:
I love how you're including the Disney characters. Reading Donald's speech is weird because I try to read it in his lisp. XD
I feel bad for Queen Minnie; it must be hard being married to someone who constantly leaves without a word. >___> Even though Mickey's doing what he has to.
Donald's nephews being part of the Guard is adorable<3

A new Disney character... what an interesting development. :3

Happy you like it. I actually had also Donald talking in his "usual way" inside my head when writing this, lol.
I somehow felt I had to include that part with Minnie. In nearly every game we see her Mickey is just off again due to his keyblade duties.
Nonetheless Minnie will later on play a bit of a bigger role when the time comes for Kairi's first story-arc.
It was a good way to introduce the ducklings I thought and with them being part-time guards the forwarding to Goofy was easy to make.

Yup, he's hidden good though. ^__^

Horace Horsecollar is really not that widely known, true, yet he's not the entirely "new" character who never before was in KH yet, as he had appearances in KH2 and BBS.
As I already pointed out above, the new character is really easy to miss in this chapter as he gets only mentioned two times.
Next chapter Mickey will give out his full name though and then it's time for Google again, lol.

Nice, it shows that I manage to keep more and more characters "in-character" so to say. It is a very blunt throwback to KH1, *ggg*.
Xehanort is up to many things now, and they're not something to take lightly, first glimpses may indeed be shown next chapter.

XD I remember Horace because of BBS~
I thought it was pretty neat having him in this story. :3

Exactly because of this Horace is not entirely "new", as he already was in the series.
Just a side character, but nevertheless helps building up athmosphere. ;)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Alrighty, a bit delayed this time but nonetheless here comes chapter VIII:

#####

VIII. Strange homecomings

"You mean that pupil of Ansem the Wise, who stole his name and then became two different entities to threaten the universe is still not finished?" Donald jumped visibly upset.

"But how's that even possible? Both Xemnas, the leader of Organization XIII, and that fake Ansem were destroyed." Goofy looked befuzzled.

Mickey nodded, the determined look still persisting.
"Yes, those fellas were eliminated indeed. I can't tell you how, but I know that Xehanort is still out there, revitalized. And to be clear, I'm not talking about the pupil of Ansem the Wise, the Xehanort we have to deal with now will be the evil keyblade wielder Master Xehanort."

"Master Xehanort??" Donald quacked.
"Evil keyblade wielder???" Goofy added.

"We have no time to discuss this in detail now, my friends, as there might be even more than one Xehanort, we need to get Sora and Riku, quickly! How are the preparations?" The King answered determined.
"Oi...eh...well, all set except the Datascape-Digitizer and the refit of the gummi ship. The ship will be most likely ready by tomorrow lunchtime." Goofy answered, somewhat ashamed.

The King gave him a puzzled glance. "You put the main gummi ship in the wharf for refit?? But why???"

"Waaaak!!?? So it wasn't ordered by you, your Majesty?" Donald screamed in utter disbelief.
"A hyuck, of course it wasn't, I never pretended it to be. I just thought that for our next journey three seats in the cockpit won't suffice anymore so I asked Chip and Dale to refit the entire cockpit section, also setting the ship up with some better sensors and radar."

At this Donald glared at Goofy...sneering. "It's rarely for you to have a light bulb moment, but well..."
Mickey also allowed himself a small snicker. "Well done Goofy, indeed the gummi ship-cockpit may need now four, if not even five seats if we count in Kairi as well. Nonetheless, we need to get those fellas from Destiny Islands over here quickly for briefing."

"Won't tomorrow afternoon be quick enough? The ship is almost ready...also, the Digitizer isn't working because the material for it is not sufficient quality." Goofy answered.

Micky snorted. "Ah yes, let me guess, Scrooge McDuck wanted to save a buck or two again...gosh, looks like it's no help. Time is crucial now...and one and a half day to wait for the ship to finish is no good I fear."

"So, what do we do now, your Majesty?" Donald asked in a confused tone.
"Speed up the refit of the ship as much as possible. Gyro Gearloose is tasked with helping building the Digitizer, aren't I right? Well, forget the Digitizer for now and relocate Gyro also to work on the ship...I want you two to get to Destiny Islands as fast as it's possible, geddit?"

