• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's future

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What party members?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Kairi's future role

I think Kairi's explanation for wielding was less WTF then Sora's.

Yeah but Sora's wasn't a stupid explanation like Kairi's was. The only explanation for Kairi was she touched Aqua's keyblade and it raises so many plotholes as to how that is even possible for her to weild a keyblade for that reason.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

Yeah but Sora's wasn't a stupid explanation like Kairi's was.

I don't understand why people keep saying that the explanation for Kairi was "stupid" or "random." As of right now, we know of two criteria in order for somebody to be an eligible Keyblade wielder:

1) Said person needs a strong heart
2) Said person needs to complete the Rite of Succession, whereby a Keyblade Master selects the person and has the person touch his/her Keyblade.

Kairi touched Aqua's Keyblade, and it chose her. It might've been an accident, but it's not like Nomura's explanation deviated too sharply from his own rules. If anything, the one who everyone should be complaining about is SORA, because he never met both criteria, but we're all so used to the idea of him being a Keyblade wielder that I don't think anyone cares about how [I]he[/I] got it.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I don't understand why people keep saying that the explanation for Kairi was "stupid" or "random." As of right now, we know of two criteria in order for somebody to be an eligible Keyblade wielder:

1) Said person needs a strong heart
2) Said person needs to complete the Rite of Succession, whereby a Keyblade Master selects the person and has the person touch his/her Keyblade.

Kairi touched Aqua's Keyblade, and it chose her. It might've been an accident, but it's not like Nomura's explanation deviated too sharply from his own rules. If anything, the one who everyone should be complaining about is SORA, because he never met both criteria, but we're all so used to the idea of him being a Keyblade wielder that I don't think anyone cares about how [I]he[/I] got it.

The rite was more than just touching a keyblade. Otherwise we would've seen Jack Sparrow become a master... and Squall... and everyone else that touched the keyblade. Sora's isn't really random. Remember that the Keyblade does have a mind of it's own. We already know why it chose him... because Riku chose darkness, the keyblade went to the next best person qualified to weild one, which is Sora. But I don't think this would be the same for Kairi because well... Riku just hands it to her. She doesn't even summon it herself which is very weird.

Martin364

In my opinion, is that if Tetsuya Nomura had decide to make Kairi a part of Sora's party, we should see and think on how her fighting and magic abilities that might somewhat be similar to either Aqua and/or the final fantasy Characters girls and of course see if she can do a Limit Ability with Sora. and her level status could be "balanced".

khlover7

I might return

The rite was more than just touching a keyblade. Otherwise we would've seen Jack Sparrow become a master... and Squall... and everyone else that touched the keyblade.

That is a plothole.

Sora's isn't really random. Remember that the Keyblade does have a mind of it's own. We already know why it chose him... because Riku chose darkness, the keyblade went to the next best person qualified to weild one, which is Sora. But I don't think this would be the same for Kairi because well... Riku just hands it to her. She doesn't even summon it herself which is very weird.

Even though Ven hasn't physically met Sora, his heart is with his own. That also gives a possibility of his Keyblade ownership, the question that keeps bugging me is "When Ven's heart leaves to his own body will Sora lose it?". That is very possible, however the rite was probably done between their hearts, thus giving him the Keyblade. Just my theory.

Aquaman OS

Spoiler Spoiler Show

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

The rite was more than just touching a keyblade. Otherwise we would've seen Jack Sparrow become a master... and Squall... and everyone else that touched the keyblade.
Of course it does you also have to be a master or master level to perform the ceremony also the KW has to be holding the keyblade while your touching it and i'm sure that Sqaull did, don't know about Jack.
Sora's isn't really random.
Yes.
Remember that the Keyblade does have a mind of it's own. We already know why it chose him... because Riku chose darkness, the keyblade went to the next best person qualified to weild one, which is Sora.
Yes and THAT was only possible because it sensed the heart of a wielder which was Ven
But I don't think this would be the same for Kairi because well... Riku just hands it to her. She doesn't even summon it herself which is very weird.
Yes but at least she went through the rite albeit incomplete, but its more than I can say for Sora.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards

Yes and THAT was only possible because it sensed the heart of a wielder
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Well about that ..

Spoiler Spoiler Show

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Well about that ..

Spoiler Spoiler Show
To my knowlegde the awakening doesn't have anything to do with the RoS. Was that from the interview?

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

No, we wouldn't, because Sora isn't an official Keyblade master yet. You need to be a MASTER in order to give that power to others, and we know that Sora definitely didn't have that power when Squall touched his Keyblade. As for Jack Sparrow, regardless of Sora's status...do you really think that Jack Sparrow has a strong heart? He's always stabbing people in the back and only truly cares about himself (and a few friends, but he'd never admit to caring about them).

Sora's isn't really random. Remember that the Keyblade does have a mind of it's own. We already know why it chose him... because Riku chose darkness, the keyblade went to the next best person qualified to weild one, which is Sora. But I don't think this would be the same for Kairi because well... Riku just hands it to her. She doesn't even summon it herself which is very weird.

