• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's future

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What party members?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiggyK

Re: Kairi's future role

so far, its already too late

/Try to be smart so post a stupid post in the attempt to be funny.

Now then, she isn't quite at the princess peach stage yet. She would be if that keyblade started dust collecting while she was kidnapped for the 8th time. At the moment we are only at 4 (with a stetch of the imagination). To be princess peach she'd have to be neglected, and dispite poor writing, it appears Nomura does have plans for her.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Not really. She hasn't gotten to "Princess Peach" level yet. She got kidnapped once in KH1... and in KH2 it was kind of a mix of her running away and then finally getting captured by Saix a few times. But Princess Peach's only purpose in the Mario game is to get kidnapped. Kairi hasn't gotten to that level yet.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Considering the information released in the BBS ultimania Kairi's role in the future games is pretty much guaranteed. Which is great i've been waiting to see a more active Kairi.

Dcasd1

i don't think she really has a future role in the reconnect trailer it looked like she was staying behind since she said "hurry back"

Musical charm

I doubt Kairi's the type to wimp out: she did jump at those Heartless without much reluctance in TWTNW. She's been wanting to help her friends, and desires to fight alongside them. She's been waiting for that moment enough.

I think she'll lose or get defeated a bit, maybe, since she's new to the whole thing. Then her abilities develop, along with her character, the more it progresses.

I completely agree with this, well it makes sense to me.

loke13

i don't think she really has a future role in the reconnect trailer it [spoilerslooked like she was staying behind since she said "hurry back"[/spoilers]
Who's to say what could happen. Just because she might be staying behind for now that doesn't really stop her from leaving later on. At the end of KH1 Kairi was stuck on DI but it KH2 she manged to get off and ended up in TWTNW.

maggosh

Awards
Website
www.khwiki.net

trollface.png

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Don't make her the same way she was in KH2. She was in that game for no reason. I wanna see her more active and more relevant in the story.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

i don't think she really has a future role in the reconnect trailer it looked like she was staying behind since she said "hurry back"

From the look of it, Riku's staying behind, too. And we KNOW he isn't down for the count, so we shouldn't assume Kairi is either especially since she is a wielder now. Keyblades are the most whored out thing in KH existence, she won't be Keyblade-less forever. Once she gets one, I'm sure she'll finally get to take part in the action like she wants to.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I can think of a few things they could do...

2006050211465476581383hk.gif

11479013611894mo.gif

princesa%20Euphemia%20Shotter.gif

Fun times.

Clarkie

What was the deal with her keyblade? Riku was just like "Here ya go."
Is it her keyblade now? Can she summon it? Didn't Sora and Riku get theirs through fate?
The whole process of her getting her keyblade just seems so spur of the moment as opposed to everything that happens in the game
every event has some kind of hidden detail lurking behind it.
On that note Riku just hands it to her randomly. WHY DID HE HAVE IT?
I would have rather seen it appear out of nowhere.
-_______-

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I would've just preferred if Kairi didn't get a keyblade to begin with. The explanation for her keyblade weilding abilities was so stupid that I just wish that scene from KH2 never happened.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

On the other hand, it could provide Kairi with opportunities to develop later down the line.
Personally, I find how she became a wielder interesting. I mean, an accidently wielder, whose only connection to wielding is she touched a Keyblade. A Keyblade hasn't chosen her, and the master didn't choose her either. Who's to say the circumstances surrounding that would be drastically different from anything we've seen before? I'm hoping they'll decide to explore this and have her earn her Keyblade (but not having it outright), like Riku. But, unlike Riku, her actions won't be due to remorse, making her earning her Keyblade unique to her. I still don't get why people don't see what an opportunity this presented. :/

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Nomura confirmed in the BBS Ultimania that Kairi can wield a Keyblade, so I think that's what he's planning to do with her. And I'm perfectly happy with that as long as he takes time to develop her role and not have her start off being ultra-talented all at once.

Yeah it would give Kairi some good potential character development and script. I'm very curious about how their new outfits will turn out.

loke13

On the other hand, it could provide Kairi with opportunities to develop later down the line.
Personally, I find how she became a wielder interesting. I mean, an accidently wielder, whose only connection to wielding is she touched a Keyblade. A Keyblade hasn't chosen her, and the master didn't choose her either. Who's to say the circumstances surrounding that would be drastically different from anything we've seen before? I'm hoping they'll decide to explore this and have her earn her Keyblade (but not having it outright), like Riku. But, unlike Riku, her actions won't be due to remorse, making her earning her Keyblade unique to her. I still don't get why people don't see what an opportunity this presented. :/
I'm starting to like this idea myself. But if we do get to play as her what weapon would she use if she doesn't have a keyblade yet?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I would've just preferred if Kairi didn't get a keyblade to begin with. The explanation for her keyblade weilding abilities was so stupid that I just wish that scene from KH2 never happened.
I'm one of those who love the script in KH II too but with this scene I couldn't agree less

Revolution

I'd love to see Kairi have a stronger role in future games, and one way for her to do that isn't simply by fighting.

Remember in KH2 when you had to lead Minnie through hoards of Heartless, and using her light and magic lessons, was actually quite powerful? Well, Kairi is a Princess of Heart, with a very strong heart full of light. Even if she isn't great at slashing with a Keyblade, she could be taught along the way how to use her heart's power to aid Sora and everyone.

loke13

I think Kairi's explanation for wielding was less WTF then Sora's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back