Both the dog and the duck assumed an attention-stance, saluting. "As you wish your Majesty!"
"Very well, and I have seemingly the need for a more private conversation with Scrooge now. There are situations where saving a buck is very inappropriate, so to say."

With those words the trio parted ways, Goofy going to get Gyro Gearloose, Mickey to the audience chamber to meet his Queen while Donald remained in the gummi hangar to lend a hand with the gummi ship as well.
---

In the meantime the citizens of Radiant Garden, which was about two hours ahead of Disney Castle in time, were already quite busy in their reconstruction work.
The bailey, which was severely damaged in the heartless invasion orchestrated by Maleficent and Organization XIII a month earlier, was already fixed by quick and effective leading from Leon and his Restoration Committee.

On one of the far away blue-purple cliffs overlooking the town and towering castle in the distance, three hooded figures in black coats stood, two of them flanking the third in the middle.
"Ah yes...the Radiant Garden...looks like they're quite diligent in restoring it like it used to be..." The middle figure said, standing more close to the edge of the cliff.

"Are we gonna disrupt it?" The figure standing a bit back on the left asked.
The middle figure tilted his head a bit to the left side, the face in the shadows of the hood smirking. "An interesting question...but no, I don't want any unnecessary attention. Going by your statements I deduce you don't hold that place dear anymore?"
"Me? Being sentimental because it's my homeworld? AS IF!" The other figure answered in a cocky tone.
"Me neither...we've no time to be sentimental about that world anymore, as bigger things await us." The third figure added, causing the middle one to turn his head to the right.

"I see..." The middle figure chuckled. "...so you too, Isa. Strange homecoming indeed."

"That path is walked too far already to turn back now. So, why ARE we here then?" The right figure called Isa asked, somewhat grumpy with an impatient touch.
"You're way too impatient, blueberry...I bet the boss has again some very wicked, three-times convoluted scheme which requires us to do something here." The left figure said mockingly, causing Isa to grunt annoyed while the middle figure let out another chuckle.
"I know as much...you jerk. Shut up Braig! I just don't want to waste time." Isa snarled back.

The other figure called Braig waved his raised right hand with extended index finger slightly. "Geez, you're stiffer than a broomstick...try to loose up a bit."
Before Isa could shoot out another angry counter the middle figure, up to now clearly amused by their bickering, turned around fully to face them.
"That's enough now...cut it out, both of you. We have indeed a task to accomplish here."

Isa fixated the figure. "Ok then, what's to do?"

The middle figure turned around again, facing away from his two associates while flexing his fingers before starting to talk again.
"Like I said, I don't want any unneeded attention drawn...that old owl Yen Sid is most likely on high alert. So we need to do this in the most secret manner...no causing uproar or anything. What we need to do is first to get our hands on the research data and all other important files stored in Ansem's computer. Second I want the cellar-area below the heartless manufactory sealed off for good...the secrets of the experiments from there and of course the Chamber of Repose shall not be accessed by our enemies."

Braig gave away a mocking chuckle at this. "Way to go, telling us not to cause an uproar but requiring us to go into the heart of the castle itself...slipping through the town and castle defenses unseen is near to impossible I would think."
Isa sneered. "Hah, giving up already? You were the head of the castle guards...you should know the layout of the castle best."
"Me giving up? As if, blueberry...it's because I know the castle layout I say slipping in unseen without creating a distraction is impossible. And nope, I won't adorn myself with borrowed plumes, as I was the vice-head of the guards...and mainly the old Ansem's bodyguard and apprentice. The head of the guards was that amazon whose name I forgot."

"Thanks for the newsflash...but no one says we can't create a distraction to get access to the castle...we are required however to make it so it can't be traced back to us." Isa answered calmly.
"Indeed..." The middle figure agreed. "...the most important task is that not a single person spots you."

"That's all nice and dandy, boss, but last time I checked we are not able to get invisible...or did you get access to some invisibility cloaks? Sneaking and hiding in shadows is all good and fine, but that entire town is a very busy construction site and that "Leon"-guy and his lackeys have set up quite a good detection grid supported by the main computer system." Braig showed another cocky grin, certainly enjoying himself the whole time.

"Would you now cut out the continuous babbling? It's annoying." Isa snarled with contempt.

"AS IF, blueberry, or do you have a sure-fire plan already?" Braig countered, snickering evilly. "It looks certainly the way that this Restoration Committee has deactivated the MCP and uses the computer system now for their benefit. Maybe they even found the data already." He added, his remaining free yellow eye fixating Isa.