No, the Keyblade did not choose Sora because Riku chose darkness; the Keyblade doesn't care about light vs. dark. It cares about the strength of heart, and at the moment, Sora's heart was stronger.

Kairi's ability was weird in KH2, but now it's been explained. It's possible that she can't summon it herself because she accidentally started the Rite of Succession, but as several people have said before, this could be an interesting plot arc for her.

Rexy

Bronze Member

the only thing i can see is about Kairi being a diferent team, since sora will cure the sadness in peoples hearts and help the ones in the other side of the door [thanks]
so Sora is ocupied with that thing, What about Mickey and Riku, they could be together, and Kairi could be the third member of their team, the magic one

Last edited:

k99y77

Awards

the only thing i can see is about Kairi being a diferent team, since sora will cure the sadness in peoples hearts and help the ones in the other side of the door

how the heck do i make spoiler, i don't remember :S
(spoiler= add spoiler title here)add spoiler here(/spoiler) replace () with []

Kalvin

this is about the most off topic thread ive ever seen O_O

since we all SHOULD know that Sora, Kairi and Riku CAN weild the Keyblade; why not just make them a party in KH III?

Rexy

Bronze Member

this is about the most off topic thread ive ever seen O_O

since we all SHOULD know that Sora, Kairi and Riku CAN weild the Keyblade; why not just make them a party in KH III?

i don't want that, i like Sora Donald and Goofy, Riku and Mickey, so Kairi should be in another team, it can be the 3 of them (Sora Riku Kairi) in the final battle against Xehanort in KH3

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

if we can watch aqua get choked by xehanort why can we see kairi take onn some baddies,
i want lightning to step in there and tell her to toughoen up or somtin she could be the leon or clod that sora has to her

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

No, we wouldn't, because Sora isn't an official Keyblade master yet. You need to be a MASTER in order to give that power to others, and we know that Sora definitely didn't have that power when Squall touched his Keyblade. As for Jack Sparrow, regardless of Sora's status...do you really think that Jack Sparrow has a strong heart? He's always stabbing people in the back and only truly cares about himself (and a few friends, but he'd never admit to caring about them).

No, the Keyblade did not choose Sora because Riku chose darkness; the Keyblade doesn't care about light vs. dark. It cares about the strength of heart, and at the moment, Sora's heart was stronger.

Kairi's ability was weird in KH2, but now it's been explained. It's possible that she can't summon it herself because she accidentally started the Rite of Succession, but as several people have said before, this could be an interesting plot arc for her.

You pretty much posted everything I was about to say. xD

Yep, to pass on the powers, Sora would have to be a Keyblade master; something that just about EVERYONE seems to be forgetting. :/ So no, Jack is not qualified to be a wielder. Squall isn't either, nor is anyone else who may have touched the Keyblade at some point or another.

And Sora's excuse for being a wielder IS more ridiculous. xD He only had two qualifications:
1. He had a strong heart, and
2. That heart is merged with Ven's.
If it wasn't for that second one, he probably wouldn't have been able to wield in the first place! Which also creates a plot hole: When Ven regains his heart, which he most likely will, does that mean that Sora will no longer be able to wield, because the big reason of why he could in the first place is that his heart was merged with another Keyblade wielder's. So if that qualification is gone, will he have proven himself worthy enough to continue wielding, or will his Keyblade choose another or disappear altogether?
Really, how Sora is able to wield is more of an asspull than Kairi.

i want lightning to step in there and tell her to toughoen up or somtin she could be the leon or clod that sora has to her

can you rephrase that in english please

THIS

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards

Sora's reason for becoming a wielder was an ass pull because it was made as such.

In KH, we got a simpler, more reasonable explanation. Riku's heart turned to darkness, so the Keyblade chose the next strongest heart in line, Sora's. Riku's heart was weaker at that time because he couldn't control the darkness (well thats how it was assumed, considering the darkness erodes the heart). Sora managed to reclaim the Keyblade back from Riku because Sora's heart wasn't alone. It was powered by the bounds of his friends.

It's all these new elements added into the equation that changes the end result. They tried to make the story too complex and it backfired. The story's constraints were violated. Now things are completely out of whack. You have Kairi, who couldn't do much of anything during KH2 or have a hint of Keyblade potential in KH, instantly being retconned to have been chosen 10 years before. This is a problem because she was put in constant danger through KH-KH2, yet she couldn't call upon the Keyblade to save her life, unlike what happened with Riku and Sora.

This makes the whole idea seem far-fetched considering one who has completed the ceremony is left out to pasture for no apparent reason. That's the problem with this ineffective Retcon. In my opinion, they should have elevated Riku to master status. Therefore, she having the potential to wield and her touching his Keyblade would set off the chain reaction, allowing her a reasonable time frame for her to wield. But NOOO. We got this BS explanation. Not that I like Kairi wielding a Keyblade, but the latter explanation would have made the ship sail...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back