"They won't find the data, as I have made sure to corrupt them when I last used the computer." The middle figure added.

"What? Then how are we supposed to get-!?" Isa blinked a tad confused. "Simple," The figure interjected, "there exists an encrypted second dataspace, or rather, a blackbox which holds copies of the data. It's hidden well and I doubt the Restoration Committee has even found it."
"Very interesting, yet that still doesn't answer how we're supposed to get that box without anyone noticing us. Even a corridor of darkness won't work, as their detection grid can now sense the energy distortions caused by them." Braig still had that mocking tone, earning another displeased grunt from Isa.

"Oh, quite the improvements they've made huh? Our reconnaissance department has done its job I see, well, there are still some heartless and lower nobodies left. They could be used for an effective distraction and if we send them in small groups attacking at various places in different time-intervals it won't look like an externally organized attack." The figure sounded very confident.
---
Just as the three black-coated shady fellows plotted to infiltrate Radiant Garden a man seemingly in his early twenties awoke from a very long slumber.
Green eyes slowly opened, seeing an unfamiliar ceiling.

Where am I? What the, it feels like I was in a deep coma or what for a long time, everything is shady, I only remember darkness, darkness and again darkness, all around me. I was fading, swallowed in a sea of darkness.
Wait, there are other memories, strange memories I feel that are not entirely my own, yet still come over as if they would be a part of me! A big town bathed in eternal sunset, sea-salt ice-cream, a black coat. What the? a shady figure, too blurred out to recognize, a blind spot he doesn't remember, then there, a blonde boy sitting atop the clock tower, huh?

The man sat up hastily, shaking his head to clear his thoughts. Nothing of this makes any sense at the moment, but for now I need to know where I am and who I am.

Thinking intensely while ruffling his flaming red hair he finally grasped the memory.
That's right! Lea, that's my name. I am Lea, and this place is-!?

Looking around he frowned, the room he was in looked awfully similar to a jail cell, but strangely sterile like a sort of research facility.
On one wall there was a door with a rhombus-like window which was lined with several iron bars.
Wonderful, quite the mess is happening here with me a mess as well, what am I doing here? Quite pathetic that while I tell others to memorize, I seem to be incapable of that now.

Standing up Lea took first two warily steps, and realizing there was no dizzyness or weakness, took the rest of the way to the door with firm walking.
---

Several stories above, Lea's 'arrival' was detected by the main computer system which sent a notifying message to Cid's terminal in Merlin's house, acoustically reinforced by a constant beeping sound.
"Geez Louise, Ciiidddd. Your unnerving technical pile of nuisance is pounding my nerves again. Make it stop!" Merlin growled, waving his wand around impatiently.

The door swung open quickly, with Cid Highwind, flanked by Leon and Yuffie, entering. "What's the fuss again old man? Have you missed with one of your practice spells again and damaged my terminal?" Cid retorted calmly, chewing on his toothpick.

Merlin hissed indignantly, stomping his foot. "What insolence, why do I still have to endure this pesky bundle of chips and cables, the main computer is under our control now, isn't it?"

"That's no damage! It's a report send by the main computer, it picked up signals of unusual signs of a lifeform inside the castle!" Leon interrupted, his fingers flying over the keyboard deactivating the beeping sound.
"Considering we're reconstructing the castle there should be many lifeforms, what's so 'unusual'?" Cid asked, moving slowly to the monitor.
"Unusual is that this lifeform just 'appeared', and underneath the heartless manufactory no less." Leon explained.
"Underneath? What? How can this be?" Cid asked, dumbfounded.

#####

It's quite a location-hopping chapter this time, but it introduces some more major players. ;)

Happy reading again. ^__^

Last edited by a moderator:

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 8 posted)

Ah Mickey, Donald and Goofy. Also is that Braig and Isa?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Okay my very first question is.. Who is the figure with Braig and Isa? I almost thought it was Lea but the person sounded to smart to be him. I'm even more shocked to see Isa working with Braig. Wonder why he is working with him. Lea waking up under the heartless manufactory is surprising yet it kind of makes sense in a way. My reason for thinking this is because it's possible that he lost his heart there when he became a nobody that when his heart came back he would reawaken there. Which makes me wonder where Braig and Isa woke up. Even now I'm curious to see what happens when Isa and Braig find him inside there, and what Lea will do now that he's back.

Knowing Mickey he's going to let Scrooge hear a ear full lol :) Goofy is underestimated yet it's good to see he thinks ahead more then Donald thinks he does.

Like I have said countless times, You did an amazing job. Looking forward to what's next, including the answers to our questions.

Kiwi +

Push Ethan Page!
Awards

Very nice, Sephi! I really like this chapter because you introduced the gang from Radiant Garden, also I am curious as to what else you have in stock as far as the Isa and Braig relationship and how that became. I for one agree with KK, don't know how they are working together, and would be nice to know how that came into being. :D

Awesome as always, I await you're next thorough response and chapter! ^^

Youniquee

Awards

Never heard of the word flanking before until now :eek: The definition is kind of confusing as well. Why not use guarding or something hn?
What are Briag and Isa doing working together? Braig's personality is so spot on lol Blueberry, Only he would make up such ridclious nickname, knowing it would annoy Isa. That middle figure has me curious...Not sure if Master Xehanort or Xehanort.
Another cliff hanger? What's wrong with you man lol You have a think for getting people worked up, don't you xD

It's like all the threads of the story are about to come together and you've had this planned all a long. Now it's time to tie them into a pretty looking bow that will amaze all of us ;D

Great writing bro, looking forward to the next chapter that I will hopefully review more earlier.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Ah Mickey, Donald and Goofy. Also is that Braig and Isa?

Yep, introduction of the Disney crew, Leon's FF gang, Braig, Isa and a mysterious third antagonist.

Okay my very first question is.. Who is the figure with Braig and Isa? I almost thought it was Lea but the person sounded to smart to be him. I'm even more shocked to see Isa working with Braig. Wonder why he is working with him. Lea waking up under the heartless manufactory is surprising yet it kind of makes sense in a way. My reason for thinking this is because it's possible that he lost his heart there when he became a nobody that when his heart came back he would reawaken there. Which makes me wonder where Braig and Isa woke up. Even now I'm curious to see what happens when Isa and Braig find him inside there, and what Lea will do now that he's back.

Knowing Mickey he's going to let Scrooge hear a ear full lol :) Goofy is underestimated yet it's good to see he thinks ahead more then Donald thinks he does.

Like I have said countless times, You did an amazing job. Looking forward to what's next, including the answers to our questions.

Hehe, pretty sure that question would come up. I can't reveal it yet though, but you're right with the notion he's very smart and knows a lot of things. There are in fact some things he knows which only a handful of people should be able to know.
I'm looking forward to assumptions, lol.
Isa working with Braig has indeed deeper reasons *cough* golden eyes *cough* pointy ears.

Hihi, Lea appeared not only simply under the manufactory, he appeared in a location only seen in one of the new cutscenes in KH2 Final Mix.
Where Braig and Isa woke up? Hmmm...that may be addressed later on, although it is not crucial to the story.
For now Lea can't really do anything since he's trapped and also can't really think clearly because of the additional memories inside him which are "not his own but a part of him".

Mickey is going to business with Scrooge, that's clear. Parts of bad quality which may damage the restored datascape would disrupt Mickey's plans quite heavily as Data-Sora needs to pass on what he has learned in Coded directly to the real Sora.

Sometimes even Goofy manages to surprise...a hyuck. ;)

Many thanks...I hope I can keep or even improve the quality. Next chapter we will finally get at least a partly answer to the cruel cliffhanger from chapter 5, meaning it's time to take another look inside Sora's heart. ;D

Very nice, Sephi! I really like this chapter because you introduced the gang from Radiant Garden, also I am curious as to what else you have in stock as far as the Isa and Braig relationship and how that became. I for one agree with KK, don't know how they are working together, and would be nice to know how that came into being. :D

Awesome as always, I await you're next thorough response and chapter! ^^

Glad you like it. Yeah, the FF guys...no KH without at least some Final Fantasy.
For now I'll just disclose that Isa and Braig have a rather uneasy working relationship because of their different methods approaching a goal. They're certainly not friends, more like "partners in crime" and they of course follow the orders of the hooded figure.

How that came into being will be of course revealed sometime later. ;)

Never heard of the word flanking before until now :eek: The definition is kind of confusing as well. Why not use guarding or something hn?
What are Briag and Isa doing working together? Braig's personality is so spot on lol Blueberry, Only he would make up such ridclious nickname, knowing it would annoy Isa. That middle figure has me curious...Not sure if Master Xehanort or Xehanort.
Another cliff hanger? What's wrong with you man lol You have a think for getting people worked up, don't you xD

It's like all the threads of the story are about to come together and you've had this planned all a long. Now it's time to tie them into a pretty looking bow that will amaze all of us ;D

Great writing bro, looking forward to the next chapter that I will hopefully review more earlier.

Uh, I used that word because "guarding" sounded a bit too strong for me. Isa and Braig are in fact not really guarding the hooded figure at all (he could wipe the floor with them), they just stand beside him a bit diagonally behind the figure, in the flank of the figure so to say.
If you have a better formulation I'm always willing to improve that part. ^__^

What are they doing...for now, they're going to infiltrate the Radiant Garden under orders of the hooded figure. It is so immensely funny to write Braig...his personality is wonderful for including witty and trolling comments while still being "evil".
I'm pretty satisfied I got him remotely right.
Hah, exactly this is why he choose that one...he likes to annoy people. ;)

Ah here we have the first assumptions on the hooded figure...*ggg*.
Pretty savvy...I can't disclose the figure yet, but he might have to do something with Xehanort, yes...also since Braig called him "boss".

Oh come on, that little cliffhanger with Cid now is not so bad, at least not as cruel as the one of chapter 5. *ggg*.

I am indeed planning this all in advance, however these plots will not converge just yet. We're pretty much still in the introductory arc right now and the next three chapters will deal with what further happens inside Sora's (and Ven's) heart before bringing that arc to a first end (you'll know why at the end of chapter 11).
The plots of Lea, the FF gang around Leon and Isa/Braig are however already tied together and will converge first of all others.

Nice, looking forward for reviews as always, hehe, really fun to read.
I'm certainly interested on what you all will make of the next chapters. This will show if I really have the ability to write drama...^__^.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

So, here we are again with the next chapter.
As we're going back into Sora's (actually being nitpicky into Ven's) heart now we'll get a partly answer to the cliffhanger from chapter 5 now.

I'm particularly interested in how the following chapters come over in form of the drama factor. ^__^

#####
IX. The only thing that keeps me going

What, what in all worlds is happening? No!
Ven! Hang in there, what's this suddenly?! Roxas's eyes widened in a confused mix of concern and shock.
Ventus suppressed another pained cry before answering panicked amidst a flurry of moaning and sobbing, his entire figure still twitching in an outburst of obviously horrible pain.
"I-I don't know!aaaai, it's almost like, like some wounds deepened again, the pain, so horrible, i-it multiplied, but why? I just..." His left hand clawed deeper into Roxas's coat, causing the other to let out a gasp at the pressure.

Yes, why by all worlds why has his suffering to increase all of a sudden, it can't be, ghhh.

"Uuuhuhh, p-please, do something! Ease it!" Ventus cried in desperation, panting heavily.

Roxas acted instinctively, despite all he had heard before, his only goal to lessen the agony of the writhing heart.
Placing his hand over Ven's chest he summoned all magical energy he could muster. "Curaga!!!" He yelled.

The other boy gasped in surprise, his distorted features lessening a bit as the spell temporarely seemed to work.
"Is it over, the seizure!?" The whisper almost sounded like a prayer, but it was not meant to be, as a second later Ven threw his head back in agony, nearly screaming his lungs out.

He now couldn't hold back new tears flowing from his sapphires, biting his lower lip in increasing futile attempts to bear the pain, driving Roxas nearly into a panic as well.
Damnit, damnit, damnit! why can't I do something! he's suffering so much and I am helpless, how do you ease a heart's pain???

To at least do something Roxas lifted the trembling boy in his arm up a bit and pulled him carefully into a comforting hug, paying uttermost attention not to put any pressure on the injured shoulder.
Ventus immediately accepted it as a sort of supporting pillar, burying his face into Roxas's shoulder while constantly sobbing and weeping as the excruciating pain continued to mercilessly hammer his broken heart.

Roxas, now nearly frozen in shock because of the development, cursed himself silently for not being able to do anything beside this hug, wincing everytime Ven tried and failed now to suppress an anguished muffled outcry when an even more intense burst of pain rocked him.
Additionally, an unspoken, creeping fear started to nibble at his conscience.

Is-is this my fault AGAIN??? Did-did I hurt him unwittingly a third or even fourth time! uuuh, curse the reason which injured his heart in the first place, all the mess was maybe really too much for him, agh, how the heck can I help him!

He let his eyes flicker around in a hurry, repeatedly trying to grasp a solution how to lessen the pain Ven was experiencing, as suddenly the boy clung even tighter to him, Roxas listening attentively as between all the muffled cries, sobbing and weeping Ven managed to utter something.
"hhngh, please, T-Te-Terra, A-Aqua!!

To Roxas's great surprise he now felt one wave of the immense pain washing over him, letting him cry out as well, nearly making him lose consciousness.
Uaargh, what was that!? Such intense pain, oh gracious me, and this he has to endure constantly?!?
Wait a minute, hnnnh, why do I FEEL that pain? I don't have a heart, is it because I am directly inside Ven's heart? Or is it Sora's heart that allows me to feel as well?

Still struggling with the impact of the pain he managed to focus a short thought on Ven's uttered statement.
Terra? Aqua? Are these names of people? People he knows?

Now Roxas was pulled out of his thoughts by an unfamiliar noise.
A small chinking sound of something falling on the stained glass floor of the damaged platform.
Surprised by this, Roxas now noticed that Ven had not only stopped crying, but also lifted his head up, only small constant sobbing remaining.

First he noticed the other boy's right hand, last time seen pressed tightly to the boy's bare chest now hanging limply beside the body resting in his embrace, the fingers strangely stretched, cramped by the horrible pain.
Now he put two and two together in a flash, that chinking sound.

The item, the item he was clinging to that badly.

Turning his glance slightly a moment later to look at Ven's uplifted face Roxas stiffened as if he was hit with a hammer so strong was the shock.
While not crying loudly anymore tears still flowed down Ven's stained face, and his entire expression was an intense mask of horror, the sapphires now flaring in a frantic fear.
"No, n-no, not this, it can't!" He whispered in despair.

Roxas was too puzzled and shocked to say a thing.
"No,no,no, I can't, I can't lose this, if it falls in one of the cracks! Nooooo!" Ventus shrieked, now almost bordering on hysterical.
He trembled heavier again, letting out a new anguished cry, the pain obviously increasing even more.
Roxas tightened the hug a bit, trying to calm him.
Ventus's agonized blue eyes searched eye contact.
"Roxas, p-please. I beg you, I can't lose this!" he sobbed in a heartbreaking tone. "This is the only thing t-that keeps me going, I, I, argh!"
Another pain-burst hit the poor boy, and now Roxas realized it.
His emotions, his intense emotions increase the pain!

Now it counted to act quickly.
Roxas gently stroke shortly through Ven's hair before whispering softly.
"Shhshh, don't worry, I will get this item that is so precious for you back. It didn't fall in one of the cracks.
It seems your intense emotions have a hand in increasing the pain, I know it's very hard in this situation, but please try to calm down a little."

Ven only let out another despaired sob, and Roxas noticed alarmed that the other boy was perhaps on the brink of breaking.
Quickly casting his glance aside to where the chinking sound came from he saw the item lying directly beside his left knee.

He once wanted to see that item so badly, to get clues at all this mess, and now that he could the black coated youth felt somehow so pathetic.

The item was in fact a small pendant, small enough to fit into one hand.
It had the shape of a five-pointed star which was apparently made of five pieces, every single one ornamented with a sort of green glass or crystal bordered by silver outlines. The center was occupied by a silver badge that reminded him strangely of the emblem of Organization XIII turned upside down.
Lastly, the topmost tip of the star had a small hole in it were a slim cord was situated.

What a pretty little thing, and it means seemingly everything to him.

While still upholding the comforting embrace with his right arm, slightly moving the right hand to caress Ven's shoulder a bit, Roxas leaned a tad aside to let his left hand reach for the small pendant which was so important for his 'twin'.

Getting a hold of the cord, the young blonde carefully fetched the star-pendant with the left hand, letting the cord slide through his fingers with uttermost care until he had the pendant itself firmly in his palm.

With the pendant secured, Roxas slightly rejoiced.
Now I can give this back to Ven and he'll hopefully relax a bit.

Returning his attention to the sobbing other boy in his embrace Roxas set up the most comforting expression he was able of.

"Look Ven, here you are! It's alright now." Gently smiling Roxas offered the green star-pendant lying in his left palm.

To his great relief the cramped fingers of Ven's left hand clawing in his coat loosened a bit, the boy slowly turning his gaze aside to look at the open palm where the item rested.
He closed his eyes tightly and tried to somewhat normalize his choppy breath before re-opening his sapphires and letting them linger on the pendant.

"...uuuhh...what a relief...y-you don't know how much this means for me..." Ven's low shyly whisper made Roxas jump with a little bit of happiness on the inside.
"I may not know...but I can see..." He answered gently.

"I'm still so confused...a-a-and the pain's still hard to bear...but this will keep me going..." Saying this Ventus let his right hand slowly reach for the pendant, shaking but determined.
"...and it's because of that confusion and anxiety, your pain is multiplying...at least that is what I suspect..." Roxas said warmly, shortly caressing Ven's unharmed shoulder with the right hand again to soothe him further.
Yes, seeing his poor condition and his troubled state of mind...I have the suspicion that he's overexerting his broken heart with his upset and confused emotions.

Reaching the other blonde's hand Ven now warily grabbed the pendant, letting out a relieved sigh. "Finally...oh...I was so frantic when I lost hold of it...thank you so much, Roxas..."

"You're welcome..." The black coated youth retorted with another comforting smile, while still eyeing his "twin" with a concerned look.
The worst seizures of pain seem to be over for the moment...at least he isn't screaming so horrible anymore. I'm praying that this poor battered heart is getting some reprieve now...agh, no, I...I gotta have to catch it.

As Ventus tried to take the pendant up again the numb fingers of his hand, cramped by the pain-seizures, didn't follow his commands.
The item slipped through his fingers...causing Ven to let out a whimper that was a mix of frustration and sadness, quickly followed by another pain-burst which made him cry out again. Roxas reacted quickly enough, catching the falling star-pendant before it could hit the ground again.

"Calm down, calm down...it's ok...I catched it!" He hastily exclaimed while again tightening the embrace he held the wounded boy in.
Now feeling something wet in the corners of his eyes, Roxas realized he was on the verge of crying himself...it was just so frustrating that he couldn't do more.

While holding Ven and desperately hoping he would finally calm down, Roxas's thoughts ran wildly.
I have close to no knowledge of the heart...but I am certain now...it does really seem like Ven's heavily injured heart can't handle such influx of too heavy emotions mixed probably with bad memories re-awoken by our fight, resulting in those horrible pain-bursts which drive him nearly insane while making me cringe...add on top of this the additional wounds I unintentionally inflicted on the already damaged heart and such seizures aren't that surprising anymore.
Still...Ven is so upset and in panic it will be a hard task to get him down again...

"...aagh...I...I can't believe it." Ven's voice was faltering, but between all the sobbing Roxas could now clearly make out a frustrated undertone.
"I can't believe that I am so pathetic that I can't even hold the memory of my wayfinder...ghhh...why is this happening? My condition worsening even more..."

While letting the pendant dangle from his free hand by the cord the other blonde placed this hand at the back of Ven's head and pulled him close against his own shoulder.
"Don't start blaming yourself! You probably didn't hear me because of all the pain, so let me repeat it: It seems that you being upset and anxious increases your pain...you being so emotional is apparently too much for your wounded heart to handle. It's certainly not your fault."

Ven sniffled with his face buried in Roxas's shoulder. "Seems I'm also largely incapable of rational thought at the moment...uuhh, but I can't just switch off my emotions..."
"No one expects this...but you may be able to lessen the pain a bit and avoid the large seizures by calming down and don't thinking too much. I know I frightened and confused you, digged up many memories you had shielded yourself from because they're obviously hurting and scaring you, but please try to blank them out again...it's your only chance to avoid overexerting your heart more."

#####

Here we go...quite the alarming situation, isn't it? ^__^

Last edited by a moderator:

Youniquee

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Hearts in Unison (Chapter 9 posted)

Must...must not ship...Roxas and Ven. Not possible. Get mind out of gutter.

Roxas stroking Ven's hair. Hugging him. Almost crying because of him. Roxas being affectionate. I LOVE IT. ;_; More plz. Fangirlism aside...
So sweet. It really shows their relationship is growing into a lovely one. I've always thought how it would be if Ven and Roxas met. If this happened in the games...But this review isn't about that! You described the right amount of certain things, so I could feel Ven's pain. :( So sad.
I wonder why Roxas felt the pain...and why Ven is feeling this pain? How many chapters until this is answered? Are you going to troll us and switch to another focus in the next chapter xD

Keep up the good work! :3

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

Roxas stroking Ven's hair. Hugging him. Almost crying because of him. Roxas being affectionate. I LOVE IT. ;_; More plz. Fangirlism aside...
So sweet. It really shows their relationship is growing into a lovely one. I've always thought how it would be if Ven and Roxas met. If this happened in the games...But this review isn't about that! You described the right amount of certain things, so I could feel Ven's pain. :( So sad.
I wonder why Roxas felt the pain...and why Ven is feeling this pain? How many chapters until this is answered? Are you going to troll us and switch to another focus in the next chapter xD

Must...not smack retarded fangirl!

Really shipping Roxas and Ven? Really? REALLY?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Must...not smack retarded fangirl!

Really shipping Roxas and Ven? Really? REALLY?

I was orignally going to get to bed but...Landyx, what is this unnecessary comment supposed to mean?
The choice of words is also not as civil as I would expect.

It's not your business to decide who ships which characters. If one wants to ship two characters let them, it's really that simple.
Just because you cannot imagine it it doesn't mean that it is forbidden to think about such stuff.

I don't intend any romantic pairings in this story but what readers think is their issue and I have no problem with that.
I am not going to jump to conclusions but I can imagine that if Roxas would hold Naminé or Xion in his arms and someone contemplates shipping that it would be no problem, right?
Sorry, but I DO have problems with intolerance and stupid homophobia!

---

EDIT: If I am already here I can also get at it:

Landyx Reborn said:
Well crap just hit the fan. Jeez.

Exactly this...I think when looking at chapter 6 one can imagine what this can mean, right?

Youniquee said:

Lol, there's no problem with thinking about that...just don't expect it to happen in the story itself.
Roxas and Ven are forming a bond, yes, but it will be not one of a romantic kind.

Glad you like it. Roxas does this all however mainly out of compassion, urge to do something since he doesn't know really how to deal with the situation and also of still lingering guilt.

That was exactly the intention...especially with the wayfinder and stuff to show how Ventus clings to something to bear the pain.
The first question is actually one of the mysteries of the story, and the second has several reasons, one of which Roxas indeed does realize when Ven gets nearly hysterical about losing his wayfinder:
Bad memories re-awoken in combination with too strong emotions (confusion, fear etc.) sum up and overexert Ven's broken heart...it can't handle so much at once.

No location switch for the next two chapters...^__^

Thanks, will surely do.

Last edited:

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

I'm sorry that outbrust. Didn't get much sleep. I'm very sorry. Forgive me. Also I'm not being homophobic, I just have a hard time with this when they two people are inside someone else's body, and look like each other. It doesn't work. Same if Kairi and Namine were paired. Some things just don't work.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I'm sorry that outbrust. Didn't get much sleep. I'm very sorry. Forgive me. Also I'm not being homophobic, I just have a hard time with this when they two people are inside someone else's body, and look like each other. It doesn't work. Same if Kairi and Namine were paired. Some things just don't work.

Ok then, I see the issue. I'll forgive ya. ^__^

It's ok when you have a hard time imagining such things, but don't expect others to see it all the same way. Kairi/Naminé or Roxas/Ven (or any other "couple" so to say) in KH can certainly not be judged with our real-world standards and in no way with biological issues.

I would certainly have not said a thing if you only had said something along the lines:
"Roxas and Ven? That pairing is really nothing for me."

or even better, just ignore it.

They really won't become a romantic couple in this story. If I had wanted to include a shonen-ai-couple I would certainly have set a warning in the first post.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

Thank you. Just so you know. I'm not a homo-hater. My best friend is gay, and I don't really hate people. Just sins, and the people that willingly harm others for their own gain. God made us all, and we are in his image. Love and peace for all.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I understand. I think we can lay this issue to rest then.
What a sin is really depends on the overall viewpoint and the degree of religiosity, but that doesn't belong here.
Just try not to lash out like this again, 'kay? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back